ThomasGOAL

Retired Footballer
15 March 2003
France
Re: FIFA 08 (360 & PS3)

New FIFA08 Wii screeshots

http://www.gamekult.com/articles/A0000058534/

ME0000839517_2.jpg

Looking forward to this too. Something totally different than the 360/PS3 versions and looks kinda like Kick Off 2 from back in the day :)

Mini-games look fun too, should be good for a night with the mates and some beers :)

I quite like the look of this version as well. Hope it turns out good!

http://uk.gamespot.com/wii/sports/f...clk=multimodule&tag=multimodule;picks;title;1

Gamespot said:
The irony of creating a video game centered on hand motions, which is based on a sport that focuses almost entirely on the player's feet, hasn't escaped the development team behind the game. It's a big part of the challenge for developers to make the game familiar to long-time FIFA players, as well as Wii owners who may have never played a soccer game before. Although the controls weren't finalized when we saw the game, the basic system was easy to get used to: The Nunchuk is used to control a player's body, with the analog stick used to control the direction the player moves; the Z button is used for turbo running and to put spin on the ball once it's kicked.

However, the Wii Remote is used for the other primary functions of a soccer player: passing, shooting, and the like. To pass the ball, you hold down the A button and move the Wii Remote in the direction you want to pass. Crosses or lob passes are executed with the B button and a directional gesture. To shoot, you simply gesture upward with the Wii Remote, and the quicker you move the remote up, the harder the shot. You can also twist the remote during your kick to add some spin on the ball. When on defense, the A button is used to switch players, and the B button is used for checking an offensive player or throwing a tackle. To throw a hard tackle, you hold down the A button and flick the remote in the direction of the player you're looking to bring down. A throw-in is executed just as you might expect: by making a tossing motion with both the Wii Remote and the Nunchuk (though, unlike in the real sport, you won't be penalized for leaving your feet).

Sounds great, hope it turns out as well as it could. Would be great fun.

They should invent a sensor which u can put on ur foot. That would be soemthing.

They should invent a sensor which u can put on ur foot. That would be soemthing.

From an interview I read a while ago, the lead developer said he has loads of prototype 'socks' from when they were looking into the idea of strapping the wiimote to your feet!

Would have been good, but considering the problems of 'flying remotes', would having one strapped to your feet whilst you kick around been a good idea!!!?

I like the sound of where this game is going though - should be a fun alternative to the next-gen versions.

That picture of the Ronaldinho Mii clearly proves the games can easily be upscaled to 720p. Why doesnt the Wii do this?

the biggest problem for fifa 07 for 360 in my opinion was the running animations after seeing gameplay of fifa 08 it looks awesome

That picture of the Ronaldinho Mii clearly proves the games can easily be upscaled to 720p. Why doesnt the Wii do this?

I'm fairly certain it's a performance issue, once developers have got fully to grips with the Wii hardware I'm confident we'll see some games running at 720p 60fps.

the biggest problem for fifa 07 for 360 in my opinion was the running animations after seeing gameplay of fifa 08 it looks awesome

Will they look as good on next gen systems? Fifa 07 on PS2 was good, 360 version was not

Well the people who bought a Wii and not a 360 or PS3 will see a point in it for a start...

Dad, be quiet, you're making a fool out of yourself...

Seriously though, you can't actually think that? I have a Wii, there's a few great games on it, so much so that I'm playing on that more than the 360 at the minute. I wouldn't knock something you haven't tried.

Wii isn't about graphics so why do people still make daft comments about it being the graphical equivalent of a PSP?
The Wii offers a unique gameplay experience, whilst the grahics whores have their overpriced 360's and PS3's.

Wii isn't about graphics so why do people still make daft comments about it being the graphical equivalent of a PSP?
The Wii offers a unique gameplay experience, whilst the grahics whores have their overpriced 360's and PS3's.

Yes it is not about graphics but it can do better than what we are seeing from most developers. honestly go and watch the E3 trailer and you will see why I said it looks like a PSP game.

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/21827.html

this should be looking like a Xbox/Gamecube game at least.

Last edited:
It does look disappointing on the Wii. Interesting how they've gone with a long-wise angle rather than sideline, and all the gimmicks ("do the throw yourself!!") just make it laughable. But then it's companies like Nintendo themselves who were always going to make the best out of the Wii, not EA. They just see it as another platform, not "what can this do that the others can't".

Back
Top Bottom