FIFA 07 (Xbox 360)

NickSCFC

Banned
18 July 2003
Stoke-on-Trent, UK
Stoke City/Liverpool
It's getting confusing having one thread for the current-gen version and next-gen version (which is apparently a completely different gam).

So we should have seperate threads.

Could a mod change the name of the other thread to "FIFA 07 - Current-gen" Cheers.

A nice vid to get us goin!

http://xboxyde.com/news_3623_en.html

89814-FIFA07x360SCRNarsenalChels1.jpg

89816-FIFA07x360SCRNarsenlNwcle4.jpg

89866-FIFA07x360SCRNwhuSPURS04.jpg

89867-FIFA07x360SCRNwstHmArsenal.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: FIFA 07 (Xbox 360) - Next-gen

Having watched the vid it does look a bit RTFWC on 360 to me and that worries me. That game was an excuse of a game! it sucked and also felt really cheap. Shooting system was awful and players ran like retards. Im hoping my initial thoughts on seeing that video are put to bed very soon.

DJ

Some Xbox 360 gamers felt a bit left out in the cold with EA on the few options of stadiums and leagues in FIFA 07. Well, the game developers have bumped up the list from seven leagues to 27, that's got to help uplift the Xbox 360 owners hurt feelings. Let's cross our fingers, click the heels of our ruby shoes, and hope they add more before the release date.

More new screenshots are flooding in from the Tokyo Game Show. We have here 14 new ones on FIFA 07 for the Xbox 360. It seems as if these aren't actual gameplay screens, but probably in-engine.

Developed by EA Canada, this 14th game in the FIFA Series and the 11th in 3D, will have more than 510 teams between 27 leagues and 20 countries with about 4,000 licensed players, teams and leagues.

from
http://xbox360.qj.net/FIFA-07-gamepl...g/49/aid/67730
and
http://xbox360.qj.net/Feel-the-seaso...g/49/aid/67449

We already know it doesnt have 27 leagues. It only has 6 I think for the 360.

DJ

DJ, he's saying they've changed their mind. Oh my God, oh my God, oh my God. I'll be so so happy if that's the case.

Cowden, your links don't work though, the middle of the URLs have been replaced by dots. PLEASE PLEASE fix them.

Edit: HERE is the first fixed link. Oh happy day, more teams in the 360 version, I think I might cry. :)

Edit 2: New EA press release on FIFA 07 360. Doesn't mention any extra teams so I'm dubious of the first link, but just READ the way they explain the game works on the 360. Definitely the game I'm most excited about this year (especially seeing as they say it's harder).

Last edited:

woot this game LOOKS amazing, I hope it plays as well... 07 on the PC played a bit better so if they got rid of the weird gravito-ball then I'll be happy....

Graphics are great expect kits. Texture is really nice but meshes, colours, logos and number styles could be much better.

Now that would be awesome! 27 leagues!! woah! but thats a major jump upwards. How many leagues does Current Gen FIFA have?

DJ

We'll have to cross our fingers and pray that the story about added leagues isn't a hoax, as it says in a linked article that there's 25 leagues in the current gen so 27 would be finding 2 more?!

Anyone else think it's strange they've gone for Martin Tyler on 360 when the commentary on current gen is so good? (Andy Gray could be better though)

I found the commentary thing strange as the commentary in the current-gen version doesn't seem to be "recycled" from a previous version, so why record everything twice? But then saying that, in the interview, they say that in every European country they're focusing on they've approached the main football broadcasting companies to use their commentators for that extra-real experience, so I suppose they've just "saved" that extra something-else to make people choose the £10-more-expensive 360 version.

And now that you've found out that current gen has 25 leagues, I'm 99% sure that there's not 27 in the 360 version, the story must be a hoax. No fucking way when they've been talking about how much extra time it's taken them to 360-ize everything.

compared to the latest video, what I'm about to say is really trivial but, I'm sure some will agree, I'm really glad that the screenshots show that the players' boots actually bend when touching the surface of the grass. I hate current gen, whereby a foot will disappear into the ground.

PS. the 27 leagues thing seems outrageously far fetched, but I'm still very excited about the prospect of a decent kick about on the 360, be it from FIFA or PES.

Yep popped up on my RSS and im straight there to watch that awesome although ill reserve judgement on the shooting as didnt see much in it.

The reason i say this as the shot looked kind of weird and not like the PC or PS2 version from vids ive seen on youtube. :)

I find it very very good looking.
ball physics looks awsome. Ages ahead from the PC version that we have now.
can't w8 for the demo :D :D

Either the gameplay's not quite what they made it out to be, or the people playing the game were SHOCKINGLY AWFUL.

The way the goalkeeper saved every shot with this weird standing-bounce forward... I'm really worried now.

That demo release date is for all regions right? Hope itz none of that Euro exclusive bullshit..!!!!

EDIT: holy fuckin shit. this game looks amazing on these new movies. Im saying a big fucking NO to KONAMI until they come up with fresh game for this new gen.

Last edited:

You can tell A LOT from that video which will probably be the final buld. first thing you notice is that the players playing are bad (might be a case of a the controls now)the seconf thing is the ball physic are just as good as any we/pes game ever made. play animations are smooth smooth smooth9when dribbling and passing of course. goalkeeping looks the same(shaved shots anyway0 graphics and lighting are VERY good finally.

all in all impressive as all hell.

lets just hope the y finally have the shooting sorted cuz none of those players were attempting any shots at goal for us to see shots animate in

I think it looks pretty good.

For the first time you can see clear differences between players. I loved the way when the ball was passed to Duff you already knew it was him before checking the name at the bottom. Same goes for Martins.

The passing animation looks sweet. The only bad thing is the shooting animation. Awful, unfortunately.

I'm in shock that looked toooooooo good. Adonis what shooting animation are you refering to? I only saw 1 shot so you definitly need to see more before judging. Looks excellent and if this is the way forward for next gen footy im happy. EA who are constantly criticized to need to be applauded for this effort on first impressions a real step forward IMO. Now to watch it again.

Jack Bauer said:
The way the goalkeeper saved every shot with this weird standing-bounce forward... I'm really worried now.

If thats all you took from the clip and are truley worried by it, I fear no game is good enough for you.

I thought the gameplay video was really good, especially the ball physics. What I didn't like was the somewhat akward behaviour of the goalkeepers (also in the replays at the end).

The AI was a little strange too, look at the CPU-Controlled Defenders. We'll see in the Demo...

Back
Top Bottom