FIFA 07 (PS2/XBox/PC) - Current Gen

How childish, Fifa is shit and anything that Konami releases is good????:applause:

The only game that gets forward is FIFA, for years now we get thesame and the same from Konami, tey are sleeping on their "great gameplay", but for how Long????

I hope konami gets a big asskick after the FIFA07 relese for the 360, when they come out with their PS2 port fro PES6!Who is a paste and Copy from we10 with bad ballphysiks and superfast Turbogameplay.......!Who gets arcade and who gets simulations, it seems things are changing from now on!!!! and thats good for us Gamers, i vave Fiafa07 on X_box and its great, my first Fifa ever, faboulous Pitches, good graphiks, and fluid gameplay(i know that konami gameplay is better) but its a big step forward! whwn i see PES5 on X-box i start Laughing!The Graphics are the biggest shit ever seen, after playing one hour you need an opthalmist from the flickerink Pitches!!!!!

So konami... i hope EA kicks your arrogant ASS this time! I get bored with your games, every year the same Shit for 60€!

hi there to all of you in here, I've been for years a loyal fan of konami and PES/WE but this year i've tried FIFA 07 and I must say I was very surprised with the enjoyment i've had playing it. I think PES is still a little bit more intuitive in the gameplay but FIFA is highly enjoyable specially with all of the licenses it has. What i'm here for is to ask if someone knows a way to take corners in order to the ball go more tense into the area. My corners are always too high and way to slow. Another thing are the movements with the right analog stick, i've yet to understand if they are a little bit random or not. ohhh!! my version of the game is the PS2 one. Any ideas? Thanks

Still finding it jerky and not fluid in the game play... This is on slow, medium and fast... This is my biggest bug bear with the game... I really want this to be the learning curve thing I get every year with Pes when they tweak things that work fine for the hell of it and you have to learn to live with them again.. But I can't get used to the jerky, stuttery play!!

i dont know what game your playing Jack, but the fifa ive was playing was fucking woeful at best in the final third.

Fifa is missing the most fundemental ingrediant in a football game, a sense of joy/achivement when you score a goal.

You say that but I'm punching the air when I score a goal. Which I've said before. Just because YOU don't feel it doesn't mean nobody else does, everyone who I've seen score has pretty much fucking loved it.

The way you feel when you score isn't programmed into a game you know, Christ I know you think the sun shines out of Seabass's arse but he's not THAT good. :roll:

Try the 360 version. I'd be very surprised if you didn't think it was the first truly next-gen sports game you've ever played.

Please can someone that's playing FIFA 07 PS2 tell me if there's a way we can take corners way more tense, without being such air balls. when i take a corner the ball goes always too much in the air, not like in real life or even in PES. Thanks in advance

If pressing the finesse shot button (R1 I believe?) doesn't make it any lower then I don't think you can do it amigo.

WishMaster 23 said:
Please can someone that's playing FIFA 07 PS2 tell me if there's a way we can take corners way more tense, without being such air balls. when i take a corner the ball goes always too much in the air, not like in real life or even in PES. Thanks in advance

take them with the shoot button...
By the way, i´m having a lot of fun playing this game. Just love it. Had been hating fifa since 99. Not this time around. Very decent allround football game. Good job EA SPORTS

I have to say so far I am enjoying it too. I am still not sure about overall gameplay when comapring it to WE but so far it isn't bad at all and I am finding the passing does seem better at times as some have said. There are still a few things that feel wrong. IE On some Clearances the ball flies out way too fast. But I have been playing it since I got it and the Manager mode kills the Master League.

Ezio

I got FIFA 07 on the PS2, just to check it out....and it's not bad at all.
I would even say it's better than WE10 in some areas, the realism is
staggering.....
I even went back to WE10 just to see the difference, I think WE10 is
a bit more fluid, but not necessarily realistic....
WE10 is better in certain areas, but FIFA 07 is better in other areas..
and I'm talking about both gameplay and presentation...

Previously with older FIFAs , I would play for 4-5 games and just conclude
it was crap....but this one definitely has kept me interested for longer..
eventually I think I might trade this one for the FIFA 07 360 version

Well, I decided to take the plunge and buy FIFA07 (the first time I've bought a FIFA this century!) and I must admit, it was the right choice. The on-pitch gameplay lacks some of the depth of PES6 but it also has plenty of things that PES doesn't.

After playing FIFA for a few hours, I went back to PES6 and I still think that PES on-pitch gameplay edges it, mainly because the ball physics feels better (more weighty although the scripted deflections in PES are jsut too much now) and AI model seems to have more depth (there are potentially more things that can happen in PES), but PES6 just feels old now...there's nothing new, nothing to get excited about.

Playing FIFA07, it's the first time in a couple of years that I've felt axctied about sitting down and playing. The manager mode is great fun, the on-pitch gameplay is refreshing, not brilliant, but at least it's something different, has a few interesting new moves and definitely gets pass marks.

I suspect I'll be going back to PES7 next year, but for now, I'm happy to play FIFA.

As for EA copying PES gameplay, yes, it's clear they have (they even copied some of the cpu cheating!!) but it's handy that you don't have too many new keys to learn so you can get playing good stuff quite quickly.

I do miss the more in depth tactics of PES, but I can't stomach another whole year of the god-awful ML and the woeful cpu cheating wrecking the gameplay.

And isn't it nice to not have to wait for a major patch to come out so that the game at least looks and sounds presentable. And all those teams and leagues...drool. Time to see if I can take Torquay to the Premiership!

I've played about 10 games on Professional difficulty, and I think here are some of the main points

Gameplay
- It is good, better than any of the older FIFAs and a serious alternative
to WE10. I like the passing and the fact that there is a speed
slider. The goals I score are pretty varied, some from corners, some
from through balls, rebounds, and one corker I scored when I crossed the
ball from the left wing, it missed my striker, the ball bounced outside the
box and Gerrard came running in to hit a volley on the bounce, it flew
in...was a superb goal.
The CPU AI is reasonable, but I have not played against many great
teams so far to see any major difference. I've conceded different
types of goals, and seen the AI do different things.
One of the gripes is how the CPU keeps trying long-range shots and
mostly hits the bar or post.
Also I don't see too many headers.

Other stuff:
- Presentation is great, the commentary is good, mostly realistic
except they can never get Andy Gray sounding better...he sounds better
in real life especially when he comments just after a goal is scored
in real life.
- The leagues are all there, it's great too.
- the manager mode is awesome, but why they don't play in the authentic
stadia in this mode, I dont know why?
-graphics: some of the player likeness is good, some crap, the blurry
feel and the player models are not good.
-The nets are crappy, and can be so much better.

I've got sick of WE10, and the repetitive gameplay tweaks (breaking something and fixing something that used to work, in cycles).
Also the ML and the lack of licenses and atmosphere (half-empty stadia)
really take away from the overall experience....
I think FIFA 07 is a good alternative.

The problem I see with most PES/WE veterans, is that they are not willing
to un-learn all the stuff they got so used to in PES/WE and go to FIFA
this year, a lot of people will play this and say it's crap.
It's almost like inertia, you're used to PES/WE, and it takes some patience
and learning to appreciate FIFA 07.

airjoca said:
Check this out!

> http://www.youtube.com/profile_videos?user=therealshizzle

Take a look at that guy's videos, some mo-cap sessions for Fifa07

Some really funny stuff going on there! :D
I saw these a while back. You could download those on the X360 from marketplace too.

MrCoopz said:
does anyones know how to do Ronaldos backheel and Dinos Flip flap?

i cant even do a stepover

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pxXNyNTyml8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iv1M-qNed5U
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SWwbIlZF1Pk

PS2 buttons would be great :)
The backheel is pretty easy. If you're running from left to right, quickly pressing up, up, rapidly on the right stick would make Ronaldo knock it to his left. Not sure about the others.

I played it today for a few games, about five in all.

It's decent for the most part, but the shooting, and the animations for the shooting are awful. and the graphics are crap

I might pick it up cheap somewhere after Christmas if I get bored of PES

Ronaldinho Flip Flap:

If you're going from left to right, make a quarter circle from up to right and back again to up on the right analogue stick.

Or from down to right and back to do it with the other foot.

played some more.....

the shooting seems a bit random, i would miss from 10 yards out with
only the keeper to beat...seems to be a bit scripted the way it goes
just wide....

but on the plus side, the game has some excitement, i cranked it up
to world-class and had some good games, the CPU is playing more aggressive
and scoring goals for me is now a challenge....
this is definitely a contender against PES now....

mathewsss said:
played some more.....

the shooting seems a bit random, i would miss from 10 yards out with
only the keeper to beat...seems to be a bit scripted the way it goes
just wide....

but on the plus side, the game has some excitement, i cranked it up
to world-class and had some good games, the CPU is playing more aggressive
and scoring goals for me is now a challenge....
this is definitely a contender against PES now....

precision shots are your friend

The key for me is that a couple of weeks later I'm still playing Fifa07, still wanting to play it and looking forward to playing it when I'm not, the manager mode is really enjoyable and makes me think about all those 100's of hours I used to spend playing the crappy shallow ML, I can't see myself doing that again.

I've been as big a PES/WE fanboy as anyone for the last few years but IMO PES6 is a joke, and the joke's on anyone who buys it. At least EA for all their many flaws have worked on improving Fifa, improving the gameplay, improving the depth and content what have Konami done for us lately?

Still playing the full version here and waiting for the 360 version, next week finally :D Changed the difficulty up to world class but didnt notice much difference from professional. Really need to get legend as its too easy atm, but then im used to playing 6* pes and winning most of the games so not much of a surprise to me. Really enjoying the managermode and everything that comes with it. Gameplay doesnt have the depth of pes, but its not far off, and the passing and movement is great imo. Played some lovely attacking football earlier with off the ball movement from bellamy to score a great 'arsenal' style goal. Cant really comment ont he graphics as ive put it on low settings on my pc to keep the speed up and smooth. Still decent enough though. Also the atmosphere is really good, being booed when winning away, home fans whistling for fulltime when im hanging on. Yeah its definitly a really good game and overal i would rate it higher then we/pes, only slightly like 0,5 point out of 10. But still thats a great improvement as i havent bothered with fifa since 98.

Back
Top Bottom