FIFA 16 News & Discussion Thread

The only reason I can't go back to this is because the AI were useless at crossing the ball. 90% of the time it would go out behind the goal for a goal kick.

This is true if you rise the pass error slider at or above 55. I am using default slider and bad crosses by the cpu happens but they remain very dangerous with it. Had a nightmare of a game against l'Athletic Bilbao and Aduriz

Can any of the stuff I mentioned above be negated with mods etc.? Bear in mind I'm totally new to this and I don't know what can realistically be fixed or altered using INI files and the like!
Another question too... Is there any way to play the career mode online with a friend on PC? I've heard about some Nvidia co-op system but apparently it needs to have the game on the "supported" list, and FIFA isn't on there...

Wow, you guys are really tempting me with this. Especially @Chuny who I think share some really similar soccer gaming tastes with mine.

I remember Fifa 16 at the times as a game with a really nice structure, but what stopped me at the time was a cpu that I perceived as either too easy or frustrating beyond belief, especially in career. I indeed remember doing a lot of friendlies, but having difficulties in bringing forward any kind of long term career.

Do more recent gameplay patches change that?

Can any of the stuff I mentioned above be negated with mods etc.? Bear in mind I'm totally new to this and I don't know what can realistically be fixed or altered using INI files and the like!

Wow, you guys are really tempting me with this. Especially @Chuny who I think share some really similar soccer gaming tastes with mine.

I remember Fifa 16 at the times as a game with a really nice structure, but what stopped me at the time was a cpu that I perceived as either too easy or frustrating beyond belief, especially in career. I indeed remember doing a lot of friendlies, but having difficulties in bringing forward any kind of long term career.

Do more recent gameplay patches change that?

Like I said, I'm using Supernova's latest gameplay patch and playing on Professional.
As you could see in one of the videos I uploaded yesterday, the CPU can cross the ball and head it pretty damn good, so I don't know what your issues were back then. As for the ball retaining thingy... I set the First Touch Error for the CPU to about 65 and passing error to about 54 and they feel more human now.

I can't really force you or convince you, nor do I want to, because I don't want to be responsible if you end up spending a lot of time re-downloading and re-installing the game and then getting all the mods (which can be quite time consuming) only to then say "I'm not satisfied". So it's up to you guys.

Like I said, I'm using Supernova's latest gameplay patch and playing on Professional.
As you could see in one of the videos I uploaded yesterday, the CPU can cross the ball and head it pretty damn good, so I don't know what your issues were back then. As for the ball retaining thingy... I set the First Touch Error for the CPU to about 65 and passing error to about 54 and they feel more human now.

I can't really force you or convince you, nor do I want to, because I don't want to be responsible if you end up spending a lot of time re-downloading and re-installing the game and then getting all the mods (which can be quite time consuming) only to then say "I'm not satisfied". So it's up to you guys.

Man I had way more than 100 hours on Fifa 16 anyway.. don't worry, worst case scenario I already know what I'm getting into.. I'll probably give it a try since I'm without soccer games as of now, if I still don't like it, amen, I surely won't blame it on you :D (I also have the dvd box that if I can recall correctly had most of the game.. shouldn't take this long to reinstall it)

I think @Matt10 might be a better man to answer to that question, since I don't play with lower-league teams (I'm still a kid at heart). But, for what is worth, I feel huge difference between each player, you can feel the weight and the individuality A LOT more than on any of the later versions of FIFA. Even between top players.

I'm telling ya, 16 is the best all-around football game once you apply all the mods and stuff I mentioned earlier.
I'm using Supernova's gameplay mod (the latest version) and it's so good. I can't get past Professional difficulty because I'd get my ass handed to me.

I've been trying to think of something negative to say. Like "I just wish FIFA 16 had more...." but I honestly couldn't.
If you take away the fact that graphics-wise it's still a 2 year old game, then there's nothing else to say. And even if you were (which I know you aren't) a graphics-whore, once you get a good Reshade and a few other mods (LOD mod, turfs mod, etc) you wouldn't go back to FIFA 17 or 18 for the graphics.

