FIFA 12 slider settings & discussion

don%27t+feed+the+troll.jpg

nice slider set Placebo..

what camera do you use with these? and to do make it a little easier without changing the difficulty do you recommend lowering the pass speed and or the power bar as someone else I think mentioned?

I was using JD's camera settings that does shows off the graphics well but I switched to

henrys

Broadcast (Tele)
Individual
Height 18
Zoom 18

it does seem more like PES wide cam and I can pass and move the ball better on this cam

what camera do you use with these? and to do make it a little easier without changing the difficulty do you recommend lowering the pass speed and or the power bar as someone else I think mentioned?

Tele as zoomed out as possible. Yep to make it a bit easier for yourself you could lower the pass speed, pass/shot error, GK on your side, marking by AI etc. etc.

Anyone here mucked around with custom tactics much this year? I haven't as yet, even though I normally do but was interested to see if theres anything to be aware of when using custom tactics in conjunction with slider settings that deviate from the base sliders - e.g. similar sliders to those recommended in this thread.

I have finally decided to try placebos slider settings (especially slow game speed, AI pass error 58 and AI pass speed 85) and I must say improvement is really visible: AI passes and overall gameplay is more "chaotic" and AI has more problems containing passes :TU:
Unfortunately, when AI goes into "Barcelona" mode (usually late in the game if they are loosing), even league 2 teams contain the ball like Zidane.

Also, it is really frustrating that I still have to see my AI opponent shoot more than 3-8 times per match (I play on legendary, 10 minute halfes). :MAD: I have recently played few matches of PES2011 on PS2 and I was shocked when AI started shooting from 15+meters if you leave them the space - that is how it should be in FIFA12.

Last edited:
I do see teams shoot on FIFA but I agree it doesn't happen nearly enough. They like to score cheap cutback goals or headers from 6 yards lol

Yeah - but I also want guys shooting from the edge of the box when there is space. Not passing it sideways and crossing it or passing it to the backpost.

I tried again with FIFA last couple of days. Played around 10 games, and got into it gameplay wise. BUT - even with slider settings an' all, the same old issues remain. Silly scripted 45/90 minute goals, constantly, both for me and the CPU. Also I think it's 67 and 81 seem to crop up a lot too in terms of goal times. Repetitive gameplay, etc etc (we all know the drill). So even if I'm having a half decent time of it for 75% of the game, I feel like a passenger in a game that is more or less a movie.

FIFA is also completely non-contextual too, which ruins it for me. By this I mean Norwich scored a goal yesterday, 45th minute, but it was hilarious a) how the goal came about and then b) the actual execution of the goal. Nothing added up about it at all.

So, here's patiently waiting what this years FIFA offering is, in the meantime it's back to PES until released dates.

What do u guys think about playing online obviously there is no cpu ai. For me its great and addictive the only issue I have is I wish shot power wsa 51 and pass speed increased as online sliders are default.

Tele as zoomed out as possible. Yep to make it a bit easier for yourself you could lower the pass speed, pass/shot error, GK on your side, marking by AI etc. etc.

Hi Placebo, I've been with PES for the past 3 years and decided for some variety in recent weeks to head back to FIFA 12. I used your slider settings and have become mildly addicted!! Cheers mate for making FIFA fun again (and most importantly - a bit more realistic).

Thanks for the kind words, always encouraging to hear from a new convert ;)

Let's hope we can get similar results in Fifa13 to tweak it into the gameplay we want :)

Just used your sliders Placebo - thanks a lot for that. I guess you must've put a lot of time into them. The game certainly feels more realistic, and it's good that there are other players who still play offline.

You're welcome, glad you're enjoying them :) I actually found a decent balance pretty quickly, I guess it was mostly due to playing first with pass speed and instantly seeing how it messed up the AI (in a good way), then it was a case of getting the rest working how I liked it :)

I find that when I start a new CM in League 1 I have to lower some settings because it makes the players too rubbish but then as I get promoted I can raise them back up, the sliders I posted are based on EPL quality players :)

placebo how can i edit slider to make easier but not change gameplay much, doing career in lower leagu and finding it hard to get space to score/shoot.

Hi, these are my sliders settings. I've been working for long time to get a realistic gameplay and for me these sliders works great. I play in world class, slow gameplay and all control assistance in manual. As you can see user and CPU settings are the same except shot and pass error that are so different because I play with manual pass and shot and I don't need extra errors, I do enough wrong passes/shots by myself :)

User/CPU
---------------
Sprint Speed - 47/47
Acceleration - 50/50
Shot Error - 25/50
Pass Error - 25/60
Shot Speed – 45/45
Pass Speed - 40/40
Injury Frequency - 50/50
Injury Severity - 50/50
Goalkeeper Ability - 60/60
Positioning: Marking - 75/75
Positioning: Run Frequency - 95/95
Positioning: Line Height - 60/60
Positioning: Line Length - 34/34
Positioning: Line Width - 27/27
Positioning: Fullback Positioning - 91/91
Power Bar - 50

For more realistic gameplay of FIFA 12, use those exact numbers given:

Sprint(user/cpu): 0
Accln(user/cpu): 66
Shot er(user/cpu): 57
Pass er(user/cpu): 50
Shot speed(user/cpu): 50
Pass speed(user/cpu): 57
Inj freq(user/cpu): 75
Severity(user/cpu): 0
GK(user/cpu): 100
Mark(user/cpu): 100
Run freq(user/cpu): 100
Line ht(user/cpu): 0
Line ln(user/cpu): 0
Line wd(user/cpu): 100
Fullback(user/cpu): 100
Pwr bar(user): 57

Recommended halftime: 20 minutes (be patient to enjoy football)
Recommended defending: legacy
I prefer to keyboard over joypad but this is on to the choice of the user.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom