FIFA 14 News & Discussion Thread

Re: FIFA 14 - GAME RELATED TALK ONLY!

Is precise movement some elements of the inertia we've been waiting for such a long time ?

Is precise movement some elements of the inertia we've been waiting for such a long time ?

Pretty much yes.

• Precision Movement was designed to remove the "floaty" or "skating" feel to player movement.

Pretty much yes.

• Precision Movement was designed to remove the "floaty" or "skating" feel to player movement.

There is a nice bit in the video at 43 seconds where messi's momentum takes him past the ball and you can see that he has to readjust his feet to fight against the momentum to accellerate back toward the ball.

If that kind of stuff is in game it will be amazing.

I've officially boarded the hype train :)

if gameplay is slower (slow paced) than it's a very good news.

i find fifa13 gameplay way to fast, even on "slow" setting. it plays and feels arkadish.

if gameplay is slower (slow paced) than it's a very good news.

i find fifa13 gameplay way to fast, even on "slow" setting. it plays and feels arkadish.

Football games will always be faster paced than reality unless you're playing 90 minute games. We're condensing a 90 minute game into 5 minute halves so the action has to be speeded up to create a sense of excitement.

Football games will always be faster paced than reality unless you're playing 90 minute games. We're condensing a 90 minute game into 5 minute halves so the action has to be speeded up to create a sense of excitement.

maybe for you, not for me. i prefer realism against excitement.

play pes and you will see what i mean.

One thing that looks really good without even having played the game is the shooting.All those different trajectories and ways of hitting the ball really missed the game before

Really happy to hear about this precision movement not only for Fifa 14, but for future incarnations.

Only thing I can see being a problem is knobs complaining it is too slow, or you can't run properly etc etc and they dumb it down.

They need to stick to their guns and have some balls and deliver what looks to be very promising.

The Trailer didn't impress but the precision movement has me intrigued, I do find it annoying why FIFA looks so 'cartoony' though which wasn't the case on 08 and 09 and 2010 which I played a lot.

No, not for me. I agree with you. I like the slower pace. But not too slow that the ball moves far too unrealistically. It's all a balancing act due to the time restrictions of the games.

Completely agree. For me, PES 2008-2013 were not at all exciting/fun to play.

All these things (more realistic movement, importance of midfield and patient buildup) have been promised I think every year since FIFA 10 in this or that way. All proposed soultions have been promoted with a fancy name and they've all been skin deep.

Meh..basketball only it is this year.

Fixed for you :)

:)) No you didn't..:TTTH:

2K's bball is a very rich and impressive game and even though I'm not into basketball all that much I play it a lot. Wish current footy games were as good in many aspects.

Biggest worry for me is not a word on single player experience. I personally believe the multi-player/general feel of FIFA is pretty excellent.

But a career-mode junky like me wants to hear that they've improved the single player mode in some way. If it's anything like the current game, the precision movement system will perpetuate the CPU's ability to dance circles around your defense, stop on a dime and change direction at will, while the player you control will always turn into trouble or easily be tackled from behind.

I think both football games have done a great job of introducing more granular controls, but have utterly failed in balancing the single player experience so it doesn't feel 'cheaty'.

There were some small bits of CM news earlier on, but I'm sure there is more to come. This properly rounds off the gameplay stuff presumably, so, game mode stuff will come next. CM is usually first, though, don't be shocked if UT takes its spot.

Yeah the ai always react to your button inputs, not the action on screen. Really annoying.

Yeah the ai always react to your button inputs, not the action on screen. Really annoying.

Exactly! That was always my problem with fifa and what makes the AI so bad for me. I can´t win a tackle just because the CPU always turn one split of a second before the tackle animation is complete, for me that ruins the game.

And it´s not a Fifa exclusive, also in NHL the AI acts the same way, it seems to predict your actions because it reacts at the moment you press the button and not at the moment that the action is being executed on the field/ice.

That for me is bullshit AI!

Exactly! That was always my problem with fifa and what makes the AI so bad for me. I can´t win a tackle just because the CPU always turn one split of a second before the tackle animation is complete, for me that ruins the game.

And it´s not a Fifa exclusive, also in NHL the AI acts the same way, it seems to predict your actions because it reacts at the moment you press the button and not at the moment that the action is being executed on the field/ice.

That for me is bullshit AI!

That makes me feel SO much better. Not just my imagination then.

The best (only?) way to defend in FIFA is to simply force the CPU to think. If you don't try to challenge them they're useless. It's almost like a cheat.

The trailer was crap, but what saved the day for me were these announcements for the new Dribbling and Shooting features. No more of your Striker failing to take a shot close range from an incoming cross. No BS where the Defenders can keep up with and incoming speedster because of the variable speed curves. No more BS auto tackle whiffs. Finally, some freedom when dribbling.

FIFA 14 on CG will end on a high note.

Feels like a lot of people want a complete graphical overhaul before they'll care?

Back
Top Bottom