FIFA 07 (Xbox 360)

Well this is getting sold tomorrow. I've really tried with it but I can't get through the first half of a game with out turning it off and thinking to myself "why do I keep trying with this shit" and it doesnt get played for another month. I thought I'd try getting back into it what with us being able to download roster updates soon but it's just so boring. Goalies look crap, nets don't move, to me it still doesn't feel like real football. The graphics may be very good (apart from the ape player models and crap crowd) but its the same old Fifa floating football crap. I'm not a PES fanboy because it's far from great on the 360 but for me it offers a much more realistic football experience and after all its more FUN and that is what we play games for. Fun. I liked Fifa on current gen but for next gen EA can f**k off getting my money until they release something much better. PES for me.

I felt exactly the same with PES - I played it once a month to try and understand how people could say it was fun, or even realistic for that matter, but I couldn't play it for more than a half without thinking "the player is doing all of the wrong things, the shots are ballooning over the bar if I even breathe on the button and you either play endless friendlies online or a horrible career mode that lacks anything to keep me interested in it".

In truth though, I have stopped playing FIFA as well. I think from now on I'm going to find it difficult to get into a football game that only has one league per country. There's no excitement in staying in the Premiership for ten seasons. I'm actually starting to play FIFA on the PS2, which is pretty good.

see i'm at a loss. i respect both noted and you jack. i like fifa 07 on 360 but have not played we on 360(thanks to it's late release here in the states)but seriously if it's the same ol we but just with a few additions i can wait until uefa comes out and hope some of the things that bother me in 07 are fixed

Well this is getting sold tomorrow. I've really tried with it but I can't get through the first half of a game with out turning it off and thinking to myself "why do I keep trying with this shit" and it doesnt get played for another month. I thought I'd try getting back into it what with us being able to download roster updates soon but it's just so boring. Goalies look crap, nets don't move, to me it still doesn't feel like real football. The graphics may be very good (apart from the ape player models and crap crowd) but its the same old Fifa floating football crap. I'm not a PES fanboy because it's far from great on the 360 but for me it offers a much more realistic football experience and after all its more FUN and that is what we play games for. Fun. I liked Fifa on current gen but for next gen EA can f**k off getting my money until they release something much better. PES for me.

Totally agree, I felt like this and sold it.
I think FIFA on PS2 was better...more fun definitely..
none of the irritating aspects of the 360 version.

i was considerng getting it for the gamecube to play on my wii. Love the 360 vesion. Would you recommend it?

The gamecube version?

OHH Heck Yes!

If you play the game in progressive scan on the Wii the game is just great!. For me it's the reason why I'm keeping my original gamecube to maybe one day build an arcade out of the gamecube version of fifa 07. ALL my friends agree the gamecube version is perfect.

Nah they're not. I've started a career with FIFA 07 on the PS2 and it's not bad at all.

I played this ages ago on the ps2, great gameplay,but very poor graphics (the ps2 can do so much better imo)

Anyhoo, got pissed off with cheats on pes6 (and a little bored),so I fired up fifa 07 next gen 2 days ago,and after resisting the temptation to switch it off at half time,I've actually started to get a hang for this game.
Its sooooo different from other versions,thats the thing.
I've been trying to play it like former fifas,and it is an entirely different game.
I think I've seen the light Jack...

:D

I played this ages ago on the ps2, great gameplay,but very poor graphics (the ps2 can do so much better imo)

Anyhoo, got pissed off with cheats on pes6 (and a little bored),so I fired up fifa 07 next gen 2 days ago,and after resisting the temptation to switch it off at half time,I've actually started to get a hang for this game.
Its sooooo different from other versions,thats the thing.
I've been trying to play it like former fifas,and it is an entirely different game.
I think I've seen the light Jack...

:D
well thats another issue with this game i have. I play great one game, then shit the next... but im doing the same things, it just seems that for some reason, a player takes an extra touch, or there also seems to be a lag when passing, i hit the pass button then it delays, and i get stuffed. I feel like i cant master this game, becuase there is nothing to master, its just part of the gameplay that gives you an extra touch, or the lag takes effect on the passing... i need someone to go on-line with me and tell me what im doing wrong.. how do you guys set your passing assistance?

My God, that's another one converted. I'd give you a badge jambo but we're being inundated at the moment... :mryellow:

Might buy this shit second hand for cheap eventually. Enjoyed the demo a lot, just needs a few tweaks to the volleying and headering.

Much better than PES6 IMO. PES6 feels like a PSOne game.

bumperman download the pes6 demo off live, it is identical to we. fifa is more 'realistic' to real football, but pes is what we expect football games to feel like.

....and fifa 07 on the ps2 is brilliant, its depth, teams, faces, stadiums, etc makes i more appealing to go back to, and scoring a goal can be very satisfying. as opposed to on the 360, when, and i dont know why, scoring just seems like another part of the game, no satisfacion atall...wierd.

well, I've just realised how shit PES6 on the 360 actually is.

and I've also realised just how decent FIFA is, especially in the looks department, after a while of complaining abour the player models and so on, it's actually stunning to behold, especially on a HDTV.

Agreed ^ however some of the players look like Aliens, some look ill and some just dont look anything like their real life counterparts. This is Next Gen.....

Dj

one question, noticing that the boots you can buy, there are only two Nike ones

gold Legends and blue T90's

so does that mean you cant give say, Walcott his Mercurials?

Only those two. Can anyone tell me if you can change the colour of the Nikes/Adidas or are they just set boots..

Oh and when's the transfer patch out?

yeah i noticed that aswell and the red vapours are on the game but you can't unlock them or give them to anyone
Noted:erm.. it was supposed to be out after the window but it's not yet hopefully it will be out soon

can someone explain to me how i can get my full back up and down the side ?Cos they seem to never come up like they should
please thanks guy

Same as with PES/WE - go into your tactics. Put forward-run arrows on your full-backs and set their defensive run-back arrows to "low". If that doesn't put them up far enough for you, edit the formation and push them further up to make them wing-backs.

the transfer update is now but it's not under download roster it's when you start a match and it checks for the online squad updates

Back
Top Bottom