Fifa 12 Career Mode Discussions

Placebo

Ԁlɐɔǝqo
3 May 2003
Orrefors, Sweden.
Sheffield Wednesday
Started a CM with Man City to experience the highs and lows of lots of cash to spend and lots of pressure from unhappy players and expectation etc.
Changed injury occurrence slider and severity slider to 70, 2nd friendly of the season I win a corner, balls comes in and players challenge, Kolo Toure goes to the ground clutching his shoulder, broken collarbone out for 3 months, first league match of the season versus Swansea and Yaya Toure just did his ACL and will be out 7 months! Gonna change injury severity down to 55 Posted Image

AI clubs now come in for your players even when not listed, had Arsenal bid for Lescott then get the huff when I said no and declared their interest ended, Bayern came in for the listed Tevez with 10m below his price so I said no, they came back a couple of days later with an increased offer of his market value (£32m) so I accepted it. Adam Johnson was pretty shit in pre-season so sent a message apologising and asked me not to lose heart in him and give him another chance, which I did when he came on as sub in the 1st league match and he did pretty well which prompted a newspaper story along the lines of "underpar Johnson comes good after manager keeps faith", loads of really nice touches in terms of stories and news and stuff and you're kept up to date really well with what's happening in terms of bids and injuries etc, really impressive is it gives an analysis of every club in your division, what they're expected to achieve, key players, young player to look out for in the future etc, very well done touch :)

So far I have only managed to buy Bale and Thiago Silva as all the players seem to want shit loads of money in wages unfortunately, was trying to sign Rooney but they already sold Nani, Hernandez and Park in the 2nd week so he didn't want to leave, Utd bought Modric with some of the money they brought in and Spurs bought Park from them to replace Bale I guess who I'd bought, I'd probably say at this point there's too many transfers going on but at least you can't say it's boring!

Last edited:
Looking forward to career mode. Nice writeup.

Little concerned about the weather and time of day issue mentioned by others though.

Yeah I'm also concerned about that, they must be massively confident they've got a good system in place else why remove the ability to change it? Currently playing a league cup match which is midweek yet day/dry, obviously still only August 30th but some matches get played in the lights in the evening's in summer don't they?

Curerntly playing the first league cup match away to Macclesfield, despite playing a 2nd string the difference is massive and most of the time they're hoofing it away under pressure, battering their goal and even fairly average shots their keeper is spilling cos his stats are so low compared to my players, nice to have the second commentary automatically be used for the cup games, makes for a different atmosphere, as much as I despise Townsend ;)

I set up three scouting systems, Russia, China and Brazil, all three found players but it takes a few months to get a real sense of the player so after two months it's stuff like current overall 39-68 potential 62-91, the longer you scout the more accurate the prediction but I already lost out on two players I was scouting as youth academies from other clubs snapped them up.

Loaning seems to work better, put a bunch of Man City kids up for loan and had L1/L2 clubs come in for them which is more realistic than previous Fifas, need to check if they're getting matches though.

The window closes tomorrow after this cup match so I'll experience it for the first time, not sure if I will be buying anyone though, depends if I can shift any of the reserves, brought Adebayor and Santa Cruz back from their loans early to sell which cost me £6m in loan cancellation fees so they better sell!

Definitely not going to stream chants this time as it made the game stuttery so will create a CD just of Wednesday chants to copy to the 360. Talking of custom chants, couple of new categories now, custom chant for a bad decision by the ref (so we need stuff like we always get shit refs, referee's a wanker and booing) and there's now custom chant when winning a cup/league title and custom chant for beating the rival team of your team, also there are separate volume sliders for custom chants/custom music which should help balancing custom/default chants much better :)

Awesome thread to have. :)

Keep us up to date Placebo.

It'd be nice to see your loaned out players grow as they should get a lot of playing time in L1/L2 clubs. Keep us updated on their progress...

