FIFA 14 News & Discussion Thread

Re: FIFA 14 - General Discussion

Intel i7 2.6 GHz (can go up to 3.8 but it is not needed for fifa 14), 12 GB ram and an old gfx card ATI 4890 (no need to upgrade, even this is too good for fifa).
Xbox 360 runs I think at 720p (1280x720, 30 fps, no AA?) while PC and next gen consoles run at 1920x1080 60fps.
AA 4x gives you smoother edges.
The biggest difference between pc and xbox 360 is that pc loads menus much faster and going through sub-menus like team management is much faster on pc.

yes not much of a difference like PES 2014 PS3 version has compared to the PC version, but still better not to watch a blurry image :) and much faster yes, and because Fifa saves all the time, waiting is a disaster on console

Intel i7 2.6 GHz (can go up to 3.8 but it is not needed for fifa 14), 12 GB ram and an old gfx card ATI 4890 (no need to upgrade, even this is too good for fifa).
Xbox 360 runs I think at 720p (1280x720, 30 fps, no AA?) while PC and next gen consoles run at 1920x1080 60fps.
AA 4x gives you smoother edges.
The biggest difference between pc and xbox 360 is that pc loads menus much faster and going through sub-menus like team management is much faster on pc.

Interesting. And the gameplay, especially the speed? On the pc, I selected slow speed, slider (decreases speed and acceleration of about 40) and still think the game very fast, the movement and reaction of the players is too fast, unreal. If the game is in the rain is nicer (slower), but with good weather is also too fast. What is the experience of you PC game? And on xbox?Is there a way to slow the gameplay?

Last edited:

hi gessinger. brazilian? gremista? hate your songs =D

from what i've seen in youtube videos and from the feedback i received from console gamers about my pc sliders, i'd guess the game speed is about the same. there seems to be no gameplay difference between pc and old-gen consoles.

the only options for decreasing the pace are really setting game speed to slow and reducing the sprint speed and acceleration sliders. but i'm wowed by how you think 40sprint/40accel is still fast, i tried settings close to this in the past and i found to be ppppppppaaaaaaiiinnnnffffuuuully slow.

btw, i play with everything maxxed out, vsync on and 2x msaa. i have a lot of stuttering if i set antialiasing on 4x. i7 2.6ghz, 6gb ram, ati 5870 here, but my system is full of trash and my hdd is kinda dying.

from what i've seen in youtube videos and from the feedback i received from console gamers about my pc sliders, i'd guess the game speed is about the same. there seems to be no gameplay difference between pc and old-gen consoles.

the only options for decreasing the pace are really setting game speed to slow and reducing the sprint speed and acceleration sliders. but i'm wowed by how you think 40sprint/40accel is still fast, i tried settings close to this in the past and i found to be ppppppppaaaaaaiiinnnnffffuuuully slow.

btw, i play with everything maxxed out, vsync on and 2x msaa. i have a lot of stuttering if i set antialiasing on 4x. i7 2.6ghz, 6gb ram, ati 5870 here, but my system is full of trash and my hdd is kinda dying.

Yes, Brazilian and Gremista!

if in addition to being brazilian and gremista, your face kinda looks like a long-haired goat, be aware i was kidding, i actually love your songs! :BEER:

an i7 + 6gb + AMD 5870 should maxed out any FIFA game. The stuttering must not be because your system has inadequate raw power, something else i guess. :BYE:

yeah. as i said, my hdd is screaking a lot. my system is working slow as hell overall. 3.5 year old computer with heavy use, i believe there's a lot of components with malfunction, almost fried my cpu some months earlier because the cooler was clogged with scary black dust of death.

True, we have a similar system and yours gfx is much better so there should be no stuttering.
Gessinger, IMO there is no difference in gameplay speed between 360 and pc but try playing with game settings (60 fps/no limit of fps, vsync etc). Also, playing on monitor instead of large tv IMO gives you you an impression of faster gameplay.

hey hey hey. my pc must have been in a bad day when i tried 4x aa and got stuttering. i tried it again today and got steady 60fps even with adaptive multisampling and edge-detect filter enabled in the catalyst options. :APPLAUD:

nope, i "only" have ps3 and pc versions soon

i played around 300 matches online with the ps3 version, now about to swithc for pc because of the modding and graphics, just wait till xmas to get the original game from my brother as a present, because now i still have exams this week

but im really into it, so much depth it has, more than the recent PES games, the diversity, immersion is what im digging, tho the players feel a bit weightless but who cares, and speed can be toned down with the sliders too

soon is start a career after many, many years, and ultimate team looks really cool but i also want to wint the 1st division in season, so there is many achievements ahead :)

nope, i "only" have ps3 and pc versions soon

i played around 300 matches online with the ps3 version, now about to swithc for pc because of the modding and graphics, just wait till xmas to get the original game from my brother as a present, because now i still have exams this week

but im really into it, so much depth it has, more than the recent PES games, the diversity, immersion is what im digging, tho the players feel a bit weightless but who cares, and speed can be toned down with the sliders too

soon is start a career after many, many years, and ultimate team looks really cool but i also want to wint the 1st division in season, so there is many achievements ahead :)

Ha good to hear it. I've been flirting with this, PES, and old PES5.

But now i am about to start a career with Spurs. Hoping to get them into the Champions League. Disabled transfer window to begin with but come January i'm hoping to get a top striker.

NG looks and sounds good but really can't afford it at the moment. I have a gaming laptop that keeps over heating. Once i get it sorted i will probably get it for that for the modding. Playing on PS3 at the moment.

Okay, so need a bit of feedback guys.

Been playing PES 2014 on PC, thinking of getting it for the X-box 360 or the PS3, but hear it's not that great on either of them, perhaps the Xbox is better, I don't know.

So, what about FIFA 2014 on Xbox/PS3. What's it like?

Can any of you (preferably if you are both PES and FIFA players) give me a quick breakdown of what is the better game (gameplay wise) and on which console the games play best on?

Ta.

my fifa has just updated on PC..not sure what it changes as i have been playing with a mod for the last few weeks and only just reinstalled..plays alot better than the mod though

Since reinstalling Fifa 14, I've been getting slowdown from time to time; sometimes the game is silky smooth, sometimes it stutters quite badly. I have applied the 'SCREEN_SLEEP' fix - what else do I need to do? It was running beautifully before all the time.

Also I've been playing this Career for a few days now and this has only started happening today. If I so much as breathe on a player, I'm getting sent off; this is also happening to other players. Sometimes there isn't even an attempt to tackle: players are getting straight reds for colliding with each other!!

Anyone else getting this and is there a known fix? I was enjoying this career but this BS has ruined it for me.

Been playing PES 2014 on PC, thinking of getting it for the X-box 360 or the PS3, but hear it's not that great on either of them, perhaps the Xbox is better, I don't know.

Can any of you (preferably if you are both PES and FIFA players) give me a quick breakdown of what is the better game (gameplay wise) and on which console the games play best on?

Ta.

dunno now, i wanted to make a move to the pc version BUT

i am not even exaggerating here when I say 75% of the goals scored against me online come from lob passes. One annoying/ buggy thing that happens to me is that the defender marking the pass receiver runs AWAY from the ball as soon as the pass is made, leading to the receiver getting fully open for the goal.

This is incredibly frustrating because players time and time keep exploiting this bug and score against me. Does anyone know why the defender runs away like this and how to prevent it? Also what else are some good ways to defend against players who do nothing but put on a give and go coupled with a lob pass in the end.

Is this present on other platforms too?

Last edited:
Since reinstalling Fifa 14, I've been getting slowdown from time to time; sometimes the game is silky smooth, sometimes it stutters quite badly. I have applied the 'SCREEN_SLEEP' fix - what else do I need to do? It was running beautifully before all the time.

Also I've been playing this Career for a few days now and this has only started happening today. If I so much as breathe on a player, I'm getting sent off; this is also happening to other players. Sometimes there isn't even an attempt to tackle: players are getting straight reds for colliding with each other!!

Anyone else getting this and is there a known fix? I was enjoying this career but this BS has ruined it for me.

Anyone able to help with the slowdown issue?

Ta.

360 version is plagued with freezing issue. Steer away from it.

dunno now, i wanted to make a move to the pc version BUT

i am not even exaggerating here when I say 75% of the goals scored against me online come from lob passes. One annoying/ buggy thing that happens to me is that the defender marking the pass receiver runs AWAY from the ball as soon as the pass is made, leading to the receiver getting fully open for the goal.

This is incredibly frustrating because players time and time keep exploiting this bug and score against me. Does anyone know why the defender runs away like this and how to prevent it? Also what else are some good ways to defend against players who do nothing but put on a give and go coupled with a lob pass in the end.

Is this present on other platforms too?

ok i overreacted, the game is not broken :BOP: my brother revealed the secret

just switch from "cover" defence to "offside trap" in costume tactics and also set player switching to manual

much lesser succesful lobbed passes forward

im loving this game! :)

Ta.

I have both games for PC, and I enjoy FIFA 14 more than PES.
it's true that out of the box PES is better gameplay-wise, but after tweaking the sliders to my liking I think FIFA offers more variety and recreates a bigger number of situations you'll see on the pitch.

If you are buying FIFA, though, I suggest you get it for PC, you can patch it and add NT kits, adboards, faces etc, they improve the game a lot.

exactly ;) (sliders are the values that Nesa and Yair tries to modify every year in the pes pc exe fileto make the game somewhat acceptable, here you can do it in the game menu by yourslef, even during matches and it works 100%)

Buying it today on PC. Not played FIFA since 2010 so should be interesting, not expecting much but should entertain me for a couple weeks.

I'm still enjoying it. Playing Ultimate team for the first time and loving it. Even though it does seem that the worlds against you at times.

you can have a record of 4W/1D/0L needing only two points with 5 games left and with all the will in the world it won't let you get that promotion.

Currently in Div2 with a good squad so can't complain. Just think the matchmaking side of things is slightly fixed or maybe I'm just paranoid :)

Played two games against the AI and hated it.

Is there more 'under the hood' that comes apparent the more you play or is that it? Just seems like FIFA 10 with better animations so far. Really weird ball physics that seem to speed up at random.

I can suspend my belief and enjoy an arcade game but there seems no depth to this. Waste of £17.

"An error has occurred, and you are no longer synced with the online match"

i get this every time i try to play with or against Barcelona online in seasons, played lot of matches with other teams no problem

looked after this, and it was reported in september on the EA forum but the link where i could follow the process of fixing this was broken by now. played around 200 games on PS3 till now, there was nothing like this, i have this on PC and sure has nothing to do with unofficial mods

anyone better informed?

Custom Chants are not available for Creation Centre teams? It seems like everytime i want to attach a chant for any downloaded team it stays on defeault?

Any hardcore fifa fan can confirm this?
thx

have to eat my words somewhat as im actually really enjoying it right now.

it has an almost old school feel to it.

Back
Top Bottom