FIFA 09 Xbox 360 Evo-Web League - RULES POLL

Select ONE OPTION from each category ONLY...

• [TEAMS] French Ligue 1

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • [TEAMS] French Ligue 2

• [TEAMS] German Bundesliga

• [TEAMS] German Bundesliga 2

• [TEAMS] Italian Serie A

• [TEAMS] Italian Serie B

• [TEAMS] Spanish Segunda División

• [TEAMS] European clubs only

• [TEAMS] National squads

• [TEAM STAR LEVEL] 4.5 to 5 star only

• [MATCH LENGTH] 4 minutes

• [MATCH LENGTH] 7 minutes

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris Davies

Chief PESsimist
Staff
14 May 2003
UK
Tranmere Rovers
Right, we've got 20 players now, so we'll have to decide on a few things. But I want to get started as quickly as possible (we want to try and get a season done in time - or as close as possible - for when the guys around the rest of the world get it). So the poll might not be open for that long.

I've tried to include absolutely every option to please everybody, but please post in here if there's an option missing you would have voted for. Here are your questions:

1) Teams to be used
The teams that must be used

2) Team selection method
Random selection (you're assigned a team randomly and have no choice to make), draft selection (players are drawn out of a hat with the first player choosing a team first, the second player choosing second etc.), first come first served (the first person to select their team in a new team selection thread get that team ahead of everyone else)

3) Team star level
3 star maximum, 4 star maximum, 4.5 to 5 star only, 5 star maximum (i.e. no limit)

4) Unique rosters
NO (all teams have the same overall rating and generic players from what I understand), YES (every team has their real overall rating and real players)

5) Match length
4 minutes, 5 minutes, 6 minutes, 7 minutes

6) Games limit
NO (meaning you can play the same person twice in quick succession, remembering not to play a third game), YES (meaning you can only play each team once and there is no possibility of accidentally playing a second or third game, but if an individual holds the league up they will have to be booted)

7) Playoffs
NO (no playoffs), YES (playoffs - not sure what this setting would do, you can't choose which teams are in the playoffs so it may only be the top two sides, it may be the top four sides, it may be the 3rd-6th placed sides)

I would recommend doing an EPL, random selection (so we can start now), 5 star maximum (i.e. no limit), unique rosters yes (the real stats), match length 5 minutes, games limit yes (just because it's more realistic not to play the same team twice all the time), and playoffs no (the EPL has no playoffs).

Last edited:
I've gone for the following..

[TEAMS] English Premier League
[TEAM SELECTION METHOD] Draft
[TEAM STAR LEVEL] 5 star maximum
[UNIQUE ROSTERS] Yes
[MATCH LENGTH] 5 minutes
[GAMES LIMIT] Yes
[PLAYOFFS] No

Last edited:
  • Staff
Just to confirm, it is really confusing...

Unique rosters NO means every team is given GENERIC STATS (and possibly generic players).

Unique rosters YES means that the teams are as they should be.

My choice:

[TEAMS] English Premier League

[TEAM SELECTION METHOD] Draft

[UNIQUE ROSTERS] Yes

[MATCH LENGTH] 5 minutes

GAMES LIMIT] Yes

[PLAYOFFS] No

My choice:

[TEAMS] Coca Cola Championship

[TEAM SELECTION METHOD] Random

[UNIQUE ROSTERS] Yes

[MATCH LENGTH] 5 minutes

GAMES LIMIT] No

[PLAYOFFS] Yes

Not sure what the playoffs will be, anyhow, I voted for the Coca Cola, cause it gets 24 teams up and running, and random so everyone gets underway!

My choices.....

[TEAMS] Premier League

[TEAM SELECTION METHOD] Random

[UNIQUE ROSTERS] Yes

[MATCH LENGTH] 5 minutes

GAMES LIMIT] No

[PLAYOFFS] No

• Staff
EPL is currently winning 8-1-1-1, so it'll be an EPL.

Team selection is random 6-4 draft, so I'll let that run a tiny bit longer (until there's a difference of 3 at least).

No star limit is winning 10-0, so there won't be a limit.

Unique rosters is winning 9-2 so each team will have their real attributes.

Match length is 5 minutes 10-1 6 minutes, so matches will be five minute halves.

Games limit is winning 8-3 so that means we'll only be able to play each team once (until the "second season", which will actually be the second half of the season, starts).

Playoffs are losing 7-4 so I think that's close enough to say no playoffs (only because I have no idea what it does and I think it's best to steer clear of this anyway).

EPL is currently winning 8-1-1-1, so it'll be an EPL.

