FIFA 16 News & Discussion Thread

Like you guys I believe Fifa 16 with Matt sliders is one of the best if not the best football game I have played (maybe along with Pes 2013 and 6)

I'm really not enjoying it, even with sliders, got to say.

It's a million miles better with Matt's latest sliders - the slower pass speed is something I was playing with, definitely helps - but I played a few games as Liverpool, and started a new career as Accrington Stanley, and saw the same things in both.

Opponents passing the ball away before you can get anywhere near them (on World Class especially - I still say Legendary is a much better experience), players doing 180 and 360 degree turns over and over (not as skill moves, just constantly doing big turns as if they can't make their mind up), perfect defensive lines, perfect decision-making from the AI (you can force them to make first-touch mistakes but they always make the most intelligent pass, especially on World Class where I'm seeing teams go from LB/LM to RB/RM over and over again with slider adjustments)...

There's definitely gameplay changes in the latest patch, but I'm starting to think that they don't really know what they want to do with it, and any benefits we see are purely a coincidence rather than their intention.

Seeing as they hadn't even announced any gameplay changes, I half-wonder if they even know what they've released...

I might have to delete all my saves and go back to the original release to give it one last go.

One thing I noticed after 1.07 my saved games weren't playing right until I started a fresh career mode, and have noticed a big difference, give it a go if u can be bothered see what u think.

If anyone is interested, I've spent time trying out a cl.ini file my brother was using once when I visited him ("Supernova GP final" was the title).

Combined with my own slider settings detailed in the video. It's my favourite game feel so far, quite slow and non-hyperactive with a balance between pass speeds and player speeds I quite like. It feels heavier overall and may be closer to real life if you pull up a Chelsea game next to it. Lends itself really well to 15 minute halves. CL.ini file will not make it possible to play online and you will probably be banned.

https://youtu.be/3bMAMxAJa0E

If anyone is interested, I've spent time trying out a cl.ini file my brother was using once when I visited him ("Supernova GP final" was the title).

Combined with my own slider settings detailed in the video. It's my favourite game feel so far, quite slow and non-hyperactive with a balance between pass speeds and player speeds I quite like. It feels heavier overall and may be closer to real life if you pull up a Chelsea game next to it. Lends itself really well to 15 minute halves. CL.ini file will not make it possible to play online and you will probably be banned.

EDIT:

Goal 1 (1-0): https://youtu.be/3bMAMxAJa0E?t=3m45s
Goal 2 (2-0): https://youtu.be/3bMAMxAJa0E?t=13m20s
Goal 3 (3-0): https://youtu.be/3bMAMxAJa0E?t=15m19s
Goal 4 (3-1): https://youtu.be/3bMAMxAJa0E?t=22m34s
Goal 5 (3-2): https://youtu.be/3bMAMxAJa0E?t=40m50s

Last edited:
After spending some time lately getting into PES2016 (first time since release) I was beginning to get frustrated with the Super Star level. Players feeling like they have lead in their boots and the scripting, I just don't have the patience with the scripting.

I decided to try FIFA again but the annoying tikka takka passing was killing it. I went on to Operation Sports web site to find some sliders that may help me on World Class mode and found a good set here...http://www.operationsports.com/foru...2002-hardcore-simulation-fifa-16-sliders.html

It says it's for Professional but they are good for World Class too with some slight adjustments (I will probably post my adjustments on the slider thread at some point). But then I also found this thread here...http://www.operationsports.com/forums/ea-sports-fifa/884856-custom-tactics.html#post2048340965

Which discusses Custom Tactics and wether the CPU uses them or not in CM. Well I decided to start up my CM with 2 controllers and make my opponent 'Human controlled' so that I can change the tactics before I start the game. Then I start the game and change my opponent to 'CPU'. I don't know if it is placebo but the four games I played were excellent. There was not so much Tikka Takka football from the CPU although passing accuracy percent was still in the high 80's. (Personally I don't think you can rely on the stats at the end because I have seen a team that's winning have no shots on goal when they most certainly have.)

As I said the point is that the games were fantastic. What I also enjoyed is that my recent signing, Galloway, a left back from Everton is excellent. He defends so well and plays good balls and gets forward effectively. I can really tell the difference between him and my other left back.

In those two games I won 2 and lost 2 but I didn't feel cheated and each game played out differently. One team, I think, West Brom, were hitting quite a lot of cross field passes and seemed to dribble more than pass.

The best game was against West Brom, me (QPR) being 6th and they were 2nd. They were 1-0 up and we were struggling so much but then Polter (who has been excellent for us and was his first game back from injury) turned it on with this stunning goal right after he gave away a free kick. We won 3-2 in the end. But then lost to Wolves 4-2 they were about 14th and us 4th. Even though we were hammered it was a really good game.

Polter goal...

https://youtu.be/yvLHE-uZBvQ
https://youtu.be/NrG0AVFp0rY
https://youtu.be/tu7FVETtmDQ

Sorry three videos of the same goal but I love it. Polter is becoming a legend for me. Scoring some fantastic goals for QPR from anywhere on the pitch. He could have his own Goal of the Season competition.

This one is my favourite..

Fired up my campaign with Sunderland again.
Enjoyed it,or bits of.
Couple of very strange decisions from the ref though.
Opponents GK got the ball outside its own box,just stood there,so I nicked the ball,well clear of him,just me and the open net,he clipped me from behind,outside the box, and I got a FK and the goalie just got a YK?
Seriously,what's up with that.

Second game,clipped a MF from behind,clearly on the ball,you even heard it,and the replay clearly showed it was all ball,got sent of.
Is this how the standard is set on FIFA 16?
Utter rubbish.
But liked the gameplay,Matts sliders,without the 46/48 acc.

Fired up my campaign with Sunderland again.
Enjoyed it,or bits of.
Couple of very strange decisions from the ref though.
Opponents GK got the ball outside its own box,just stood there,so I nicked the ball,well clear of him,just me and the open net,he clipped me from behind,outside the box, and I got a FK and the goalie just got a YK?
Seriously,what's up with that.

Second game,clipped a MF from behind,clearly on the ball,you even heard it,and the replay clearly showed it was all ball,got sent of.
Is this how the standard is set on FIFA 16?
Utter rubbish.
But liked the gameplay,Matts sliders,without the 46/48 acc.

Every referee is different. I've got sent off for the same things you mention.

What settings are you using Elja?

If sliders is what you meant, I'm not using any geeeeee. I used to follow the work of Matt and Orion on OS during the FIFA 14 days. But now sliders just mess with my head, if I touch the sliders I always feel there is something not right and end up always changing and testing, so now I prefer default sliders. The game settings I changed is only gamespeed to slow. And I play on assisted settings accept crossing which is on semi, yeah unlike PES which I need to play on manual, FIFA on assisted is okay for me. I haven't got a career mode going yet so probably I'm not deep in to the game yet to see flaws like you guys have, but for now I'm really enjoying my FIFA 16.

If sliders is what you meant, I'm not using any geeeeee. I used to follow the work of Matt and Orion on OS during the FIFA 14 days. But now sliders just mess with my head, if I touch the sliders I always feel there is something not right and end up always changing and testing, so now I prefer default sliders. The game settings I changed is only gamespeed to slow. And I play on assisted settings accept crossing which is on semi, yeah unlike PES which I need to play on manual, FIFA on assisted is okay for me. I haven't got a career mode going yet so probably I'm not deep in to the game yet to see flaws like you guys have, but for now I'm really enjoying my FIFA 16.

Heheh yes I know what you mean about sliders messing with your head. I do use sliders because I cannot get on with the top 2 levels (can't remember what they are now because I've been playing PES demo) so I play on, I think, Professional, which means CPU is a little easy sometimes. So I give it slight speed advantage and things. If I change GK slider and then they let a goal in I'm thinking maybe I should move the slider up, if they make a good save I'm thinking maybe I should move the slider down.

What level do you play on?

I've played around with the sliders after a long time, and suddenly I feel so refreshed. I'm enjoying FIFA 16 more than ever now. Not that I wasn't enjoying it throughout the year, but it's like... I don't know... like I finally found the perfect combination of everything now. So smooth, hard but fun at the same time.

Can't wait till FIFA 17 comes out. FIFA games are worth every penny.

I've played around with the sliders after a long time, and suddenly I feel so refreshed. I'm enjoying FIFA 16 more than ever now. Not that I wasn't enjoying it throughout the year, but it's like... I don't know... like I finally found the perfect combination of everything now. So smooth, hard but fun at the same time.

Thats good to hear. Can you please post all your settings? Thanks Chuny

I've enjoyed my career on FIFA a great deal,been playing it since the Demo of PES 17 came out.
Wouldn't say it's a good game though,every team plays the same,and CPU never plays direct or long.
But it's fun nevertheless,if you get pass that.
I'm using Matts latest sliders and playing on Legendary.
I usually play player career,controlling the whole team.
That mode has tons issues,contracts being one,hope they sort out on 17.
But still enjoyable until the 15 of Sep I guess

Heheh yes I know what you mean about sliders messing with your head. I do use sliders because I cannot get on with the top 2 levels (can't remember what they are now because I've been playing PES demo) so I play on, I think, Professional, which means CPU is a little easy sometimes. So I give it slight speed advantage and things. If I change GK slider and then they let a goal in I'm thinking maybe I should move the slider up, if they make a good save I'm thinking maybe I should move the slider down.

What level do you play on?

I haven't had the chance to try the pes demo, I'm on PC and you know how Konami treats PC gamers. Like I said before geeeee, I've only played exhibition matches.. I'm waiting for a new season patch before getting a career mode going. So, I haven't felt any disadvantage against the AI so far. At the moment I'm playing on World Class.

Maybe I'll do the same if things get too crazy, but at the moment I'm okay with default sliders. Is there an exact date for the FIFA 17 demo? If there is no big improvement gameplay-wise from FIFA 16 I'll probably wait till the price drops. I don't really care about the new faces, managers, or the journey game mode.

I've enjoyed my career on FIFA a great deal,been playing it since the Demo of PES 17 came out.
Wouldn't say it's a good game though,every team plays the same,and CPU never plays direct or long.
But it's fun nevertheless,if you get pass that.
I'm using Matts latest sliders and playing on Legendary.
I usually play player career,controlling the whole team.
That mode has tons issues,contracts being one,hope they sort out on 17.
But still enjoyable until the 15 of Sep I guess

All Barca style build up play rock? Bummer.. I'm starting to like this game, too bad if the AI lacks variety. I'll see how it goes

By the 10th minute of the first half, the CPU already had 2 yellow card on their shoulders and by the end of the match they got 4 in all. They were so aggressive! Loved it.

BEyeo1f.png

Agejr0H.png

All Barca style build up play rock? Bummer.. I'm starting to like this game, too bad if the AI lacks variety. I'll see how it goes
Yes sir,gets boring after a while,but the again,it's a good game if you see past it.
Few things bug me,been getting a couple of red cards,were you clearly hear the tackle is on the ball,replay shows it to.
And FIFAs scripting is subtle,usually your players stops running or react slow in crucial situations,or you passing knee high for a final pass.
But again,I've enjoyed it,more now than when it came out.
If you see pass that all play Barca style,and have pass percent of 87-92.
Hopefully 17 will be better.

Made a few alterations to Matts and OS sliders.
Very good sliders from the get go,but didn't work out for me on Legandary.
But since I've made those changes,this game has been absolutely fantastic.
I've played 4 games since making the changes,what surprised me the most?
Faced City away with Sunderland,a very very tight and tough game,but city played direct and fast when needed,not sideways and boring,and they played long.
Got caught snoozing,and couldn't believe my eyes,a long ball between my MF!

Anyway Matts sliders have been good to me,with this change I'm loving it.
Suits me perfectly.
Will put them up on the slider thread.

Made a few alterations to Matts and OS sliders.
Very good sliders from the get go,but didn't work out for me on Legandary.
But since I've made those changes,this game has been absolutely fantastic.
I've played 4 games since making the changes,what surprised me the most?
Faced City away with Sunderland,a very very tight and tough game,but city played direct and fast when needed,not sideways and boring,and they played long.
Got caught snoozing,and couldn't believe my eyes,a long ball between my MF!

Anyway Matts sliders have been good to me,with this change I'm loving it.
Suits me perfectly.
Will put them up on the slider thread.

Great rock.. I think I'm going to try to mess around with sliders now. On default the AI plays exactly the same no matter who I play against and it annoys me. Will try yours and matts'..

Just posted on the slider thread,think marking and getting both sides on better ball touch (passing and FTC) is a key to get them playing more varied.
If you get some findings,post them mate

Man when you find a slider set you're happy with, this game can be so great! My favourite Fifa game was probably the South African WC one, as I loved how responsive it felt, like you could score any type of goal. (Given I scored a overhead kick in like my 3rd game on it, helped.) And I just wanted that with club teams and now I have. (I even finally managed to score with the classic fake-shot around the keeper from my beloved ISS 2) But while it's easy now for me and the CPU to create lots of varied chances, I haven't had many goal fests, there's usually just one or two goals in it. But I did have a classic one last night, a 4-0 victory against Shakhtar Donetsk with Juventus. Shaktar actually dominated me in the first half, but I made some changes at half time and then when they had a player sent off in the second half they just fell apart, conceding two late penalties in quick succession and to cap off their collapse their defender sliced a clearance straight to my player in front of goal! - That's how football games should be! I'm on last gen, so 17 probably won't be much different anyway but I really hope they don't mess it up now!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom