FIFA 14 Nostalgia (PC, Sliders)

Matt10

International
5 February 2004
I was playing around with FIFA 14 PC, moddingway constantly being updated which is great. Had to sneak in some commentary as well. I just love how the game played and how it truly looked like the beautiful game. Mix of bad passes, defensive mistakes (not exploits) shot from distance, etc. I think FIFA 14, with Fidel's 2.3 GP (to get more fouls), really is where the best football was played.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pzFjwSt978I

If interested, here are the sliders from the video:

10-15 Minutes, WC/Legendary, Slow/Normal

Sprint: 50/50
Acceleration: 50/50
Shot Error: 51/51
Pass Error: 56/56
Shot Speed: 51/51
Pass Speed: 45/45
Injury Freq: 50/50
Injury Severity: 50/50
GK Ability: 48/48
Marking: 85/85
Run Freq: 1/0
Height: 53/53
Length: 65/65
Width: 55/55
FB Positioning: 90/90
FT Control Error: 55/55

do you have a link to fidel's file? or what line do you use to get more fouls?

Last edited:
Hey Matt,

Would you recommend this over '15 with your sliders? I need something to get me thru the new releases adn a 10 dollars FIFA 14 might be a good idea. I want a realistic game and your sliders usually provide them.
Thanks

I am getting extremely serious stuttering on Windows 10. Can't play this game. FIFA 15 and all other game is fine.

Hey Matt,

Would you recommend this over '15 with your sliders? I need something to get me thru the new releases adn a 10 dollars FIFA 14 might be a good idea. I want a realistic game and your sliders usually provide them.
Thanks

I would recommend 14 over 15 to be perfectly honest. It's quite refreshing. Bear in mind, I only play FIFA 14 PC (old-gen) so haven't tested these on PS4/Xb1.

I am getting extremely serious stuttering on Windows 10. Can't play this game. FIFA 15 and all other game is fine.

I remember that being very common for the game. I installed and then installed the moddingway mod and the stuttering seemed to have disappeared. I'm not saying that was the main fix, but it seems to have helped. I know in window mode it seemed the stuttering was lowered.

Also, here is an updated video with the most current settings. I used a little bit of the OS sliders as a base for some areas as well - translated great, I'd say...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Whh8Ws9lYI

hi mat10, can you suggest me a list of the best mods for fifa 14??
i've just installed it in my pc..
thanks in advance

The best one is the moddingway mod for FIFA 14:

http://www.moddingway.com/news/6230.html

They are going to have the absolute update near the end of this month it looks like, but will be totally worth it.

I will be reposting the sliders modified tomorrow. Trying to upload some more gameplay as well. Can't put this game down!

The best one is the moddingway mod for FIFA 14:

http://www.moddingway.com/news/6230.html

They are going to have the absolute update near the end of this month it looks like, but will be totally worth it.

I will be reposting the sliders modified tomorrow. Trying to upload some more gameplay as well. Can't put this game down!

Are you in Windows 10?

Can you please post instruction on how you installed the moddingway mod? I keep crashing when there is a replay and there is a stutter when I play. This is my specs:

CPU: amd fx 9590(8 cores) OC'ed 5.2 GHz
Ram: 16gb
GPU: EVGA GTX 780Ti 3gb
Storage: HDD 7200 RPM 2 TB.
PSU: EVGA 120g2 1000watt gold

Last edited:
try going to game settings and unchecking "Wait for Vsync" and checking "lock to 60fps". fixed all lag for me

it's frustrating to play fifa14 after playing fifa15. the dribbling and ball retention in 15 is so much nicer, you don't get the ball poked away so easily -_- we need a hybrid game. everything else is better... the pace of the game, the way the AI plays, the physical battles and passing not being so reliable

Last edited:
try going to game settings and unchecking "Wait for Vsync" and checking "lock to 60fps". fixed all lag for me

it's frustrating to play fifa14 after playing fifa15. the dribbling and ball retention in 15 is so much nicer, you don't get the ball poked away so easily -_- we need a hybrid game. everything else is better... the pace of the game, the way the AI plays, the physical battles and passing not being so reliable

I agree. I am going to try a reinstall again and see how it goes. For moddingway, do you guys do anything except using the automatic installation? Also, I heard Fidel's gameplay patch makes the dribbling more manageable.

I agree. I am going to try a reinstall again and see how it goes. For moddingway, do you guys do anything except using the automatic installation? Also, I heard Fidel's gameplay patch makes the dribbling more manageable.

Yes, Fidel's 2.3 is what I have tried, have not tried the latest. I just use it to get more fouls - and that's more than what FIFA 15 does despite my best efforts with sliders.

14 feels much more manageable, more controlled. My players do not feel loose and best of all, the defensive line reacts. SO many times in my video the defender meets the forward to the ball, or sometimes through them - these are fundamentals of defense, and I think FIFA 14, with the right sliders, accomplished that.

Most recent video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0olAR4ElUTw

Sliders used:

A classic mis-match of a beautiful rivalry. Rangers 61 overall hosting Celtic 70 overall; can it go Rangers way as the hosts!? Stay tuned!

Sliders used (modified since last video)

World Class/Legendary, 10-15 mins, All Manual

Sprint: 52/53
Acc: 50/49
Pass Speed: 35/35
Inj Freq: 50/50
Inj Sev: 50/50
Marking: 49/49
Run Freq: 1/1
Width: 65/66
FB: 90/90
FT Control: 100/100

Enjoy! -- Watch my streams at http://www.twitch.tv/matt10l

Hey Matt, keep the videos coming, i really enjoy them. I picked up '14 for 10 bucks to test it out on PS4. I tried your sliders and it played nice, most importantly it was fun, although I haven't gotten used to the player movement as I have always been on PES . I just got a few games in (loved the broadcast camera but found it difficult to visualize the passes).

I think I had settled on your previous sliders (will update to these) . but I need to get used to the game more as I'm struggling in WC (as long as I don't see any scripting..). Thanks

PS: Bad part is I thought there was roster share as in NCAA, but apparently rosters only go to whatever EA updated it to.

PS#2: What do you think of PES 16 demo?

Hey Matt, keep the videos coming, i really enjoy them. I picked up '14 for 10 bucks to test it out on PS4. I tried your sliders and it played nice, most importantly it was fun, although I haven't gotten used to the player movement as I have always been on PES . I just got a few games in (loved the broadcast camera but found it difficult to visualize the passes).

I think I had settled on your previous sliders (will update to these) . but I need to get used to the game more as I'm struggling in WC (as long as I don't see any scripting..). Thanks

PS: Bad part is I thought there was roster share as in NCAA, but apparently rosters only go to whatever EA updated it to.

PS#2: What do you think of PES 16 demo?

Nice, man. It's a solid game, especially to wait for FIFA 16.

Yeah, I use PC so moddingway is my source of course. Although my PC has been acting up (origin primarily) so I haven't been able to play for almost 2 days!

PES 16 demo looks better than 14 and 15 combined, but still has the lack of a human element from the CPU/AI that I would like to see. 10-12 consecutive passes then a shot on goal does not seem to represent the game IRL ;)

Just got my FIFA 14 to work. I am enjoying FIFA 14 with Fidel's Gameplay Patch, Moddingway patch and your sliders so much. Way way better than FIFA 15 in terms of everything and I see the results are all based of stronger opponents or opponents that I cannot penetrate the defense on. If I am the bigger team, they will try to sit back and hit me on counter attack with a nice long pass. Loving it!

I'm always behind, **** paying £300 for the PS4 and £40 for a new game, I can't afford it! Anyway right now I'm playing FIFA World Cup 2014 on PS3, it's the best FIFA since 98 RTTWC imo.

I see this thread came back to live. I still find AI in FIFA 14 superior to FIFA 16. If only we could have the fluidity and the dribbling of FIFA 16 in FIFA 14, it would be the perfect game ever.

I see this thread came back to live. I still find AI in FIFA 14 superior to FIFA 16. If only we could have the fluidity and the dribbling of FIFA 16 in FIFA 14, it would be the perfect game ever.

i feel completely opposite. with fifa 14 is like playing some previus modern pes games, you always have more ball possesion than cpu, almost no fouls, it's same if you play vs barcelona or inter (no difference at all), responsiveness is bad...

i find fifa 12, 11 and 13 (in that specific order) overall better games than fifa 14.

I'm with you on this. AI and especially team tactics are way more varied in FIFA 14 than they are in FIFA 16 (especially after the patches that came throughout the year and that crippled team tactics a little in FIFA 16). I always thought that, when i need of a goal, teams tend to play all the same in FIFA 16, a thing that I notice less in FIFA 14.
Of course FIFA 16 has a lot of advantages over FIFA 14 (better graphics and atmosphere, the chance to perform driven passes, better dribbling options and fluidity) and FIFA 14 has a huge flaw that is overpowered standing tackles (a thing that is toned way down in FIFA 16), but all in all I think FIFA 14 holds up pretty well compared to its most recent counterpart.
I've been swinging back and forth between 14 and 16 over time in terms of preference, as it's a very close call to me, and I might not be able to definitively pick one over the other.

Thanks to this thread and The FIFA 14 Classic Patch, I've found some rejuvenation in FIFA 14. The sliders below are what i'm using right now on Professional and Semi Assisted shooting and passing and it's like a totally different game alongside his cl.ini from earlier in the thread.

The presentation and aesthetics aren't quite of the standard of FIFA 16 which is the only downer for me, Celebrations are incredibly flat and abrupt, This was when you god damn teams rugby tackle you after every goal ruining the euphoria of celebrating a great goal and i miss the little reaction cutscenes after key moments they introduced in the PS4 games.

But nonetheless, The animations are just as fantastic as 16's and I think the Inertia especially with the aforementioned .ini and sliders are probably a little better than 16's too. I had a few matches over the week and I kept wanting just one more match, The random on the ball moments are always exciting and leave you trying different things again and again.

Yes, Fidel's 2.3 is what I have tried, have not tried the latest. I just use it to get more fouls - and that's more than what FIFA 15 does despite my best efforts with sliders.

14 feels much more manageable, more controlled. My players do not feel loose and best of all, the defensive line reacts. SO many times in my video the defender meets the forward to the ball, or sometimes through them - these are fundamentals of defense, and I think FIFA 14, with the right sliders, accomplished that.

Most recent video:

Sliders used:

A classic mis-match of a beautiful rivalry. Rangers 61 overall hosting Celtic 70 overall; can it go Rangers way as the hosts!? Stay tuned!

Sliders used (modified since last video)

World Class/Legendary, 10-15 mins, All Manual

Sprint: 52/53
Acc: 50/49
Pass Speed: 35/35
Inj Freq: 50/50
Inj Sev: 50/50
Marking: 49/49
Run Freq: 1/1
Width: 65/66
FB: 90/90
FT Control: 100/100

Enjoy! -- Watch my streams at

i ask again, how do we properly install "cl.ini"?
Sorry, I believe we just paste it onto our FIFA 14/Game folder.

However as i have the Classic Patch installed, It already has the revolution mod so I don't need to regenerate anyway.

I'm not sure if you was installing into a vanilla installation of FIFA 14, If you'd need to regenerate in order for it to be active.

Sorry, I believe we just paste it onto our FIFA 14/Game folder.

However as i have the Classic Patch installed, It already has the revolution mod so I don't need to regenerate anyway.

I'm not sure if you was installing into a vanilla installation of FIFA 14, If you'd need to regenerate in order for it to be active.

i read somewhere we need to regenerate, so i was not quite sure. thanks in any case.

i also have classic patch installed, how do you know it already has revolution mod preinstalled? :)

i read somewhere we need to regenerate, so i was not quite sure. thanks in any case.

i also have classic patch installed, how do you know it already has revolution mod preinstalled? :)
Yeah it does as that's how it's possible to have the thousands of faces and kit combinations at the patch's disposal as well as the easy extraction method of db's that allows us to switch between various era's of the patch.

So yeah if you already have classic patch installed, Than no need to regenerate 😉

Tempted by your recent posts, I did some matches in a custom league with Ajax (me) + a bunch of top teams.

Had some genuine fun. In the first game, Barça destroyed me with some low ball, plausible (for them) football (5-0). Then, I had a super feel good game against Atletico Madrid, in which I went 1 up, took Diego Costa equalized, then I spent the rest of the match defending and counter attacking only for the game to end in a suffered draw. Worth note that Atletico played very differently from Barça, putting out a lot of long balls and crosses for Diego Costa.

Did a small highlight with some of the things I liked the most of the match:

First thirty seconds are Diego Costa bullying my defenders, ultimately scoring an hulking goal. Then a foul CPU did to me after a good clean dribbling, and in the end something that I found quite surprising: Godin bycicle kicking my player for a penalty (which I later missed as I couldn't remember how to shoot it, having in mind the most recent Fifas system :D). Not sure I've seen a similar foul anymore, later on in the saga :THINK:.

Really enjoyable game, anyway. Yeah it surely isn't as polished as Fifa 16, but still holds very well.

I'd be curious to know if the PS4 version is basically this one on ignite- or if it does lose some of the subtleties of the PC one?

Really enjoyable game, anyway. Yeah it surely isn't as polished as Fifa 16, but still holds very well.

I'd be curious to know if the PS4 version is basically this one on ignite- or if it does lose some of the subtleties of the PC one?
Some great highlights there, Especially loved the moment at 0.29 where the defender is beaten but lunges too late and takes a chunk out of the player's thighs.

Yes it doesn't have the presentational polish of 16, That's especially evident in the broken replays, Some of the very dated cutscenes or lack thereof and the goal celebrations (This was when your damn team-mates would literally try and rugby tackle you after every goal ruining some of those epic goal scoring moments that deserve self adulation).

But this game clearly is shining light of the great FIFA era of 2010-2016 where they improved every year leaps and bounds. I may even argue this game as slightly better inertia then FIFA 16 too. You really do feel the consequence of sprinting with or without the ball and coming to a sudden stop or trying to change drastic direction.

As for FIFA 14 PS4, The PS4 version is an improved version of this game. It has superior animation and inverse kinetics, Better AI and a totally revamped seamless cutscene and out of play animation system that remained a mainstay in FIFA from then on.

Back
Top Bottom