FIFA 09 Xbox 360 Evo-Web Premier League - DRAW, DISCUSSION AND RESULTS

Cheers Coopz, I appreciate that, if anyone else is enjoying 10v10 more I'd recommend you do the same so we can get this thing moving. :)

We'll not replace Coopz for the moment, this is the first season and there will be more dropouts, so we'll just put remaining results to Coopz down as losses. (EDIT: Same goes for 2Fast_2Furious and possibly cb7 who have had a visit from RRODney) Next season we'll know who the regular players are and who needs to go, and everything will be a lot easier at that point.

As long as I don't get RROD; I can see it coming.

Last edited:
Re: FIFA 09 Xbox 360 Evo-Web League - DRAW, DISCUSSION AND RESULTS

LEAGUE UPDATE

We've all played a decent amount of games now, and if you exclude the guys who are out (see my above post) there's not many games left for the first half of the season. Morto has only played two games though, if we don't get a reason why he's going to have to go.

Before I play more league games, I want an answer on how I should approach each game:

A) Be a cunt, go for the win at all costs and go all assisted. Then while in the match go for the cheap goals and exploits.

B) Be fair, don't use anything on assisted - have passing and shooting on semi and the rest on manual and play proper football.

So is it A or B?
I'm really in the dark as to what I should do, because i've come up against player type A and B (mostly A), but I don't want to be using assisted against someone who's on semi/manual, I would feel guilty and it would make the result completely unrepresentative of each player's skill.

I don't know what type of league this is, it hasn't really been mentioned.

You and CB have both mentioned exploits am i missing something here because i aint seen nothing un-towards in 09

Rob, it's a league for everyone, I don't think it's fair to force people either way. My dad's over 60, he's not playing on anything less than assisted. Other people find it very difficult and have to use assisted controls to get a point. I think you can use assisted controls without being a "cheat".

Other people, yes, abuse it and don't know how to play football from what I can see - I've played two people so far who have just literally hammered the pass button from start to finish, without even pressing a direction half of the time - but it's a fun league, not a deadly serious league. I'd hate it to turn into that, and I think you're wrong when you say it's "mostly [assisted players]".

My advice would be to keep the controls on what you want to play on, but adopt a different strategy when you play the guys who just hammer the pass button. I know that when I play those guys I will just try to keep the ball for 90 minutes.

people find it very difficult and have to use assisted controls to get a point.
I find it very hard ON assisted passing, for example. Take away the freedom that manual passing gives me and I would struggle. Being able to play the ball ahead of the player, behind the player, literally wherever I want to play it, is just awesome :)). These assisted mugs are missing out big time.

Before I play more league games, I want an answer on how I should approach each game:

A) Be a cunt, go for the win at all costs and go all assisted. Then while in the match go for the cheap goals and exploits.

B) Be fair, don't use anything on assisted - have passing and shooting on semi and the rest on manual and play proper football.

So is it A or B?
I'm really in the dark as to what I should do, because i've come up against player type A and B (mostly A), but I don't want to be using assisted against someone who's on semi/manual, I would feel guilty and it would make the result completely unrepresentative of each player's skill.

I don't know what type of league this is, it hasn't really been mentioned.

Stick with Semi and manual matey.

JayD is top of the league and he uses Manual - Semi.

I am second - (but I know that wont last long :-) as I have played a few more games than most.) But I use Semi and Manual.

But I do understand how frustrating it is.

I was getting beaten 2-0 online the other day by somebody that was on all assisted. Then at half time I jsut put my shooting to assisted and I then won the game 3-2. It is ridiculous how much easier it is to score on assisted. I would say my one on ones with semi shooting are about 40% accurate but on Assisted I reckon it goes up to 95%.

Because I hadn't played on assisted for so long - it was a big shock!

Anyway - it would be great if all people were on Manual/semi - but I don't think that is goin to happen.

The best games I have had, are easily the unranked games with people on here that I know that play Semi and Manual.

Yeah semi shooting is actually awesome. When I first played the game and went straight on semi, I found it extremely hard to control my shots, as the shooting on FIFA09 has had a complete overhaul from 08, so going back to assisted for the first 3 weeks let me get used to it and now I've gone back to semi, it really is awesome :)). So much more realistic and you have to think a bit more about your aiming and shooting.

Yeah semi shooting is actually awesome. When I first played the game and went straight on semi, I found it extremely hard to control my shots, as the shooting on FIFA09 has had a complete overhaul from 08, so going back to assisted for the first 3 weeks let me get used to it and now I've gone back to semi, it really is awesome :)). So much more realistic and you have to think a bit more about your aiming and shooting.

Feel some Déjà vu here

My new TV should arrive tomorrow so will be online tomorrow evening and also over the weekend so hopefully can play a lot of my games.

If I am online and playing Fable II or any other game then just message me and i'll come onto FIFA.

I'll be online most of Sunday so anyone who needs to play me please come online and either invite me, or I'll invite you! Thanks.

I can see this slowing to a crawl with the amount of great games out over the next few weeks, even I have to admit I've been playing Far Cry 2 for the last few days non-stop and I haven't even opened Fable II and Fallout 3 yet which is insane.

I'll make the weekends "FIFA time" and hammer it as much as possible. But like I say, I can see people dropping out. I'm about to remove the current dropouts from the league in-game so I can see how many people I have left to play over the first half of the season, watch this post for an edit...

EDIT: Coopz and 2Fast_2Furious have been removed (quit/RROD respectively), also cb7 (who's still waiting for a replacement 360) and Morto who's only played three games in three weeks. That leaves me with just one person to play (so I'm doing alright after all); Dutfish. Get in touch with me so we can play the game ASAP please. :)

Next season we'll be splitting the league into smaller numbers and using all teams. That way we'll get the games done a lot quicker and there'll be some nice variation as well. I've still only ever seen the English scoreboard!

Last edited:
The German & Italian scoreboard are my favourites!

Every time I go on there's nobody on to play who I haven't already. There are certain people in the league list that I have never seen on so I don;t know what the score is there?!?

And from earlier in the week

Liverpool 1 - 0 Chelsea

Jumbo Liverpool 0-2 Middlesbrough Tim

Liverpool0-2Boro.jpg

Good game mate, that over head kick Torres had at 1-0 could have made a huge difference! Luckily for it me it went just wide and I held out to score a late 2nd and make it more comfortable. Well played :)).

Last edited:
Bitter Rivals Fulham 2-0 Middlesbrough Tim

Fulham2-0Boro.jpg

Tough game, limited to shots from about 18 yards, didn't really have a clear chance. Johnson bagged a double for Fulham, the first from an almost impossible angle, beating the keeper at the near post, and the second smashing in a rebound from the goalkeeper who could only parry a previous shot.

Well played mate.

I'll have the Xbox on for pretty much the rest of today I think. If anyone wants a game just send me a message or an invite or whatever.

Oh, and If you guys ever see me online playing Rock Band or Fable or something, just send me a message and I'll come play a game like. I'm always up for some FIFA.

Bitter Rivals Fulham 2-0 Middlesbrough Tim

Tough game, limited to shots from about 18 yards, didn't really have a clear chance. Johnson bagged a double for Fulham, the first from an almost impossible angle, beating the keeper at the near post, and the second smashing in a rebound from the goalkeeper who could only parry a previous shot.

Well played mate.

cheers mate good game

I'll have the Xbox on for pretty much the rest of today I think. If anyone wants a game just send me a message or an invite or whatever.

Oh, and If you guys ever see me online playing Rock Band or Fable or something, just send me a message and I'll come play a game like. I'm always up for some FIFA.
Damn it, sorry I didn't catch you. I'll be on Tuesday night.

Jamesy Hull 1-1 Middlesbrough Tim

Good game mate, very even! Beside the goals we had chances. Yourself hitting a pearler from 20 yards off the upright, and then me forcing a great save from your goalie when Alves was clean through.

Well played mate, good game :)).

fulham 3 - 1 chelsea

he was doing well until i noticed his keeper was out of his goal every so often, i actually was lmao at one point as it was like seeing a ghost, just don't expect to see him in a defensive role lol

anyway i was 3-0 up and thought it was fair to dribble my keeper a bit which he tackled and scored

Back
Top Bottom