League cup games at mid day ruins it for me. Gosh imagine European games. I'll boycott if it's during the day

Technically it's not "day" per se, the league cup match was a 1945 kickoff, simply that it's decided that 1945 on August 30th is still light enough to use the day setting, obviously it's wrong because if you check the sunset calendar sunset was at 1952 for that day in real life, but clearly they do it this way to demonstrate the change of seasons and as people have reported as it gets later in the year the matches become night matches plus having rain etc, yes it's not 100% ideal and it'd be preferable to be able to choose the weather oneself but I'm kinda ok with it if they've done the changing seasons properly.

Awesome thread to have. :)

Keep us up to date Placebo.

It'd be nice to see your loaned out players grow as they should get a lot of playing time in L1/L2 clubs. Keep us updated on their progress...

Thanks ;)

I've played 3 friendlies, 3 league matches and a league cup game IIRC, so far Hart and Kompany have both raised +1, I'll take a pic later of their stat improvements, I think it was actually about two matches ago (you don't get any notification that players are improving/decreasing or none that I've seen so far).

Of the players I've loaned out so far only one of them has played and that was 2 league matches, which is a bit sucky but it's good that you can very easily see if they're getting games or not, I keep meaning to check them against the players of the loaned in teams to see if they "should" be getting games, obviously if you loan players to teams not in your country it's not going to show them playing league matches because those leagues are just simulated (I'm guessing this).

Forgot to mention, unless I'm a complete idiot the real fixtures are being used for the first season?

Another thing, before the charity shield I chose to slag off Sir Alex in the press and I ended up criticising the team for their poor disciplinary record apparently! During the match the commentators discussed this twice and they agreed I was out of line and shouldn't try to play mind games!

Before the Spurs away match I decided to praise Brad Friedel to the press, it ended up an article where I was praising the veteran keeper and saying that it's no surprise he's still playing at the age of 40 because he has excellent ability etc, then during the match the commentators again mentioned this and specifically talked about how I praised the veteran keeper etc and maybe I was looking to buy him or just hoped he'd let some goals in! Thought this was a feature taking to an excellent degree of integration, obviously just depends on how varied it is but so far it impressed me, nobody played mind games with me yet though ;)

Last edited:
Is anyone playing career mode on manual? In FIFA 11 id hold my own on world class level finish top 6. Ive played 3 of the pre season on proffesional level and been whooped in every game... Loving it tho

I use a mix of semi and manual, semi for shooting, short passing and crossing, manual for long passes and through balls, playing on Professional as Man City and doing ok but not great, if I don't concentrate 100% the AI can batter me (as the Pug'gate match shows ;) ) With the same control settings in Fifa11 I could play on world class comfortably.

I use a mix of semi and manual, semi for shooting, short passing and crossing, manual for long passes and through balls, playing on Professional as Man City and doing ok but not great, if I don't concentrate 100% the AI can batter me (as the Pug'gate match shows ;) ) With the same control settings in Fifa11 I could play on world class comfortably.
I like that control set-up. Definitely going to try it.

Played my last pre season game and got a 1-1 and then my first premiership and beat sunderland 3-1 , Gerard with a beauty. Ive found the secret is to keep off the sprint button but its a bad habit from FIFA 11. That and Ive changed formation to a 4-2-3-1 . A bit more defensive but Gerard makes great runs as a centre mid and supports suarez as the lone striker...2nd in the league!! ha

The hogging of the sprint button is a follow on from PES of old. Football games now demand you stay off the button unless it's necessary.

I can now confirm that there is change in weather depending on the time of year :)

I've had my first game in Overcast 1st October during the day.
The match after this against Lyngby BK was played in Dusk. So the weather varies ;)

The following match I played in EkstraBladetCup (Danish Cup) and it was a midweek game - And was played during the night in pooring rain ;) So currently it feels like it has been correctly implemented!

Looking forward to play European matches.

BTW - Anyone interested in playing some Manual games online? If you do - Can you then post your Gamertag in here or is there a seperate thread?

Haven't searched for it, so I am sorry about my laziness ;)

Has the game lighting been improved all round? The demo was great but what about other conditions/stadiums and timeslots??

During Overcast it still looks dull and there really is no light effect at all. But that is like it is in real life, but it doesn't look amazingly good :/

When you play in rain at night it looks good - You have mirror effect on the ball and on the player boots and the player kits get wet - But for me it doesn't look like it has been improved over FIFA 11 :)

But in the Day/Dry and Night/Dry/Rain time is where it really shines ;) The lighting effects is really good and the players looks more detailed.

Playing at Old Trafford during Night (Doesn't matter if it is dry or rainy) is really amazing. The grass looks really short and the field is lit up great and you really feel like it is like playing a real Champions League match (My first match was Man United vs. Aalborg BK during night).

But I had a great game against my brother where he was United and I was Fulham and we played it during Night/Rainy and it felt like a real Premier League match with intense tacklings and really great passing play.

So overall it has been improved from last year :)

BY THE WAY!

The ball physics felt weird last year playing in rain (The ball made this weird thing where it stopped - Like there was a pool of water) - It feels way more realistic this year :)

Last edited:
MadsenDK, what do you think of the database of the Danish league in FIFA12? Realistic? Is there sufficient 'differences' in the strengths/weaknesses of your squad at Aalborg let's say or they do all universally have low ratings and kinda feel/look same. I ask because if the data is okay and there is no playoff system in Danish league (is there?) then I don't mind giving Danish league a try. :)

Forgot to mention, unless I'm a complete idiot the real fixtures are being used for the first season?

The other guy controlling Liverpool said his first fixture was against Sunderland as well so yeah it looks like it! Wonder if it actually is though (we gotta confirm it 100%) and if other leagues are too! That would be a very subtle but cool touch which wasn't even mentioned anywhere. Real fixtures for 1st season!

Another thing, before the charity shield I chose to slag off Sir Alex in the press and I ended up criticising the team for their poor disciplinary record apparently! During the match the commentators discussed this twice and they agreed I was out of line and shouldn't try to play mind games!

Before the Spurs away match I decided to praise Brad Friedel to the press, it ended up an article where I was praising the veteran keeper and saying that it's no surprise he's still playing at the age of 40 because he has excellent ability etc, then during the match the commentators again mentioned this and specifically talked about how I praised the veteran keeper etc and maybe I was looking to buy him or just hoped he'd let some goals in! Thought this was a feature taking to an excellent degree of integration, obviously just depends on how varied it is but so far it impressed me, nobody played mind games with me yet though ;)

Hopefully the AI will play mindgames with you as well. Let us know if they do. As for all this, it sounds very cool! :PIRATE:

It'd be nice if your words had some actual meaning though in the sense that it would make Brad Friedel play better/worse depending on his personality for example. Or your team to get complacent/pumped up before a match depending on what you say so their ratings decrease slightly temporarily (just for that match) by -3 let's say or boosted +3 if they're supposedly more 'motivated'

As cool as it is to hear about it in commentary or read about it in the media in-game, it'd be nice to hear it's not all just cosmetic and has some kind of consequence which I think that Pompey fan from EA (the creator of CM this year) was saying it does if i'm not mistaken! But it can only be so if personalities are in game as well... so Mario Balotelli for example is more likely to whine or get in trouble than Gareth Barry... but I doubt it is... do you see any evidence of this?

MadsenDK, what do you think of the database of the Danish league in FIFA12? Realistic? Is there sufficient 'differences' in the strengths/weaknesses of your squad at Aalborg let's say or they do all universally have low ratings and kinda feel/look same. I ask because if the data is okay and there is no playoff system in Danish league (is there?) then I don't mind giving Danish league a try. :)

I find the stats quite realistic - Especially for Aalborg BK :)

The only player who is underrated in my opinion is Henrik Dalsgaard - In real life, he is known as the fastest player in the Danish Superliga and he had 79 Acceleration and 81 Sprint Speed - I changed Acceleration to 88 and Sprint Speed to 95, because he is actually one of the fastest players in Europe too on a 100m distance :)

Other than that - A talent like Lukas Andersen (16-years old and known as one of the biggest talents in Danish Football) has already gone 3 points op in half a season in my brothers game and 2 points in mine after the first 3 months.. So it is looking very promising!

The Danish League doesn't have play-offs.

1st and 2nd place get into the CL-qualification

3rd, 4th and 5th gets into the Europa League qualification and that is out of 12 teams in total.

So give it a go ;) I would love to follow your progress in here and see where YOU can take Aalborg BK ;)

I find the stats quite realistic - Especially for Aalborg BK :)

The only player who is underrated in my opinion is Henrik Dalsgaard - In real life, he is known as the fastest player in the Danish Superliga and he had 79 Acceleration and 81 Sprint Speed - I changed Acceleration to 88 and Sprint Speed to 95, because he is actually one of the fastest players in Europe too on a 100m distance :)

See this is what I meant bro about the database in lesser leagues. This Henrik guy clearly sounds INCREDIBLY fast! The fastest player in the league and one of the fastest in Europe (Like the new Rommedahl or something eh? :P ) but they've given him only decent speed ratings... which means he doesn't stand out! That is disappointing. Now I can edit him of course before starting CM mode. But if there are lots of other mistakes like this then players neither in my squad nor other squads in the league stand out or feel 'different' and that's my most important criteria for choosing a league.

Do some of your players have those 'special stars' or different 'traits' or are they all more or less the same? If they do, then I will give this a go. I'm excited about Danish league.

Other than that - A talent like Lukas Andersen (16-years old and known as one of the biggest talents in Danish Football) has already gone 3 points op in half a season in my brothers game and 2 points in mine after the first 3 months.. So it is looking very promising!

Nice! So you've noticed this Lukas guy increase more and faster than your other players so far right?

The Danish League doesn't have play-offs.

1st and 2nd place get into the CL-qualification

3rd, 4th and 5th gets into the Europa League qualification and that is out of 12 teams in total.

So give it a go ;) I would love to follow your progress in here and see where YOU can take Aalborg BK ;)

Perfect! I hate play off leagues except England's 2nd division. That's why I don't play in Belgium despite liking the league.

I thought 3rd and 4th go to Europa League but not 5th by the way? What about winners of DAnish Cup?

Finally, I didn't say I'll play with your beloved Aalborg bro ;). I'll consider them along with FC Midjitland (Sp?) (Mohamed Zidan's old club) and maybe try to revive Brondby! But I'll decide on the team depending on kit colours, budget and seasonal expectations. I'll let you know who I choose... but Danish league sounds promising and I'll give it a go! :)

Or maybe I'll become Lukas Anderson and try to become a star in Aalborg and Danish league before getting a big move to Spain or England or something as a Be a player Mode which I play a lot. :)

What about the faces by the way? Any of these Danish league players have real faces?

As a former data editor I know that certain players can be set to be more troublesome than others in terms of off the field matters :)

That's awesome! Anything else you wanna share with us that is similar kind of info that most of us like me perhaps wouldn't know you think P?

p.s. You are gonna run a CM mode with your beloved Sheffield Wednesday later on right? This is just temporary...?

Yep absolutely, just waiting until I get the retail game and the free transfer/stadium lists are written up and I have my chants CD created, stuff like that really :)

Nice. I'm thinking of starting one with them as well and slowly but surely trying to bring them back to glory days!

In terms of the bad behaviour thing, is it a rating you give it like 1-100 similar to attributes or a yes or no thing as in 'troublesome' vs. 'normal'?

Just started the long hard slog with AFC Wimbledon. Not the glamourous end of the leagues but i want to see the difference between the top and bottom clubs.

Back
Top Bottom