FIFA 07 (Xbox 360)

Re: FIFA 07 (Xbox 360) - Next-gen

Whatever they motion captured was still better than the robots used to make the animations in PES/WE. If I have time soon I will make short vids of PES6 animations, FIFA 07 animations, and real life animations and then all of you can shut the hell up once you see how robotic PES/WE's animations are next to real-life animations and then how close FIFA 07 animations are next to real-life animations. Shit, I'll just use the turning animation as a written example. In PES6, they turn sharply and without the need to shift any weight of their body. In FIFA they turn and shift body weight accordingly. In real life when a player makes a turn, they shift body weight accordingly.

I'm starting to think people who find the animations in PES/WE to be more realistic (closer to real-life) either don't play football, have never played football, or don't even bother to watch football. The fact is, FIFA 07 on X360 has some of the best player animations seen in almost any sports title to date.

Last edited:

I think both FIFA and PES has some way to go before being realistic. But just from watching someone play a game of FIFA, and a game of PES, FIFA has a much nicer flow between animations, and the animations seem smoother and more natural in terms of the smaller detailed movements. The animations themselves might not be very realistic though... :)

Also I really wish they would start implementing new animation systems, for example, for one shot type, instead of what PES has been doing (every year, replace the shot animation with a new one so it seems like there are things happening in development), break animations down into separate sections, and layer animations in a way so that crossfading between different animations is possible. That way a player won't always move his body in exactly the same way every time a type of shot is taken.

Also the layers of animations could be separated between high technique and low technique so that players with higher technique have a better/cleaner shot animation etc, players with more shot power moves through the animations faster. Would really make a world of difference if almost no 2 shots looked exactly the same.

Also I really wish they would start implementing new animation systems, for example, for one shot type, instead of what PES has been doing (every year, replace the shot animation with a new one so it seems like there are things happening in development), break animations down into separate sections, and layer animations in a way so that crossfading between different animations is possible. That way a player won't always move his body in exactly the same way every time a type of shot is taken.

Also the layers of animations could be separated between high technique and low technique so that players with higher technique have a better/cleaner shot animation etc, players with more shot power moves through the animations faster. Would really make a world of difference if almost no 2 shots looked exactly the same.

Errr.........have you even played FIFA 07 on the Xbox 360, as of your above comments it doesnt sound like you have even watched it closely, let alone played it........otherwise you would have seen that the animations can be broken and different animations can be strung together based on how you move the joystick and also every player doesnt move the same. You can see the difference between high and low skill players thoughout their various animations (running, passing, dribbling, shooting, etc.)

@Everyone
I know this all boils down to PES vs FIFA. I dont really care which game people like more, be it PES or FIFA, or whatever as none of that changes the fact that FIFA 07 on X360 has simply breathtaking animations for any sports video game title to date.

Last edited:

I played fifa 07 on the 360. Had like 30 games. Cant see what the big hype is all about. Players like Henry take the ball and blast through the whole team EVERY game. That is just stupid.

you know when you edit boots for the players and unlock them there are some which the players wear but you can't unlock them i was wondering are these avalible and the live marketplace or do you think there should be

I think deftones is right about the animations...
FIFA has the better flow of animations, and a more realistic
look of animations.
It's got a more organic feel........
....But I don't like the shooting, lack of heading, lack of
net physics, the terrible generic faces, the lack of good cut
scenes, the shadowy dark shades on some cut-scenes....it just
could have been so much better....
I'm hoping FIFA 08 will take the best of FIFA 07 from both the
XBOX 360 (animations, ball-physics)
and PS2 (gameplay, faces, teams, leagues).

When you play FIFA (though I admit I have not played the 360 version) it feels like you are in one big cut scene. Not very realistic at all IMO.

Well fifa 07 vs pes6 got its greatest test yesterday. We had about 10 people round for a boozy xbox session, Pes6 first, as everyone pretty much had pes and were all seasons players. It lasted abouut an hour and that hour was spent moaning about how you cant do this, cant do that, graphics moans, gameplay moans content moans (why do the players all have long forearms one of my mates girlfriends said!!!)

We then slapped in fifa and had a right good laugh, everyone found it harder to score and games were more tight affairs, meaning when someone did score, it ended with an crowd eruption.

I had personally gone off fifa, and maybe i still prefer pes6 online, but fifa for me is definately better with a group of people.

When you play FIFA (though I admit I have not played the 360 version) it feels like you are in one big cut scene. Not very realistic at all IMO.

If you havent played the 360 version why did you even bother posting comments against FIFA in the 360 version thread? :roll:
unfortunately the animations look like theyve motion captured things from other planets
Its so nice to see this is all you can come up with........

Last edited:
I know I shouldn't have, but I am willing to bet the 360 version would have the same feel as FIFA 07 on the PS2.

I'm not dissing FIFA its just something i think they need to work on to make the game more realistic in general, On all platforms.

It doesnt feel the same mate its a totally different game and you can feel that when you play it....

Try it you might like it. I certainly do.

DJ

I'm always happy to be proved wrong so I retract my previous statement. :)

Its just my oppinion that they try to make the game look like a movie to much. I have no problem with the game play of FIFA 07 in general so please don't think I am a mindless FIFA hater.

I know I shouldn't have, but I am willing to bet the 360 version would have the same feel as FIFA 07 on the PS2.
The 360 version is a brand new game engine and it does not even play remotely close to how the current-gen versions play. Its like a totally new game.
I have no problem with the game play of FIFA 07 in general so please don't think I am a mindless FIFA hater.
Well mate, in all honesty what would you think of a person who makes a condemning comment about a game they havent even played? Its nice to see that you admit fault though so I will not add you to the group of moronic fanboys :)

Last edited:
Yeah that was a school boy error on my part. Sorry about that.

I have defended FIFA players against those idiots on more than one occasion on these boards so It's important you know I'm not one of them. :)

I'm also happy to hear EA didn't just make a poor port of the game like Konami did with PES.

Last edited:
What camera do you guys prefer to play on. The default broadcast style one or the higher up, Pro Evo style one?

Tele cam you mean? In which case, yeah, I use that one.

The graphics look gorgeous close-up but if I can't see who to pass to then I'm buggered.

diagnostics in these games and that I am testing is out to my voice recognition software to see if it's working and so far I think it is working fine TDS and the evacuate for students doing OK yes I need to speak Korean so that these computer can understand what I'm saying I'm talking because of all of what has been beaten in these polls as a whole beans, a speech recognition software will still the style .

This game is STILL good. a gew things make it not perfect but in general you can play the game of soccer pretty well on it.Like it better than any winning eleven i ever played...I still see new animations and now that i'm better at positioning I score better goals and goals that look different everytime. i'm starting to notice you have to take a very realistic approach to playing this game

The only reason I've stopped playing the game is because of a lack of teams and game modes. I've started playing it on the PS2, which has a career mode involving REAL MONEY (not points) and lower-league teams as well. Having an absolute blast on it.

I'm tempted not to buy "Champions League" in March - the gameplay is brilliant but (as I've said so many times about PES) if there isn't enough to do, what's the point?

If FIFA 08 on the 360 has the same number of teams as the current-gen versions (and I bet it won't :(), then I'd be really happy.

yeah even with how much i like soccer games i can't bare to spend 50 on the new winning eleven one coming out here in the states. I'm more interested in saving that 50 towards UEFA

This game is STILL good. a gew things make it not perfect but in general you can play the game of soccer pretty well on it.Like it better than any winning eleven i ever played...I still see new animations and now that i'm better at positioning I score better goals and goals that look different everytime. i'm starting to notice you have to take a very realistic approach to playing this game

This is why I say so many PES/WE fans have issues with this FIFA. They are either trying to play it like PES/WE or they are trying to play it like previous FIFA's. Even some old FIFA fans have issues with the new FIFA and again it because they are trying to play it like you played old FIFA's.

Last edited:
i reckon for fifa 08 they will do all the teams and a better manager mode i bet there doing it right now whilst eating McDonalds

This is why I say so many PES/WE fans have issues with this FIFA. They are either trying to play it like PES/WE or they are trying to play it like previous FIFA's. Even some old FIFA fans have issues with the new FIFA and again it because they are trying to play it like you played old FIFA's.

Yeah I agree. I noticed when I play more like what i play or watch in real life I get instant results

Back
Top Bottom