FIFA 16 News & Discussion Thread

Here you go:
https://mega.nz/#!C8MySIqD!ET529dcAEVPqGCKP20S0yE-Vtj-LPzrCDEMPV362lMo

For those who don't know, instructions are in this thread, post #5342.

Don't apply it to your DB if you're using Supernova's, Doctor+/Fidel's, fifaCCitiu's..., any DB that already has its own gameplay formula, that includes Moddingway's Matrix, use the non-Matrix one

To be used with the v1.01 .exe here: https://mega.nz/#!zl9FCaBL!LkMFPVkR4pqilyCkttcX0qK8HvYMb1eJGHa4IYXBvB8

Note: as to the latest Origin update, you don't need to put Origin offline to play (been playing for days without any update prompts)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DB edits:

These are not absolute tweaks, they take fifaCCitiu's original edits in consideration (eg: Speed = -50% means Speed = Gameplayzed Value -50%)

Agility [except GKs]:
  • 99-80 Agility Range = -5%
  • 79-70 Agility Range = -75%
  • 69-60 Agility Range = -78%
  • 59-50 Agility Range = -80%
  • 49-40 Agility Range = -83%
  • 39-30 Agility Range = -86%
  • 29-20 Agility Range = -89%
  • 19-10 Agility Range = -92%
  • 9-1 Agility Range = -95%
Only the best of the best will do magic tricks. For average players, agility is too high

Standing Tackle: <= Sliding Tackle/2
Players will slide tackle more = more fouls

Sprint Speed & Acceleration:

• 99-80 Speed/Accel. Range = -5%
  • 79-70 Speed/Accel. Range = -23%
  • 69-60 Speed/Accel. Range = -42%
  • 59-50 Speed/Accel. Range = -60%
  • 49-40 Speed/Accel. Range = -67%
  • 39-30 Speed/Accel. Range = -74%
  • 29-20 Speed/Accel. Range = -81%
  • 19-10 Speed/Accel. Range = -88%
  • 9-1 Speed/Accel. Range = -95%
Fast players will be faster than slower players

Stamina: -70%
Players will tire. They will not recover as they should IRL for the next match; I will need to edit cmsettings.ini later for that, together with managerai.ini (controls CPU managers' decisions, lineups,...) and simsettings.ini (simulated matches engine -- I know Papinho made one :))))

Ball Control:
-40%
Harder to dribble

Dribbling:

• DFs = +680%
  • FWs = -50%
  • Others = +135%
Trying to prevent tiki-taka. DFs tend to pass more on vanilla gameplay. FWs do the opposite, they tend to needlessly dribble

Short Passing:

• All players = -30%
  • Then, DFs = <= (Dribbling+680%)-39, Min 25, Max 59
  • FWs = >= (Dribbling-50%)+55, Max 95
  • Others = <= (Dribbling+135%)-20, Min 25, Max 59
See Dribbling above, these ratings work in tandem. The jury is still out for this one. Maybe there are indeed some improvements, but I suspect Team Tactics play a bigger role here

Long Passing:
-20%
Make players dribble more. Will probably need to make it proportional, don't know

Crossing:
-5%
Same as above

Long Shots:
>= 75
More shots from outside the area

GK Handling:
-60%, Min 5
GKs will no longer block impossible shots, will mishandle more

Attacking Work Rate [except GKs]:
Low
Prevent CPU frantic attack

Defending Work Rate [except GKs]:
High
More pressure, tackles, fouls

Build Up Passing in Team Tactics:
<= 42
Anything lower and you'll only see short set pieces taken by the CPU

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sliders:

