FIFA 16 News & Discussion Thread

Funny experience... I bought PES 2021 last week... played it for 2 hours. Zero fouls, tons of goals, all arcade. And people call it "simulation". Hehe.

Back to FIFA 16 with @Ciais mods... pure awesomeness (at least compared to newer FIFAs and PES). Yeah FIFA 16 is not a perfect game but what Ciais did is just pure genius. It's good enough for me.

Let me know if you tried these. I played a game in Pro, WC and Leg today. Out of the 3, the worst was WC which is weird bc I had been enjoying it... but they just ping ponged passes and played backwards always to the keeper. Legendary was much better an not "harder" but I was playing against a low rated team and it still felt a bit overpowered. Pro, felt very human like in the sense the did some more mistakes, but are braindead in some aspects, dont know if upping sliders will help

@Ciais thanks for alll your help, ive put way too many hours in fifa 16 thanks to your mods.... do you think there is any additional strings to edit in the cl file to make pro play a bit harder? AI_CPU_DEFENSE, a higher number is easier? or the other way around?
I had a couple of friendlies with those cl.ini settings on professional and it didn't seem as bad, The AI was a bit more sophisticated but professional also seemed harder strangely?

It might be placebo so i'll have a few more games and i'll try the harder difficulties too and get back to ya.

I had a couple of friendlies with those cl.ini settings on professional and it didn't seem as bad, The AI was a bit more sophisticated but professional also seemed harder strangely?

It might be placebo so i'll have a few more games and i'll try the harder difficulties too and get back to ya.

That would mean it works. Meaning you are able to customize the difficulty of the Pro setting and make it more challenging.

But cup games are likely the worst in terms of scripting (lower sides over performing) because of the match importance.

There is also a file that controls the amount of nerfing/boost the away team gets before every game. A random number between 96(?) and 103(?) Is picked before every game and the difference to 100 determines the boost or the nerfing. So the away team more often gets the nerfing and it can be up to 3 points in overall applied to all the players.
I never tried to edit it but could be interesting.

Last edited:

I'll give them a go today

@papinho81 thanks for the values! I'll also try them

With the debacle that is FIFA 21, I'm very thankful we've got such up to date mods for 16 still! Those guys over at soccergaming have got my 16 more up to date than 21 - not to mention some of the patches available. Some screens of some new 21 faces/kits plus a couple from the RTWC patch.

FIFA 16 Screenshot 2020.10.16 - 22.58.39.34 (2).jpgFIFA 16 Screenshot 2020.10.16 - 14.33.11.52.jpgFIFA 16 Screenshot 2020.10.13 - 10.54.39.13.jpg
FIFA 16 Screenshot 2020.10.16 - 22.16.38.30 (2).jpgFIFA 16 Screenshot 2020.10.16 - 17.33.12.72.jpgFIFA 16 Screenshot 2020.10.16 - 22.48.11.57.jpgFIFA 16 Screenshot 2020.10.13 - 14.23.08.52.jpgFIFA 16 Screenshot 2020.10.13 - 11.36.47.46.jpg
FIFA 16 Screenshot 2020.10.15 - 11.36.36.32.jpgFIFA 16 Screenshot 2020.10.16 - 23.04.42.48 (2).jpg

My last tournament game with Ciais settings, 15 min halfs, hardest difficulty. I played Argentina and lost a rough battle. Amazing game and the newer titles can't have even 1/10 of the atmosphere, tackles, fouls, dangerous free kick opportunities, etc.

I had two great free kick opportunities near the penalty area. Messi hit another to the crossbar.

Just look at the stats!

pqcbcbR.jpg

Funny experience... I bought PES 2021 last week... played it for 2 hours. Zero fouls, tons of goals, all arcade. And people call it "simulation". Hehe.

Back to FIFA 16 with @Ciais mods... pure awesomeness (at least compared to newer FIFAs and PES). Yeah FIFA 16 is not a perfect game but what Ciais did is just pure genius. It's good enough for me.

Funny. I came back to FiFa 16 3 days after purchasing PES 2021. It's fun and beautiful to look at, but there's no variety in the type of goals. In this game, I can almost say no two goals are the same.

Scored this nice goal today. Lacazette scores so many of these with his back to goal, so found it quite typical. The keeper didn't do himself much service though.

Last edited:
With the debacle that is FIFA 21, I'm very thankful we've got such up to date mods for 16 still! Those guys over at soccergaming have got my 16 more up to date than 21 - not to mention some of the patches available. Some screens of some new 21 faces/kits plus a couple from the RTWC patch.
Damn, You know how to make this game look good. It's night and day with the "technologically superior" 21, Which looks less realistic and more cartoony compared to 16.

I was going to ask if you have a couple of faces from that patch too, I'm looking for a Kyle Lafferty and Thorgan Xhaka face as their not featured in the Modding Way patch and Lafferty's head is invisible for some reason. He's got an Lua profile assigned but no head assests.

Damn, You know how to make this game look good. It's night and day with the "technologically superior" 21, Which looks less realistic and more cartoony compared to 16.

I was going to ask if you have a couple of faces from that patch too, I'm looking for a Kyle Lafferty and Thorgan Xhaka face as their not featured in the Modding Way patch and Lafferty's head is invisible for some reason. He's got an Lua profile assigned but no head assests.
Hey man, I have Kyle Lafferty's face - https://mega.nz/file/UR9Q2b7R#Pm3bQPVVoc_aQltxJvK8g1gx4I2Go35W4Z_tJFzS9yQ

I can't seem to find the other though!

I tried the string and it definitely made a difference. AI was better but still not dangerous. Will keep trying values and sliders. Ill try playing higher difficulty but then with some pro values. Trying to get a middle ground has been hard as I had a great game against Chelsea and then played a 70 rated team and was a bit frustrating
Is still such an enjoyable game

That would mean it works. Meaning you are able to customize the difficulty of the Pro setting and make it more challenging.

But cup games are likely the worst in terms of scripting (lower sides over performing) because of the match importance.

There is also a file that controls the amount of nerfing/boost the away team gets before every game. A random number between 96(?) and 103(?) Is picked before every game and the difference to 100 determines the boost or the nerfing. So the away team more often gets the nerfing and it can be up to 3 points in overall applied to all the players.
I never tried to edit it but could be interesting.
could you tell me how do i change this value and where? thank you so much

Hey man, I have Kyle Lafferty's face - https://mega.nz/file/UR9Q2b7R#Pm3bQPVVoc_aQltxJvK8g1gx4I2Go35W4Z_tJFzS9yQ

I can't seem to find the other though!
Thanks man, I couldn't find either online either so i'm glad you've got Kyle's.

Maybe no one made a Taulant Xhaka face, He's Granit's brother and plays for Albania. I made a mistake and called him Thorgan Xhaka in my post
I tried the string and it definitely made a difference. AI was better but still not dangerous. Will keep trying values and sliders. Ill try playing higher difficulty but then with some pro values. Trying to get a middle ground has been hard as I had a great game against Chelsea and then played a 70 rated team and was a bit frustrating
Is still such an enjoyable game
Yeah the AI on professional now has a bit more pep in their step but they're still missing sitters though. But on WC & Legendary every team plays like Brazil 1970. It's quite surprising despite how brilliant this game is, The difficulty levels don't seem very balanced.

Thanks man, I couldn't find either online either so i'm glad you've got Kyle's.

Maybe no one made a Taulant Xhaka face, He's Granit's brother and plays for Albania. I made a mistake and called him Thorgan Xhaka in my post

Yeah the AI on professional now has a bit more pep in their step but they're still missing sitters though. But on WC & Legendary every team plays like Brazil 1970. It's quite surprising despite how brilliant this game is, The difficulty levels don't seem very balanced.

You could try to lower shot error for the cpu.

could you tell me how do i change this value and where? thank you so much

It is this file (bellow), located in FIFA 16\dlc\dlc_FootballCompEng\dlc\FootballCompEng\data

Look at the last line:
Code:
//  accel, sprint, agility, balance, jump, stam, strength, reaction, aggression, tact aware, positioning, vision, ball control, crossing, dribbling, finishing, FK accuracy, head accuracy, long pass, short pass, marking, shot power, power shot accur (long shots), standing tkl, slide tkl, volleys, curve, penalties, gk div, gk hands, gk kicking, gk reflexes, gk positioning,
// CAPTAIN
// accel, sprt, agil, bal, jmp, stm, str, rctn, aggr, t.aw, pos, vis, bc, crs, drb, fin, FKac, hac, lps, spss, mrk, shotpow, pwshtac, sttkl, sltkl, vol, crv, pen gkd, gkh, gkk, gkr, gkp,
       0,    0,    0,   0,   0,   0,   0,    0,    0,    1,   2,   0,  1,   0,   0,   0,    0,   0,   0,    0,   2,       0,       0,     0,     0,   0,   0,   0,  0,   0,   0,   0,   0
// FORM - uses the difference between the base of 6.4 and the player's form, so in reality these numbers below will only be halved
// accel, sprt, agil, bal, jmp, stm, str, rctn, aggr, t.aw, pos, vis, bc, crs, drb, fin, FKac, hac, lps, spss, mrk, shotpow, pwshtac, sttkl, sltkl, vol, crv, pen gkd, gkh, gkk, gkr, gkp,
       0,    0,    0,   0,   0,   0,   0,    0,    0,     1,  1,   2,   2,  2,   2,  2,    1,   1,    2,   2,    1,       1,      2,    2,      2,    2,   1,   1,  1,  1,    1,    1,  1
// TEAM_INSPIRED - talk to press used on the entire team
       0,    0,    1,   1,   0,   2,   0,    1,    1,    2,   1,   1,  1,   1,   1,   1,    1,   1,   1,    1,   1,       0,       1,     1,     1,   1,   1,   1,   1,   1,   1,   1,  1
// TEAM_RATTLED - talk to press used on the entire team
       0,    0,    1,   1,   0,   2,   0,    1,    1,    1,   1,   1,  1,   1,   1,   1,    1,   1,   1,    1,   1,       0,       1,     1,     1,   1,   1,   1,   1,   1,   1,   1,  1
// PLAYER_INSPIRED - talk to press used on a single player
       0,    0,    1,   1,   0,   2,   0,    1,    1,    1,   1,   1,  1,   1,   1,   1,    1,   1,   1,    1,   2,       0,       2,     2,     2,   1,   1,   1,   1,   1,   1,   1,  1
// PLAYER_RATTLED - talk to press used on a single player
       0,    0,    1,   1,   0,   2,   0,    1,    1,    1,   1,   1,  1,   1,   1,   1,    1,   1,   1,    1,   2,       0,       2,     2,     2,   1,   1,   1,   1,   1,   1,   1,  1
// AWAY - away team rolls a dice between 94 & 103. Every point below or above 100 they get, gets/removes an extra point for each of these. Increases the chance of the away team playing weaker, but they can play better on occasions.
       0,    0,    0,   0,   0,   1,   0,    0,    0,    1,   1,   1,  0,   1,   0,   0,    1,   1,   1,    1,   1,       0,       1,     1,     1,   1,   1,   1,  1,   1,   1,   1,   1

If you want to add edit it then add it, you must regenerate for it being active.
I personnaly thinks it is too much but I haven't find time/motivation to test it yet.

Attachments

• gpattributemodifiers.txt
    3.5 KB · Views: 2
I barely survived my Copa America group

Argentina-Chile 1-2
Argentina-Panama 3-0 (Messi, Higuain, Rojo)
Argentina-Bolivia 0-0

I qualified with 4 points (with better goal difference only) and played against the Uruguay in the QF.

Cavani and Suarez hit the poles three times and dominated the game (as you can see from the stats). But then I got a '90 penalty and Aguero put it calmly in. What a match again! I felt really lucky winning this game.

GpxhAMU.jpg

Playing against the mighty Brazil in the semifinal. Going to play this match in the evening. Very excited. I love this game.

pt2YA3t.jpg

Had a couple more games last night, Couole on professional & a couple on legendary, I'm using @Ciais sliders but I put the acceleration & sprint speed on default for legendary and I think that gave me my responsivness back a little on Legend. I've heard conflicting reports about WC being worse than Legend?

I might experiment with injury freq/sev too as literally every match someone gets injured & has to be subbed off which I think is excessive.

My GK ability is on 35 on the sliders and they're still comfortably catching point blank shots rather than at least parrying it, anyone else experience this?

Had a couple more games last night, Couole on professional & a couple on legendary, I'm using @Ciais sliders but I put the acceleration & sprint speed on default for legendary and I think that gave me my responsivness back a little on Legend. I've heard conflicting reports about WC being worse than Legend?

I might experiment with injury freq/sev too as literally every match someone gets injured & has to be subbed off which I think is excessive.

My GK ability is on 35 on the sliders and they're still comfortably catching point blank shots rather than at least parrying it, anyone else experience this?

I'm finding leg better but not necessarily easier. It just seems the ai pushes more forward. I had a game in wc where they just moved the ball in their defense for a good 5 min. I also noticed that if you decrease the pass error it won't make them do less pass mistakes but less long passes. Same with shot error, if i decrease it too much then on one on ones with the keeper they'll just pass to another player.

I have gk at 15 from operation sports sliders and they seem to work ok

Let me know what difficulty you are settling in. I might just do legendary with a one point advantage to me in Acceleration.

I'm finding leg better but not necessarily easier. It just seems the ai pushes more forward. I had a game in wc where they just moved the ball in their defense for a good 5 min. I also noticed that if you decrease the pass error it won't make them do less pass mistakes but less long passes. Same with shot error, if i decrease it too much then on one on ones with the keeper they'll just pass to another player.

I have gk at 15 from operation sports sliders and they seem to work ok

Let me know what difficulty you are settling in. I might just do legendary with a one point advantage to me in Acceleration.
Had a couple more experimental games on Legend last night and it was a bit more bearable too. Not sure what to expect once i start my tournament as I'm wary it'll go into cup mode boost or something. I played on assisted passing as I felt it was the only way to level the fairness against the AI's tiki taka and ninja first touches but it still nerfs your own passing by slowing it down or deliberately playing it too short.

Plus the pressing from the AI is like being swarmed by locusts. I'll try gk at 15 too then, It seems like no matter what value it's on, Goalkeepers are almost unstoppable at the casual comfortable catch on corner kicks too.

Hey all,

Tempted to get into this. I have PES 21, and Fifa 20 with the GFX mod.

Looking back at Fifa 16, I have fond memories, and the thought of modding one of my favorite games is enticing!

What would you all say are the better things that occur in 16 vs 20 or 21?

I know the modded gameplay, but what else, I would love to hear your thoughts!

Hey all,

Looking back at Fifa 16, I have fond memories, and the thought of modding one of my favorite games is enticing!

I just feel some randomness that I don't get with fifa and especially pes. As someone mentioned above I still see a bunch of goals that I haven't seen before or that leave my mouth open. It's not perfect but I found it more fun than fifa 20 as that one frustrated me on defense. Haven't played pes21, had 20 but I found it dull and too scripty

Def give it a try

With the Ciais mod you can actually get free kicks and fouls. In today's football gaming world that's a luxury feature (as stupid as it sounds). I think the atmosphere is "more genuine" and you can actually play defensive, cynical football too... without suffering crazy AI comeback logic and craploads of goals in every game. I don't even remember playing a 0-0 game in any modern PES, ever (with 15 min halfs). They sometime happen in FIFA 16... AI doesn't win you unfairly that often.

Does anyone have these particular England face packs from this thread that they could share? http://soccergaming.com/index.php?threads/faces-converted-to-fifa-16.6466467/page-28

There’s quite a few of them but I can’t seem to get by the links to get to the actual download..

I did the same exercise last week and grabbed a few broken links!

Edit: Added 9-11 and 1-5 face packs.
I couldn't find 6-8. If you do, let me know.

Pukki and others:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/9bf4hjvrobvecv5/#Facepack_20_England.zip/file

Bravo, Joelinton and others:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/jf45um7xpv0c0kd/#Facepack_19_England.zip/file

Shaquiri and others:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/zwuty4tbetaifqn/#Facepack_18_England.zip/file

Walcott and others:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/qm61feje6io043h/#Facepack_17_England.zip/file

Coleman and others:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/zophigoqihadmc2/#Facepack_16_England.zip/file

Sissoko and others:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/10jzlzrdfkgchcy/#Facepack_15_England.zip/file

Vertonghen and others:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/seuxdhwyewxta90/#Facepack_14_England.zip/file

Son and others:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/k8jd2mkq5dc8b35/#Facepack_13_England.zip/file

Lingard and others:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/tcgo06yx2h45tcv/#Facepack_12_England.zip/file

Luke Shaw and others:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/7yp93xwix8g7frr/#Facepack_11_England.zip/file

Loftus Cheek and others:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/drrcoohcn7pefhx/%23Facepack_10_England.zip/file

Laporte and others:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/lidd4h7n266f21y/#Facepack_9_England.zip/file

France faces 5:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/v600789jitixtrx/#facepack_5_France.zip/file

France faces 4:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/mqu61ui0nuk52ls/%23Facepack_4_Fifa_20_to_16_FRANCE.zip/file

France faces 3:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/tffvgis013dhk5b/#Facepack_3_FIFA_20_to_16_FRANCE.zip/file

Portugal faces 3:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/pq2k3srfokdz5an/#Facepack_3_Fifa_20_to_16_Portugal.zip/file

Portugal faces 2:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/114j7rsgjo34pkl/#Facepack_2_Fifa_20_to_16_Portugal.zip/file

Portugal faces 1:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/wk7jgiahqryl876/#Pack1_Portugal.zip/file

Last edited:
Hey all,

As others have said, you rarely see the same thing twice on 16. I'd say the positioning/defensive AI is also miles better than 20/21. There's way more variety with lots of organic moments and the collision system/battle for the ball is another element which is much better in my opinion.

If I could grab one thing from 20/21 it would be the freedom of movement.

What kills all my interest playing CM in recent fifas is how tactics are exagerated and teams do not change their game for 90 minutes. So high pressing teams will keep on doing their thing at the 90th minute even if they are winning 4-0 and other teams sit back doing fuck all when they need a goal. How is that in any way immersive or acceptable I do not know. It's falling asleep territory for me, making me wonder why I'm not doing something else for fun, like painting a wall or two. The lack of defending/fouls & the dumbing down of passing, makes them a different sport too in my opinion. Positioning is terrible and games are just meant to be played in the final 3rd.

16 is the most fun fifa on the pitch and the most well balanced. If there's 1 thing I'd want from recent games it's the way ratings make a big difference on the pitch. However make no mistake, that's not with the offline game in mind. It's just a side effect of how huge the pay to win factor has become nowadays. So it's also exagerated. Playing against teams like Real Madrid in 19 meant they would very rarely miss a crazy bicycle kick/first time volley.

However if you go back to fifa 14 (pc version, so not on the impact engine yet!) you'll be shocked at how well ratings are implemented and how playing different teams is a whole new difficulty level on its own. This was lost next gen and its the single achilles heel of 16. So there are 2 fifa games I keep going back to. 14 & 16. 16 is definitely the most fun and realistic fifa has ever been and the variety is fantastic, it just lacks some of the depth of older titles when playing CM.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom