FIFA 12 slider settings & discussion

Henry's hand - whoever said that the CPU couldn't see the whole pitch like humans can? In any case, the human's large field of vision isn't at a gamebreaking advantage until you can simulatenously control every player on your team. As it stands, just because you can see someone in space 60 metres away, doesn't mean you can give him the ball with such speed and accuracy that he can take advantage of it.

I understand what you want to do with those ideas - I just don't see how they'd be workable, or how they could possibly be put in and accepted by even 0.1% of the FIFA or PES demographic. The uproar at players glitching in and out of view, or the player you're controlling not responding as expected, would be monstrous.

The only way to do it would be to create a Pro camera that works, that isn't just forward facing, that allows for glances over the shoulder, that is 60fps, with players able to communicate to you and you being able to hear a player running in behind you etc etc. But we're still so far from all of that coming together, and further still from it being something people could use with any level of success.

Agreed, it's very difficult to implement right and I would suggest to implement such measures only as as an additional option to be used by those that like to play with such a realism-concept.

Communication between players could be done in form of handsign-animations and the thing with feeling/hearing a player outside your vision could be done with a slight humming of the vibration-motor in the gamepad, and yes, glances over the shoulder should be possible...

It's so complex that it probably can't be done on this gen, but on the next gen I would like to see Konami and EA try to develop this concept as an additional realism-option, of course only in conjunction with a humanised CPU-AI.

Last edited:
Any setting is fine bruv, i just wanna see how different it looks with these sliders for real. You get me.

This is 55mins normal speed. My marking settings are lower than placebos and a few things not identical. But its pretty similar. I play on pro level though. I pause game and show sliders in video at some point.

Wasnt great game. I got 2 shots and score 2 goals in 1st half lol.

YouTube - fifa half.wmv

Last edited:
This is 55mins normal speed. My marking settings are lower than placebos and a few things not identical. But its pretty similar. I play on pro level though. I pause game and show sliders in video at some point.

YouTube - fifa half.wmv

Are you on PC? Have you added some kind of camera patch? I like the look of that broadcast camera, it's slightly different to the default ones but looks pretty good.

Are you on PC? Have you added some kind of camera patch? I like the look of that broadcast camera, it's slightly different to the default ones but looks pretty good.

Pc dynamic fully zoomed out height at 20 I think?

NO patches.

Try and stick with legendary difficulty, it plays imho more realistic, more challenging and more thrilling. Mistakes get punished brutally and that's how it should be like.

Try and stick with legendary difficulty, it plays imho more realistic, more challenging and more thrilling. Mistakes get punished brutally and that's how it should be like.

Often I find it hard to score on pro as it is and get beat sometimes.

I do think on pro cpu is a bit weak attacking though. But defense is still quite solid.

Are the players too small for you if you play Tele Broadcast 15-10? You can't see much of the pitch using the camera in your video.

ive tested numeorus times adn found i always get best results with this camera.

Though i cant se much of the pitch my style of paly is short passes and precise shooting. I fidn that this is easiet to perfom on this view. THough its a sacrifice in terms of not being able to see more of the pitch i do try to use the radar.

I just find with a more zoome din view its easier to bet players, perform close controls/skill, get perfect shooting and time tackles well.

IMO when you expand the view all the individual elemenmts of gameplay i mentioned above become much harder and less precise however it is good to view full pitch for long balls, spotting runs, gaps and othe formationalk thigns.

Though proof is in the pudding as they say and fact is I always get better results offlin/online when i playu dyanamic zoomed fully out compared to boradcast zoomed fully in so I just accpet this is the one for me though I prefer the look of the game on other cameras results wise and performance wise this is best.

Last edited:
Tough to play with manual passing when you have that camera in tight. IF you play semi or assisted I guess you can get away with it though.

not really i have it all manual expcet short passes.

I just use the radar plus the camera zooms out when you go to far end of pitch or do a long ball hence name, dynamic camera.

I am so used to game as well now I can predict where players will be and what not though obviously its better for long passes with wider out camera I prefer shooting and dribbling with zoomed in camera.

Short passes, dribbles and shooting is more important to me than long balls.

Ok guys I put the FIFA disc back in last night after a couple of solid weeks hiatus and I've changed away from the fully manual approach and am trying to play assisted with more error. Put up passing and shot error for me and the CPU and it's so far given me some nice results with a couple of nicely misplaced passes. One of the shots the CPU missed was a bit much so I'm thinking I'll turn that down a click or two.

What I'm trying to work out though, is which sliders I can tweak to get the CPU to come at me a bit more and commit to challenges etc. Pull themselves out of shape more so as if you were playing a human and not the super rigid AI. I know I might not be able to achieve this too much but I increased player marking a little and was getting the odd pass intercepted, which was good. But I'm getting bored of being able to pass my way around with little pressure. At least on PES, you have to work for the space.

Is it something I could tweak in a slider or should I bump up the difficulty. Am on Professional now as I was on full manual before but I'd rather have a game where the CPU can challenge me to some tactical battles, instead of me creating a whole lot of chances and missing them because of manual shooting lol...even though I have scored some crackers on manual :P

There's a really weird assisted set of sliders posted over at OS. I think the game was set to Legendary. I'll see if I saved it somewhere. Very strange setup but it seemed to be promising.

Last edited:
Once you get the hang of manual, there's no going back IMO. Games are much more frantic and open. Love it! :)

Hey Placebo,

may I ask for your thoughts about your line settings?
and why do you have different values for you and the CPU

thanks!

Positioning: Line Height - 48/49
Positioning: Line Length - 48/50
Positioning: Line Width - 45/45

I found that the CPU had an easier time getting around my back 4 so just wanted to tighten things up, whereas I felt it wasn't that easy to get around the CPU's back four so left it essentially where it was, except lowing line height by one just to minimise the amount of 1v1 against the keeper to keep it more to realistic levels :)

thanks, that helps me understand your sliders
I am still at professional difficulty, so I experience it a little bit different I guess

Interesting - I tried a set of sliders from the site I posted recently and the game seems quite a bit more dynamic. Able to pass the ball around still but not able to get clean shots off that easily around the box. I upped the shot error a little but am still going to tinker a bit more. Player runs at zero and the players run around naturally haha. Who would have thought lol

Interesting - I tried a set of sliders from the site I posted recently and the game seems quite a bit more dynamic. Able to pass the ball around still but not able to get clean shots off that easily around the box. I upped the shot error a little but am still going to tinker a bit more. Player runs at zero and the players run around naturally haha. Who would have thought lol

EA wins again. They got everyone playing their game 7 months after release just because of the introduction of the sliders. Brilliant. JK the game is excellent.

Once you get the hang of manual, there's no going back IMO. Games are much more frantic and open. Love it! :)

Agreed, full manual makes Fifa 12 so much better and interesting. Difficulty on legendary as well.

I hope this year EA worked hard to upgrade the AI and to humanise the CPU-AI and (!!) to finally introduce realistic inertia and momentum for Fifa 13. With all these slider-settings EA can afford to finally deliver a true simulation while offering a semi-arcade-version on default-settings.

I was finding it easy on Pro so moved up to wrold class I started to do well but stopped playing for a week. Now back on World class I can domainte games with more shots but still get beat easy as cpu scores. Also I have to be real concentrted on WC.

So I dropped it back to pro and win easy again oh well what to do eh?

Maybe ill go back on WC and increase cpu shot and pass error?

I was finding it easy on Pro so moved up to wrold class I started to do well but stopped playing for a week. Now back on World class I can domainte games with more shots but still get beat easy as cpu scores. Also I have to be real concentrted on WC.

So I dropped it back to pro and win easy again oh well what to do eh?

Maybe ill go back on WC and increase cpu shot and pass error?

Go Legendary as the CPU opens up more.

Placebo - on which page are your most recent slider settings? I navigated through a few pages but couldn't see them.

Has anyone else noticed weird happenings when you up the pass error? On the one hand, I notice more turnovers which looks more realistic and that's a big plus. But on the other hand there's at least once moment each game where the pass actually goes to a players feet but he ignores it and lets it go out for a throw in.

I have a look at the replay and the player's gestures indicate he is upset complaining that the pass wasn't to his feet. But it looks like the CPU has told the player to ignore it, or pull away slightly, rather than being able to replicate a ball trajectory that is far enough that he can't reach it.

This was with assisted settings and trying to replicate some proper stat based errors. Now I've reverted to full manual to see if I can find a better balance.

Back
Top Bottom