World Class/Legendary, 10-15 Minutes, Slow
Sprint 51/50
Acceleration 49/48
Shot Error 55/55
Pass Error 60/70 //This slider is the only way to lower CPU passing %
Shot Speed 51/51
Pass Speed 35/35
Injury Freq 70/70 //I like seeing players having to be treated on the touchline more often, like in IRL, but... :THINK:
Injury Severity 60/60 //Same
GK Ability 25/25 //No more superhuman saves, trust me
Marking 60/65
Run Freq. 20/20
Height 0/0 //Bangus' suggestion, ultra low and tight defensive line. Let me know your thoughts
Length 20/20 //Same
Width 35/35 //Same
Fullbacks 15/15
First Touch 40/50 //With lower player speed, accel. and agility, they make more mistakes
Power Bar 50

cl.ini:
This is my cl.ini. I suggest you make a backup of yours and use mine, as DB, sliders and cl.ini are interdependent.
The first 5 lines are there because I have Moddingway, which in turn also uses the Revolution Mod (which needs the STADIUM_... strings).
Actual gameplay strings start at []//CPU ATTRIBUTES.

MODDINGWAY=MODDINGWAY1
FE_STADIUM_ID=149

STADIUM_DRESSING_OVERRIDE=1
STADIUM_USE_LEGACY_ADBOARDS=1
FE_STADIUM_LIGHT_TYPE_ID=3

[]//CPU ATTRIBUTES
CPUAI_USE_ATTRIBUTES=1
CPUAI_USE_TRAITS=1
CPUAI_USE_MENTALITY=1
CPUAI_USE_DIFFICULTY=0
MUST_RUN_FWD_INTENSITY=0

[]//CPU DEFENDING
CPUAI_DEFENSE_DIFFICULTY=8
MENTAL_INFLEXIBILITY=100
MENTAL_POSITIONING=100
MENTAL_INTERCEPTIONS=75
FORCE_OUTSIDE=4.0
FORCE_INSIDE=4.0
KEEP_UP_PRESSURE=1
EFFORT_GIVEUP_LEVEL=99
AI_NO_SLIDE_TACKLE=0
MAX_REASON_FOR_SLIDE_TACKLE=2
MAX_REASON_FOR_STAND_TACKLE=1
SLIDE_TACKLE=500
STAND_TACKLE=500
SLIDETACKLE=500.0
TACKLE=500.0
DIVES_INTO_TACKLES=100
ALLOW_TACKLE_FROM_BEHIND_WHEN_AGGRESSIVE=1
ENABLE_PHYSICAL_PLAY_PUSH_PULL=1
PULL=40000
PUSH=8000
FOUL_TEAM_SIDE=1
FORCE_FOUL_TEAM_SIDE_ENABLED=1
CONTENTIOUS_FOUL_ENABLED=1

[]//REFEREE
RULES_FOUL=1
REFEREE_FOUL_STRICTNESS_OVERRIDE=2
REFEREE_CARD_STRICTNESS_OVERRIDE=0.8
USE_PRECISION_REF=1

[]//CHEATING
MovementPrediction=0
CPUAI_GetBallToPlayerScorePredictionPoints=0
[ADAPTIVE_DIFFICULTY]
ENABLED=0

They should be self-explanatory, but feel free to ask about them if something isn't perfectly clear.

Ok, this is everything. Enjoy, take your time, and let me know everything you notice (both in positive and negative)

Cheers :))

This was easiest the best flow ever, best gameplay ever, most realistic gameplay ever.

Job well done.

However the game gets a lot easier when the pace is slower. There's more time now and it certainly works on the favor of the player against CPU. But I'm sure I can compensate that from the sliders... giving the CPU some advantages... or taking MY advantages away.

I'll play another game tomorrow morning... setting CPU pass and shoot error lower or mine higher.

A lot of fouls and cards. Brilliant gameplay.

hXvq5jK.jpg

Actually I didn't change the sliders but used the previous ones. I'll adopt those for tomorrow's game.

You've done some fantastic work. You know your football man. There's no alternative to this if you want a football sim. And there's no doubt I can make it more difficult from the settings. Cheers!

14 fouls and 7 cards!

That's just incredible. None of the arcade football games have these numbers. Yeah I gotta tone down the cards a little too.

I will. Definitely. It's impossible to make global difficulty settings because everyone's skill level is different. That's why the most important thing was to "get it play right". And you did just that. You can't polish a turd (God knows I tried with PES2017 and PES2018) but FIFA 16 "base" is excellent. We just needed this extra tuning to make it amazing.

Of course guys, there's no rush :))

I'm gonna give you as many days as you need, after which I would like to ask you some specific questions about your observations, if that's alright with you ;))

Wondering what's best to test? Tournaments or seasons? I'd probably start with the latter even if for try the difference between big and small team, a tournament would surely be more practical.

:THINK: As long as it's not career (heavy DB edits break career in any sports game, but I'm planning to at least mitigate that at some point), you should be okay.

Be mindful that I still haven't touched fatigue recovery, so in the long run you may need to swap players in the starting lineup very frequently as they tend to be gassed (sorry about that) :))

:THINK: As long as it's not career (heavy DB edits break career in any sports game, but I'm planning to at least mitigate that at some point), you should be okay.
But you mean for players growth? Because career it's probably the only thing I play on long term :((. I can withstand some minor screw but i couldn't enjoy the game with only cups and plain leagues..

Yes, mainly players growth and salaries due to lowered ratings -- but don't worry, there are ways to balance that with .ini edits.

I never really said that career is unplayable, as long as the growth isn't too extreme (we can tweak that, in the vanilla game it's too much anyway), and if we can tweak the players' money value, you should be able to enjoy career too.

But this is another thing, that should come after we're done with the gameplay edits :))

Work all day Ciais... couldn't play another test game in the morning. Sorry for the delay. I'll play asap and share my thoughts.

Man.. had my first FA Cup.. wonderful first impressions!

I took Man City to test a big team; first round against Wigan, 0-0 but I pressed them all the time in a pretty realistic fashion, I simulated the re-match (sorry, I love FA Cup atmosphere but hate the re-play formula) and won 3-1.

Then, next turn.. Man United.. and boy, that was LOVELY.. I won 2-1 in a match that felt like a true damn derby.. I had 2 penalties, a good number of fouls from both sides, a very nice goal by Herrera and a final full of tension..

General notes: the rythm and the flow is truly magnificent.. I feel the weight of the players and the "actions" like never before in this game, same can be said of contrasts and collisions.
I was skeptical about line height at 0 but for this first matches it felt just fine, same for the keepers at 25.
Will get back when I'll do more games!

@El Pajaro: Relax, I'm not gonna kill you if you don't playtest immediately -- yet :BY:

@Madmac79: Thank you. Play as many games as you please (considering you seem to like it so far, I suspect it won't be difficult for you to do) :))
PS: Better to replay the game than to settle it with the toss of a coin (we basically won an European Championship that way :PP)

Now we're talking. I used your settings and cl.ini and there's not much to complain anymore.

The only change was that I used different speed and sprint settings because this works against the user. When the game is a bit faster you don't have so much time and that increases the difficulty. With that very slow tempo my defending becomes too effective. And I have a feeling the game speed might become a bit too slow with your speed settings.

I like how the fatigue increases faster now and the substitions will be in bigger role.

My speed and sprint User/CPU
62-61
54-53

MN57bd7.jpg

I simmed the remaining 2 group stage matches against Panama and Bolivia and play second round match against Mexico now. Another report soon... so far so good. :)

Every single game has AT LEAST 10 fouls total and good number of cards. This is perfect.

PS: This is no big deal but there might be a bit too many cards for minor offenses now for the CPU. It could be toned down just a little, little bit and whistled for normal fouls only. What is the cl.ini setting I should alter?

Last edited:
2nd round game against MEX. Got my ass kicked. On top of that they got a penalty (that Romero saved). One of my goals was a stupid defensive error by me.

Interesting observations: CPU gave all free kicks short again in this 2nd round game. AI plays differently here... with clearly more intensity. Probably it receives a boost in speed and sprint and thus... doesn't foul as much anymore.

I'll play another one (same matchup) and see if anything changes.

XnN0YoM.jpg

Hey El Pajaro,
  • I hear you about the (maybe) too low speed, but I believe you're putting your values way too high: "the faster the game and the more sprinting, the less fouls", Bangus says. Hence your frantic game against Mexico :))
  • To have less cards, reduce REFEREE_CARD_STRICTNESS_OVERRIDE in cl.ini to maybe 0.5, still haven't tested it properly
  • If CPU plays short set pieces again pretty frequently, in that case I should try and raise the minimum Build Up Passing higher than 42 (don't want it to be at least 50, though, will have to test)
And thank you for your input :))

Ok, cool. I'll try with slower speed and sprint values next.

The biggest thing is that I'm afraid the game becomes too easy with those settings. But let me see... I'll play the same matchup again with lower speed/sprint. Maybe that is not the case after all...

Another game with speed/sprint

User-CPU
56-55
54-53

Result: Probably the most realistic football game I've ever played. This plays amazing. You're right my values were too high. This is probably the best possible pace.

9ky42Cv.jpg

But not as many fouls as in the group stage games (remember, I now had lower values for speed and sprint than in my previous group games where I got much more fouls).

The CPU will definitely foul less in this second round game. I believe the hardcode increases their intensity and probably all roster values like speed and spring too (thus the short corner kicks). BUT the CPU plays better here and the game is more challenging and intense. I really like it.

This is not a big deal. I lost the game in penalties (played it a bit sloppily). I will try to simulate my way to the semifinal round and play another testing match.

Edit: I simmed this matchup again and went to the seminfinal against Ecuador. Report soon.

Last edited:
Here's the semifinal. Another brilliant game. More fouls now... very acceptable... on top of that probably 6-7 advantages that won't go to the fouls total.

Great gameplay. CPU got a handball in the penalty area and I put the shot in. Where can you take off the handballs from the penalty area?

gHlyqL4.jpg

Next: Argentina-Chile final (same as the real Copa America 2016 final).

Handballs can be changed in Settings (there's an option to disable them only in the box). BTW, are you having tons of handballs again? :THINK:

PS: I believe the amount of fouls is actually dictated by how one plays. If you sprint all over the place, the CPU won't be able to foul you for example.
I'd like to play a whole tournament to see for myself if CPU aggression and fouls change that much depending on the round (it most probably does, but I don't know how much)

15 min halfs, Legendary. Cias' sliders and Gameplayzer settings.

The Copa America Final:

Now this was something. Messi put an incredible free kick in and I was leading 1-0.

5WdJIi1.jpg

Then Banega got a red card at '34 from a dirty tackle near the penalty area.

2anKFCB.jpg

This forced me to change my system to very defensive 5-3-1 formation (with counterattack tactics).

I managed to play really defensive football all up until at '90. FIFA 16 is the only football game in the existence that actually allows you to play defensive, cynical football and keep the ball possession (for timewasting in mind) to some extent.

I almost managed to escape the faith... but then my luck ran out. Jara put in a heartbreaker during the additional time. It was a disaster.

PbwTcUK.jpg

Going to extra time my team was exahausted, playing with 10 and then Chile was awarded a penalty at '105, which Vidal calmly put in.

xLI0V64.jpg

I was forced to play all or nothing and I changed to all out attack (with 10 man). After a corner my defense was left wide open and Castillo put this into the history books for Chile.

NjLIj80.jpg

Stats.

f9CPRDl.jpg

Goals.

gpAh4qw.jpg

Chile celebrating.

tiNdykl.jpg

cJR4sbz.jpg

Q7OwxxW.jpg

9qk402d.jpg

SbqQXZ0.jpg

mu8a2lr.jpg

tX3h9XI.jpg

Listen to me... NOTHING comes even close to FIFA 16 with these Cias' Gameplayzer and cl.ini settings. This is so superior to every other football game I've played... and ONLY one that actually plays remotely like real football. There's no contest. You're absolutely crazy if you won't try this game.

Unlucky :))

PS: The Gameplayzer is actually fifaCCitiu's. Yes, I've been editing it (with Bangus and others' ideas), but the source code is all his :))

The feeling I had when I was fighting with 10 man from the '34 and ALMOST managed to secure it... but then they equalized in the additional time... that was so heartbreaking. :D

You actually CAN shut it all down and play full defense in this game. And keep the possession in the defensive zone with passing (and waste time too)... in modern PES this would never, ever be possible... the comeback logic is so ridiculous.

I'm about to do a World Cup with England to test these new gameplay tweaks properly.

The only changes I've made to the settings are:
  • Increased minimum Build Up Passing in Team Tactics to 45 (not ideal, but I find the short corners much more annoying than quick build-up -- which I don't really see that much, having globally lowered speed and acceleration)
  • Lowered REFEREE_CARD_STRICTNESS_OVERRIDE to 0.5 in cl.ini (I was seeing too many cards)
I also tried increasing the Speed/Accel. sliders, but even just by 1 point the game felt frenetic. Maybe it was the animations, but it felt fast to me. So those sliders are staying 51/50 and 49/48 for me.

PS: @Chris Davies, are you by any chance still interested in this? I remember you had some worries about low ratings for lower-tier teams, but I can't really say about that. Right now the difference in ratings between teams and players is maybe not as clear as in the vanilla game. The best way would be to see how they feel when playing against each other, since I don't wanna simulate realistic ratings but gameplay, if you know what I mean. Let me know if/when you're willing to try this, even for Career Mode :))

(warning: kinda long :D .)

Just completed my Fa Cup.

I can confirm: this work feels excellent so far.

Beat Cardiff with relative ease; had a very nice game against Birmingham, where they parked the bus shamelessly, only for me to bring in a fresh Sanè in the last 15 minutes, who run away in the wings and made the perfect cross for Aguero (and for the victory).

Beat 2-1 West Ham in the semi finals, then I had another magnificent final against Tottenham.

I lost: Son scored with a casual incursion in my box, in the first 10 minutes or something; couldn't recover, but the moments of football I lived after were overwhelming! Sterling injured himself, had to bring in Sanè; minutes later, the same fate occurred to Edu Silva, out for Gabriel Jesus.
Tottenham went near the second goal more than once; intensity went up in the second half and they did at least three perfect tactical fouls, which I truly loved (especially a very intelligent and real life like hold on De Bruyne, ready to run in the box).

Then, Dembele took the second yellow at the 80th minute, I went full out attack but they defended with teeth and nails, 10 men behind the ball.. and the Cup rightfully went to the Spurs.

Notes:

-Stamina as it is now adds an indescribable depth to the game. Every substitution counts gold; the natural drop in the second half of the game truly changes the whole rythm and balance of the match. I love it!
-I agree that, at least for now, 51-50 and 49-48 feels super good for sprint/acc., even animations benefit a good margin from it. Hope we'll be able to leave it like that.
-Big teams (Man U, Tottenham) were very challenging; small teams, less so even if still hard fo other means. Needs more testing of course, but promising.

On a more general opinion.. the "football" feeling I'm getting from this mod is something I wasn't expecting. I think vanilla Fifa 16 already does a decent job in representing the different phases of a game: the one in which you are defending, the one in which you go all out attack, the midfield, study moments and so on.

Well, the work you did, caro Ciais, seems to amplify this feel by easily tens of times. I can't even count all the random, small episodes I had in this rather short run of a Cup. It felt like every game was a story on itself.
The only "critic" (but that's more a warning for the curious out there, really) I can move, is that behind all this luxurious job, this game is still Fifa 16, so if you don't like the general vibe of this title, I don't know if you'll gonna appreciate any of this.

That said, I think the road for a masterpiece has been taken. The base is clearly there to do something unique :) .

Back
Top Bottom