FIFA 07 (PS2/XBox/PC) - Current Gen

t_barbouche

League 2
9 January 2006
hi

Since all the exitemen about pro 6 has been around it seems everyone has forgot about fifa. So i will just like 2 ask if anyone has info about fifa 07 thx in advance

regards tb ;)

Re: Any info about fifa 07

Lol :) It will be a slight remix of the lack of depth WC 06, again graphically it will get things wrong like black outlines on the Man United Kits...... Player faces still wont look much like their original counterparts....oh and the Gameplay will still not be anywhere near as good as the excitement of PES6.... If I was you mate I wouldnt think about FIFA 07, as soon as I realised how bad WC 06 was in terms of the lack of depth in gameplay I stopped thinking about FIFA alltogether.....

DJ

Fifa 07 might be very good. remember WC2006 for 360 was just a remix(albiet a VERY good one)of RTTWC. However fifa 07 should be an entirely different puppy. I think they will finally unviel a beauty.

I cant believe it took you over a day to manage to reply to this thread Bumper....

:D

Dar said:
I cant believe it took you over a day to manage to reply to this thread Bumper....

:D

Anything related to my beloved 360 World cup game and I'm there. as much as the 360 vers of pro evo too :)

I have tested yesterday WC2006 on 360 with a HDTV!!!

Graphics are good( by ingamevideos players look likes plasticmoddels)but Ingamegraphiks when playing are good! Gameplay is between good and sometimes old Fifastyle, but everyone can see that they want to Copy Konami!!!! But when Pes6 will be released on the 360 than the same thing as everyear!!!! For the momment no one can beat Konami in Gameplay!!!!

Correct and do you know why? Ill keep saying that 1 magical word..... Depth. Konami's PES series has depth to the gameplay and it feels like your playing a good footy title and not an arcade game where You aim to shoot one way and the CPU decides to place it the other way!

DJ

EA Sports FIFA 2007

Interview with Nick Pothmann, PR Manager at Elecetronic Arts

IRFO: Can you please introduce yourself and tell us what your position at EA is?
Nick Pothmann: My name is Nick Pothmann and I work as a PR Manager at Electronic Arts. I am responsible for all EA SPORTS games including the FIFA franchise as well as titles from our EA SPORTS BIG brand (e.g. FIFA Street 2). Last but not least the PR work for the Need For Speed series is under my responsibility too.

IRFO: Does not EA intend to add Iran in FIFA – even when this team could come to quarterfinal round of FIFA World Cup 2006 Germany?
Nick Pothmann: Actually the team of Iran is now in the new World Cup game, since they managed to qualify for the World Cup. So all fans of the Iranian soccer-team are now free to take their country to the championship.

IRFO: How many Iranian players do you know?
Nick Pothmann: Of course I know the players from the Bundesliga: Karimi, Mahdavikia, Daei but to be honest I am not so familiar with the Iranian local teams apart from Esteghlal, Foolad and Pas. But I am sure with a professional structure the Iranian football will bring out lots of great players in the future.

IRFO: How do you see the Iran national team in World Cup 2006?
Nick Pothmann: Iran has a tough group to play. If they can draw against Mexico on Sunday, the next round is possible. But Iran definitely needs to beat Angola :)

IRFO: Can you please give us some info regarding FIFA 07: its new features etc.?
Nick Pothmann: You have to understand that details regarding features will be announced first time in August.

IRFO: How do you see the 2006 FIFA World Cup Germany overall, which teams could get the title?
Nick Pothmann: First of all the WC 2006 taking place in Germany is really amazing for us here in Germany. Everyone is enthusiastic and can’t wait for the kick-off in Munich on July 9th. My personal favourite for the Cup is Italy. They have a greatly balanced team with a first class keeper (Buffon) and a Totti in the offence. But maybe that’s just because I don’t want to say Brazil as everybody. Maybe even Portugal can make its way to the semi-final. And then everything is possible.

IRFO: Are you a football fan, what is your favourite club?
Nick Pothmann: I am definitely. And my football heart belongs since 25 years to Borussia Mönchengladbach :)

http://www.irfo.ir/en/post/177

Re: EA Sports FIFA 2007

lol somehow this is missing the info you should get from.

german source:

"Das neue FIFA wird Authentizität pur sein. Besonders die Xbox360 Version wird ein neues Level an Details haben, wie man es noch nie zuvor in einem Konsolenspiel gesehen hat. Erwartet tausende von Spielern, die aussehen und sich spielen lassen wir ihre echten Gegenstücke. Wir werden ebenfalls die Verteidigungs-AI und die Ball Physik verbessern. Die taktischen Möglichkeiten ebenfalls erweitert. Versteht bitte, dass Details bezüglich der Features zum ersten Mal im August bekannt gegeben werden."

xbox360 version especially...depth of detail never seen on a console game before...thousands of players that look like their real-life counterparts (all real faces?)

better ai, better physics.

well. can ea get it right this time?

We have heard all this before pretty much every FIFA release! im sick of it and my patience with EA has run thin. Do they not actually play the game before they release it?

DJ

It'll be the same unplayable shite covered in lots of glossy yet meaningless presentation, what more info would you like to know? :)

Last edited:

To be honest,I really hope they can pull a rabbit out their ass with 2007.

Patching (at the moment)is a damp squib as far as next gen cosoles are concerned,so it would be nice if we could pick up a controller,and get sucked in to awesome graphics,much deeper gameplay,official kits(done properly)online that doesn't disconnect when the ball runs out for a corner.

Lets face it,Konami need a little kick up the jacksy,just to keep them on their toes.

:)

But I won't hold my breath.

interesting find...

just picked up RTTWC again (after trading it in for FWC2006) and I have to say the camera angles are far better on road to the world cup then world cup. the world cup game is too far. gameplays pretty decent in RTTWC too but the shooting is NOT good much better in FWC. Funny IF EA decides to release fifa 07 I would like to see two things happen.

Keep the camera angles and overall graphics from RTTWC

keep the shooting from FWC2006

and then add better ball pjysics to long shots9so that it actually feels like you shot at goal) and introduce directional shotting like WE

and you might have a winner EA

Id like for them to overhaul the game engine! again make more strides to make it more PES Esque than it currently is, They need to sort out their stupid graphical inconsistancies that they get each time too, they have got the official licenses so why not make things look correct? like the kits as I mentioned before. Add a decent Edit Mode that allows you to change meaningful things, The Camera Angle In WC is Indeed too far and yes RTFWC's did look a lot better.

Its stupid for every good little thing they do a big stupid bad thing comes to the surface like shoddy depthless gameplay or things that just dont look right.

DJ

Agreed they make one thing decent and good and then implemenet something worse sometimes. i mean the camera angle is abig blow at first i didn't noticve it but after going back to RTTWC it was extremely apparent. graphically RTTWC looks better even becasue of this. it has a much closer impression of a next gen PES/WE than FWC.

djdoc360 said:
Id like for them to overhaul the game engine! again make more strides to make it more PES Esque than it currently is, They need to sort out their stupid graphical inconsistancies that they get each time too, they have got the official licenses so why not make things look correct? like the kits as I mentioned before. Add a decent Edit Mode that allows you to change meaningful things, The Camera Angle In WC is Indeed too far and yes RTFWC's did look a lot better.

Its stupid for every good little thing they do a big stupid bad thing comes to the surface like shoddy depthless gameplay or things that just dont look right.

DJ

I'd life for EA to simply eliminate this game all toghether. Make it dissappear for ever!

Simple as that.

I'd rather have Fifa with good gameplay than PES with good graphics, cos Fifa has all the licences.

At the end, I've played FIFA World Cup 2006 on XBOX360. In game graphics are awesome. Stadium atmosphere is great too. But player and kit models are not good enough. But they've improved their gameplay. But not good as WE10. For me, if EA works like this, they could have a good gameplay like Konami soon.

Bule said:
At the end, I've played FIFA World Cup 2006 on XBOX360. In game graphics are awesome. Stadium atmosphere is great too. But player and kit models are not good enough. But they've improved their gameplay. But not good as WE10. For me, if EA works like this, they could have a good gameplay like Konami soon.

Thats true, i ask myself: If you are EA and you have enough Money, why the hell you dont take aome good Programmers to make your gameplay like Konami????? If they find the FIFA gameplay interesting they must be crazy!!! wc2006 is better than the Older FIFAS butyou dont feel 100% control of the Game, thats what i am missing!

If they dont change their Gameplay t will have every year second Place, and when someone else decided to bring out a better Game with better gameplay they will crash!!!! Si we will se what PES6 dos on the 360, i think EA will get in trouble when this comes out!!!!

Provided you can easily edit PES and make some decent Kits, boots etc on PES yeah EA will be in trouble if PES6 on 360 turns out to be good.

DJ

djdoc360 said:
Provided you can easily edit PES and make some decent Kits, boots etc on PES yeah EA will be in trouble if PES6 on 360 turns out to be good.

DJ

EA will never be in trouble. They sell bucket loads of Fifa

Yep they sell bucketloads unfortunately. I blame these 12 year old kids who buy it because its got Rooney on the front cover, as well as blaming those who buy a game JUST for the licences, and I blame Bumperman. Fuck sake I sound like Jack Bauer, I need help. :(

nah ur right mate, its these people who also think they know football and actually dont so they buy FIFA thinking its the best thing since sliced bread. Then they play PES and think its bollocks because PES actually feels like real football and they are so used to Ultra Arcadey FIFA. Licenses of course is another thing ive heard kids talk about "oh PES with no real kits and names etc.. FIFA rules" ive told some of them to get a life and play PES.

DJ

easyeasyeasy said:
Yep they sell bucketloads unfortunately. I blame these 12 year old kids who buy it because its got Rooney on the front cover, as well as blaming those who buy a game JUST for the licences, and I blame Bumperman. Fuck sake I sound like Jack Bauer, I need help. :(

That's why Konami signs contract with Adriano after Henry and Terry. I hope they will get full licences. Then i can play one football game without patching.

:)

I'm looking foward to this. Shock horror.

I don't have blind loyalty to PES, it FIFA makes some very subtle imporvements, it could challenge PES. Healthy competition will always force others to strive for excellence.

If PES was the only football game around, sure maybe they would have licenses, but they would probably sit back and let the dosh role in, and jsut add a few new animations and teams like they usually do.

I will buy it, but I buy any old shit.

djdoc360 said:
nah ur right mate, its these people who also think they know football and actually dont so they buy FIFA thinking its the best thing since sliced bread. Then they play PES and think its bollocks because PES actually feels like real football and they are so used to Ultra Arcadey FIFA. Licenses of course is another thing ive heard kids talk about "oh PES with no real kits and names etc.. FIFA rules" ive told some of them to get a life and play PES.

DJ

I've converted a few people from Fifa to PES, at first they hate it... then disslike it and it gradually becomes better and better to them the more they play it. Then they start to not like FIFA for it's mediocrity, \\:o/ but still buy the newer versions hoping it's improved. :(

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom