FIFA 14 News & Discussion Thread

After abandoning FIFA online gaming, as the majority of people there were more robotic than the CPU itself...

I'm enjoying the game with Moddingway Mod 1.30 and updates disabled (I think it's basically retail gameplay). I don't know why EA ruined the game with the patches, the game is decent to play vs CPU in retail, so I spend time playing some Champions Leagues (funny how they tried to recreate the atmosphere without licenses, as a placeholder for the (maybe) upcoming deal) and World Cups. It has a slightly over-the-top gameplay, with some silly moments, but anyway it's a fun game to play, and of course a much better game than FIFA 13.

Last edited:
umm xp points make you better online? im over about 50 matches and just promoted to div2 in seasons with the help of some extra wins and draws from catalogue(skipping almost div3) and...wow compared to div4, the players arent play better just feel like...their team is stronger, faster, make no mistake almost, superior in air play, keepers even better, i would accept it that i suck compared to the top players, hell for sure, but every opponnent was SUPERIOR, even the speed differences between players dissapeared i couldnt outrun Azpiluiluicuicieta with Kagawa, NEVER for example, scoring with header? no chance...after relegation the same goes for div3, crazy, took the whole joy away, div4 is kinda ok, my level...even in xp points. feels like does that matter like in other online games, seems such a bullshit, hope its placebo and in div3,2,1 monster players play only

it speek for itself: i got 8 loss before, 42 win and 8 draw...now i got more than 20 loss, just lost tonight nothing else

Last edited:
there is defo something funky about this game...just won 10-15 matches in a row promoted from div 3 to div 1 in Seasons....and now 5 consecutive losses xD

let me tell you there is nothing special about the players in div 1, but i still conceded in every matche 5 goals at least these goal were rebound goals, fantastic give away goals, corners -crosses(headers ofcourse)...ridicilous, just instantly

felt that the CPU/AI created the opportunities for the opponents with making my defenders dumber and make fantastic lucky chances in the sake of...if its like im not belong yet to the div 1 so i have to be relegated, fucking fantastic, every cross is a goal, im sure after one more relegation from div1 the CPU/AI cheat will go away and im gonna smash everyone again

not overreacting at all, well its still better than pes

Last edited:
hi can anyone help im at my wits end trying to fix this, I brought a new laptop and installed FIFA and it worked fine on medium settings I didnt change anything except the BIOs for the laptop which I updated and cannot roll back.

since then the game runs at 60fps according to fraps but its just that the game looks ...weird like its lagging while moving? like its micro stuttering constantly but the menus ect are all fast as anything anyway here is my specs should i be able to play this without problems?

Intel (R)core(TM) i3-3110M cpu@ 2.40ghz
6GB RAM
Nvidia Geforce 630m 1GB
windows 8 64U

just did a fraps benchmark test here is the results

2014-02-10 21:31:57 - fifa14
Frames: 9253 - Time: 162563ms - Avg: 56.919 - Min: 35 - Max: 92

its strange the game lags when the balls moving but when its still everyone moves smooth

Hmm, I wonder what the framerate is when the ball just keeps rolling and rolling and rolling..., like it so often does in this years FIFA?

1000fps on long balls by my calculation just enough that they go out of the pitch everytime

noticed im getting drops of 10-12fps when players pass the ball its like the game trying to catch up

Hi!

Is there a way to fix the lack of callnames for custom teams?

The German version has 17! names to choose from...nothing compared to the English commentary.

I really would like to create a custom team with my favourite players but when I add licensed players in EA's conrol center the names are never used.
No commentary names is boring. :(

Is there a workaround?

is there a way to fix ur career when it says it's corrupted? after installing the latest moddingway mod, i keep getting that error.

nope, because the database wich u choosed when you started your career changed with the update, and any change causes error in the save file.

downgrade it if u know how OR
try to make a back up of your career save and uninstall the whole thing(patch, fifa im not sure because mwm doesnt have an uninstall exe) and install the Moddingway patch untill the version u had originally when you started the career, then u had the clear, original database witch wich u started and the game will accept it, it should ...i guess :)

nope, because the database wich u choosed when you started your career changed with the update, and any change causes error in the save file.

downgrade it if u know how OR
try to make a back up of your career save and uninstall the whole thing(patch, fifa im not sure because mwm doesnt have an uninstall exe) and install the Moddingway patch untill the version u had originally when you started the career, then u had the clear, original database witch wich u started and the game will accept it, it should ...i guess :)

I think if you're running Win7 (maybe 8 as well) you can right click on the db file that is in there, and click "Restore Previous Version" and it should have a list of the date to be restored. I did that when I had accidentally overwritten my DB.

Yes, there is.

As for camera it's the camera they removed. Sadly.

But if you tried demo you should know it's the new default camera for NG version :P.

Yes, there is.

As for camera it's the camera they removed. Sadly.

But if you tried demo you should know it's the new default camera for NG version :P.

Is there anyway to add it (I am on the PC as well)? I do remember from the demo that you mention it.

Bit the bullet and bought a key for Fifa14 to try out some of the PC mods and decide if I want to go with PC for Fifa15, so other than moddingway is there anything in particular people recommend? I want my game to have the look and feel of a real match when watching on TV so real adboards, real logos and scoreboards etc. etc. And then of course I want realistic gameplay as much as possible and any useful career mode fixes/tweaks? :)

Bit the bullet and bought a key for Fifa14 to try out some of the PC mods and decide if I want to go with PC for Fifa15, so other than moddingway is there anything in particular people recommend? I want my game to have the look and feel of a real match when watching on TV so real adboards, real logos and scoreboards etc. etc. And then of course I want realistic gameplay as much as possible and any useful career mode fixes/tweaks? :)

Moddingway gives you almost all, except gameplay mods (the user created scoreboards except for World Cup are terrible in my eyes though, so sticking with original ESPN ones from EA :D).

As for gameplay mods I can recommend this one:

http://www.soccergaming.com/forums/showthread.php?t=187577

Here you might want to rename rna.ini to cl.ini (as rna.ini didn't work for me, cl.ini does)

Or if you want to try something completely different:

http://www.soccergaming.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3685652&postcount=547

But you need 3rd party application to use it (Cheat Engine 6.3). However, the results are pretty damn nice (and it will be further tweaked according to AP, so user sliders wouldn't change and only few values would change for AI in later versions :P).

Hope that helps :).

Thanks for the suggestions will check them out, bit shocked that Moddingway needs 10 downloads and installs (starting with 1.7.1) seems a pretty poor way to distribute the mod, but I'm new to the PC Fifa scene so I shouldn't complain ;)

Back
Top Bottom