FIFA 10 360/PS3 Demo Feedback + Videos

Let me start by saying I've been loving this demo, It's basically been all I've played since it came out, beating out the many full version games I should be playing!

Got a little worried today though, about individuality (gasp, yes, individuality). Up until now I've felt that players feel much more individual... but I started playing against Chicago Fire, on the highest difficulty, and noticed how tough they were playing me... I at first attributed this to the fact that it was just the computer on world class, which cheats a bit. I then tried to play AS Chicago vs Chelsea... and I ended up playing far too well. Yes, I did lose 1-0 off Drogba beating a defender for speed. But my passing (I play on semi) was unbelievable. I ended up passing at a 86% clip, and I felt I could put the ball pretty much anywhere I wanted. I didn't seem to feel any loss in tackling, positioning, or passing skills. This really worries me as, though I need a bigger sample size (and to play against a human a few times with them) it would mean basically the individuality i though ive been seeing in passing, tackling etc is all in my head! In the end the big difference between players would still be shooting, speed, dribbling, and strength... Have you guys noticed this?

Hope this is not the case, and if so that EA has done some work on it... cause otherwise this is the best footie game i've ever played :)

Let me start by saying I've been loving this demo, It's basically been all I've played since it came out, beating out the many full version games I should be playing!

Got a little worried today though, about individuality (gasp, yes, individuality). Up until now I've felt that players feel much more individual... but I started playing against Chicago Fire, on the highest difficulty, and noticed how tough they were playing me... I at first attributed this to the fact that it was just the computer on world class, which cheats a bit. I then tried to play AS Chicago vs Chelsea... and I ended up playing far too well. Yes, I did lose 1-0 off Drogba beating a defender for speed. But my passing (I play on semi) was unbelievable. I ended up passing at a 86% clip, and I felt I could put the ball pretty much anywhere I wanted. I didn't seem to feel any loss in tackling, positioning, or passing skills. This really worries me as, though I need a bigger sample size (and to play against a human a few times with them) it would mean basically the individuality i though ive been seeing in passing, tackling etc is all in my head! In the end the big difference between players would still be shooting, speed, dribbling, and strength... Have you guys noticed this?

Hope this is not the case, and if so that EA has done some work on it... cause otherwise this is the best footie game i've ever played :)

From what I've heard the AI is much tougher in the final release, plus there's always Legendary. :)

You can be really inventive in FIFA; something I really don't think it gets credit for is how much you can actually try new and imaginative passing moves and have a chance of pulling it off. I've tried far more creative plays than that before, I just haven't scored any of them! :(

Does anyone know if there has been any feedback from people with the final build, about whether it has improved upon the demo ???????

There's been quite a few reviews of the final game now, and it's scoring very well indeed. Seems to be a decent indication that things have improved.

There's been quite a few reviews of the final game now, and it's scoring very well indeed. Seems to be a decent indication that things have improved.

r u sure its from the final game???

check it out the boots:
92591471.png

Does anyone know if there has been any feedback from people with the final build, about whether it has improved upon the demo ???????
I would imagine - and this is just me piecing together what I've heard from various places - that the final version has tweaks but not based on any of the demo feedback. There should be a patch along at some point that is based on the demo feedback, and maybe on the early retail version feedback as well.

Yesterday I played a little with Chelsea and found Lampard to be an absolutely key player, creating and finishing the plays. He's so good at volleying... I did a couple nice finishers with him in only 4 or 5 matches.

I recorded some videos yesterday to share with you some details I like, hope you like them too.

LAMPARD VOLLEY #1
YouTube - 741A0001 4 FLV VIDEO Gdp

Lampard starts and finishes the play with a great volley. Here are some detailed replays to enjoy.

Animation of defenders an overall look in close-close-up in Fifa is astonishing. How can anyone call this "soulless"?
YouTube - cole volley2

Even more close-up:
YouTube - cole volley

And finally this one only to show how defenders watch Lampard going to cellebrate. The fustration and head movement of defenders are impressive. There's a strange clipping in the Pruse (player #7) legs by the way.
YouTube - cole detail

LAMPARD VOLLEY #2
This one is a great example of having the right animation for the right moment and how ball physics and the animation egine blend to show very realistic instances that other games fall short to show. Here the normal view in the game. It doesn't seem THAT exciting, right?

