FIFA 10 360/PS3 Demo Feedback + Videos

Problem with Pro is that it is so easy to take the ball from the CPU. And if they actually manage to get deep in your half they never take good shots anyway. I think the CPU still defend pretty well on Pro level though so it's not as easy to score as it is to defend against it.

Just ease into it instead of going fully manual, short pass, long pass, thru balls manual, crosses + shooting semi, for example :)

excellent advice Placebo,it's more or less what I've been doing on 09 and once I managed to make the jump for full manual I never tried to go back.

Yesterday I played a little with Chelsea and found Lampard to be an absolutely key player, creating and finishing the plays. He's so good at volleying... I did a couple nice finishers with him in only 4 or 5 matches.

I recorded some videos yesterday to share with you some details I like, hope you like them too.

LAMPARD VOLLEY #1
YouTube - 741A0001 4 FLV VIDEO Gdp

Lampard starts and finishes the play with a great volley. Here are some detailed replays to enjoy.

Animation of defenders an overall look in close-close-up in Fifa is astonishing. How can anyone call this "soulless"?
YouTube - cole volley2

Even more close-up:
YouTube - cole volley

And finally this one only to show how defenders watch Lampard going to cellebrate. The fustration and head movement of defenders are impressive. There's a strange clipping in the Pruse (player #7) legs by the way.
YouTube - cole detail

LAMPARD VOLLEY #2
This one is a great example of having the right animation for the right moment and how ball physics and the animation egine blend to show very realistic instances that other games fall short to show. Here the normal view in the game. It doesn't seem THAT exciting, right?

YouTube - 741A0001 0 FLV VIDEO wUh

Now take a close look at what happens there, it's extremely satisfying. The perfect animation for the perfect strike and the perfect defender and goalkeeper moves.

YouTube - cole revolley 2

A closer look, only because it is pure cinema in my opinion!

YouTube - cole revolley

GOALKEEPER PENALTY TO IBRA

Nothing special here, only to show something that happens to me now and then when trying to ronud the keeper. A penalty is awarded and a yellow card. So, no one has had the keeper sent out? Should be possible if they are carded isn't it?

YouTube - ibra

Stuck the demo on intermediate level last night as i wanted to practice the :r2::l2: skilled dribble. I used Barca/Messi and i must say i improved a lot. Executed rightly you can really skin the full backs and pull away from them. Before i thought the skilled dribble executed some kind of high quality skill manoever. Tonight i will crank up the skill level and see how i get on. I really do prefer the pace of the game on intermediate level though but the AI just wont score when they are in perfect postions to do so.

Intermediate/Amateur level is basically for finding your feet, and trying to score the most outrageous goals. It can be quite useful at times, but obviously lacking any real challenge at all.

I've always played with semi passing and shooting. Long passes, through balls and crosses on manual anyway :)

God knows if any of you are members on AVF but I tried getting people to play on non assited controls and got slated for it. I went on a bit about it because I was being asked questions about the settings and I also called them silly names (in jest for god sake). A whack of people left the league then and gave the reason as it being my fault. All because I said fully assisted controls were rubbish! How childish is that?

God knows if any of you are members on AVF but I tried getting people to play on non assited controls and got slated for it. I went on a bit about it because I was being asked questions about the settings and I also called them silly names (in jest for god sake). A whack of people left the league then and gave the reason as it being my fault. All because I said fully assisted controls were rubbish! How childish is that?

I've read all about it on OGC :LOL:

I know what you mean, Bobby.

I REALLY noticed the difference between playing the big teams and Fire last night, where Fire were really on the back foot and barely got out of their half. Compare that to me playing against Chelsea for example and they came forward a lot more.

Only problem really was that whichever team I played, I always had a lot more possesion and usually limited them to no chances during a match which wasn't great.

people have been saying that about fifa since 08 and once the final game comes out everyone reverses there opinion.. the AI sucks, plain and simple

i've found the AI in fifa 10 to be far better than 09, even in 09 you could tell the different way teams played (wasn't varied enough though)and the AI in PES is just as shite. the AI is always going to be limited and trying to vary the AI for every different player and tactics for each team and then adjust that for each difficulty setting is a tall order, the only way to get a completely random experience is playing another human. you'll just have to wait for 2K soccer to see if they can do any better.

