FIFA 07 (Xbox 360)

Re: FIFA 07 (Xbox 360) - Next-gen

i think the last screen with statistics and real player pic looks great :D gameplay decent also, this is gonna be a cool game.

Nice touch to the game :)

gcs0001qf3.jpg

The ingame footage looked great! If the gameplay is anything like Fifa 07 on current gen they are onto a winner. It looks really good from the video. And the graphics are stunning!

MrMic said:
I thought the gameplay video was really good, especially the ball physics. What I didn't like was the somewhat akward behaviour of the goalkeepers (also in the replays at the end).

The AI was a little strange too, look at the CPU-Controlled Defenders. We'll see in the Demo...

Thing is we have no idea what skill level the game was on that could have an affect and the players were obviously getting used to the game they were giving instruction etc, but first impressions are wow for me and it seems it is now ahead ahead of pro evo in my must have list even though its a must have which mean I have to have both anyway lol. ;)

Thing is we have no idea what skill level the game was on that could have an affect and the players were obviously getting used to the game they were giving instruction etc, but first impressions are wow for me and it seems it is now ahead ahead of pro evo in my must have list even though its a must have which mean I have to have both anyway lol.

True. I really hope it turns out to have great gameplay. A game that looks like this and plays like PES would be a dream come true :)

cowden_harley said:
Some Xbox 360 gamers felt a bit left out in the cold with EA on the few options of stadiums and leagues in FIFA 07. Well, the game developers have bumped up the list from seven leagues to 27, that's got to help uplift the Xbox 360 owners hurt feelings. Let's cross our fingers, click the heels of our ruby shoes, and hope they add more before the release date.
http://xbox360.qj.net/category/FIFA-07/cid/2520
Unfortunately it's just been confirmed on the EA FIFA 07 forums that this isn't true. This information was from June, it's since been announced that the game will only contain six leagues. :(

Edit: Ignore that, some wanker on the EA forums swears it says "June" somewhere on the quoted page but I can't see it. There's still a possibility it's true (although I doubt it).

Last edited:

I think we have to be realistic, we'd all love more leagues in the 360 version but it's highly unlikely at this late stage. Unless they changed their minds a month or so ago (which I doubt as the official site recently confirmed leagues etc for each version) then can you really see them adding even a single extra league in the final month before release? Unless they're gonna make less known players generic and all look the same, there's no chance they can reproduce even 1 more league to the graphical standards already shown. I'll cross my fingers with everyone else but with only about a month to go, including manufacturer and shipping, I can't believe it. Lets just hope the game plays to pes standards (or whisper it... better!) and that they can spend then next year getting the other leagues to look as good as the ones already in the game.

Dont see how its true as they were saying they couldnt because of all the extra data (although ive argued that its bollocks, and im sticking to it), or were they just doing a konami and making excuses to do less work for the same profit? Would be great news if its trua and make me lean back towards fifa again. Time will tell

who cares if there 6 leagues?

im never gonna be a hungarian team anyway

Why do the players all look shot and squatty though? :(, i dont like the models they look a bit fat, but on the whole, this is looking very very very very promising, with the way PES6 is shaping out to be, i think Fifa has finally closed the gap between the two games on next-gen consoles, and just maybe has taken the lead (thats all in my opinion anyways) :)
Nice little detail on 1:29" (in the vid) where del piero gets the ball and advances with it, keep an eye on his head, he's trying to track where the defender is while also trying to keep an eye on the ball, its almost as if he's thinking on how to beat the defender, looks so real :D

Last edited:

MrCoopz said:

Agree. Although it might be annoying in manager mode for example promotions and relegations wont happen. Dunno how that will work

I dont like the looks of this the crossing still looks rubbish.

El Diego said:
I dont like the looks of this the crossing still looks rubbish.
Atleast u can control the power and direction of crosses, in PES crosses just go to the spot.

NOtice how in PES u can never square the ball really quickly once uv beaten the offside, dear me!

NickSCFC said:
Atleast u can control the power and direction of crosses, in PES crosses just go to the spot.

NOtice how in PES u can never square the ball really quickly once uv beaten the offside, dear me!

1. Manual crossing is there. Change it in controller config.

2. Yes you can. Use R1+R2

MrCoopz said:

sadly there's no hungary in current-gen either. :( cause i'd surely play borsodi liga :mrgreen:

Who cares about Hungary! You people are so fickle! :lol:

Looking at X06 gameplay vids of FIFA and PES sidebyside they look like they are same game. Exept PES looks like old gen version. FIFA 07 animations in general look better to me. I hope that FIFA has finally managed to get the depth of gameplay that PES has. Its different game though, i dont want it completely play like PES. We´ll know better when demo comes out.

whoa the video was impressive, but it did look a heck of alot just like Winnign Eleven with improved graphics and animations. We shall see in a couple of weeks...

i like the way the players lean to the direction they want to go to now, looks more realistic and organic to some extent.

Back
Top Bottom