YouTube - 741A0001 0 FLV VIDEO wUh

Now take a close look at what happens there, it's extremely satisfying. The perfect animation for the perfect strike and the perfect defender and goalkeeper moves.

YouTube - cole revolley 2

A closer look, only because it is pure cinema in my opinion!

YouTube - cole revolley

GOALKEEPER PENALTY TO IBRA

Nothing special here, only to show something that happens to me now and then when trying to ronud the keeper. A penalty is awarded and a yellow card. So, no one has had the keeper sent out? Should be possible if they are carded isn't it?

YouTube - ibra

i thought the celebration was weak, there seems to be no character to him after he scores.. it is like he is just getting up cause he has too.... not cause he scored a great goal...

Well the celebrations in FIFA will always look weak because of the custom celebrations. I think a lot of people do a little celebration of their own and forget about the game, making the goal scorer just run in a straight line.

i thought the celebration was weak, there seems to be no character to him after he scores.. it is like he is just getting up cause he has too.... not cause he scored a great goal...

Yes, I totally agree, while I think that defenders lookes superb watching him walk with that fustration. There's even a defender who watches him while walking and then looks to the floor. Big contrast. That only shows that celebrations must be handled automatically by the game.

If only, I would like "manual" celebrations only if you score a winner goal in the last minute and your whole team would go mad chasing you and putting you down. That would make sense and would feel exciting and the rare occasion in which would trigger would make it more special. For the rest of goals, I think they should rework cutscenes or get rid of them entirely and do it automatic, like pes always did.

Anyone notice your mentality changing after scoring a goal? Scored one (40min. and it went to ultra defensive. Then I scored in the 80th and it went ultra offensive. Is it the game or is my stick getting stuck? Actually thinking about it, there is bug in the game that celebration control is with the analog stick even when playermovement is set to d-pad. Could be my playermovements and skipping the celebration are coming together to change the mentality setting.

Anyone noticed something similar, or is it just me?

Yes, I totally agree, while I think that defenders lookes superb watching him walk with that fustration. There's even a defender who watches him while walking and then looks to the floor. Big contrast. That only shows that celebrations must be handled automatically by the game.

If only, I would like "manual" celebrations only if you score a winner goal in the last minute and your whole team would go mad chasing you and putting you down. That would make sense and would feel exciting and the rare occasion in which would trigger would make it more special. For the rest of goals, I think they should rework cutscenes or get rid of them entirely and do it automatic, like pes always did.

Or....for me, if they insist on the ;manual' celebrations, then have them, have your team mates chasing you to celebrate, but dont have the stupid cutscene at the end of it..

I downloaded the japanese 360 demo and I am pretty sure it is slower. Maybe I am wrong and I wishing it to be slower. It does feel it though! Japanese demo is 1.19 GB but the Western demo is 979 GB i think.

Plus Japanese commentary. :)

I have an official request: as soon as you guys put ur hands of the game can u post a screen or a short 10 sec video of my PADOVA?

First time we are in a videogame of football....(and right now we have the second spot on the italian serie B after beating the mighty torino in the olympic stadium....)

I think the player should get up more emphatically for goal celebrations. I also think the best way to handle it would be to only make celebrations manual if you press anything. If you don't press a direction or button then the celebration should be automatic. I also think the movements of the player while celebrating should be a lot looser. It feels like an arm movement attached to a standard run at the moment, and it does feel a bit robotic compared to the believable animations that inhabit the rest of the game.

Scored this just now. I'm not enjoying manual throughies as much (other than the assist here, not doing well with them today!) but at least manual shooting is an instant winner.

http://www.easportsfootball.co.uk/media/play/video/9621629

I can assure you it was definitely a lot more emphatic on my TV screen than it looks here!

Anyone notice your mentality changing after scoring a goal? Scored one (40min. and it went to ultra defensive. Then I scored in the 80th and it went ultra offensive. Is it the game or is my stick getting stuck? Actually thinking about it, there is bug in the game that celebration control is with the analog stick even when playermovement is set to d-pad. Could be my playermovements and skipping the celebration are coming together to change the mentality setting.

Anyone noticed something similar, or is it just me?

Are you playing with the d-pad?

Why?!?

owh...and what is that placeholder? last time when i play BAP, my player got that weird checkers on his back, and there's no number. btw, his number in the squad is 128! :O

Back
Top Bottom