FIFA 16 News & Discussion Thread

When I implement the Ciais' gameplayzer settings I manually edit the teams' top players abilities myself. Ciais' gameplay reduces dramatically these attributes globally.

So when talking about national teams (which I mostly play with), Ronaldo, Messi, Neymar, etc. attributes are increased so their individual skills shine through more.

PS: Does anyone know where the roster changes are stored? They don't go to \data\db\fifa_ng_db.db file, right?

Hey all,

Tempted to get into this. I have PES 21, and Fifa 20 with the GFX mod.

Looking back at Fifa 16, I have fond memories, and the thought of modding one of my favorite games is enticing!

What would you all say are the better things that occur in 16 vs 20 or 21?

I know the modded gameplay, but what else, I would love to hear your thoughts!
Well as the below gentlemen have said...

I just feel some randomness that I don't get with fifa and especially pes. As someone mentioned above I still see a bunch of goals that I haven't seen before or that leave my mouth open. It's not perfect but I found it more fun than fifa 20 as that one frustrated me on defense. Haven't played pes21, had 20 but I found it dull and too scripty
As others have said, you rarely see the same thing twice on 16. I'd say the positioning/defensive AI is also miles better than 20/21. There's way more variety with lots of organic moments and the collision system/battle for the ball is another element which is much better in my opinion.

If I could grab one thing from 20/21 it would be the freedom of movement.

I can't really say much that the above haven't already covered. I play a lot of football games, Mostly Retro PES and I'm blown away by how organic & natural everything looks in FIFA 16. once they went over to the Frostbite engine for 17-21, Things seemed to appear a lot more animatronic and bot like. Rails are a part of football games but it seemed as technology advanced, These rails become more and more obvious. You could see how on the frost bite games, The player is swinging his foot for a strike as the ball is literally rolling through his other leg because the animation and instruction must take place at all costs which leads to this jarring feeling where the context didn't match up with the situation. Not to mention the hideous dribbling animation in 21 or the fact that no team mate presses the ball unless you control them physically which means the previous player you controlled becomes a passive CPU puppet again.

Everything in FIFA 16, The last ignite game makes complete sense and it's totally unpredictable. You never see the same thing twice and even the most ordinary of goals look satisfying and believable. That's because the ignite games has the best inverse kinetics in the series. For some reason it was never the same on newer games. That's why there's some people on Twitter who actually prefer the Switch versions of the new FIFA games because they're "Legacy" editions still using the older yet superior ignite engine.

You all are great. This is a fun forum!

Just downloaded 16. Went straight to the practice Mod. Even without the gameplay mod added yet, everything makes sense.
The shot went right, because I accidentally aimed too far right. That kind of input is nice to see.

I do miss some of the movement in the newer games (Raheem Sterling's odd running movements) , but this does feel pretty good so far.

You all are great. This is a fun forum!

Just downloaded 16. Went straight to the practice Mod. Even without the gameplay mod added yet, everything makes sense.
The shot went right, because I accidentally aimed too far right. That kind of input is nice to see.

I do miss some of the movement in the newer games (Raheem Sterling's odd running movements) , but this does feel pretty good so far.
Yeah i'm sure FIFA 20/21 has some of those nice cosmetic touches for extra authenticity but if players dribble in circles instead bloody shooting or squaring a pass on the newer games then the new animations are about as worthless as a tattoo on the inside of your eyelids.

I'd take a functional game over beard physics any day of the week.

What kills all my interest playing CM in recent fifas is how tactics are exagerated and teams do not change their game for 90 minutes. So high pressing teams will keep on doing their thing at the 90th minute even if they are winning 4-0 and other teams sit back doing fuck all when they need a goal. How is that in any way immersive or acceptable I do not know. It's falling asleep territory for me, making me wonder why I'm not doing something else for fun, like painting a wall or two. The lack of defending/fouls & the dumbing down of passing, makes them a different sport too in my opinion. Positioning is terrible and games are just meant to be played in the final 3rd.

16 is the most fun fifa on the pitch and the most well balanced. If there's 1 thing I'd want from recent games it's the way ratings make a big difference on the pitch. However make no mistake, that's not with the offline game in mind. It's just a side effect of how huge the pay to win factor has become nowadays. So it's also exagerated. Playing against teams like Real Madrid in 19 meant they would very rarely miss a crazy bicycle kick/first time volley.

However if you go back to fifa 14 (pc version, so not on the impact engine yet!) you'll be shocked at how well ratings are implemented and how playing different teams is a whole new difficulty level on its own. This was lost next gen and its the single achilles heel of 16. So there are 2 fifa games I keep going back to. 14 & 16. 16 is definitely the most fun and realistic fifa has ever been and the variety is fantastic, it just lacks some of the depth of older titles when playing CM.

14 is such an underrated game. I was doing a couple of matches with a random Espanyol career a week ago or something, and it's shocking to play it when you compare it with most of the modern games, where there virtually is no resistance in the middle. There actually was a midfield here.. I had to think every pass and play conservatively, especially cause Espanyol certainly isn't a powerhouse in the game. And the general variety is, indeed, outstanding.

Looking forward to dedicate it more time in the future. Both 14 and 16 are gems.

14 is such an underrated game. I was doing a couple of matches with a random Espanyol career a week ago or something, and it's shocking to play it when you compare it with most of the modern games, where there virtually is no resistance in the middle. There actually was a midfield here.. I had to think every pass and play conservatively, especially cause Espanyol certainly isn't a powerhouse in the game. And the general variety is, indeed, outstanding.
Yeah I had fond memories of 14, Especially how it was the only football title on PS4 at launch but it was a better & more polished launch title than FIFA 07 was tenfold. I went back to it earlier this year out of curiosity and just like you say, Unsurprisingly it holds up better and plays a more faithful game of football compared to it's modern day counter parts.

We're not going mad or starting conspiracy's, The culture and direction regarding football game development as defiantly changed over the last 5 years. Realism and fundamentals aren't the goal anymore, It's getting eyeballs on a fast and engaging product and developing something that's addictive and stimulating enough to the average consumer to convince them to put their hand in their wallet and throw more cash the developers way. You can't market a hardcore simulation this way otherwise we'd be hearing about Gran Turismo's Ultimate Car's packs or a myCar system of their own in the same store as FUT, myClub & Shark Cards.
Does anyone know the cheapest place to buy FIFA 16 these days (for PC/Origin)?
The cheapest I have found is these 2 links:

Eneba - £7.05 (Sorry to be a shill but you can use discount code Marlon to get it a whopping 3% discount taking it to £6.85! 😂

CDKeys - £11.39
Wow, You're a legend mate, props for still having him in on your mind. Worked like a charm.
FIFA 16 Screenshot 2020.10.21 - 11.41.16.28.jpg

Last edited:
I'm seeing more & more influencial pros praise games like 16/17 lately. I suppose it may take them a few more years, but maybe, just maybe, the idea that football itself as a team sport contains a good enough mix of randomness and "skill gap" will catch on...

120553720_10158501978663830_7688545416856572081_n.jpg

Last edited:
Now we at least have a all-in-one thread for the gameplay adjustments so people can see for themselves.

And yes... I've played 'em all. FIFA 16 is the best of modern era.

The best football game of the previous era is PES5/WE9. Actually these two (PES5 and FIFA 16) are the only games that have genuine non-arcade feel in them. PES6 wasn't bad but it was a step backwards from PES5 (imho).

Tatctics do have an impact but I think the cpu manager switch to some of the preset tactics you can activate with the D pad depending on the scenario of the match.

Yeah tactics are broken in this game sadly. Despite the gameplay is a bit better in 16, FIFA17 did not have this issue thankfully.

Yeah tactics are broken in this game sadly. Despite the gameplay is a bit better in 16, FIFA17 did not have this issue thankfully.
I remember playing football games when I was younger thinking, 'I wish the tactics would have more of an impact'.....and then modern PES happened and tactics became the sole driving force (defensive retreat, players running away from the ball to specific positions, etc). I hope we can have both one day, but at this point I'd much rather take a game which more closely represents the organic nature of the sport, than the tactical rigidity that the newer games provide. 2021 is not our year....2022 maybe?

Yeah tactics are not "broken". They do make a difference, teams will play using their assigned values (from 1-100) but differences are more subtle (which in retrospect, is not bad) and ratings don't make a big difference (which is a genuine flaw). Additionally, like @papinho81 mentioned, a cpu team can switch to a preset tactic, for example "high pressure" or "counter attacking" during a match depending on the scoreline and these few presets have very specific values so there's not much variety there.

For me this approach, while not perfect, is now clearly preferable to the current games where tactical options are so rigid that you get players running like idiots ignoring loose balls (pes) or not defending/tracking runs (fifa).

You can clearly see the different tactical options in recent games but at what cost? Playing a long ball every single time the cpu gets the ball just because it is set to do so no matter the context and what goes on around them is actually quite dumb & boring in practice unfortunately.

Last edited:
Appears to be out of stock on CDKeys. With the Eneba store, it says RU/PL (Russian and Polish) language without any mention of English. Is English available on with this key?
Yeah you can download the English language pack from this link and follow the instructions in the the video below.

Download the GDFBinary here

Or the instructions below

ENGLISH TUTORIAL:
1) Download Language pack and GDFBinary
2) Copy and paste GDFBinary.dll and Language in FIFA 16 directory
3) Go in search Windows and write "regedit"
4) In regedit go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE --> SOFTWARE --> Wow6432Nod --> EA Sports --> FIFA 16
5) Modify GDFBinary in your Language

ex. C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\FIFA 16\__Installer\GDFBinary_pl_PL.dll to C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\FIFA 16\__Installer\GDFBinary_it_IT.dll

6) Modify Locale ex. pl_PL to it_IT

Amazing man, thanks so much. Would you have packs 1-11? Let me know if you need any as well, I'm trying to build up as many as I can ready for the new FIP 20/21.

I just updated the post with 9-11 and 1-5. Still couldn't get 6-8. If you do, let me know.
Let's build a face pack for when FIP 21 hits and post somewhere? I have stuff from 2017-2020.

I just updated the post with 9-11 and 1-5. Still couldn't get 6-8. If you do, let me know.
Let's build a face pack for when FIP 21 hits and post somewhere? I have stuff from 2017-2020.
Thank you man, very much appreciated! Will try and get a hold of 6-8 as well.

I was reading the post from you a little while back where someone asked about the camera settings for various stadiums. Vitality Stadium has the camera settings I'm wanting, it's much lower by default. You mentioned the camera settings are linked to the stadium ID and not the file itself, do you know if there's a way to identify what those settings are?

Nope sorry. You can change the zoom and the height in the database with dbmaster but I think it will only do half of the job.
I think (I am not sure) that if you want to have the vitaly camera height and zoom you have to assign the teams that particular stadium id and use a stadium server that would load the stadium over it (like my server do).

Nope sorry. You can change the zoom and the height in the database with dbmaster but I think it will only do half of the job.
I think (I am not sure) that if you want to have the vitaly camera height and zoom you have to assign the teams that particular stadium id and use a stadium server that would load the stadium over it (like my server do).
I see! I had a look in DB Master then, and the height and zoom for the camera seems to be listed as the same as other stadiums...I might have to try the stadium server way....I was trying to avoid the daunting process of installing your stadium server, but I think I'll have a go!

I see! I had a look in DB Master then, and the height and zoom for the camera seems to be listed as the same as other stadiums...I might have to try the stadium server way....I was trying to avoid the daunting process of installing your stadium server, but I think I'll have a go!

I am happy to help in the process!
It is very important when you add the cl.ini line to put it in the upper part of your file, before any [], or the line will be ignored.
Also you can't install a 4.x version of R, but the install manual pdf gives you a direct download link toward the latest compatible R version.

I would recommend you using the pdf and not only the video tutorial to do the install.

Last edited:
For the people who play on xbox or ps4 what are your slidersettings and controlsettings? i don’t know on which patch i’m but i guess 1.07.(because i must install an update after insert the cd and i think that should be the last one). I play on the xbox one.

Hey guys, can anyone recommend a good up to date patch for fifa 16, I know moddingway and fifa infinity are working on a project but is there a good one already out? I have no problem playing the original season if it's a retro game. But since the game is just from 2015, I'd rather get a patch.

Yeah you can download the English language pack from this link and follow the instructions in the the video below.

Thanks for this. I ended up paying for a year of EA Play. So providing I don't find the value in this service / FIFA 16 gets removed, and this version is still available to purchase later on, I'll keep this post in mind. 👍

Is there any difference between "English.7z" and "FIFA 16 Eng 101.rar"?

Thanks for this. I ended up paying for a year of EA Play. So providing I don't find the value in this service / FIFA 16 gets removed, and this version is still available to purchase later on, I'll keep this post in mind. 👍

Is there any difference between "English.7z" and "FIFA 16 Eng 101.rar"?
No problem

I'm not sure exactly i presume Eng 101 might have fixes, It was mentioned in the comments of that video and the creator suggested people to download 101 instead.

Hey all,

I recently tried to install a new Etihad Stadium, but seemed to completely mess it up, resulting in just a pitch, and no stadium. I am using the Fifa Infinity Patch, and the creation master. Is there any way I can reset this? Also, I swear a year or so ago when I last had that infinity patch that it put a modified version of the Etihad in game, but it did not appear so.

Back
Top Bottom