FIFA 14 OT, Next Gen, PC Love, Fanboys, Star Wars, Hand Sanitizers

Status
Not open for further replies.
fifa_14_jones.jpg

If you noticed I spoke mostly about CPU player skills. Those ratings do not determine CPU skill level, they only affect CPU decision-making (whether to pass, cross or dribble the ball). This is why I say the current engine EA uses for FIFA is fundamentally flawed and can never produce a true ratings-based simulation game, that's the most important observation in all this. BTW I appreciate your interest in this discussion and I'm not arguing. I'm simply trying to clarify why I feel it's imperative EA starts from scratch with NG. If they are choosing to use this same game engine, they're not going to be able to produce a true NG game with it... or at least what my idea of a NG game is and should be.

If that is the case that the player ratings only affect the CPU decision making and not how good the player is at those attributes then why is it when you play top teams such as Man utd that their shooting is more powerful and accurate than when you play lower teams such as Stoke or Hull City.

If that is the case that the player ratings only affect the CPU decision making and not how good the player is at those attributes then why is it when you play top teams such as Man utd that their shooting is more powerful and accurate than when you play lower teams such as Stoke or Hull City.
I discussed pass, cross and dribble ratings. Shot power and finishing ratings are different and do affect player ability, as do other ratings such as speed, accel, stamina, ball control, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom