FIFA 08

Haha. I read it. I was drunk at the time and there was this nagging feeling that I was doing something ridiculous. Like the time I decided to give my keyboard a bath after spilling beer on it. But it did work. The toothpaste thing that is.....the keyboard in the bath really didn't have a positive outcome if I'm being honest.

Haha. I read it. I was drunk at the time and there was this nagging feeling that I was doing something ridiculous. Like the time I decided to give my keyboard a bath after spilling beer on it. But it did work. The toothpaste thing that is.....the keyboard in the bath really didn't have a positive outcome if I'm being honest.

:DD I worked at an electronics company where one of our Technical directors washed his keyboard under the tap after spilling coffee on it, needless to say it never worked again...

I opened the keyboard up and the membranes were stuck together with really sticky alcohol. I honestly thought at the time that bathing it in water and letting it dry out properly was a reasonable and obvious solution. It was actually my birthday that day and my friends came round to see my keyboard drying off on the back lawn. I got some amount of abuse for that.
Of course when I sobered up I realised that what I was attempting was utterly ridiculous. And I obviously popped off to get myself a new keyboard.

Hey..does any of you guys know if there will be a last update with all the summer transfers and Hull, Stoke and West Brom promoted?
If u know, please post here.

I am having problems getting the 5v5 working properly online. Anyone else experiencing this problem on 360? I go to quick match, and it just wont load into the game, I can hear voices but it never loads.

Got a bit of a problem here. I was in manager mode and came out of it and it loaded the default squads, as it annoyingly does. But then I went to load mine, did so and now somehow my saved squads file is the default one.

I spent hours updating all the transfers, kit numbers and even little things like boots and everything so I'm really pissed off.

What's happened and how can I get it back?

Been mentioned in here before. Unfortunately, the way FIFA 08 loads and saves squads isn't the most user-friendly, and it's very easy to overwrite your squads file. The same has happened to at least three people in this thread (including myself). Once it's gone it's gone.

Yeah I was about to say I wasn't a fan of the whole profiles/squads thing as it causes these kinds of problems.

Pretty pissed off but at least I'm not alone.

Hey..does any of you guys know if there will be a last update with all the summer transfers and Hull, Stoke and West Brom promoted?
If u know, please post here.

in all fifa games transfers are up to 23/8 meaning all transfers until yesterday.

Think you're been sniffing too much of Maldini's conditioner ;)

I donot know what else he puts on that full head of hair :((:-pp

but seriously it is a statement that appears on the start of every fifa game or atleast fifa08 that all tranfers are done up to 23/8/....

Last edited:
I am enjoying FIFA 08 again now, I went off it for a while but I just started playing it and love it again.

Just had 2 games, in the first, I scored one of the best goals I have scored on any football game, not because it was a stunning volley or a brilliant long range goal, but because of the MANUAL pass that set it up :)). I was Spurs, he was Liverpool, and I noticed Berbatov making a run between the two centre backs while I had the ball near the half way line with Malbranque and I played an inch perfect long ball right to the chest of Berbatov, just over the defender's head, then I stroked it past the keeper :DD.

Looked Beckham-esque, and it just felt awesome because I knew that it was me who played that pass with no AI interference :)).

The second game, Coventry v Bristol City, I ended up winning 1-0 with a goal in extra time but it was a great game with both of us playing good football and he didn't use any exploits, try cutbacks or anything. Completely fair.

He then sent me a voice message after the game saying good game, well played and that I deserved the win and he hopped that we could play again some time. You don't meet many people like that in online gaming any more :((.

I hate it when i'm paying online and want to be a small club like Scunthorpe or something else in the Championship, the other guy always choose Barca, Man Utd, Brazil, or something like that. :(
And also, what i'm really getting sick of is that when i'm winning the other guy always quits. :(

Oh, i almost forgot..I have a problem in online gaming i think. Always when i try to create a game for me and my mate, I choose ranked or unranked match and when i press X there is that same window as in Be a Pro online. I can choose what teams play and the thing where you press ready and then i have to choose what man i will play..so the match is set up like a Be a pro game :( Can anyone help?

Last edited:
I am enjoying FIFA 08 again now, I went off it for a while but I just started playing it and love it again.

Just had 2 games, in the first, I scored one of the best goals I have scored on any football game, not because it was a stunning volley or a brilliant long range goal, but because of the MANUAL pass that set it up :)). I was Spurs, he was Liverpool, and I noticed Berbatov making a run between the two centre backs while I had the ball near the half way line with Malbranque and I played an inch perfect long ball right to the chest of Berbatov, just over the defender's head, then I stroked it past the keeper :DD.

Looked Beckham-esque, and it just felt awesome because I knew that it was me who played that pass with no AI interference :)).

The second game, Coventry v Bristol City, I ended up winning 1-0 with a goal in extra time but it was a great game with both of us playing good football and he didn't use any exploits, try cutbacks or anything. Completely fair.

He then sent me a voice message after the game saying good game, well played and that I deserved the win and he hopped that we could play again some time. You don't meet many people like that in online gaming any more :((.

Thats the thing about manual that makes it so good

when you pick out the perfect pass its all you and its so much more satisfying

I just tried playing with everything on manual and i kinda liked it. Of course it was a huge change from the automatic but it didn't took so long time getting used to it. But i don't think i'm ready to play with it online. I'm still playing on Semi-pro with the manuals.;) Oh, and one more thing about the manual is that it makes the game so realistic. or am i the only one who feels the game gets a bit more realistic with the manual on?

It's definitely far more realistic to play on all manual (semi shooting is allowed cos it's bloody hard on manual!), TBH I would struggle to find any inclination to go back to a football game that didn't allow all manual passing.

Oh..i was wondering if i was the only one having problem with tho shoots. For exam, i missed a shot with open goal, and i missed lot's of chances one against the keeper.

Back
Top Bottom