FIFA 08

I think I speak for everyone here when I say - it's because you are shit ;)).

You need to practice with it, you're not just gonna be perfect after playing one game.

A bad workman always blames his tools :-pp.

As Tim said you will be shit at it when you first start, everyone would have been shit at it the first few times.

I'm not sure if my shooting is on semi or manual, I'll have to check tonight.
My shooting was on semi. I have now switched it to manual, so I am now on FULLY manual controls. The feeling is insanely good! Because I know if I play a bad pass or cross, it was my fault, and vice versa, if I play a lovely through ball or score a lovely goal from a shot, I know it was all me that did it :)).

Just played my first match on full manual, it was online:

Bayern Munich 1-2 WERDER BREMEN

Came from a goal down to win! Silly offside trap by me allowed him to get behind my defence and he duly punished me. Was 1-0 down at the break and then straight from kick off in the second half I went on a mazy run, jinked round a few defenders then scored a goal that would not be possible on semi or auto shooting - an absolute peach of a shot, into the top corner over the goalie's head, perfect :)). The winner came from a lovely run down the wing, and then an inch perfect manual cross straight onto my striker's head, and a lovely manual header into the far corner over the goalie. Absolutely superb :)).

Nice :)). You gotta love scoring a goal because of a fantastic manual pass/shot. Much better feeling than scoring any goal with assisted controls.

I just tried manual shooting after reading your post, and they seem to be struck much more cleanly a lot of the time but I am very inaccurate with them - I will most likely switch back to semi for the 5v5s tonight and then persevere with manual shooting until I finally get used to it :)).

Persist with it mate! Manual shooting is superb, you can do things that aren't possible on semi or auto. I was Newcastle earlier and had a shot with Smith that normally would have just gone to the goalie, but with manual and me aiming it, it actually hit the post! Looked awesome :)).

Another thing is shooting from tight angles, you can score goals such as the Ryan Giggs FA Cup Semi Final goal against Arsenal at Villa Park. I can't wait to score one!

:DD

I just had a few games with manual controls against Stu (he was using manual too). We had shooting on semi though.

It really was fun, and less passes seem to be intercepted than on assisted or semi funnily enough, I expected it to be the other way round, the cursor seems to switch a bit later to the player who tries to intercept it, meaning it happens less, more realistic I think. Hopefully the keepers react a bit more realistically too when using manual shooting - getting really fed up of only being able to score in the near corner!

I am going to keep the controls on manual now, even against the assisted whores online. Much more satisfying putting a good move together. I get more fun out of playing some really nice football and losing than I would if I just cutbacked with everything on assisted and beat everyone - not many people are probably like that though.

Manual crossing is pretty good too, you can whip them in lower, in front of the striker as well as lofting it to their head. It would be better though if the strikers would throw themselves at the ball instead of only attempting to hit it when it is in their "range" I hope that is fixed for 09.
I scored a couple of headers, I used X for one, and A for the other, the normal headers with the shot button rarely go on target so I have started using other buttons for them, and it seems to be working a bit.

Last edited by a moderator:
You were playing FIFA at 4am?! :SS

That's dedication :applaud:.

I'll be up for some games against Rob and Stuart with fully manual :)).

Actually, fuck using manual controls against randomers, it's just demoralising having to work hard to put a few passes together then just to watch them string about 10 together with no effort whatsoever. Back to semi for passing and crossing for me.

I will use manual against others who use it, but not against random twats.

Nah, full manual online against randoms is even sweeter when you beat the cunts :)). I am definately sticking with fully manual.

I started playing with everything on manual last night and lost 5 times but only by the odd goal. I will be sticking with it as I am sure that with time I will pull it all together

Been playing on All Manual for this morning. First time I have done everything on manual at the same time.

It is really hard but makes the game so enjoyable. Because the passing isn't so direct to the player - you can do some lovely passing moves as the ball is played into space more often.

The only thing is shooting - more often than not I miss the target - which is poo pants.

But I am going to stick with it and hopefully get better.

I do really think though if someone masters it - then they will be a great player at it.

It is much more fun and demands you think about every pass.

Shooting is bloody hard on manual

1 on 1s inside the box aint so bad its the ones further out i cant master, if i got goals for hitting the corner flag i would be unbeatable

Dunno if anyone can help me here.. looking for a player to transfer: Aarón Ñíguez Esclapez.

I have the latest squad update and have dabbled with transfers myself, but can't find him in a sense. When I search by name I get nothing unless I type in 'Esclapez' which brings up a name: '-109113AARON' whom is a GK, has stats of 0 and playes for '*TEAMNAME_ABBR15_-1'.. however when I load my default squads I find him just fine. Anyone got a clue what the hell's happened?

Well, I recently moved on to next-gen and got myself a 360... and the first games I picked up were FIFA 08 and Pro Evo. Let me start by saying that I've been a seasoned veteran in WE/PES series (since WE3) and played the last few fifas, though they've been in the past gen (PS2, PC, etc).

I could definitely notice the difference with the next-gen FIFA and I am all around impressed for the most part. The degree of manual control in FIFA is such a welcoming change from the WE series at times (which runs very scriped here and there as you all know). However, I'm still getting used to playing FIFA and finding it very hard to score in this version. Well, one reason is the controller that I am not used to (damn hard to get used to, actually, since I've always used D-pad for all former footie games), but another thing is the camera angle. I started by using the Dynamic Camera view since I usually like the action up close, but then I found that the game speed on this camera is unbearingly fast and I found myself getting shut out again and again. Defending wasn't much of a problem, but I couldn't score for beans. Defense was extremely disciplined and I got frustrated as hell. Fed up, I changed to the Tele cam which is default, and I IMMEDIATELY found my game improving by miles. 0-0 games were thing of the past, and now I am winning 2-0, 3-0 consistently on World Class. It must be because of the amount of the pitch you see on the field, but my passing game improved tremendously and I felt more comfortable. However, I feel that this view is simply too far and it would have been cool if there had been some camera in between Tele and Dynamic... kinda like wide cam in WE.

Anyways, what camera do most people tend to play with here, and do you also find it harder to get used to Dynamic also? Hopefully EA will fix this issue come 09, but otherwise I've been having a blast.

As far as I know you will be able to customize the camera zoom and angle a bit in 09.

Personally I always play Tele cam, even when playing BAP. In Euro 08 I pretty much only play CYC so I play on Coop Camera which is pretty good, it's like tele but give more view on midfield.

Back
Top Bottom