- Pass speed 60
- Injury Frequency 60
- Run Freqeuncy 80

CPU:
- Pass Error 75
- Pass Speed 60
- Injury Frequenty 60

For those unaware of the sliders or what they represent :

EA are introducing sliders this year to allow you to customise your own experience. Each slider can be changed for both the user and CPU teams seperately and can be done, on the fly, mid match.

Sprint Speed

Modifies the maximum sprint speed a team can reach.

Acceleration

Modifies the time it takes for a teams player to reach their maximum speed.

Shot Error

Increases/Reduces the amount of error applied to a teams normal shots. This doesn’t affect other types of shots (i.e finesse).

Pass Error

Increases/Reduces the amount of error applied to a teams ground passes. This does not affect other types of passes.

Shot Speed

Increases/reduces the amount of speed applied to a teams normal shots. This doesn’t affect other types of shots (i.e finesse).

Pass Speed

Increases/reduces the amount of speed applied to a teams ground passes. This doesn’t affect other types of passes.

Injury Frequency

Increases/reduces the frequency that injuries occur within a team.

Injury Severity

When a player from a team gets an injury, this will increase/reduce the severity.

Goalkeeper Ability

Increases/reduces the saving ability of the goalkeeper.

Positioning: Marking

Increases/decreases how tightly the defenders mark their opponents.

Positioning: Run frequency

Increases/decreases the number of runs teammates will make.

Positioning: Line height

Specifies how high/low the defensive line will positions themselves for a team.

Positioning: Line Length

Specifies how stretched or compact the team will try to keep their line for the pitch.

Positioning: Line width

Specifies how stretched or compact the team will try to keep for the width of the pitch.

Positioning: Fullback Positioning

Increases/decreases how far the teams fullbacks will push forward.

Power bar

Modifies how quickly/slowly the power bar fills up when you request any type of pass or shot.

It will take a while for people to find the sweet spots for settings, and everyones will probably be pretty different, but we’ll gather a list of what people are using post launch.

Nice post Scutch and great idea for a thread guys.

I'll probably play with the default for a bit. Otherwise I feel with all those options you can go tweaking forever and are more like a technician trying to find 'sweet' spot than playing the game and enjoying it and have an excuse for losing, etc. The default settings must be alright if not perfect.

So anyone managed to find the sweet spot especially so we can tell the differences of playing a big and small club realistically?

Would love anyone's comments, especially Placebo and other members who often talk up FIFA. (: am getting both games this year.

I find that Legendary is a must, but the normal AI is too good so i put the pass error up to 61. and shot error on 61, i make myslef a little faster too. I use 55/60 for acceleration and top speed(because on legendary the AI always seems to be faster. Find it a good balancem however the AI still plays like AI instead of real team like in PES this is my only issue so far.

I've changed a bit, although only tested it as Juve vs Inter in career.

I found it was a bit stale before, poor teammate movement, and my strikers (Neymar and Welliton) lacked the spark they normally should have.

The match I had was exciting, moves came off, AI made better runs etc.

I play on Slow, so this is all based off that. IMO the speed now with these changes is ideal.

Changes

USER:
Sprint 55
Acceleration 55
Pass Speed 60
Injury Frequency 60
GK Ability 40
Positioning: Run Frequency 80
Power Bar 60

CPU
Sprint 55
Acceleration 55
Pass Error 75
Pass speed 60
Injury Frequency 60
GK Ability 40
Positioning: Run Frequency 80
Positioning: Line Width 60
Positioning: Fullback Positioning 60

Any improvements please let me know.

^ Thank-you for those. Much improved the game. I may tune the pace of players down though.

Thanks for the feedback.

The reason I increased the pace, was the strikers i mentioned Neymar and Welligton, didnt quite have the pace/acceleration I thought they should.

If there was a slider to make the cpu foul more I'd be delighted. Hardly ever get a free kick.

Been playing the game on normal speed with all the default settings and am pretty happy with it generally other than the fact that yeah the AI doesn't seem to foul me as much as I'd like or for it to be realistic and my team-mates could making more runs... so I think I'm just gonna increase the Run frequency and maybe full-back thing to like 60 and leave everything else as it is.

This is the 2nd version from my base set which I started over on OS. The sliders are for long time FIFA gamers who use Manual Controls.

--------------
MATCH
---------------
Half Length: 10/15 minutes
Difficulty Level: Legendary
Game Speed: Slow

---------------
PLAYSTATION/XBOX CONTROLLER
---------------
Auto Switching: Manual
Auto Switching Move Assistance: None
Passing Power Assistance: Off
Pass Assistance: Manual
Through Passing Assistance: Manual
Shot Assistance: Manual
Cross Assistance: Manual
Lob Pass Assistance: Manual
Save Assistance: Manual
Analog Sprint: On
Defending - Tactical Defending

---------------
User/CPU Game Customization
---------------
Sprint Speed - 55/55
Acceleration - 50/50
Shot Error - 0/55
Pass Error - 0/75
Shot Speed - 53/50 * bumped down by 2.
Pass Speed - 60/50
Injury Frequency - 65/65
Injury Severity - 55/55 * bumped down by 10. Players were being injured for a bit too long.
Goalkeeper Ability - 40/40
Positioning:Marking - 75/50
Positioning:Run Frequency - 40/30
Positioning: Line Height - 30/25
Positioning: Line Length - 35/30
Positioning: Line Width - 30/30
Positioning: Fullback Positioning - 55/65
Power Bar - 65/- * recently bumped up to 65 from 40. Since it's pressure censored it can vary for user I am sure. 65 works very well for me.

Been having a few games with this set above and getting some tough competitive games in, each so rewarding. They set will punish your defense if you can't defend with emphasis and FIFA vets will be drawn to use them. I have bumped shot and pass error for human all the way down to 0. I feel if I am using Manual controls, therefor I should make the error in passing/shooting not let the CPU decide/adjust that one. Finally glad to see this in and working well this year.

I played around with the Speed and Acceleration, I found that going to slow animations start to look a little different front from the base default because its quite slow, maybe its just me? Ended up trying a few combinations of highs and lows from both sides only to discover that default on slow worked quite well once sliders got messed around a bit.

If you play on Legendary you will see how effective just jogging/walking with the ball can be to find open players and make a tactical attacking move that can vary in speed and pace. It gives a nice breakaway speed if you are able to beat a defender 1-1. Any thoughts/feedback is most welcome. Thanks and Enjoy.

Last edited:
Thanks for that, JDM! :)

I will try it tonight, when I get home - Sounds very promising!

How do you find the AI-attacking with those settings? Does it vary? :)

All good, hope they work out for you.

I do find that teams have variations in their attack. Their build ups can be quite strong. If you hold up a good defense they will pass back and try exploit you another way.

They also attack more as a team and defend more as a team with these settings.

EA confirmed the day one update addresses amongst other things "fouls" hoping to get clarification if it means the AI will foul more...

And just this second he replied "@Placebo_obecalP off ball fouls" so that's something I guess :)

Day 1 update already available for download for those of us in North America who got the game yesterday? I haven't booted mine up yet today but I'm guessing when I do, it's gonna automatically download and update it?

Need to try these. We have to look into getting our players fouled though...

I'm yet to see any problems with fouls. I mean there is the odd call on a challenge from the CPU where the ref might not react that I thought should be called, but this happens in real life so it should vary. It would be nice if their was a separate slider for fouls.

Last game I had a team get 4 yellow's against me. So it's there and working. I do have the day 1 patch update that I can confirm it fixes fouls from the demo. At least EA on twitter.

How you guys finding these sliders? Difficult? Good realistic games? any feedback?

Everyone make sure you post what speed and difficulty settings you're using when you post your sliders.

And I haven't noticed much of a difference with the new update. Still too few fouls IMO.

Anyway to check if my game has the latest update or not? It downloaded something earlier but not sure if it was the EA update you guys talk about...

By the way, speaking of settings, how many of you have handballs enabled in your game and how are you finding it? For those who have it on, do you also have Penalties for it or (except penalties) option?

I turned it off in FIFA11 because I thought it happened too often and quite stupidly at times. Now I've turned it on in FIFA12 hoping it's been re-tweaked and am having mixed thoughts about it. On one hand, it is more realistic if handball fouls do exist as they do happen in real life and I had the AI concede a beautiful one where their defender jumped up to head a corner off my head but mistimed it and completely hit it with his hand! That was good.

But I'm also seeing dumb ones like me just sprinting but being called for handball and conceding two silly PK's myself for not doing anything wrong.

So I'm on the fence about it... let me know what you all think but only share your opinions based on your FIFA12 experience with it not FIFA11.

I think handballs are exactly the same as 11, I've seen no improvements in logic so I have it on except for penalties which is how I had it for 11 as well :)

Anyway to check if my game has the latest update or not? It downloaded something earlier but not sure if it was the EA update you guys talk about...

Well if you're on 360 you could always do the clear cache thingy which wipes all title updates so you can download it again :)

I think handballs are exactly the same as 11, I've seen no improvements in logic so I have it on except for penalties which is how I had it for 11 as well :)

I think it has improved somewhat this year. I had the same settings for 11. You couldn't have it on for penalties because you would get 1 at least every game. This year I have it on full, and in 3 games I have had 2 hand balls. 1 from my team. So all in all it seems pretty good so far.

I think it has improved somewhat this year. I had the same settings for 11. You couldn't have it on for penalties because you would get 1 at least every game. This year I have it on full, and in 3 games I have had 2 hand balls. 1 from my team. So all in all it seems pretty good so far.

I think its definitely improved. In FIFA 11 there were way too many handballs even when the players hands are by their side. So far in FIFA 12 I've seen about 6 or 7 handballs outside the area and 2 in the area, both of which were outstretched or raised hands. I have no complaints and have turned penalty handballs on this year

I think its definitely improved. In FIFA 11 there were way too many handballs even when the players hands are by their side. So far in FIFA 12 I've seen about 6 or 7 handballs outside the area and 2 in the area, both of which were outstretched or raised hands. I have no complaints and have turned penalty handballs on this year

I've only played the demo, but always with full handball settings. I think they tweaked them, by only considering when the ball hits flailing arms/hands, and maybe even only when the ball changes direction considerably. Some games, not one handball is given, other games 4 or 5 are. When they are given, I always watched the replay, and I'd say 8 out of 10 times, the calling seems fair (although it still is out of your control). Dunno if they've tweaked them further for the full game.

I had one with Carragher on a corner. The CPU played in a lofted ball and he jumps up in front of the attacker. The attacker jumps too bu misses the ball. The next thing the ref is pointing to the spot. I checked the replay and my defender has jumped with his hands raised and the ball defects slightly off his finger tips..I was fuming but equally impressed :) . Wish I had saved the replay.

the other one was a blocked shot I slid in to block the shot. The ball was blocked with the defenders outstretched arm above his head as he was lying on the floor. Again a deffo pen

Back
Top Bottom