FIFA 14 News & Discussion Thread

Found this career mode mod: http://www.moddingway.com/forums/thread-23205.html absolutely the kind of thing I was looking for and what would make me lean towards PC for Fifa 15!

I tried to find an updated transfers roster and I found a few which I moved to My documents/Fifa 14 but every time I tried to load them in game it said they were corrupt? :(

Latest 2.8.0 Moddingway patch should fix the transfers issue imo (as squads files won't work with MW patch).

Just select DB 6.0 in Moddingway selector ;).

moddingway is a good base and have different databases, extra teams etc but i prefer the defeault db with extra kits only. then to add faces, adboards, backgrounds i use Jenkey's Fileloader. drag and drop like in PES :DD im a lazy ass.

Latest 2.8.0 Moddingway patch should fix the transfers issue imo (as squads files won't work with MW patch).

Just select DB 6.0 in Moddingway selector ;).

Ahhhh! I was being a smidge blonde, when I saw the list of different DB's I thought they were all variations because they have different names etc. I thought that the DB 4.0 Matrix one sounded quite cool so I chose that one, it hadn't registered with me that 1.0 was the first db and 6.0 the last, makes sense of course!

Edit: Started the game with DB 6.0 and it's still really old and outdated, Wednesday have players who were on loan but left well before last season ended for example :(

Last edited:
Ahhhh! I was being a smidge blonde, when I saw the list of different DB's I thought they were all variations because they have different names etc. I thought that the DB 4.0 Matrix one sounded quite cool so I chose that one, it hadn't registered with me that 1.0 was the first db and 6.0 the last, makes sense of course!

How are you finding the PC version compared to next gen?

Started the game with DB 6.0 and it's still really old and outdated, Wednesday have players who were on loan but left well before last season ended for example :(

How are you finding the PC version compared to next gen?

Well I've only played one match so far just to try things out, got surprisingly poor performance considering my specs (can run Watch Dogs at Ultra for goodness sake!). Menus are nice and smooth etc and starting a new CM was crazy fast. Still working on getting it modded to my liking before I play it properly :)

Could be a while unfortunately, still trying to get an updated roster/squadfile from somewhere :(

You have Origin version?

If so run moddingway selector WITH administrative rights and MAKE SURE EA Update is DISABLED.

Also, in Game\Data move files from loc-licensed to loc. Overwrite when needed.

(when installing MW mods from 1.7.1 onwards I hope you made it the right way. Unpack 1.7.1 AIO to FIFA 14 directory and run Moddingway Installer. Wait until it's Ready. Then unpack 1.8.0 (overwrite files) and run Moddingway installer again, do the same for EVERY part until 2.8.0).

You NEED to install EACH part separately or else you might end up with screwed up DB and teams. Hope that helps a bit.

Had many people asking this on my YT channel on how to install that thing correctly :LOL:.

Yeah I got that all done and it's patched to MW 2.8, but DB 6 is still very out of date, not sure what date it's supposed to be but it looks like it's something like Winter transfers this January, I want later than that if possible so squads are updated with transfers that have happened since the close of the season, for example players released on free transfers when clubs announced their release list (happened a few weeks ago for most clubs), then stuff like Luiz to PSG etc. etc.

Yeah I got that all done and it's patched to MW 2.8, but DB 6 is still very out of date, not sure what date it's supposed to be but it looks like it's something like Winter transfers this January, I want later than that if possible so squads are updated with transfers that have happened since the close of the season, for example players released on free transfers when clubs announced their release list (happened a few weeks ago for most clubs), then stuff like Luiz to PSG etc. etc.

Ah that might come with later updates as they concentrated on World Cup DB to be as correct as possible.

Ah that might come with later updates as they concentrated on World Cup DB to be as correct as possible.

Yeah I managed to find a more updated one but then it clearly hadn't received the love and attention that MW's DB has received, so I think I'll bite the bullet and update my team myself and go with that. Trying to figure out how to update the English leagues so it starts with the correct promoted/relegated teams now!

I have tried every other place I know to ask, can anyone here gift my a youth scout thing on XB360, from level 87 or above? It will take me forever to get that extra level!

When you've played Fifa14 on PS4 for half a year you forget how fugly last gen is, I really feel sorry for PC owners who bought Fifa14 when it came out :(

At least Fifa15 will be decent on PC!

I find it really slow and sluggish, not sure if it's the mods or just the last gen PC version but I already changed from slow to normal and still find it too slow!

Ended up messing up my install so having to start over again, currently installing the 10 modding way patches then I'll back up the whole folder before trying some of the smaller mods/patches.

Love that I can do stuff like disable the scouting necessity (can see all stats/OVR and values for all players!)

I have found CG sluggish and unresponsive compared to next gen, it's not really about the speed the game is played at just the feeling that even skillful wingers have the turning circle of a D3 centre back!

I have found CG sluggish and unresponsive compared to next gen, it's not really about the speed the game is played at just the feeling that even skillful wingers have the turning circle of a D3 centre back!

THANK YOU PLACEBO for that post. So it wasn't just me bashing FIFA 14 CG for that :D.

I felt dribbling with Messi was cumbersome, something I needed to confirm on FIFA 13. Nope. Not such thing happens on FIFA 13 alright ;).

Now players on FIFA 14 CG feel like they have massive overweigth and turn like tanks :LOL:.

Yeah, people saying there is no weigth to FIFA 14, didn't play it much I guess (compared to that PES 2014 feels light and nimble xD).

I played a friendly on fast and it definitely improves the responsiveness a bit more, not quite NG levels but closer, hopefully with slider tweaks I can find a decent balance :)

Currently rebuilding modded Fifa to my tastes prior to starting a new CM, will be something along the lines of:

• Moddingway 2.8
  • Improved Career Mode 2.0
  • Skip Language select + fast start from Better Career Patch
  • Couple of personal taste ini tweaks (5* scouts cost about £50k, some tweaks to increase transfer activity all round)
Then finally I'll update the leagues based on 13/14 promotion/relegation, do the English transfers that happened in the last couple of months and that'll do for this year!

Hey guys, I have a couple of mates who are looking to get Xbox One's when FIFA 15 comes out and they are hoping we can keep records of each other's matches online vs each other. Either as a league or community etc. Is this possible on FIFA? I don't own FIFA 14 but last one I had you could create private leagues and it would keep the stats for you.

Did anyone figure out to way to make FIFA 14 play more like PES does. By that I mean, build up is slower and less end to end actions. More playing time on the middle and midfield battle.

If you're on PC there's a number of gameplay mods which certainly aim to slow down the gameplay and buildup, on console you're limited to sliders which can only do so much.

If you're on PC there's a number of gameplay mods which certainly aim to slow down the gameplay and buildup, on console you're limited to sliders which can only do so much.

I am playing with paulv2k4 gameplay patch on PC and using Matt's latest sliders and it feels quite nice. Any other things I can do?

Knew I would eventually come back to this beauty. When tactics worked and you could tell Xavi from Bebe from their passing.

FIFA 14 was exceptional. Had proper team and player individuality.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom