FIFA 09 Xbox 360 Evo-Web Championship League - DRAW, DISCUSSION AND RESULTS

Chris Davies

Chief PESsimist
Staff
14 May 2003
UK
Tranmere Rovers
fifaleaguefm2.png

For the mods; I know it's two seperate threads for FIFA leagues and this'll probably look greedy, but I've had a chat with Bobby and he says it'll be much easier for him to enter results if we have a seperate thread for each of the two leagues. If this is no good please let me know, I'm only trying to do what's right for a guy who puts a lot of work into this. Cheers! :D

Championship League draw

YOU HAVE 24 HOURS TO ORGANISE SWAPS WITH EACHOTHER IF YOU WISH!

The draw follows. There's 24 Championship teams but there's not that many reserves yet, so the teams in positions where there's no player currently have been left out, awaiting more signups, who will be randomly assigned a team when they join.

Barnsley: -
Birmingham City: final lap
Blackpool: -
Bristol City: Reptar, King of the Ozone
Burnley: aitk3n
Cardiff City: matt1288
Charlton Athletic: CW
Coventry City: Dazfeeder
Crystal Palace: Treetopp
Derby County: jaygrim
Doncaster Rovers: -
Ipswich Town: M0nkeyChief97
Norwich City: DENIS77
Nottingham Forest: gomito#10
Plymouth Argyle: -
Preston North End: Vindal00
Queens Park Rangers: Riboflavin
Reading: -
Sheffield United: robablade
Sheffield Wednesday: vglntv95
Southampton: MoTaZ
Swansea City: Qwerty Norris
Watford: pepper63
Wolverhampton Wanderers: Holio

FULL RULES & REGULATIONS:
THE BASIC RULES:
One full season is two in-game seasons consisting of playing each team once. You must play at least seven games per week (this means one season will take one whole month exactly). Your games-played total will be checked at around 6pm every Friday. If you cannot stick to this for any reason, people not accepting invites or going on holiday etc., you must report it in this thread. ALL RESULTS must be recorded by you and your opponent, and entered into this thread. Each result only needs to be posted once but feel free to include a match report if you like.

When someone drops out of the league, a reserve player will take over that team, and inherits all previous results for that team (any games they play that have already happened that season are null and void). If there are no reserve players the team will stay managerless, and if there are no replacements by the end of the season then that team will be removed from the league. Disconnect matches can be replayed as an unranked match, as long as both players agree to it. Otherwise, the result can stand as it was before the disconnection, or just one half can be replayed - whatever the two of you agree on.

ADVANCED RULES:
WARNING SYSTEM: A warning will be given for the following offences; 1) not playing the required amount of games per week, 2) quitting during a match [outside of lagging rules, see below], 3) lagging [see below], 4) having three league members state in the forums that they have experienced bad lag against you, whether this has resulted in a warning already or not* [see below]. Once you have accumulated three warnings you are banned from the league. THE SAME RULES APPLY TO EVERYONE, SO PLEASE DO NOT COMPLAIN IF YOU BREAK THE RULES!

LAGGING: If you are playing in a game that is so laggy you feel you cannot continue, you must (I repeat, and please read this carefully, YOU MUST) quit the match within the FIRST FIFTEEN MINUTES - regardless of the score at that point. The result is then null and void. If you quit after fifteen minutes, accidentally or otherwise, this will go down as quitting and you will automatically be given a 3-0 loss and a warning. This is to prevent abuse of the system. Also, quitting in the first five minutes can only be done a maximum of twice per fixture, again to prevent abuse. You must contact your opponent and tell them about the problem, so that you can both work towards a solution and then you can replay the match either on that day or at a later date. If the lag cannot be fixed then ONE WARNING will be given to the lagger.**

*The reason for this is that it is not fun to play a lagger, whether the problem is fixed after replaying the match or not, and if the offender is persistenly lagging without being able to find a PERMANENT FIX, it is incredibly frustrating for all involved. If you cannot fix it, it is not our problem.

**The "lagger" is the person not experiencing the lag whilst the other person is (purposefully or otherwise, it DOES NOT MATTER if it is their fault or not as it effects everybody else), and they will receive the warning. If both people are experiencing the lag then it could be a server issue or both players' NAT being "moderate" or "strict" - for more information on this and how to resolve it, please CLICK HERE.

PROMOTION AND RELEGATION RULES & REGULATIONS:
Three players (NOT TEAMS) will be relegated from the Premier League into the Championship, and three players (NOT TEAMS) will be promoted from the Championship into the Premier League. There will be a new draw at the start of each season to decide who will manage who.

The top two of the Championship will be promoted, with 3rd-6th placed teams entering a playoff. Two legs will be played, with a final at Wembley. Whether this happens automatically when the "playoff" option is enabled within Online Leagues I don't know, but we'll find that out along the way!

Last edited:
  • Staff
so would i be ok for this even though im unable to play for 2-3 weeks tops?
It should only be a week or so to get your 360 back surely? My nephew's had his fixed and they sent it back in exactly one week.

i'm not totally satisfied with my team but in fairness, i have sme champion players. ade akinbiyi for top scorer!

EDIT: bad man! got chris eagles in my team. prepared to be ripped a new belly button lads :)

Last edited:
It should only be a week or so to get your 360 back surely? My nephew's had his fixed and they sent it back in exactly one week.

heres one here hoping so mate. the guy which i was speaking to on phone was saying 2-3 weeks on the phone so i only presumed that from it.

• Staff
M0nkeyChief97 has been placed into the Championship league after signing up, and has been randomly assigned the following team (using RANDOM.ORG to pick a random number and then cross-referencing that number with the alphabetical order of teams above): NUMBER 17 Queens Park Rangers

Nice the QPR. There is only one reaction to that I AM RICH !!!!!

What's the deal here do we need to add each others Gamertags

I've had a word with AFUTURE RESERVE, he's willing to take Nottingham Forest of my hands and give me Wolves............

Nice the QPR. There is only one reaction to that I AM RICH !!!!!

What's the deal here do we need to add each others Gamertags
No, you just switch FIFA on and go to Xbox Live > Online Game Modes > Online Leagues. In there you search for the league by typing in the abbreviation (which will be EWC), then you type in the password, select your team and everything can then be done via that online league screen.

I'll set the league up and give out the password tomorrow, once everyone has had 24 hours to swap teams if they want to.

I've had a word with AFUTURE RESERVE, he's willing to take Nottingham Forest of my hands and give me Wolves............
:CW:

No, you just switch FIFA on and go to Xbox Live > Online Game Modes > Online Leagues. In there you search for the league by typing in the abbreviation (which will be EWC), then you type in the password, select your team and everything can then be done via that online league screen.

If i still send Invites will everyone Accept so maybe if the Servers go to crap then maybe we can just arrange one via without going on Evo Web

Can I be Charlton? I can't bring myself to play with Palace

If i still send Invites will everyone Accept so maybe if the Servers go to crap then maybe we can just arrange one via without going on Evo Web
If you send invites VIA THE ONLINE LEAGUE MENU then that's fine, but don't send invites via ranked/unranked matches or else it won't show up in the league and there's no evidence of you playing, or the result.

Remember you have to report every result in here as well so that Bobby (our resident scoreboard updater) can put your results into the league table, when the Championship one is up and running.

If you play and the servers go funny mid-game, that's when you play an unranked match with someone, and then report the new result in here.

All the rules are in the first post of this thread, just click the spoilers to see them all. It's important that you read them so that you know about the lagging rules etc...

Can I be Charlton? I can't bring myself to play with Palace
Can i swap and have Watford

Well, I wasn't going to allow swapping with the teams that haven't come out for people in the draw - but three of you have asked this now so... Go on then, we might not have any more reserves. It's first come first served then if you want one of the "blank" teams lads.

Coopz should I trade Ipswich for QPR? I would really like to have the game first to look at the teams before I have to make this decision.
Ipswich 2.5 stars
STAR PLAYERS: 1) R. Wright (GK 72 rating), M. Volz (RB 71 rating), J. Walters (RM 71 rating), P. Counago (ST 70 rating)

QPR 2.5 stars
STAR PLAYER: 1) R. Cerny (GK 72 rating), A. Buzsaky (RM 72 rating), F. Hall (CB 71 rating), P. Agyemang (ST, 70 rating)

Both play the exact same 4-4-2 system by default with advanced wingers. They're very similar sides.

EDIT: Never mind, you want Reading. Done! :LOL:

Coopz should I trade Ipswich for QPR? I would really like to have the game first to look at the teams before I have to make this decision.

There pretty even i would think mate

edit: i didnt see chris's reply

Last edited:
yeah but i have faith in the clarets, some surprises perhaps :). surprised no one took nothingham forest, especially with big bad cole upfront XD

Back
Top Bottom