FIFA 14 Sliders

I had to drop my injuries back down from 80 to 70 because I was getting too many per game. I had one game where it seemed like every time someone went up for a header they came down with a sprained ankle, and I had to finish two matches a man down.

Also, you ever notice players having different morale depending upon whether you're looking at the TM screen or the squad report?

I've got some players demanding to be sold because of sitting on the bench (even though they've played in more than half my matches!), the squad report screen shows them "disappointed at lack of matches" or whatever, but they have almost full green morale bars in the TM screen.

Funny enough, I've got Eriksen at CAM who has a smiley face on the squad report but it says he's disappointed at the same time!

No offense but I think you make things more complicated than they need be. If one slider (CPU pass error)fixes the issue, I don't see the point or logic in adjusting two sliders instead, especially considering that those two - acceleration and pass speed - will have knock-on effects of their own.

I understand that you have your own "premise" for how passing works but, quite frankly, I don't agree and I think your interpretation of the problem is flawed. If those types of more extreme alterations create a gameplay you enjoy, I'm glad for you. Personally I enjoy the game on default settings and your sliders are a bit too drastic for my tastes. I don't think such extreme settings are necessary, at least for me.

There's good reason why the most popular slider sets include adjusting CPU pass error upwards. If that does the trick, that's good enough for me. Seeking more complicated solutions such as you suggest would be a last resort, but thanks for the suggestion. If pass error doesn't create a more realistic CPU pass accuracy average by itself - and I don't know why it wouldn't - then I'll revisit your ideas.

My sliders started at pass error at 60 for the CPU. You're still going to see the high pass accuracy if you don't think outside the box.

Flawed would suggest you have tested all the areas - and by the sounds of it, you haven't. We'll agree to disagree - but I've been slider testing, gameplay editing since I was 13 years old - I know FIFA - it's as scripted as can be - and using "my" premise that there are more than 1 value needed, is not new.

My last shared sliders are these:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Q2EeLEh75A

Injuries are at 60/45 for me and 65/45 for the CPU.

Tried your sliders last night and had a blast playing the game as Liverpool in manager mode. I saw things I had never seen on my PS4 copy before and overall made me really enjoy the game for the first time with manual-semi mix controls (manual passing and semi crossing and shooting) and slow.

I have lots of positive things to say, so thanks for sharing.

Anyway, there are still some drawbacks that I would like to know what you (people with a lot more knowledge than me regarding this) think about.

- I found shot power to be just a tiny bit too much. Do you think if I lower it down it can have domino effect on other things?

- CPU lacks shooting from far and lacks urgency to finish in one vs one situations.

- CPU shots balooon too much. It's great to have a lot of stray shots, I love it, but also I want to find a balance and fear them. Will try lowering just a bit shot error for the CPU.

- CPU still "packs" too much behind and in the centrsla position they tend to always acumulate a lot of people, no matter my formation. Is there a way to have more variation tactically by adjusting sliders? I mean, I find that attacking midfielders are absolutely denied any joy in static attacks. Think of Iniesta or Silva, they should be able to find their space between lines and deliver a killer pass. Right now they are always surrounded by defenders because the 2 lines pack too much behind.

- And this is my personal Nemesis with the game, a problem I've always had with Fifa. Even if I leave 4 defenders behind and there's only one opponent striker, none of my defenders will mark/cover/anticipate any pass to the striker in the own half. It makes it so easy for the opponent (be it the cpu or a human one) to break pressure when they recover the ball or they clear it just by passing to that player who 90% of the time alone and unmarked. Has any of you tried to solve this? And how? I tried lots of things in previous installments, to no joy: man marking, putting two DMF, etc... I just want that my superiority in numbers to mean something. The space between DMF and CB when attacking is always too big and allows for this, no matter what I try.

- CPU is still too good at tackling and hardly any foul. Might have to do with my lack of skills or the way I play, though.

Glad you're enjoying them :) Shot power is a personal preference so no I don't think it will make any negative impact elsewhere to lower it back to 50/50 :)

You could adjust line width and length a little if it's too compressed for your liking, increasing both will open the midfield up some more :)

Tried your sliders last night and had a blast playing the game as Liverpool in manager mode. I saw things I had never seen on my PS4 copy before and overall made me really enjoy the game for the first time with manual-semi mix controls (manual passing and semi crossing and shooting) and slow.

I have lots of positive things to say, so thanks for sharing.

Anyway, there are still some drawbacks that I would like to know what you (people with a lot more knowledge than me regarding this) think about.

- I found shot power to be just a tiny bit too much. Do you think if I lower it down it can have domino effect on other things?

- CPU lacks shooting from far and lacks urgency to finish in one vs one situations.

- CPU shots balooon too much. It's great to have a lot of stray shots, I love it, but also I want to find a balance and fear them. Will try lowering just a bit shot error for the CPU.

- CPU still "packs" too much behind and in the centrsla position they tend to always acumulate a lot of people, no matter my formation. Is there a way to have more variation tactically by adjusting sliders? I mean, I find that attacking midfielders are absolutely denied any joy in static attacks. Think of Iniesta or Silva, they should be able to find their space between lines and deliver a killer pass. Right now they are always surrounded by defenders because the 2 lines pack too much behind.

- And this is my personal Nemesis with the game, a problem I've always had with Fifa. Even if I leave 4 defenders behind and there's only one opponent striker, none of my defenders will mark/cover/anticipate any pass to the striker in the own half. It makes it so easy for the opponent (be it the cpu or a human one) to break pressure when they recover the ball or they clear it just by passing to that player who 90% of the time alone and unmarked. Has any of you tried to solve this? And how? I tried lots of things in previous installments, to no joy: man marking, putting two DMF, etc... I just want that my superiority in numbers to mean something. The space between DMF and CB when attacking is always too big and allows for this, no matter what I try.

- CPU is still too good at tackling and hardly any foul. Might have to do with my lack of skills or the way I play, though.

What Placebo said. And regarding ballooned CPU shots, that's a side-effect of raising error. It's just like raising pass error and seeing terrible crosses and clearances. You just have to find that right balance.

The CPU lacks shooting from afar and lacks urgency at times simply because the AI still isn't great. It's probably why the CPU "cheats" in other areas - to make up for the AI. Some people claim to have improved this area through sliders and custom tactics but when I've tried them I haven't thought so, because like I said, it's an AI issue. The CPU is better than it was on the 360/ps3 but they still will make that extra pass or extra dribble when it's unnecessary.

The CPU does do a good job of packing it's defense and making it hard to break down, and you can make thing easier with sliders, but you can also improve so that it's not an issue. Master using Lt to protect the ball and the other dribbling modifiers, like RT shielding especially, and you can do some great things in the middle with skilled players. You can try Orion's line settings at operation sports because last I checked I think he was trying to make it more open, but he updates his slider set regularly so I don't know what it is now.

Getting better at dribbling and protecting the ball will also lead to more fouls. And though the CPu is good at tackling, with practice you can surpass that.

And about your personal Nemesis - it's mine too! Drives me nuts that you can't play with a true holding CDM who is there to break up the counter-attacks. I've got my deep lying CDM with a low attacking mentality in the formation setu and I have him sitting deep in my custom formation with a defensive backward run arrow, and I think those help, but there are still times when you're in attack, lose possession, and all your midfielders are caught forward, allowing an easy counter-attack. One of the keys to this game is learning how to deal with a CPU counterattack, and I've gotten pretty good by simply being conservative - sprint back with them and try to slow them down so that your teammates can get back.

Out of curiosity regarding acceleration/stamina I put acceleration on 71 (from my current 51) and this was the results after about 88 minutes (IIRC)

1524014_10203042386199804_1562259790_o.jpg

Green ones were subs on around the 60th minute but the orange played from the start, don't think I've ever seen a player start a match on full stamina and end up orange in less than 90 minutes, shame 71 feels too fast, trying next on 61 to see if it's playable, would love stamina drain to increase to more realistic levels.

What do you think of him? I sent him on his way at Chelsea cause he was underperforming.

And how's Shaqiri for you? I have him as a back-up for di Maria but he's underperforming too and I plan on shipping him out in the next window. Atsu (a Chelsea youth who starts the game on loan) has been much better than Shaqiri for me, and I highly recommend him - he's pretty awesome.

Early days for both TBH, don't overly like Piazon because they don't say his name :( Shaqiri has had a fair few assists for me, excellent crossing, so far no screamers from him but come close with a couple of free kicks :)

Hi I am new to this section.

Could I please ask

1. What are sliders?
2. Will these work for PS3?
3. Will these work for the Ultimate Team mode?

Thanks!

I remade my Legendary sliders, and really enjoying them now:

YouTube - FIFA 14 Sliders: Legendary REMADE.

Legendary, 10-15 mins, SLOW SPEED (must!)

Sprint Speed 50/50
Acceleration 55/55
Shot Error 53/53
Pass Error 53/58
Shot Speed 51/51
Pass Speed 60/60
Injury Freq 50/50
Injury Severity 50/50
GK Ability 1/1
Marking 90/90
Run Freq 40/40
Height 60/60
Length 60/60
Width 100/100
FB Positioning 55/55
Power Bar User 50
FT Control Error 70/70

I remade my Legendary sliders, and really enjoying them now:

YouTube - FIFA 14 Sliders: Legendary REMADE.

Legendary, 10-15 mins, SLOW SPEED (must!)

Sprint Speed 50/50
Acceleration 55/55
Shot Error 53/53
Pass Error 53/58
Shot Speed 51/51
Pass Speed 60/60
Injury Freq 50/50
Injury Severity 50/50
GK Ability 1/1
Marking 90/90
Run Freq 40/40
Height 60/60
Length 60/60
Width 100/100
FB Positioning 55/55
Power Bar User 50
FT Control Error 70/70

And here is the video mentioned for those interested:

YouTube - FIFA 14 Sliders: Legendary *AC Milan (user) vs Juventus*

Hi. First post. Here is my interpretation of how sliders affect gameplay. Please feel free to correct any mistakes I've made in my assumptions as I'd like to gain a much deeper understanding of what each slider does. I play WC on xbox one, normal speed.

Sprint Speed
Reducing it appears to stop slower players catching faster players. 50 or more seems to give slower players a catch up boost. I play with both cpu and user around 45.

Acceleration
Gives an initial burst of acceleration when starting a run. Reducing it too much means players do not lose stamina. I play with user 1 or 2 points higher than CPU

Shot Error
Makes quite a difference to CPU. Only makes a noticable difference to user if using assisted shooting. I set both to around 40 as I like lots of goals

Pass Error
As above. More effect on user if using assited passing. CPU seems to be better than user at passing on default levels. Increasing CPU means you get the ball more. I leave user at 50 and increase CPU to around 60

Shot speed/pass speed
Higher than 50 can be a bit like ping pong. Reduce it too much and there will be less goals and more pass intercepts. I leave both at 50

Injury frequency/severity
Very few injuries at default settings. IMO should be more pulled muscles etc but not more broken bones which can make career mode a nightmare. I tend to set both user and cpu to about 70 for frequency, 30 for severity

GK ability
Reduce to stop keepers making superhuman saves all the time. At low numbers you'll see a lot of punch-outs from hard shots. I set both to about 30

Marking
Reducing CPU marking gives you more freedom and allows you to build up play easier. Too low and the game can get too easy. Reducing user allows CPU to get more shots in. Increasing user means you'll get the ball back more but your team may be too rigid with marking - less fluid game
I set user and cpu to around 30

Run frequency
Increasing means more through runs/balls and less slow build up.

Line Height/Line Length
Not sure the difference between these two. Increasing CPU seems to mean more through lobs from CPU and less build up play. I leave both at default for user and CPU

Line Width
Set it high and there is more space in the middle and vice versa. I like to build through the middle so I set user at 50 and cpu around 60 to give me more space in the middle.

Fullback positioning.
Low to leave fullbacks in defence, high to encourage them to make more runs. FBs seems to do a lot of wing runs in the Premier league so I set both to around 60

Power bar (user only)
Setting it lower means you have more time to judge the power of your shot/pass. I leave at 50

First touch error
CPU seems to be far better than me with first touch so I set user to 40 and cpu to around 60

Getting the gameplay to suit your particular style means a lot of tweaking of all the sliders until you are happy. Every slider has an effect on the game that may need to be countered by tweaking another slider. E.g. if you set GK ability low you may need to increase shot error if too many goals are bing scored.

Some tweaks for common problems:

You can't get the ball
Increase CPU passing error
Increase CPU first touch error

You keep losing the ball to the CPU
Reduce user passing error
Reduce CPU marking
Set user acceleration higher than CPU

CPU doesn't get enough shots on goal
Reduce CPU passing error
Reduce user marking
Set CPU acceleration higher than user
Increase user first touch error

Too easy to score
Increase CPU marking
Increase CPU GK ability
Increase user passing error

Anybody have anything to add or disagree with anything I've put?

Line Height-it sets how far defenders stay from their goal. 40-50 is ok IMO.
Line Length-distance from last defender to attacker. Set to lower values and it will be more realistic but harder to penetrate. If you like a challenge and more realistic gameplay, try to set it for player and cpu to 20 or less and play 15min halves; it will be a midfield oriented match with harder shooting oportunities.

Last edited:
well shot speed is a bit over the top on 51 for me, too much shooting strength with A-class players in the box, so i set it to 50...i wonder tho how is it like on 100 xD

Yeah it's really annoying they did absolutely no tweaking to the shot power slider, we all complained immediately when sliders were introduced in fifa12 that 51 was way too powerful and 51 should be something like 70 or so and there be smaller degrees of increase in between from 50 up.

Yeah it's really annoying they did absolutely no tweaking to the shot power slider, we all complained immediately when sliders were introduced in fifa12 that 51 was way too powerful and 51 should be something like 70 or so and there be smaller degrees of increase in between from 50 up.

Agreed, 50 1/2 would be ideal. Manual shooting is a treat on FIFA though!

Here's an update to the sliders:

YouTube - FIFA 14 Sliders: One Change

World Class, 15 mins, Slow

User/CPU

Sprint: 51/51
Acceleration: 48/48
Shot Error: 52/52
Pass Error: 40/36
Shot Speed: 50/50
Pass Speed: 1/1
Inj Freq: 50/50
Inj Severity: 50/50
GK Ability: 1/1
****Marking: 50/50*****
Run Freq: 20/20
Line Height: 51/51
Line Length: 49/49
Line Width: 70/70
FB Positioning: 55/55
PB User: 50
FT Control: 70/70

Here's an update to the sliders:

YouTube - FIFA 14 Sliders: One Change

World Class, 15 mins, Slow

User/CPU

Sprint: 51/51
Shot Error: 52/52
Pass Error: 40/36
Shot Speed: 50/50
Pass Speed: 1/1
Inj Freq: 50/50
Inj Severity: 50/50
GK Ability: 1/1
****Marking: 50/50*****
Run Freq: 20/20
Line Height: 51/51
Line Length: 49/49
Line Width: 70/70
FB Positioning: 55/55
PB User: 50
FT Control: 70/70

Here is a video showing the sliders in action with Custom Team Tactics applied from OperationSports member, Krebstar:

http://www.operationsports.com/foru...al-fifa-14-custom-team-tactics-ai-thread.html

YouTube - FIFA 14 Sliders + Custom Team Tactics = AWESOME **(Unedited)

This video I did use pass speed at 20 since the CTT take over - so pace of play is on point.

Last edited:
A couple questions regardomg the nature of pass/shot error:

Say you are playing full manual controls and aiming directly left (9 o'clock) for a ground pass. Does more error just mean more variance in direction, centered around your aim? So if you were to set error to 0, it would pass exactly in the direction you point? How is this reconciled with body position, momentum/direction, angle, athlete statistics, etc.?

This is all assuming, of course, that manual is what I like to believe it is; you pass or shoot in the direction you point, notwithstanding the aforementioned variables such as pass/shot error, body position, momentum/direction, angle, athlete statistics, etc. If it's not, I'd love to know.

Very interesting thread, just read all 6 pages in between about 20 games whilst tweaking the sliders. Any and all responses appreciated.

I would say that manual isn't truly manual and hasn't been for a couple of Fifas now, even with pass error at 0 there will be some influence on the factors you mention, off balance first time wrong foot passes with crap players will be the most inaccurate of course :) Similar applies to shooting.

I should share my final sliders as a few things are significantly changed from the last one I posted. I have come to the conclusion that it's impossible to share a complete slider set that you can stick to on legendary/manual forever, I find that form has too much influence both good and bad and thus I tend to tweak my sliders a few times throughout the season, I generally base this on the passing completion percentage.

10-15 Mins, Legendary, Slow speed, Full Manual

Auto Switching: Air Balls; Auto-Switch Assistance: none

Sprint Speed 1/1
Acceleration 50/50
Shot Error 52/55
Pass Error 53/58
Shot Speed 51/51
Pass Speed 60/60
Injury Freq 50/50
Injury Severity 50/50
GK Ability 46/46
Marking 50/52
Run Freq 40/40
Height 52/52
Length 53/53
Width 100/100
FB Positioning 0/0
Power Bar 50
FT Control 45/55

Last edited:
Final Sliders for FIFA 14:

YouTube - FIFA 14 Sliders: Redefined - Final Sliders for FIFA 14

I took another look at my sliders, this time paying attention to line settings and the overall feel of the game. My recommended settings are to use World Class, slow, 10-15 minutes. Please note that if you are not a manual passer of the ball, do not put slider @ zero - put it at 50.

Here are the settings:

World Class/Legendary, Slow/Normal, 15 minutes

User/CPU
Sprint Speed: 48/48
Shot Error: 50/50
Pass Error: 0/70 (if not manual passer, use 50)
Shot Speed: 51/51
Pass Speed: 45/45
Injury Freq: 50/50
Injury Severity: 50/50
Goalkeeper Ability: 48/50
Marking: 55/55
Run Freq: 25/25
Height: 50/50
Length: 45/45
Width: 20/20
FB Positioning: 60/60
First Touch: 55/55

Interested in my camera settings? Only if you're on PC (sorry consoles!) - paste this in your CL.INI file within your FIFA14/Game directory:

CAMERA_HEIGHT_MODIFIER_COOP = 500
CAMERA_HEIGHT_MODIFIER_BROADCAST = 500
CAMERA_HEIGHT_MODIFIER_TELEBROADCAST = 500
CAMERA_HEIGHT_MODIFIER_DYNAMIC = 500
CAMERA_HEIGHT_MODIFIER_TELE = 500
CAMERA_HEIGHT_MODIFIER_PROCAM = 500
CAMERA_ZOOM_MODIFIER_BROADCAST = 0.050
CAMERA_ZOOM_MODIFIER_TELEBROADCAST = 0.050
CAMERA_ZOOM_MODIFIER_COOP = 0.050
CAMERA_ZOOM_MODIFIER_TELE = 0.050
CAMERA_ZOOM_MODIFIER_DYNAMIC = 0.050
CAMERA_ZOOM_MODIFIER_PROCAM = 0.050