Players Individuality - Got it
Faithful recreation of team styles - Got it
Variety and Randomness - Got it
Careful positioning and thinking before shooting (or else the ball will end up in Row Z) - Got it
AI making mistakes - Got it
AI being smart - Got it
Pretty good Team tactics + strategies - Got it

I don't know man...
I'm addicted to FIFA 16 now.

Perfectly said, mate.

It's the best AI in FIFA hands down. The patience, the hurry, the understanding of match scenario. It's all there.

From a graphical standpoint, love the pitch textures. I know Chuny you are the master here, but compared to FIFA 17/18, the turf textures are some of the best in any game to me. FIFA 12 with Rainy's reshade was one of the best of all time on the PC, but after playing 17/18, FIFA 16 is a breath of fresh air. Combine that with these custom stadiums, updated squads, great gameplay...hard to put it down.

I should post my career mode here, hope you guys don't mind. Let me know and I'll do so!

Pass error is just one of those values in the ignite engine that hurt crossing so much. The slider comment in the game says it only affects low passes...sure.

I sent you my video of the games I played and you won't really see too many terrible crossing there, and pass error is at 62. That match was on Legendary though, but my testing on World Class has been just as good. I take FIFA 16 as a single player game for me because of how good the AI is.

Regarding INI files, definitely. The supernova gameplay patch is solid, but I had issues with the ball physics and his referee strictness was sending everyone off on every foul. I modified the important data for myself, and like where it's going. I've included the cl.ini in my drive as well.

Regarding the drive, I just downloaded another 60+ stadiums that need to be converted. Loving this. Just wish I had more time!

Regarding INI files, definitely. The supernova gameplay patch is solid, but I had issues with the ball physics and his referee strictness was sending everyone off on every foul. I modified the important data for myself, and like where it's going. I've included the cl.ini in my drive as well.

Are you sure you are using the latest version of it? Because I've had none of that, like... literally!

Are you sure you are using the latest version of it? Because I've had none of that, like... literally!

Lol no, I last used it mid February. Has there been an update? I used the one in which he advised if the referee is too strict, you can remove the line of code from the cl.ini

That's why i also wrote many time ago that Fifa 16 is still the best.Only the shooting was a little off sometimes because it nearly always had that banana curve and it would be better if it was more straight sometimes.And also the eternal problem of EA with the weight feel and the twitchy animations.

That's one of the main reasons i nearly always preffered the feel of Pes,cause you feel the weight of player and ball.

Frostbite brought better graphics and player models and better cutscenes but in general it made the game clunkier.

I haven't played it for a long time now because some fucking hacker hacked my origin account and i couldn't access it.
But now it's cheap so i'm thinking of maybe buying it again.I remember that i had liked it and played it for more than a year and on slow with the correct sliders it had a decent sim feel.
Also with the great Moddingway patch and so many other modding capabilities it was very good.Good to see that the patch is updated even today.

EA not only ruined all the modding ability with the unnecessary introduction of Frostbite but also fucked up the game in general gameplaywise.They had to stick with Ignite and improve it furthermore and maybe today we would have a great game.

So tempted to get started on this. I've just upgraded my ageing PC (it's the generation before i3/i5/i7 was invented), but it might cope with FIFA 16 on lowish settings.

Is it that much of a difference compared to FIFA 17 (which I liked a lot towards the end of its lifespan) and FIFA 18 (which I just don't think is a very good game)?

I was going to maybe install FIFA 17 and fiddle with the INI files on that based on @Topaz's experiences, I'm confused now...

What's it like playing a lower-league team compared to a top-league team? Can you feel much of a difference from an AI perspective?

While FIFA 16 have it's issue(like not much difference between a 1 star team vs 6 star team, not much difference between slower player vs faster player, ping pong CPU passing), it's still the best FIFA 16 when it comes to gameplay, dribbling, midfield battle and strength. The build up play is amazing. However compared to FIFA 17 which has a big difference between big team vs small teams and where each team plays different and fast players can outpace slower players, FIFA 17 have issues especially with dribbling, not enough midfield battle and weak CPU attacking. But honestly, I cannot pick. I have had almost equal number of hours in both FIFA 16 and FIFA 17 and I played them 500x times more than FIFA 18 and FIFA 15 combined(which were the worst FIFA in my experience). @Chris Davies it really boils down with what you want here. They both have pros and cons. However, if you do end up getting FIFA 17 on PC, make sure to install gameplay patches that remove scripting because it's the most scripted game ever but really easy to remove them. It might make the game a bit easy but I have the perfect gameplay patch that removes the scripted elements of the game and also make it fun and challenging so the CPU is more aware of holes and can exploit you better. However FIFA 16 doesn't have any impact with gameplay patches so what you get is what you get. FIFA 17 is highly customizable and have a mod manager to make it easy to install mods/patches and career mode mods and gameplay mods works the best. Also Custom Team Tactics have no effect in FIFA 16 since the CPU always follow the same style of play in FIFA 16.

@Topaz, thanks for replying to me, really appreciate it. You helped me decide where to spend my energy:

FIFA 17 have issues especially with dribbling, not enough midfield battle and weak CPU attacking.

I have a huge issue with dribbling in 17/18, because I don't use the trick stick and all that. So I'm going to give 16 a real go.

The stuff about team tactics not working is sad - I wanted to use the demo code, which I believe helps in this regard, but I haven't got the demo downloaded on my Origin account so I can't (I believe that's a pre-requisite of getting the custom tactics to work).

Annoyingly, that's probably the most important part of the game to me - yet 17 and 18 are so end-to-end I don't feel like you could even tell if they were working there.

It's all installing as I speak, looking forward to getting home and trying it out later.

I reinstalled this game, mostly because of Moddingway patch and so many mods and stuffs that can be used by Revolution mod. Also so many new stadiums for game make it totaly better.
Game is amaizing.

First one:
Jesus. That is beautiful.

This raises two more questions for me...

Firstly, what's this reshade stuff all about and how do I do it?

Secondly, @Chuny, do you feel there's a difference between playing against e.g. Man City and Burnley? Then, between a big team and a tiny team? Or do the tiny team play like a standard Premier League team?

Just took a quick look at the demo while it is downloading the rest (sadly I can't install it from dvds alone.. I don't know if there is something I did wrong or if they removed the possibility, just two hours from now anyway)..

For once, the first things I can notice is that dynamic camera (my fav) used to be SO much better, not the all out zoomed stuff of the last two years, but a better balanced compromise.. and we also had visible rain that I honestly couldn't remember, which I absolutely love since it gives me the idea I'm watching a game live, and not from behind some cold monitor.. looking at you, Fifa 17/18..

For the rest.. the game feels better than I remember, pad in hands.. can't really wait to mod the shit out of it..

First of all, let me tell you that I disagree with @Topaz for the most part. I feel the difference between each player's speed FAR more than in FIFA 17 or 18. I mean, for me, the difference is night and day. Speed and dribbling stats are incredible in FIFA 16. Sané is A beast at both. While Sterling is very quick but not very accurate when dribbling.

Jesus. That is beautiful.

This raises two more questions for me...

Firstly, what's this reshade stuff all about and how do I do it?

Secondly, @Chuny, do you feel there's a difference between playing against e.g. Man City and Burnley? Then, between a big team and a tiny team? Or do the tiny team play like a standard Premier League team?

Second, ReShade... do you know what SweetFX is? Well, ReShade is SweetFX but far more advanced. SweetFX was like, the predecessor of ReShade. Both are post-FX shaders. You can tweak colors, lighting, contrast, brightness, sharpness or blur. The possibilities are endless. Unfortunately I don't know whether your PC will be able to handle it. But you should definitely try. The worst that can happen is that it kills the performance of your game, and all you have to do is delete 3 or 4 files and that's that.

Just watched the video They does look pretty good, camera looks amazing. Shame about Silvas face, looked like a generic?

Pace & the ball physics looked splendid.

Was looking forward to trying this out at lunch, but I've totally stuffed the install.

ModdingWay's instructions aren't very clear. On the downloads page, it says to extract everything, overwriting the original files, then run the installer. Actually, you extract the first package, THEN run that installer, extract the second package, THEN run that installer... Etc...

I'll try again tomorrow (got to go out tonight)... :(

FIFA 16 is the best FIFA ever, no doubt about that. But i still feel like it is inferior to pes golden era (3-6, especially 5). Tactics don't work though, i tested it on different versions (demo, 1.0 and last patch), for example the player instruction to sit deep for midfielder never work, you will still see him wander near the opponent box. The shooting is great, but there are "sweet spots" where you are almost guaranteed to score... 1-1 against goalkeeper are too difficult. Finally, i don't feel much differences between playing Barça or Coventry City, but it could be me... The CPU sometimes scoring unstoppable shot after ping passing is also annoying.

First of all, let me tell you that I disagree with @Topaz for the most part. I feel the difference between each player's speed FAR more than in FIFA 17 or 18. I mean, for me, the difference is night and day. Speed and dribbling stats are incredible in FIFA 16. Sané is A beast at both. While Sterling is very quick but not very accurate when dribbling.

Second, ReShade... do you know what SweetFX is? Well, ReShade is SweetFX but far more advanced. SweetFX was like, the predecessor of ReShade. Both are post-FX shaders. You can tweak colors, lighting, contrast, brightness, sharpness or blur. The possibilities are endless. Unfortunately I don't know whether your PC will be able to handle it. But you should definitely try. The worst that can happen is that it kills the performance of your game, and all you have to do is delete 3 or 4 files and that's that.

Dribbling stats are wonderful in FIFA 16 and I agree you feel more difference in dribbling stat in FIFA 16 and FIFA 17. However I have seen many times that slower defender catches up with my faster attacker in FIFA 16 and it never had in FIFA 17.

Was looking forward to trying this out at lunch, but I've totally stuffed the install.

ModdingWay's instructions aren't very clear. On the downloads page, it says to extract everything, overwriting the original files, then run the installer. Actually, you extract the first package, THEN run that installer, extract the second package, THEN run that installer... Etc...

I'll try again tomorrow (got to go out tonight)... :(

Follow this:

1- Download this: http://www.moddingway.com/file/227130.html extract or copy all the files to FIFA 16 main folder and run the ModdingWay Installer (preferably as admin). This is the biggest pack of all since it's an All In One, so it will take a few minutes. DON'T OPEN ModdingWay's Selector after that.
Then, do the same with these in the exact same way as you did in Step One and follow the order of the links. One by one:
- http://www.moddingway.com/file/227586.html
- http://www.moddingway.com/file/227806.html
- http://www.moddingway.com/file/229397.html
- http://www.moddingway.com/file/229434.html

After that, I suggest to Regenerate FIFA 16 using FILE MASTER: http://www.moddingway.com/file/209205.html (download, install, run as admin, browse to the FIFA 16 main folder, then on the top bar click on Tool>Regenerate and wait until it says 'Ready' at the bottom-left of the program).

Run FIFA and see if it worked. You should now see squads up to date including Winter transfers, the latest kits, etc.

If you've made it through successfully let me know and I'll suggest a few more stuff, like File Server (with Stadiums, Scoreboards), faces, etc.

I'll watch it on my break @Chuny, thanks for uploading. Is there any camera mods for this? I gotta have my broadcast camera customisation!

Yup, I'm using a Camera Mod.

Just watched the video They does look pretty good, camera looks amazing. Shame about Silvas face, looked like a generic?

Pace & the ball physics looked splendid.

When you say Silva's face you mean Bernardo Silva, right?.

Back
Top Bottom