I just listened to the podcast over at wenb and im not saying this to start another flame war or anything but im just not seeing the great things in pro2010 like is being mentioned. I whacked on the demo again the other night to give it some more playtime but just could not get to like it. Before euro2008 the evo games were all i played and i was a very big fan of the series so deep down im guessing that i still have that pro evo way of playing at heart but its just not happening. Yes the graphics are superb, no one can really deny that but as for everything else.....i just feel fifa10 does so much better. But its the freedom and smoothness of fifa that really wins me over. The kits and player faces get a bad rap on fifa but there not bad, just not as good as pro so to me its not a problem. Like i said, im not slating the pro demo as each to their own but there is a part of me that wants to like it. Thats why, despite being banned from posting there, i still check daily for the latest news.

I signed into EA in the demo and it took me through a sign up process that I haven't seen before.

Are the retail servers now up?

Whilst having fully assisted controls is definitely limiting, I really hate how manual players have to sacrifice speed of play. i.e. you're tackled whilst powering up a through-ball, which obviously wouldn't happen if you only had to tap the button (ala assisted).

I just listened to the podcast over at wenb and im not saying this to start another flame war or anything but im just not seeing the great things in pro2010 like is being mentioned. I whacked on the demo again the other night to give it some more playtime but just could not get to like it. Before euro2008 the evo games were all i played and i was a very big fan of the series so deep down im guessing that i still have that pro evo way of playing at heart but its just not happening. Yes the graphics are superb, no one can really deny that but as for everything else.....i just feel fifa10 does so much better. But its the freedom and smoothness of fifa that really wins me over. The kits and player faces get a bad rap on fifa but there not bad, just not as good as pro so to me its not a problem. Like i said, im not slating the pro demo as each to their own but there is a part of me that wants to like it. Thats why, despite being banned from posting there, i still check daily for the latest news.

I don't get it either. In comparison to FIFA demo it's very mediocre. I'm not into choppy sports games. Once you go organic you don't revert to mecanical which is how pes feels to me. And the grfx...they have great potential but um not seeing the greatness. Am I the only one that thinks it's to exposed (lighting to bright and strong)? Players glow weirdly. The balance between light and shade has to be minimized a lit. Players appear grotesquely at times. Some faces are superb while some are way off as well. Pitch and nets do look amazing though while stadium looks just ok. I love the net physics but few nets nowadays are suspended by 3 ropes like pes has them. In fact, they look a lot more like the EA nets IMO. All in all I think it's a fun game that would be ok if there was no competition. Problem is the comp has embraced 360/ps3 hardware and it's tough going back to what we played 4 years ago. A huge problem IMO is that Konami have too huge of a forgiving fanbase that praises anything that's thrown their way. There's no real pressure from users although they will probably feel the sting of more FIFA converts this fall. IMO

I have to say I'm really coming into my own on Manual, but I'm stilll having major problems with finishing direct one-on-ones. Can someone help me?

I have to say I'm really coming into my own on Manual, but I'm stilll having major problems with finishing direct one-on-ones. Can someone help me?

For 1-on-1s try using pass instead of shoot to score, I find it easier for some reason to just pass it and slot it past the keeper, and it looks good aswell!

http://www.easportsfootball.co.uk/media/play/video/9598071

My first all-manual goal.

http://www.easportsfootball.co.uk/media/play/video/9599111

My second.

Scored a couple more very nice goals using manual through balls and shooting and everything else as I had it before (semi, with assisted lobs). I have to say, I've only played like this for an hour or so but I think this may be the ideal setup for me. You get the pace and instinctiveness of the semi passing, but any lust for just sprinting forward is tempered by the through balls being a lot harder than just pressing a button. However, while through balls are harder, you can be more creative because of the freedom of being able to manually aim and weight them.

I also find manual shooting to be better than semi. With manual I seem a lot better at hitting the corners, whereas with semi I seemed to keep hitting the ball either wide or central. Manual seems to be a lot more honest, plus you really can twat the ball!

Most importantly, I want to play online with a semi filter, and I believe the semi-assisted filter is all semi with manual through balls and assisted lobs, so I meet that but with what I feel is better shooting (provided those are min requirements and not strict settings).

As for all manual, I will probably dabble but I can't see myself putting up with 3 minute halves to learn how to pass 10 yards effortlessly.

Oh yeah. Scored this t'other day, not found a reason to post it yet so I'll just lump it in here.

http://www.easportsfootball.co.uk/media/play/video/9502850

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom