FIFA 16 News & Discussion Thread

Thank you my friend. I actually downloaded another one yesterday that did the trick. Ill check this one.

One last question and I wont bug you anymore. Are you playing vanilla gameplay? Or do you recommend any cl.ini file? Supernova or something like that. At the moment Im trying to find middle ground between sliders/difficulty (found legendary better than world class... so far)

Still the best FIFA game of all time gameplay wise. Nothing comes close to the difficulty and the individuality and the freedom in the pitch.

Im loving this so much.... I forgot how nice it played. I see randomness and thing in this engine that I dont see anymore.... I just hope Infinity patch can keep this going for more years....

I am playing the extended demo version with minimal adjustments to home and away game difficulty in the cl.ini but no other gameplay change.
What is meant by extended demo version? Is that demo gameplay on the full game?

Does this have any compatibility issues with MW mod or Stadium Server etc?

What is meant by extended demo version? Is that demo gameplay on the full game?

Does this have any compatibility issues with MW mod or Stadium Server etc?

Yes it is the full game with the demo gameplay.

I have had no problem installing Moddingway and FIP mods.
@shawminator File Server is not yet compatible with the demo (different memory addresses), but I cooked a Stadium Server which is compatible with any fifa16 versions (it relies on extracting ids from a user taken screen shot using an OCR process). It is working perfectly for me (and a handful of others users) but installation is not so easy as it uses both R and Python3 and a few files to be installed. You can find it in the fifa edit section, there is a detailed installation and usage manual and videos tutorials.

Yes it is the full game with the demo gameplay.

I have had no problem installing Moddingway and FIP mods.
@shawminator File Server is not yet compatible with the demo (different memory addresses), but I cooked a Stadium Server which is compatible with any fifa16 versions (it relies on extracting ids from a user taken screen shot using an OCR process). It is working perfectly for me (and a handful of others users) but installation is not so easy as it uses both R and Python3 and a few files to be installed. You can find it in the fifa edit section, there is a detailed installation and usage manual and videos tutorials.
How do you install this extended demo gameplay? I have tried google but can't find anything clear, I have both Demo & Full game.

This game gets me so emotional. Some matches are so difficult. AI is so ruthless and decisive.

I don't know about you but I really find that difficulty is in general proportional to my opponent strength, as it should be. Against smaller sides I really feel in control of the game, even though it doesn't always go in my way. But the really big team are so hard to play, the like of Real Madrid and Juvntus have been a pain for me to play against in CL.

I am playing the extended demo version with minimal adjustments to home and away game difficulty in the cl.ini but no other gameplay change.
@papinho81 are you talking about an extended demo version .exe? Could you share your cl.ini please? Have to agree with everyone else, FIFA 16 has the best FIFA gameplay in the history of the series. That's why FIFA 20 is built on it's engine, yet still falls short.

I don't know about you but I really find that difficulty is in general proportional to my opponent strength, as it should be. Against smaller sides I really feel in control of the game, even though it doesn't always go in my way. But the really big team are so hard to play, the like of Real Madrid and Juvntus have been a pain for me to play against in CL.

Yep against better teams than my team, you cannot make any mistakes. They punish you so much. I do everything right, winning 1-0, and I try to dribble with my defender who takes a bad touch, their CM intercepts and close me down and starts a counter attack and I feel the panic and concede a goal. And then AI get the motivation and momentum and put me under a lot of pressure and I end up making another mistake and they get a crossing opportunity and they play a cutback pass to a CM that i didn't mark and they slot it in. Two goals in 5 mins and match ends.

I heard the no touch dribbling system in this game is cool and yet another thing they removed or toned down in later games. Might check this out. Hopefully there's a decent midfield battle.

Today I saw that we can use NVIDIA Freestyle with FIFA 16. Maybe that's since a long time but for me this is new. I would advice everyone to test it because you can easily made three presets and you can tune your game optically like you want it. For me it's like a new game now again.

Today I saw that we can use NVIDIA Freestyle with FIFA 16. Maybe that's since a long time but for me this is new. I would advice everyone to test it because you can easily made three presets and you can tune your game optically like you want it. For me it's like a new game now again.

Yep I am using it too instead of reshade. You can add all the reshade effects to your Ansel folder (Program files/Nvidia Corporation/Ansel) and most of them are compatible with Nvidia freestyle. The only ones that doesn't work for me are the qunit set. I am playing the game with a 2x DSR resolution and my performance impact is much lower when using freestyle compared with reshade 4.

I am currently trying to make my "perfect" lut whith photoshop, that I can laod with the lut.fx shader in order to do my color, contrast, corrections (possibilities are endless!).
Not sure one single lut will work with all time of the day and weather though.
I might add a lut option to my stadium server in the future.

Last edited:
Yep I am using it too instead of reshade. You can add all the reshade effects to your Ansel folder (Program files/Nvidia Corporation/Ansel) and most of them are compatible with Nvidia freestyle. The only ones that doesn't work for me are the qunit set. I am playing the game with a 2x DSR resolution and my performance impact is much lower when using freestyle compared with reshade 4.

I am currently trying to make my "perfect" lut whith photoshop, that I can laod with the lut.fx shader in order to do my color, contrast, corrections (possibilities are endless!).
Not sure one single lut will work with all time of the day and weather though.
I might add a lut option to my stadium server in the future.
That sounds interesting, I wouldn't mind seeing some pics if you get the chance. I've never used Freestyle since it was first introduced but lost interest because you couldn't actually see the values you had inputted - Is that still the case?

That sounds interesting, I wouldn't mind seeing some pics if you get the chance. I've never used Freestyle since it was first introduced but lost interest because you couldn't actually see the values you had inputted - Is that still the case?

You have close to reshade control on the various effects. Only processors variables can't be tuned (maybe I am wrong here?).
If you have geforce experience installed, just press alt and f3 (not f4... hehe) and you can switch between 3 possible presets by game. The 3 only presets might be the main limitation compared with reshade. Also I am not sure where those presets are stored.
I am using the sharpen filter available in the nvidia manager section (it seems it has a lower performance impact than when sharpen is set with freestyle), plus clarity2 and lut through freestyle. It has massively improved the look of the game for me but I am still tweaking my luts (another rabbit hole) since I am not 100% satisfied with it.
By screenshots, what do you want to see? Before/after? Or just the freestyle interface?

You have close to reshade control on the various effects. Only processors variables can't be tuned (maybe I am wrong here?).
If you have geforce experience installed, just press alt and f3 (not f4... hehe) and you can switch between 3 possible presets by game. The 3 only presets might be the main limitation compared with reshade. Also I am not sure where those presets are stored.
I am using the sharpen filter available in the nvidia manager section (it seems it has a lower performance impact than when sharpen is set with freestyle), plus clarity2 and lut through freestyle. It has massively improved the look of the game for me but I am still tweaking my luts (another rabbit hole) since I am not 100% satisfied with it.
By screenshots, what do you want to see? Before/after? Or just the freestyle interface?
Yeah before/After would be nice!

Yeah before/After would be nice!

Here are some video with a comparison of vanilla vs simply a lut loaded through freestyle. The lut has a) a slight color balance correction as the default palette is not too bad in standard conditions, b) a midtones contrast boost that gets rid of the greyish look of the default game, but also makes the details pop a bit (a sort of rough clarity), c) a slight saturation boost (an increase of saturation of undersaturated areas plus a saturation decrease of too saturated areas). Note that both have sharpen set to 0.3 with film grain to 0.5 through the Nvidia control panel.

You can pause the videos to have has many screenshot comparisons as you want.

The thing is from one stadium to another and from one weather to another the both the light and the colours change quite dramatically and it is not easy to make one lut that work for all. The last video at San Siro on a cloudy winter afternoon is a good example.

Last edited:
I don't know if you guys tried this patch: http://soccergaming.com/index.php?threads/fifa-16-women-patch.182733/

Having a blast with all woman career mode. The woman gameplay is far superior than the man gameplay with more random sequence of attack, miskicks, misplaced passes and more natural human realistic gameplay. Also love the slower pace too. (Make sure you always play this game on Slow game speed). This is great for the quarantine atm.

Back
Top Bottom