FIFA 07 (PS2/XBox/PC) - Current Gen

I don't know if there isn't ANY difference. IF the framerate was fixedit's 720p on xbox the game would start kicking some next gen ass easy.the game looks real nice in 720p but plays at only about a half of the framerate. it's not THAT bad mind you it's just kinda I don't know i would say delayed or stuttery.It is playable though

BumperMan said:
I don't know if there isn't ANY difference. IF the framerate was fixedit's 720p on xbox the game would start kicking some next gen ass easy.the game looks real nice in 720p but plays at only about a half of the framerate. it's not THAT bad mind you it's just kinda I don't know i would say delayed or stuttery.It is playable though

Ok. thanks.

Ezio

jimis said:
The last masterpiece fro konami was WE6FE, WE7 was a step Back(PES4 was a desaster from the formation and tacticsside, play with 2-5-3 and it was like a handball match! WE9 was good but the Referee drives you crazy with stopping any 15 sec the Game! We10 is more Arcade than a WE6 FE!!!!

So i think EA did it very well this time, fluid Gameplay, good graphics( PES4/PES5 looks sick on X-box), much leagues and licences! For my who is a WE fan its bad to see how EA goes forward and Konami thinks that there Gameplay is unbeatable.... when EA goes so on, one Day FIFA will look better than WE/PES!

watch the 360 version and you will understand, Konami did it fast and make a copy of WE10 on x-box 360 with highres graphics(without a good edit mode,and from what i have read in German GAMEPRO not so good animations)!a very fast made Game, so they want to make us Play pes6 on X-box360! On current gen FIFA is very good, same will be happens on 360! Thats good for us, i hope Konami will wake up for PES7, it gets boring playing now for 3 releases the same with other Graphics and every year"improoved Gameplay" they are totaly out of Time by konami! everyone know what they can do on the X-box, and especialy on the 360! But they didnt do it! thats what makes me angry, i want a good game for my 59€ not a Ps2 Port of a game!

Yes ea is catchimg up, yes ea has all the licences and as i said it was a decent game overall but pes/we still has the greater depth in pure gameplay terms. I see something new every time i play pes. After a couple of matches fifa gets repeticious.

jonestm said:
Yes ea is catchimg up, yes ea has all the licences and as i said it was a decent game overall but pes/we still has the greater depth in pure gameplay terms. I see something new every time i play pes. After a couple of matches fifa gets repeticious.

i have never felt 07 get repitious though the past fifas ohh heck yes but not 07 and thats what amazes me must have played over 30 matches still seeing different runs different shots at goal different bounces different collisions and different outcomes...

mathewsss said:
How different is the gameplay between Next-Gen and Current-Gen, for guys who have played both the demo(next-gen) and full-release(curr-gen) ??
To quote IGN:

IGN.com said:
However, the difference in gameplay between the 360 and current-gen versions is very apparent, and that's largely due to the all-new physics engine. Players have an actual physical presence in the game now, so when two beefy defenders collide they'll bounce off each other and fall to the ground. Likewise, if Thierry Henry is running at full-pelt he can only change the direction of his run slightly, rather than turning on a six-pence without breaking his stride. As a result FIFA 07 is a more realistic football experience, with bigger, stronger players having an obvious advantage when tackling and light, nimble wingers proving faster on their feet.

Additionally the ball reacts more realistically than in current-gen versions of FIFA 07, pinging off players if it's struck too hard and proving much more unpredictable in goalmouth bundles. As a defender it's easier to block shots, although there's now every chance it'll deflect off your player and into the back of the net, leaving your keeper stranded after diving in the wrong direction. It's this kind of unpredictable play that makes the real thing so compelling and is a nice addition to the game.
I was on here raving about how good the current-gen game was; now I wouldn't go back to it. In my opinion (but not in some people's opinions, including "bumperman"), the next-gen game is out of this world.

Now now, mr Jack, you're Jack Bauer, not Jack Sparrow....

To quote IGN:

IGN.com said:
FIFA 07 on 360 is a very different to play compared with the current-gen game and not just because of the way the players and ball now react. Firstly, those who favour playing football games using the d-pad rather than the analogue stick will find the latter much looser and less responsive, and the raised edges and awkward position of the d-pad on the 360 pad means it's not really suitable to use. Sure, it offers greater control over the direction you can pass the ball and run in, but we still prefer the preciseness of the d-pad.

Secondly, the AI team mates aren't quite as clever as they are in PlayStation 2 and Xbox versions of the game. The defence-splitting runs no longer split the defence quite so well and the PS2's brilliant precision through-balls are much more wayward, meaning it's not as easy to string together a spectacular wide run or counter-attack.

The reason why i like fifa 07 so much this year is because it's just finally playable. I had time with almost every fifa since I can remember and the game always became either one side or old very quick. fifa 07 is like a shock to the series. it plays veryw ell COMPARED to ANY Fifa and it MATCHES WE7/WE8 and WE9 in it's gameplay. yes the supercancel is NOT there BUt it's the animations that help it sometimes.

BumperMan said:
The reason why i like fifa 07 so much this year is because it's just finally playable. I had time with almost every fifa since I can remember and the game always became either one side or old very quick. fifa 07 is like a shock to the series. it plays veryw ell COMPARED to ANY Fifa and it MATCHES WE7/WE8 and WE9 in it's gameplay. yes the supercancel is NOT there BUt it's the animations that help it sometimes.
sorry bro i completley disagree. I have played about 40 matches, 20 with man city, and 20 with sevilla against the cpu. both teams play exactly the same way, both teams defenders all seem exactly alike, joey barton seems to be the same exact player as maresca... the only difference in the players seems to be speed... it does not have the organic feel and attribute effects the PES WE has... the gameplay suffers from this. I played with dc united and with the exception of the pace of the players i didnt feel any difference between them and aston villa... in WE/PES the players stats and height and weight effect the gameplay alot... in FIFA it doenst matter... in my opinion this game does not come close to the depth that WE/PES does.... its definatley on the right track, but hte players dont feel different from one another, in WE/PES they certainly do... that is my main gripe with FIFA

csaunders said:
sorry bro i completley disagree. I have played about 40 matches, 20 with man city, and 20 with sevilla against the cpu. both teams play exactly the same way, both teams defenders all seem exactly alike, joey barton seems to be the same exact player as maresca... the only difference in the players seems to be speed... it does not have the organic feel and attribute effects the PES WE has... the gameplay suffers from this. I played with dc united and with the exception of the pace of the players i didnt feel any difference between them and aston villa... in WE/PES the players stats and height and weight effect the gameplay alot... in FIFA it doenst matter... in my opinion this game does not come close to the depth that WE/PES does.... its definatley on the right track, but hte players dont feel different from one another, in WE/PES they certainly do... that is my main gripe with FIFA

I actually do see your point though. but for me in general it's really playable. i have fun strategically playing it as well

I've only played the FIFA07 demo but I do find it, for once, quite playable. There's certainly still signs of the bad old FIFA, particularly in terms of some of the annoying player animations that have to be played out as they control the ball, the slightly iffy physics (although PES physics is now far too heavily scripted), and like csaunders mentioned above, the lack of variety in the feel of different players...the player stats don't seem to mean much.

But weighing that up against all the crap that's been introduced to the PES/WE gameplay in recent years, with endless cpu cheating, feelings of frustration and anger rather than joy when playing, no real progress in terms of new ideas in gameplay, dire referees, complete bias in favour of the cpu team, not to mention the complete stagnation of the utterly pathetic Disaster League (kill it off Seabass - it's a load of f*ckin' sh*te), the need to patch and get updated OFs to sort out the lack of real players/teams in PES, for me, it's closer than ever between PES and FIFA now.

I'm genuinely tempted to buy FIFA this year and because I already have WE10, I'm tempted to not bother with PES6.

What Ive now found weird is after playing the 360 Demo I come back to this and it feels easy! Dont know why that is?

DJ

elim said:
Thanks. Is Manager Mode addictive and can your players' stats improve/reduce over time?
Very addictive, and yes, stats go up and down depending on a number of things. :)

After years of shunning the FIFA series (Since 2001) I may well this version on the strength of what I've read.

Time to play the demo I think :)

Anyone else played Fifa for a while then tried to back to PES? It feels so weird, like the players are stuck in mud or something. PES they can't turn sometimes, and all balls seem to be played to a palyer, rather than a point on the pitch. Also, the pitch looks TINY.

I've loved PES since the first on PS2, played it so much, but now it just feels wrong. Wish Konami would change something, have heard PES6 is just about the same. Can they take out the evolution from the title then?

Exactly what I said to an Evo-Web mod on MSN a few weeks ago. You go back to PES and it's like, why are you kicking the ball where YOU want to kick it and not me? Why are you shooting straight at the keeper like an idiot? Why are you running like you're being held back by a bunch of bouncers? Why is everyone catching up to you? Why has my PlayStation2 turned into an Amiga?!

I had a blast on PES6 and if anything it's got worse, the reaction times are APPAULING. It's safe to say that I'll only be getting FIFA this year.

yes, i tried pes6, and i can't get into it. it feels really strange and scripted. played with my mate who is an absolute fifa hater and he just couldn't listen to me moaning about rails, wrong player runs and all the shit. he just does not know better! :S

FIFA does look better this year but it still seems as though it's trying to replicate pes in order to be successful. Many of the new features are directly taken from pes. This is the main reason I won't bother with it. Konami try and better themselves every year whereas FIFA try and better Konami, and the only way they seem to try this is by taking many of PES' features. L2 controlled shot? Circle motion for the Roulette? FIFA probably has potential to better PES but for as long as they are taking pages out of Konami's book I'll stick with the original.

have to say im agreeing with Jacks comments so far. Ive got fifa07 on pc and the demo on 360. I love them both, although im hoping the 360 version has more to it when released.

Anyway, yesterday i thought i would have a play on pes5, so i got the new sp4 and set away. After 20 mins i turned off again bored to tears. Honestly I lost interest in pes5 about 4 months into this years edition, so yesterday when i played it, it was the first time for about 2 months. Pes4 i played all year, but when pes5 came out, it was just like carrying on from pes4 again with a new move to try. I dont know wether this is because im getting older or what, but pes doesnt excite me the way it used to.

Another thing, when pes 4 was coming out i was dead excited about the release, when i saw pes5 screens etc i was still looking forward, but when i saw the screens were a close match for pes4 i was disappointed. Now that pes6 is coming to xbox360, im looking forward again, however tere is still a huge doubt in my mind because IMO the screens and videos don look like a step up in generation like maybe there was between iss and pro evolution soccer on ps2

Not saying that this will last for ever, but so far every fifa07 game i have played has kept me entertained

Last edited:
bradley1886 said:
FIFA does look better this year but it still seems as though it's trying to replicate pes in order to be successful. Many of the new features are directly taken from pes. This is the main reason I won't bother with it.
So because EA have copied "the best gameplay in the world" you won't buy it? You'd rather it was crap, would you? I think if it was totally different too many people would be complaining about that - and in all honesty, I don't think the 360 version borrows any gameplay mechanics from PES at all. The button assignments, yeah, but then it makes it easier to adapt and that should be considered a good thing - the finesse shot is a type of shot, so what, did PES invent a low-shot? It's been in football for years. The guys who've made FIFA 07 have worked on it for two years, they've watched football matches, put their own football knowledge into it and overall put in a lot of hard work, and it's really paid off. Players are free, the passing system pisses all over PES's passing system (and even the guys who prefer PES have said so), shots can be directed to more than three places...

Sometimes, when something is copied, it can turn out better, you know. Seabass doesn't have the resources to make his gameplay feel like FIFA 07 does. He has the resources to go "right, let's slow the game down for PES6 and remove a league - done! Wow I'd forgotten how easy this was". I think PES was the kind of game that was made by a genius in the time where you could make games on a shoestring budget. Now he's got a bigger team and doesn't really know what to do - people lap the game up so he does a few random tweaks and releases a "new game". If you don't like FIFA 07 then fair enough, but if I get the final version and I find the referee's mistakes get on my tit too much to play it, I won't be getting PES either. It feels like I've been playing the same game for ten years. Why would anyone do that? Even if it was the best game in the world, if you've played it for ten years, how could it hold my interest? Obviously it does with some people but personally I don't understand it. The game is great, but it's not changed, and personally, I'd rather eat my mobile phone than play another game of PES.

PES = Practically Everything's the Same.

fatlip180 said:
Now that pes6 is coming to xbox360, im looking forward again, however tere is still a huge doubt in my mind because IMO the screens and videos don look like a step up in generation like maybe there was between iss and pro evolution soccer on ps2
If you're hoping PES for the 360 is any different from PES6 on the PS2 (or saying that PES5 on the PS2), it isn't. It's the same game engine as the current-gen versions, only the graphics have changed. This has been mentioned in a thread somewhere before.

I'm not saying FIFA is perfect, but it's different. A lot of people don't like it, which is fair enough, but everyone who's tried it at my house has been blown away by how free the game is. These are people who play football every week, one of them three or four times a week, and when they hit the ball to where they want it to go, their face lights up. The game is immense, it puts you there. Plus, most demo's I've tried I've stopped playing after less than a week. I've played the FIFA 07 demo every day since it was released and I've seen a different game every time, I'm playing it like it's the full game. I love it.

In fairness to those who don't like it, I might be missing something - a few people have said it's even more scripted than PES, which I'm trying VERY hard to understand (as the last thing I want is that), but I just can't see anything that feels scripted. Every match has been different, you can win one game 2-0 and then lose the next 4-0, it's absolutely fantastic. What I love the most though is the human feel of everything. PES is a field of robots. In FIFA 07, if you beat a keeper, you've scored a goal. PES goes "right, how many shots has he had so far - not enough, so let's make his shot go straight to the keeper".

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom