FIFA 15 News & Discussion Thread

Ive been trying a career mode on FIFA 15 with different teams on world class.. its just impossible to play with the poor defending from your team.. the defense is all over the place goinv out of position and letting players go 1 on 1 with the keeper. Its so frustrating as they let in cheap goals.:RANT::RANT:

Some update probably messed things up it was never like this and I was even playing and winning comfortably on legendary. Now I can't even play 5 games before giving.

Anyone know how to fix the defense?

I couldnt finish a game I was trying to play now too.. another thing that frustrates me about FIFA 15.. is why do I always defend with the last line of defense(back 4)? The midfilders always just hop around outside the 18 area behind the attackers and watch them as my back 4 gets out numbered inside the box!How do I get all my midfilders to help on defense and not ball watch? Tactics and player instructions dont work Ive tried them.

Yeah the pressing from your A.I teams is really poor. They've obviously nerfed it in response to previous Games where teammate pressing was overpowered and abused but now it just makes your teammates static and stubborn.

Hoping that defending isn't as lethargic and unresponsive this year either, FIFA 14 next gen was a joy to defend in compared to this, never remembered having any issues.

Yeah the pressing from your A.I teams is really poor. They've obviously nerfed it in response to previous Games where teammate pressing was overpowered and abused but now it just makes your teammates static and stubborn.

Hoping that defending isn't as lethargic and unresponsive this year either, FIFA 14 next gen was a joy to defend in compared to this, never remembered having any issues.

Thanks for your reply Mafia.
I like other aspects of the game, the animations are beautiful, ball physics a joy, passing simply beautiful & shooting out of this world. The marking just breaks the game completely. I can score 2 goals but I end up losing 3 - 2 to Burnley due to poor defending mechanics. My team mates just simply watch as I get out numbered by attackers!

Actually its so bad that I am suspecting there's actually no source code behind the tactics / player instructions buttons. Its almost like EA created methods which are just shells to just sell 'features' that do not exist. Instructing your RM or LM to come back on defense simply does NOTHING. In fact it seems they stay more up field if you dare try those instructions.

I’ve been playing a lot of FIFA 15 Career Mode and whilst it’s too fast and hectic, the matches are very interesting and difficult in Legendary.

I really hope FIFA goes back to being tough in the hardest mode, it’s all I ask for. I like the gameplay in FIFA and have done for ages. The other game is incredibly boring, every goal feels the same and the I haven’t got the time or patience to edit the entire thing and still feel let down by it’s horrible atmospheres, stadia, bright red kits that look like they’ve been created in MS Paint and super shallow, super scripted, super shitty ML.

My only hope is FIFA 20 now. Please EA, make the game challenging in single player. Please. For the love of football gamers worldwide.

I’ve been playing a lot of FIFA 15 Career Mode and whilst it’s too fast and hectic, the matches are very interesting and difficult in Legendary.

My only hope is FIFA 20 now. Please EA, make the game challenging in single player. Please. For the love of football gamers worldwide.

Any fifa game prior to 17 is more challenging and usually in a good way. I think 17 is also very good, but, perhaps easier because the AI is the most fair. Sometimes the AI will score goals that you feel you can do nothing about, much less so in 17. Fifa 18 and 19 are all about passing and finishing exploits and two of the worst balanced games, it's no coincidence that people complain about the difficulty a lot in the past couple of years. That's my opinion anyway.

Fifa 15 is also the last game where the AI will adjust attacking/defensive mentality based on the scoreline, and not just in the last 10 minutes of a match. Check it out by changing the team you're controlling during the match. If you're winning they will most likely be on "attacking", and if you're still winning late on, they will go on "ultra". I WANT THIS BACK! :)

Fifa 15 is a great game, it's just a bit off positionally, the back four is usually a separate entity and the cpu will play a lot in the gap created in midfield because of it, so it's a bit too much about counter attacking in an artificial way. This was improved in 16, and there were even more improved defensive mechanics in 16 which is why a lot of us consider it as one of the best. Although still not a perfect game of course.

Last edited:

I really hope FIFA goes back to being tough in the hardest mode, it’s all I ask for. I like the gameplay in FIFA and have done for ages. The other game is incredibly boring, every goal feels the same and the I haven’t got the time or patience to edit the entire thing and still feel let down by it’s horrible atmospheres, stadia, bright red kits that look like they’ve been created in MS Paint and super shallow, super scripted, super shitty ML.

I prefered FIFA 14 and 16 rather than FIFA 15. F15 was too fast and arcade game. Didn’t like it.

Any fifa game prior to 17 is more challenging and usually in a good way. I think 17 is also very good, but, perhaps easier because the AI is the most fair. Sometimes the AI will score goals that you feel you can do nothing about, much less so in 17. Fifa 18 and 19 are all about passing and finishing exploits and two of the worst balanced games, it's no coincidence that people complain about the difficulty a lot in the past couple of years. That's my opinion anyway.

Fifa 15 is also the last game where the AI will adjust attacking/defensive mentality based on the scoreline, and not just in the last 10 minutes of a match. Check it out by changing the team you're controlling during the match. If you're winning they will most likely be on "attacking", and if you're still winning late on, they will go on "ultra". I WANT THIS BACK! :)

Fifa 15 is a great game, it's just a bit off positionally, the back four is usually a separate entity and the cpu will play a lot in the gap created in midfield because of it, so it's a bit too much about counter attacking in an artificial way. This was improved in 16, and there were even more improved defensive mechanics in 16 which is why a lot of us consider it as one of the best. Although still not a perfect game of course.

Completely agree in every point! Not a coincidence that 17 is the last one I played with passion.

I also played some Fifa 15 months ago because I didn't when it came out back at the times. Seems really solid, might try it again somewhere in the next months. It's one of the chapters people talks less about.. time for a Retro Fifa thread maybe :D?

Played a lot of fifa 15,and 16.
Remember 15 on leg being tough as hell.
Played 15 a year or so again,feels stiff.
But maybe time to give it another go

I prefered FIFA 14 and 16 rather than FIFA 15. F15 was too fast and arcade game. Didn’t like it.

It was better before all the patches, but yeah I think I agree that it loses out in comparison to 14/16 and even 17 for me, and like rockstrongo said animations were also not the best. But there are still many things to like about it, and I'd definitely prefer it to having to play 18/19 ever again in my life. If the cpu in fifa 19 adjusted tactics during the match like it did in 15 it would instantly be a million times better.

I prefer 16 but it’s too easy. 14 is a beautiful game but doesn’t have all the Premier League stadia.

15 was the last difficult FIFA, it’s why I still play it. Having a blast on my Swansea Career right now.

Played two games on an old FIFA 15 save last night,that game has everything compared to 17-18-19.
I'll even take it over fifa 16 (console) any day.
If fifa 20 is shit,I'll happily return to 15.

Maybe it's time to install that game again after 4 years eh?
I've had it on my external HDD for a long time,yes you should.
I'm using OS sliders (same ones all these years) really good game ,has its flaws but not the way 17-18-19 has.
2-0 down Vs Chelseas with 5 min left,and they parked the bus and hoofed it away constantly.
Give it a go

Would you mind sharing the FIFA 15 sliders you're using (or link them)? Thanks! :)

I'm reviewing all the FIFA and PES games I have in order to find the least messed up one, as I can't see myself keeping jumping from a game to another the way I'm doing now. At the moment it's FIFA 14 leading, having a little (very, very little indeed) edge on PES 2017 with FIFA 16 following closely and PES 2015 being almost there too, but I'd gladly give FIFA 15 another chance too.
I used not to like how it played back then (too many near post goals, for example) but it's not like FIFA has come a long way since then, I guess. Also, online modes have now been discontinued and this definitely counts as a 'plus' to me (yeah, I'm annoyed by mankind so I'd rather play alone or with trusted friends).

Aaand, apart from the weird player models, it's still the best looking FIFA game to date to me.

Im pretty sure I'm using this set by @Matt10 and the OS community.
Have start my game to be sure.
I'll update a bit later if so @*aLe

Looks very good.
The camera is lovely.
I suppose this is on PS4?.

If EA ever improved the way players make contact with the ball, specially on passes, and make it so that they actually looks like they're put some effort in it, which has been so off-putting for me, the game would be so much more immersive. It's been a problem for the longest time. Doesn't even look right on my beloved FIFA 16.

Looks very good.
The camera is lovely.
I suppose this is on PS4?.

If EA ever improved the way players make contact with the ball, specially on passes, and make it so that they actually looks like they're put some effort in it, which has been so off-putting for me, the game would be so much more immersive. It's been a problem for the longest time. Doesn't even look right on my beloved FIFA 16.
Yes I'm quite sure is PS4,I was surprised how well it still holds up pal.
Remember it being a good game,but not this solid (still)
A bit iffy animation wise,but I'll take that Vs a more modern ping pong machine
Missed the tough CPU on 17- 18-19,but here I'm struggling a lot.

FIFA 15 was my first fifa. Still my favourite fifa in terms of gameplay. It had everything right.
I have played FIFA 14 since then, but it's not really the same, it has exploitable things, and some things (although rare) are some times weird, like some glitches. FIFA 14 is still 4 out of 5 for me, but FIFA 15 is 4.5, the only 0.5 that was taken out is because of the Free kick ,and set piece stuff they took out of the practice arena. I love the game, I still play it alongside Pes 21 and Pes 5 and 6 nowadays.

FIFA 15 was my first fifa. Still my favourite fifa in terms of gameplay. It had everything right.
I have played FIFA 14 since then, but it's not really the same, it has exploitable things, and some things (although rare) are some times weird, like some glitches. FIFA 14 is still 4 out of 5 for me, but FIFA 15 is 4.5, the only 0.5 that was taken out is because of the Free kick ,and set piece stuff they took out of the practice arena. I love the game, I still play it alongside Pes 21 and Pes 5 and 6 nowadays.
How do you find 15 compared to 16? I haven't played 15 since it came out so I can't really remember it.

How do you find 15 compared to 16? I haven't played 15 since it came out so I can't really remember it.

15 is much faster and I would say better with the AI honestly. In Fifa 16, you can honestly sometimes just score from outrageous distances. (I once scored a last minute Bicycle kick from the HALFWAY LINE in Fifa 16!!!! Plus the goalkeeper was actually there, and it wasn't an open goal)
In 15 the game is much more balanced, there really is not any specific meta or anything you can exploit. In 16 long shots are really bugged .
Fifa 15 also has a very good balance of play, if you are attacking or anything it will be fast and balanced, but if you want to play slowly it will adjust to it.
In 16, to me at least, it seems like the game can't decide what pace it has, slow fast or just medium.

15 also has the 2nd best Soundtrack in history behind 14
16 doesn't have a bad soundtrack either, It's good too

15 is the last great Fifa
16 is the last decent Fifa

Every fifa made in frostbite, I hate it

15 is much faster and I would say better with the AI honestly. In Fifa 16, you can honestly sometimes just score from outrageous distances. (I once scored a last minute Bicycle kick from the HALFWAY LINE in Fifa 16!!!! Plus the goalkeeper was actually there, and it wasn't an open goal)
In 15 the game is much more balanced, there really is not any specific meta or anything you can exploit. In 16 long shots are really bugged .
Fifa 15 also has a very good balance of play, if you are attacking or anything it will be fast and balanced, but if you want to play slowly it will adjust to it.
In 16, to me at least, it seems like the game can't decide what pace it has, slow fast or just medium.

15 also has the 2nd best Soundtrack in history behind 14
16 doesn't have a bad soundtrack either, It's good too

15 is the last great Fifa
16 is the last decent Fifa

Every fifa made in frostbite, I hate it
Which difficulty do you play? fifa 15 feels far more scripted then fifa 16 vanilla.

Back
Top Bottom