FIFA 10

They took it out? WTF? Man the whole ball situation has been buggy in FIFA 10,they promised they would fix it and they never did. I dont mind if they release a bug filled game, but dont promise to fix it and then just do nothing about it, that really pisses me off

Does anybody know the twitter handle of the guy in charge of the online component of FIFA. I'd like to ask him a question about Online Team Play.

hey guys finally got a way of getting the proper footballs eg the default premier league ball.( only works for offline games eg playing manager mode and not going on line.

i went to system settings on the dashboard of xbox 360 and select memory then then on the hard drive press y button to go to maintenance setting and clear the cache which gets rid of the update for fifa 10.

So offline i have the proper squads downloaded and playing manager mode not signed into xbox live works fine after clearing the cache in memory settings).

If u then wanna play online u have to update and the ball comes back to world cup ball but no harm done to ur game save etc.

If u then wanna play offline with proper balls then clear the cache again.
Most wont bother!!! work for me though

And then you also get the bugs in MM such as players being sold without your consent/knowledge, keeper getting all assists, form being ridiculous and affecting physical attributes, etc.

Bet he plays on assisted......

Some nice looking goals though, although I got bored about 2 mins in and stopped watching :)

Good luck finding a bookie who'd give you odds!

Exactly. 2 minutes in and all the sexy flicks and flipflappery in the world lose their appeal, because there's fuck all to it.

Compilations are boring. There's only the good side but where are the the fail attempts ? And don't tell me there is none...

That video also shows the problem with FIFA. All goals looks exactly the same. I used to like watching PES compilations because there would always be some difference in the goals but this is not the case with FIFA. He might do a different trick before he shoots, but the shot and where the ball ends up and how the keeper react is always identical.

If you have seen 10 goals in FIFA you've seen them all.

That video also shows the problem with FIFA. All goals looks exactly the same. I used to like watching PES compilations because there would always be some difference in the goals but this is not the case with FIFA. He might do a different trick before he shoots, but the shot and where the ball ends up and how the keeper react is always identical.

On assisted shooting.

Depressing. He really is incredibly good at pulling off tricks, and he's obviously really getting into making compilation vids, but is this what anyone really thinks a football game should be about?

YouTube - FIFA 10 - "The Beautiful Game" Online Goals Compilation

The guy is a gimp! Full stop. Nobody who wants to play this game in a realistic manner playes like this. EA - Get this shit out of your game as it spoils it. Just so we are all clear, I repeat that the guy (kid probably) is a gimp!!

On assisted shooting.

Nope on manual too.

The keeper always save the ball in some areas (always the exact same saves) and can't save it in some others (always the same failed save). This is why they all look the same.

There is far more variation in goals from manual to semi (never, ever played on assisted shooting).

To be fair I only play manual shooting so I can't really say if there is more variation than semi, but my point about the keepers has nothing to do with those settings anyway.

Semi and assisted may shoot the ball to similar places all the time, but it is the same zones (save or fail) for the keeper.

All the goals feel the same for me because the keeper and defenders always act the same. Sure I might get the ball in a little bit different positions because I play manual, but it doesn't matter when the zones are the same.

it doesnt matter if its any of the 3 the ball always magically reverse curls away from the goal when its heading top corner from a long range shot. Ive scored one long range shot in about 100 games.

it doesnt matter if its any of the 3 the ball always magically reverse curls away from the goal when its heading top corner from a long range shot. Ive scored one long range shot in about 100 games.

Yes, and your personal experience is an excellent sciential source. I just had a streak where I scored probably 8-9 long range efforts in 10 games (4-5 in the top corner, 2-3 over the keeper, 2-3 curling low around him). And yes, that is real long range (at least 7-8 meters outside of the penalty area). Of course that is not always the case, but the fact that you can't score them does not mean that they do not exist.:YAWN:

(And no, I did not use Cristiano Ronaldo, but some mediocre Eeredivise players with an overall rating of 55-76)

That video honestly looks like FIFA Street with a pitch instead of a playground. I'd be more impressed if there were actually things from real football involved.

Well i finally got myself sorted at last.

had to go through a world of pain to get there though. Luckily i dont play manager mode so what i did didnt affect me and in fact as worked amazingly well.

Couldnt delete UT off my drive, it just wont let you. It was ruining the game experience so i had to wipe my entire hardrive. And ill tell you something else too, EA have drastically altered the gameplay patch by patch. When i got the UT update the game, even on slow seemed miles too fast, altering speed never altered a thing. They also did something to the ball physics too, and also over time have altered the way the computer plays at the end of matches - the cpu always passed the ball around near the box and never attacked no matter what the score.

Anyhow did a wipe of my had drive (luckily i have an arcade so i backed up other data on the internal memory) and redid all my custom tactics from scratch. I also cleared my cache of updates and can only now play offline but i dont mind.

And the difference is like totally amazing. The game on world class and slow is superb. with the tactics redone the game plays realistically, with a realistic pace. The shooting seems more real than it was patched, i had about 5 games in a row and all were unique and superb and trust me its no placebo, ive been tweaking this game so much i know the ins and outs and subtle differences from every patch. The goalies were better too, everything is just miles better and i have all the balls back. And for the first time, the cpu attacked me even when it was 1-0 up in the dying minutes, i actually shipped late goals at 0-0 and cpu winning 1-0 positions - they never did that with the patches.

Im a happy man right now and never touching a bloody patch again.

This is true. It's not a case of the shooting being set to manual, semi or assisted; it's the physics of the shot itself. The ball doesn't drop very quickly (floaty physics), which means that EA have had to stop the ball rising as much as it does in real life. Hence over the course of a long shot the ball doesn't really do much of note or have much opportunity to vary wildly. Shots don't bounce worryingly in front of the keeper, they don't zip along the ground in the way they should (the grass seems to generate too much friction) etc. I've watched a fair few long range goal replays now (including my own) and they simply aren't fun to watch. There's no variation, there's no life to the shot and there's no sense for another person's achievement, let alone your own when you score.

Edit: This is someone's top 20 PES 5 goals.YouTube - My top 20 PES 5 goals. Most of them are long range volleys with All-Time World XI players, but they're pretty much all far, far, far more interesting than any long range goal I've seen in FIFA.

Last edited:
To be fair I only play manual shooting so I can't really say if there is more variation than semi, but my point about the keepers has nothing to do with those settings anyway.

Semi and assisted may shoot the ball to similar places all the time, but it is the same zones (save or fail) for the keeper.

All the goals feel the same for me because the keeper and defenders always act the same. Sure I might get the ball in a little bit different positions because I play manual, but it doesn't matter when the zones are the same.

Spot on Gab. Scoring sweet-spots and super-human keepers remain the same regardless of assists.

Edit: This is someone's top 20 PES 5 goals.YouTube - My top 20 PES 5 goals. Most of them are long range volleys with All-Time World XI players, but they're pretty much all far, far, far more interesting than any long range goal I've seen in FIFA.

I must be really blind cos I don't see anything special or standout about those goals, similar to numerous Fifa goals I've seen, the Mutu 40 yard volley off his knee was one exception though ;)

I purposefully went for that vid because most of these are essentially the same goal, and are all slight variations on the sorts of goal you see in FIFA. Despite this, there is a lot more venom, dip, organic swerve and, well, life, to these goals than any FIFA 10 long ranger I've ever seen. I can go into our own FIFA 10 Video thread and pick out all the long rangers and I very much doubt I'll see one as visceral or subtly unique as these seemingly identical goals.

One's a 500m headshot in Battlefield Bad Company 1; the other's a 500m headshot in ArmA 2 ;).

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom