Fifa 13: Career Mode Discussions

Oh yeah!!! :D

I urge you guys to try a CM mode as 1 player this year.

I'm gonna do both.

It seems there's more depth to it this year than last year with seasonal objectives set for your individual player by the manager, etc.

Too early to say anything conclusive of course.

They're better.

They're much less frequent. Plenty of clubs are LINKED in media with plenty of players just like real life (The transfer gossip) but few actually take place as clubs or players reject the moves.

I've seen only two 2-3 big moves till end of July so far which is normal even in real life. Most players are staying put.

@Paul, make this a sticky please and unsticky the FIFA12 CM mode thread.

Man City just sold Yaya Toure and Tevez before the season's first EPL match and rumours someone is sniffing around Aquero, they haven't signed anyone in yet...

Really enjoying Alan McInally's Soccer Saturday style score and goal updates :)

Other club transfers seem greatly improved, transfer fee negotiation feels worthwhile and plenty of moves out have broken down due to personal term break downs.

So my first Career Mode adventure is underway, taking up the reigns of newly promoted Fleetwood I've already picked up 7 free agent signings into the first team including my first potential young superstar; can't do spoilers on my phone so don't read the next line if you don't want to know:

Pedro Azague 17 year old Bolivian Central Midfielder 63 overal, his stats show him being relatively quick for a CM, a good passer with strong defensive stats, definitely one for the future.

Also I've picked up a potential goal machine in Joshua Kennedy, an Australian powerhouse with 87 heading accuracy and 75 finishing he should hit a fair few this season with the new long midfield quartet which including the young star has a trio of new faces as Finnish centre mid star Väyrynen and Hungarian Left midfielder Halmosi line up.
In defence two new players are introduced in the shape of Paraguayan veterans Mancerino and Bonila.
And new Keeper Bassam completes the new boys for the season.

I didn't play my friendlies they resulted in:
A 1-1 home draw with Chicago Fire
A 1-1 away draw with Sheffield Wednesday
A 2-0 home win against Toronto FC

Our league opener is against Port Vale; to tell you the truth I can't wait, so excited! :)

Man City just sold Yaya Toure and Tevez before the season's first EPL match and rumours someone is sniffing around Aquero, they haven't signed anyone in yet...

Hopefully they didn't go to Arsenal... Was bloody insane how Man City and Arsenl used to basically swap teams.

What difficulty are you guys playing on. I started on World Class and couldn't get any wins 0-0, 1-1, 2-2, then lost 0-2. It just seemed like AI is too smart, like if I try a slide tackle it will move away in the last second, if I make a pass, the guy will come and intercept the ball out of nowhere and also my team plays really bad defence when I'm on WC - the other teams always has a man open outside the box where the CDM should be, but he isn't...So after I switched to Professional it all started to seem a lot more "human" although now it's a bit too easy to score. Hm...

I'd say it is still broken then. Tevez I could see but there is absolutely zero chance that Toure gets transferred for several years.

I honestly don't understand why they don't have the option to have zero transfers during the first window. I would like to start the CM mode with teams like they should be.

Really excited to get going in Career Mode this year, planning to do a first casual CM with my beloved Arsenal just to get the hang of the changes and wait to make sure there aren't any massive bugs or hidden tricks I'm missing.

Long term I plan to do a much deeper career with my other favoured team AS Monaco who look likely to end their slow decline with a Russian millionaire owner and Ranieri as manager.

Anyway I just watched a video showing a glimpse of player and youth developments and it looks like it improved and a bit faster than last year (so you know, you can actually use some of your prospects across the fifteen years)

However one thing I'm finding pretty alarming so far - Transfers! Whilst none are quite as bad as seeing Arsenal and City swap teams every year or Silva go on a merry jaunt round europe, I've seen the vast majority of the following happen in two or three separate CM's on youtube! Are they scripted or something?!

xuIzL.png

Edit: Watched a few more and in two different ones Everton bid £7M for Sagna from Arsenal :TTTH:

Last edited:
I dunno. I only saw one big transfer so far in first window - Balotelli from MC to PSG for 43 mil. The rest were all minor under 25 mil. Deadline transfer day was a pitiful 7.5 mil TOTAL for all the clubs. That was a bit of a joke. Are these videos from FIFA 12 maybe?

Absolutely stunned and disappointed that they removed the VP option from manager mode. That had been one of my favorite features the last couple years.

Also dissapointing that you still can not get rid of recently acquired players in the first transfer window - I started a CM as Spurs thinking I'd get rid of Adebayor and use the funds on a true top class striker but now I think I'll start over with a different team since i can't get rid of him.

Really like what they've done with buying/loaning/negotiations in the transfer market.

Absolutely stunned and disappointed that they removed the VP option from manager mode. That had been one of my favorite features the last couple years.

Also dissapointing that you still can not get rid of recently acquired players in the first transfer window - I started a CM as Spurs thinking I'd get rid of Adebayor and use the funds on a true top class striker but now I think I'll start over with a different team since i can't get rid of him.

Really like what they've done with buying/loaning/negotiations in the transfer market.

Wait, you can no longer assign your VP to a team and manage your VP in career mode?

I dunno. I only saw one big transfer so far in first window - Balotelli from MC to PSG for 43 mil. The rest were all minor under 25 mil. Deadline transfer day was a pitiful 7.5 mil TOTAL for all the clubs. That was a bit of a joke. Are these videos from FIFA 12 maybe?

All definitely from Fifa 13, I just screen capped that particular section to avoid a large image.

Watched a couple more career modes, in two separate ones Juventus were 'interested' in Neuer (madness considering they have that bloke Buffon) although I didn't see whether the transfer actually happened.

Also in one I just watched now the guy playing as Chelsea sold Hilario to Norwich for £0 on a free which prompted the following news story to pop up :CONFUSE: :

ekMCr.png

One massive plus I saw was Christian Benitez of Club América move to Palermo which means transfers can happen across continents, something that never happend in previous Fifas ( i.e. never saw European clubs purchase South American talent)

All definitely from Fifa 13, I just screen capped that particular section to avoid a large image.

Watched a couple more career modes, in two separate ones Juventus were 'interested' in Neuer (madness considering they have that bloke Buffon) although I didn't see whether the transfer actually happened.

Also in one I just watched now the guy playing as Chelsea sold Hilario to Norwich for £0 on a free which prompted the following news story to pop up :CONFUSE: :

ekMCr.png

One massive plus I saw was Christian Benitez of Club América move to Palermo which means transfers can happen across continents, something that never happend in previous Fifas ( i.e. never saw European clubs purchase South American talent)

That's a funny one :LMAO:
Worth every penny...Hm...So it mean's he's completely worthless

So is there a way of putting your VP in your team?

I used to love putting him in Arsenal and playing a normal manager mode so he was one of the players and building him up.

Please tell me I can do it?!

So is there a way of putting your VP in your team?

I used to love putting him in Arsenal and playing a normal manager mode so he was one of the players and building him up.

Please tell me I can do it?!

Yeah if this isn't possible I'll be extremely disappointed, I liked creating a real life Sheffield Wednesday academy player but I don't want to play just as one player :(

Really like the new stuff, like being able to follow scores of games while playing, commentary seems really good and also the reading out of results when you get back to the 'Hub'.

I sold Walcott because he is a dick and I have brought in Llorente.

Had a good game against Sunderland at home won 3-1, but after my second goal they got one straight back, so the game was tight until near the end when I got a 3rd.

Second game of the season away to Liverpool at Anfield, I let in two sloppy goals, they bombarded me at the start and I couldn't handle it, Suarez was playing great. Then I started to control the game and Llorente got a goal before half time to make it 2-1, but as I was attacking and committing more men forward I let in a 3rd with about 25mins to go :(( Llorente got a second and we had 10mins to get the equalizer....we had chances but it didn't happen, Llorente nearly got his Hatrick if it wasn't for a great save by Reina.

Trying out a formation with Arteta as the DM and Wilshere and Cazorla higher up the pitch, it is great attacking, but I am missing another player a bit further back in midfield. Will probably only use it for easier opposition.

Cazorla is great, I really like playing with him.

I am enjoying it so far :DD

These early release transfers seem scripted (mentioned before) Smalling to Sunderland, Mascherano to Manchester United and all the freebies are the same on mine and my friends games..

After some severely poor keeping in the opening games I decided enough was enough and signed a new keeper in the form of Handanovic.
My left back got injured so I picked up 20 year old Egyptian Milo.

Also; anyone else seeing signs of super quick growth? Milo has been with the club 2 games and already grown 1

Sold all my reserve keepers, then Krul breaks his ankle in training and is out for 3 months, fucker! Managed to get a 71 OVR Portuguese kid on loan, just made it a short term loan but hopefully it'll last long enough, else I'm in trouble!

Despite not being listed, Inter let me have Obi on a season loan, score! Just signed André Schürrle for about £6m with Gutierrez making up the rest of it to go the other way, very happy he looks a fantastic prospect! :)

all the freebies are the same on mine and my friends games..

Always are on the first season, why do you think everyone signed John Smith at GK in the first season of Fifa12? ;)

Last edited:
There were no freebies good enough to make money off or play for my Newcastle team but there were a couple of potential squad players, quite possible we signed the same player ;)

All the players were good enough to make the Fleetwood team!
What difficulty are you on for matches? I've been using World Class but I'm going to put it down to Pro, the game is killing me.. Manual controls are taking time to adapt!

Have you got any sliders setting I can nick? Last year yours were brilliant!

As August draws to a close Fleetwood sit 21st in the Npower League 2 with 3 points having managed 3 draws and 2 draws in their opening 5 games.
We've been eliminated from the Capital One Cup following a 3-1 defeat at Liverpool.

Fixtures round up:
NPL2 = Npower League 2
COC= Capital One Cup

NPL2: Port Vale 1-1 Fleetwood
COC: Fleetwood 2-1 Oldham Athletic
NPL2: Fleetwood 0-2 Dagenham
NPL2: Wycombe 1-1 Fleetwood
NPL2: Rochdale 2-1 Fleetwood
NPL2: Fleetwood 2-2 Bristol Rovers
COC: Liverpool 3-1 Fleetwood

The fast player growth I've noticed has continued with these two examples

LB Milo 60/63 All stats have grown by 2 to 4
CM Azogue 63/64 most stats have grown by 1 or 2

And even serval players who have sat the reserves all this time has grown 2 or 3 overall..

Back
Top Bottom