Team selection is random 6-4 draft, so I'll let that run a tiny bit longer (until there's a difference of 3 at least).

No star limit is winning 10-0, so there won't be a limit.

Unique rosters is winning 9-2 so each team will have their real attributes.

Match length is 5 minutes 10-1 6 minutes, so matches will be five minute halves.

Games limit is winning 8-3 so that means we'll only be able to play each team once (until the "second season", which will actually be the second half of the season, starts).

Playoffs are losing 7-4 so I think that's close enough to say no playoffs (only because I have no idea what it does and I think it's best to steer clear of this anyway).

Just go with Random and lets get this show on the road!!!! - I will sort out a thing on League Republic once the draw has been done.......unless somebody else wants to do it :PP

Last edited:
Its close between random teams or a draft

i guess my vote for Worldwide teams was wasted :LOL:

Its close between random teams or a draft

i guess my vote for Worldwide teams was wasted :LOL:

Draft takes ages though - We have to do the draft and then it takes half a century for people to choose their teams.

I guess it will take longer aswell - there are alot of new people to the leagues, usually means a bit more problems.

If we do it Random - It is done there and then. Thats it - Kaboom!!! done!!!

I don't like random because if I get Bolton Wanderers (anyone but them, Tranmere fans hate them), I will lose a lot of interest. Hence why I've always been against it before, if you got Tottenham Bob I'm sure you wouldn't be looking forward to it.

Saying that, the whole draft thing does take an age and we're all gagging to start. :((

Perhaps next time we do a signup process I could state the teams in use beforehand and say "choose 1/2/3 team(s) you do not want to be", that way we could randomly assign teams and the guys who get someone they hate could be swapped with someone who doesn't hate them. Or something, I don't know, just rambling.

I will sort out a thing on League Republic once the draw has been done.......unless somebody else wants to do it :PP
That would be brilliant Bobby. :))

EDIT: Random/draft is now 7-6!

:OOOH:

Last edited:
I don't like random because if I get Bolton Wanderers (anyone but them, Tranmere fans hate them), I will lose a lot of interest. Hence why I've always been against it before, if you got Tottenham Bob I'm sure you wouldn't be looking forward to it.

Saying that, the whole draft thing does take an age and we're all gagging to start. :((

Perhaps next time we do a signup process I could state the teams in use beforehand and say "choose 1/2/3 team(s) you do not want to be", that way we could randomly assign teams and the guys who get someone they hate could be swapped with someone who doesn't hate them. Or something, I don't know, just rambling.

That would be brilliant Bobby. :))

EDIT: Random/draft is now 7-6!

:OOOH:

Thats true - I do prefer the draft system. Its just I know how long it can take.

I thought we could just do the random this league and then start doing the draft next time.

I'm sure we will have quite a few drop outs and people not fulfilling their quota of games - so it will wittle it down again to people who will be reliable.

Therefore the Draft process wouldn't take so long.

Just my thoughts - but let the poll decide!!! its getting closer :DD

How unlucky would I be to get Spurs?!! - but knowing my luck I would :((

fuck swaps

like it or lump it thats the idea of it being random

if you swap your getting a team you want

fuck swaps

like it or lump it thats the idea of it being random

if you swap your getting a team you want

Not really - If I got Spurs, I would swap them for anything. Hull, West brom etc etc

ANYTHING BUT SPURS!!!!!

The same with Chelsea and Man U really aswell - I would swap them if I could. But definately if I got Spurs!!!

How often does anyone agree to a swap? It's usually someone wanting to get rid of a really shite team and the only person who agrees to it is someone who supports them, or someone with a really good team who feels like they're cheating if they use them (smug bastards :(( - joke). Like Bob says if he got Spurs he'd want to swap badly, same here if I got Bolton. So I think it's alright.

We'll see where the random/draft vote is at midnight tonight and then we'll go from there. I'll do a draw (probably not recorded, I'll look for a site that randomises list and lets you verify it somehow so you know I'm not diddling you), and then give 24 hours for people to contact eachother and change if they want. If random wins.

Precisely because it's a game, none of us have grown up yet and I refuse to be Bolton Wanderers. They smell like Big Sam's poo-poo and my dad is bigger than his dad.

Random 7-7 Draft, dun dun dunnn...

Last edited:
Right, I said I'd come in and see where we were at midnight on the whole random/draft thing - I'm a bit late but better late than never. ;)

Currently it's random 9-7 draft, so random wins. All the rules have been decided now, all that's left is the draw and the league details.

I'll make a new thread for it now - sorry to clog the forum up admin/mod people but it gets confusing otherwise. Feel free to close this one now everything is finalised. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom