FIFA 16 News & Discussion Thread

When you say changed a few cameras, what cameras are you referring to exactly?
So for example when the ball goes out of play the camera jumps to essentially a ‘throw in cam’. This goes right through from goal kick to offside to foul to penalty etc. Each sub section then has maybe 3-4 .xml’s to cover different scenarios like ‘referee move to ball’, ‘free kick place ball’ etc. I need to locate and change the camera instance blocks within the .xml which are labelled ‘user gameplay camera’ to ‘broadcast main’.

I hope I explained it alright!

The missing faces on the Infinity Patch is annoying. Might have to do a clean install and go with the default stuff.

After testing so many gameplay patches without noticing big differences, I ended thinking that there was a myth behind these patches. As the experience is very subjective, it would be normal if two persons appreciate the exact same gameplay in different ways. Easily, I could upload a non-modified file as a gameplay patch here, telling you "it's a new better gameplay", and therefore generating a placebo effect in some users.

After messing with FIFA 16 1.07 and FIFA 16 Demo Extended, I only can say: HOLY SHIT!. The difference is enormous and is real. I played two hours to Demo extended. I have the same feeling that watching an EPL match: both teams attacking a lot, with strong defenders and that particular game action that catches your attention.
There's a bit more of control and freedom over your players (something I don't feel in newer FIFA's) and it really looks like that the IA plays smart like a human: it wants to win, defends very well but it also makes mistakes, like you. And nothing suspictable happens to make you think that the IA is scripted. It's simply amazing playing this game again.

After testing so many gameplay patches without noticing big differences, I ended thinking that there was a myth behind these patches. As the experience is very subjective, it would be normal if two persons appreciate the exact same gameplay in different ways. Easily, I could upload a non-modified file as a gameplay patch here, telling you "it's a new better gameplay", and therefore generating a placebo effect in some users.

After messing with FIFA 16 1.07 and FIFA 16 Demo Extended, I only can say: HOLY SHIT!. The difference is enormous and is real. I played two hours to Demo extended. I have the same feeling that watching an EPL match: both teams attacking a lot, with strong defenders and that particular game action that catches your attention.
There's a bit more of control and freedom over your players (something I don't feel in newer FIFA's) and it really looks like that the IA plays smart like a human: it wants to win, defends very well but it also makes mistakes, like you. And nothing suspictable happens to make you think that the IA is scripted. It's simply amazing playing this game again.

I am a very skeptical person when it comes to mods that says they change gameplay values and like you, most of them are placebo. But the whole FIFA 16 demo exe code(if you even check doing hex editing) you can feel how different it is. @papinho81 can especially attest to that as he has done a lot of streams comparing the two gameplay. FIFA 16 1.07 ended up adding too many scripted events especially with first touch, lazer-guided tackles and introduced a lack of pass error especially with your lesser passing stat players(FUT players complained that their passes were being intercepted a lot so that's why the nerf. Go figure). They also nerfed physical strength in FIFA 16 1.07 too to satisfy the FUT players.

If anyone's up to a reverse engineering challenge of getting only the gameplay tweak codes from FIFA 16 demo to FIFA 16 1.07 using hex editing let me know. The problem is there are other changes from the executable too that are not gameplay related which will make your game not run and it's hard to distinguish between them. You need a lot of free time and determination to pull it off. But I really want to. It will also make me tweak gameplay in a more non-placebo fashion too once I understand the impact of the values. I might just use a win64 debugger as that might make things more clear. Looking at actual assembly instruction in human readable form than in binary or hex.

I am a very skeptical person when it comes to mods that says they change gameplay values and like you, most of them are placebo. But the whole FIFA 16 demo exe code(if you even check doing hex editing) you can feel how different it is. @papinho81 can especially attest to that as he has done a lot of streams comparing the two gameplay. FIFA 16 1.07 ended up adding too many scripted events especially with first touch, lazer-guided tackles and introduced a lack of pass error especially with your lesser passing stat players(FUT players complained that their passes were being intercepted a lot so that's why the nerf. Go figure). They also nerfed physical strength in FIFA 16 1.07 too to satisfy the FUT players.

If anyone's up to a reverse engineering challenge of getting only the gameplay tweak codes from FIFA 16 demo to FIFA 16 1.07 using hex editing let me know. The problem is there are other changes from the executable too that are not gameplay related which will make your game not run and it's hard to distinguish between them. You need a lot of free time and determination to pull it off. But I really want to. It will also make me tweak gameplay in a more non-placebo fashion too once I understand the impact of the values. I might just use a win64 debugger as that might make things more clear. Looking at actual assembly instruction in human readable form than in binary or hex.
I wish I could still be able to play the demo 😞. But thankfully the 1.00 is close enough. Main difference I noticed (other than I was playing with default sliders on slow with the demo but had to drop significantly pass speed for the vanilla)is the number of own goal conceded by the CPU. With the demo it happened at realistic frequency. With the vanilla, I am not sure I have seen one.

I wish I could still be able to play the demo 😞. But thankfully the 1.00 is close enough. Main difference I noticed (other than I was playing with default sliders on slow with the demo but had to drop significantly pass speed for the vanilla)is the number of own goal conceded by the CPU. With the demo it happened at realistic frequency. With the vanilla, I am not sure I have seen one.
Yes! Agree.
it’s kind of crazy how we are focused on these small details! Never played the demo but sometimes the AI looks kind of stupid.

it’s a dilemma when you (and I mean you directly) see the demo worked out so well, the vanilla was quite right, and then they move on to fix some things and at the same time making some things worse. it all leads down to the head of the whole project, if I might say so!
why would anyone that created FIFA 16 vanilla or the demo, that had a vision, let go of the most important football aspects and deliver to the users that want non-football features to be in the game. Or let’s say, dumb down what is most important to football!? I don’t get it. I will never get how sports titles are hampered by greedy money business... it could all be so simple.
I am running in circles again...

so glad I can at least go back to the older titles from Konami or EA, doesn’t matter to me what company by now, and have fun as long as I can play real football on my consoles!

edit: My FIFA buddy came over tonight to watch some Bundesliga at my place. When I showed him FIFA 16 with those sliders applied he said: it looks like real football.
same time he said, he’s not interested in those patient attacks and slow build up. When I had like only three shots on target in the first half, that would never be enough for him. I get him and what he wants from a football game. I guess I just want something totally different then...
we are still friends!😂

Last edited:
I'd love for somebody to make it independent from Origin somehow. It just gets on my nerves that the second the client will shut down, or the one they'll come up with some bullshit reason to say older titles aren't available anymore, it will be impossible to play the PC version, so moddingway and the other mods. Luckily there still is Ps4 version to preserve the heart of it, but at this point it wouldn't be quite the same to me :( .

I'd love for somebody to make it independent from Origin somehow. It just gets on my nerves that the second the client will shut down, or the one they'll come up with some bullshit reason to say older titles aren't available anymore, it will be impossible to play the PC version, so moddingway and the other mods. Luckily there still is Ps4 version to preserve the heart of it, but at this point it wouldn't be quite the same to me :( .
I hadn’t considered not being able to play it down the track...why did you put this thought in my head haha

Wait, i had been playing with 1.01 a while back, is version 1.00 and demo that much different? And pap, why can't you play the demo?
I would need to get my hands on the demo again to make a proper comparison, but there is differences, I am quite positive about that (despite the code dates being separated by one week or so.).
I can't play the demo because I was using someone else account and I can't use it anymore. I am quite happy with the v1.00 though, so I guess that's fine.

I hadn’t considered not being able to play it down the track...why did you put this thought in my head haha
Sorry mate, I remember reading it somewhere else in the forum myself, and since I'm particularly enjoying 16 lately my compulsive side kept bringing up the thought.. couldn't contain the "virus" in my head forever :D.

Well never say never, maybe somebody will design some Origin emulator in the future or something. Hell 14 doesn't necessarily need origin to run afaik, maybe with some effort the same could be done to 16.

If someone wants to apply the LOD Tweaker for FIFA 16 by Doctor+ into the Demo Unlocked, download this file:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/yra1uweyanoslmg/FIFA_16_Demo.rar/file

Paste it, in your FIFA 16 Demo folder
Regenerate BH files with Creation Master
https://www.fifa-infinity.com/fifa-16/creation-master-16-v-2-0-released/

Before:

lod1.png

After

lod2.png

It just gets on my nerves that the second the client will shut down, or the one they'll come up with some bullshit reason to say older titles aren't available anymore, it will be impossible to play the PC version, so moddingway and the other mods.
I hate you, now that I thought about this, I can't unthink it anymore.

Sorry for the general emotional turmoil guys.. I thought you lot already read the post in the Fifa 2006-2011 Rpcs3 thread that lead me to this idea.. I promise I'll try to keep the most dooming stuff to myself in the future :LOL:

By the way, I just need an info and maybe you can help me.. is it worth it to pick Fifa 16 on Ps3? Are there gameplay differences with the Ps4 version? Saw it on Amazon from a trusted seller and was tempted to pick it up. I don't particularly care for graphics but if GP wise it's essentially the same version I'd surely take it.

I am casual gamer, playing FIFA 16 since came out, because of great gameplay and mods. Dont play tournaments or career just kick off, something like prediction, recreating best matches from that day real life.

Playing on PRO with my own sliders, slowed down pace a lot but on normal speed settings (spr 27, acc 29 sliders). I dont care about challenging CPU. Enjoy playing different games.

I using FIP (now use 21 database for 16 untill FIP update).
I updated stats for my DB. Added +20 overall stats for all teams/players. Now some five star teams like Barcelona have 60% squad with 99 stats for example.

Why i did this? I never liked, and realized that stats are bu***it for football games.
Because when i play with Munchen 1860 for example, player because of low stats feel bad. Like they are retarded. Especially tall players etc. Now its much better and playing with big teams is also nice.

What i saw with that stats. Much much much more random goals. Especially when GK try to save good shot, ball go into goal from GK, looks fantastic. Its totaly different game.

I think the best way to enjoy this game is to strat with:

GAMEPLAY:
- The extended demo version if you were lucky enough to download it by that time (I can send you the how to if you want to go that road)
or
- The v1.00 exe. For this version you need to download the full vanilla game without updates that you can download from here IF you are ok with torrent:
Code:
       magnet:?xt=urn:btih:d5377ea56e89368dead0e5adeece6bf7550402c1&dn=FIFA%2016%20Super%20Deluxe%20Edition%20-SKIDROWCRACK&tr=udp%3a%2f%2fopen.demonii.com%3a1337%2fannounce&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.publicbt.com%3a80%2fannounce&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.openbittorrent.com%3a80%2fannounce&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.istole.it%3a80%2fannounce&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ffr33domtracker.h33t.com%3a3310%2fannounce
Simply put the folder in your Origin game folder where you have your FIFA16 version. Rename the folder to FIFA 16. Start Origin, turn it offline, complete the activation request you get the first time. Your done, you just need to remember to turn Origin offline before starting the game or it will ask you to update it.

or
- The v1.01 that you can get from the ciais gameplay page. Just copy paste the exe and the dbdata.dll to your already installed game. Start offline, done.

Gameplay ADD ON: ciais gameplay can be installed on any of the above mentioned versions. It has got a lot of praise. I personally prefer playing the game closer to default.

PATCH:
- Moddingway 28.04 has a crazy amount of content including many different playable tournaments, a lot of graphical adds on (faces, adboards, flags, ect...)
The drawback is that it hasn't been updated since 2017. So if you are cm guy like me rosters are from the 17/18 season.
It can be downloaded from here: https://www.moddingway.com/forums/thread-28351.html

or

- FIP 3.2. It is the patch the most up to date with rosters from the 19/20 season. It has a crazy amount of leagues included for CM. The drawback is that even if it includes many graphical work, custom faces are not included. And as it is based on the FIFA20 database many players with a face in FIFA20 without a face in 16 are bald. It can looks really bad. Faces can be added (soccergaming.com being the main source to et anything fifa16 related) but there is no AIO pack yet.
It can be downloded from here:
https://downloads.fifa-infinity.com/fifa-16/fifa-infinity-patch-16-v-3-0/

For later:

- There is a crazy retro patch that might be released very soon: http://soccergaming.com/index.php?threads/wip-classic-patch-16.6466710/
- FIP4.0 might come with a much more complete package and attention to details as apparently Ariel from moddingway and Scouser from fifa infinty seems to have joined their forces.

PLUS:
Here http://www.mediafire.com/file/u4x3vpdafg8vngd/Chris.rar/file
you can find:
- my cl.ini and product ini (simply paste them to your main game folder then regenerate if one of the file is new for your game)
- three versions of simsettings (explanations inside, can be changed on the fly of a career)
- a file to insert in your db to decrease the rubber band behaviour of the game.
- Smokeswift career mod I am using (explanation inside, player values are a bit OP but IMO it spices the transfer window, otherwise good/excellent including cpu transfers).

This is an updated version of my cl.ini with few lines from ciais gameplay mod
Code:
//Use rotating adboards instead of animated ones globally.
STADIUM_USE_LEGACY_ADBOARDS=1

//Force tournament decorations in all matches.
STADIUM_DRESSING_OVERRIDE=1

//Force crowd distribution. 0=normal, 1=neutral
//CROWD_DISTRIBUTION=1

FREE_ROAM_BALL_ID=110

UNLOCK_ALL_UCC=1
UCC=1

//AI_SETTING_HALFLENGTH = 0.1

[]
AI_USE_MORAL_EFFECTS=0
CPUAI_USE_DIFFICULTY = 0
CPUAI_USE_MENTALITY = 0

[CPUAI]
HOME_OFFENSE_DIFFICULTY=0.80
AWAY_OFFENSE_DIFFICULTY=0.60

[] //CHEATING
CPUAI_GetBallToPlayerScorePredictionPoints=0
[Avoidance]
MovementPrediction=0
[ADAPTIVE_DIFFICULTY]
ENABLED=0

Sorry to ask this but is this the only way to get the 1.00 exe? I already have my fifa 16 from origin in the folder. Should I delete all that folder and copy the folder from this torrent? Sorry for the confusion and thank you for the help.

Sorry for the general emotional turmoil guys.. I thought you lot already read the post in the Fifa 2006-2011 Rpcs3 thread that lead me to this idea.. I promise I'll try to keep the most dooming stuff to myself in the future :LOL:

By the way, I just need an info and maybe you can help me.. is it worth it to pick Fifa 16 on Ps3? Are there gameplay differences with the Ps4 version? Saw it on Amazon from a trusted seller and was tempted to pick it up. I don't particularly care for graphics but if GP wise it's essentially the same version I'd surely take it.

I never played the PS4 version but I think the PS4 version is the same than PC, and the PS3 version has the same PC gameplay with old graphics.

Sorry to ask this but is this the only way to get the 1.00 exe? I already have my fifa 16 from origin in the folder. Should I delete all that folder and copy the folder from this torrent? Sorry for the confusion and thank you for the help.

The version you have now is probably the 1.07 (finding the .exe file in your FIFA 16 main folder, right click, properties and you will see the version)
You can change the .exe only, but updates changes many other files too, including database that influence the gameplay. So if you want to have a 100% 1.00 version you can download the FIFA 16 Super Deluxe Edition (Google it). Uncompress the files, delete or backoup your FIFA 16 current folder and replace it with this new one. In Origin turn offline mode on, because it will try to update it, since it's an outdated version

I using FIP (now use 21 database for 16 untill FIP update).
I updated stats for my DB. Added +20 overall stats for all teams/players. Now some five star teams like Barcelona have 60% squad with 99 stats for example.

Why i did this? I never liked, and realized that stats are bu***it for football games.
Because when i play with Munchen 1860 for example, player because of low stats feel bad. Like they are retarded. Especially tall players etc. Now its much better and playing with big teams is also nice.

What i saw with that stats. Much much much more random goals. Especially when GK try to save good shot, ball go into goal from GK, looks fantastic. Its totaly different game.

I had the same experience with FIFA Infinity Patch. It´s like bad teams and players are even worse, and good teams are even better. I read that is because the database was imported from FIFA 19 or FIFA 20, that use a different criterion to register players skills. I don't remember exactly, but it was like FIFA 16 ratings go from 1 to 10 and in FIFA 19/20 they go from 1 to 20. That's why everything is exaggerated.
Because of this reason , I gave up and I returned to the original 1.00 database. It's outdated but it has the most funny gameplay.

Last edited:
You don't have to delete anything. Just rename your current FIFA 16 folder to say FIFA 16 vx. Then download the torrent one inside the same main folder (Origin games ?), rename the downloaded folder to FIFA 16.
When you want to switch to the other version just rename the FIFA 16 vx --> FIFA 16 and the FIFA 16 (torrent) --> FIFA 16 v1, done!

I never played the PS4 version but I think the PS4 version is the same than PC, and the PS3 version has the same PC gameplay with old graphics.

I had the same experience with FIFA Infinity Patch. It´s like bad teams and players are even worse, and good teams are even better. I read that is because the database was imported from FIFA 19 or FIFA 20, that use a different criterion to register players skills. I don't remember exactly, but it was like FIFA 16 ratings go from 1 to 10 and in FIFA 19/20 they go from 1 to 20. That's why everything is exaggerated.
Because of this reason , I gave up and I returned to the original 1.00 database. It's outdated but it has the most funny gameplay.

I think this only concerns the national and the international reputation of the teams (0 to 10 scale instead of the original 0 to 20 scale). It might affect the outcome of simulated games and transfers decisions but I don't think it has any impact on gameplay.
I think some players celebrations are messed up to.

I think this only concerns the national and the international reputation of the teams (0 to 10 scale instead of the original 0 to 20 scale). It might affect the outcome of simulated games and transfers decisions but I don't think it has any impact on gameplay.
I think some players celebrations are messed up to.

Well, I saw many teams from the argentinean league -which usually have 3 or 3* as whole team rating- that in the FI Patch have only half of star. There might be a mistake on my side while installing the new database though.

I promise I'll try to keep the most dooming stuff to myself in the future :LOL:
Too f***ing late, man!
mNgyLWT.png
Being it one of the games I liked the most in the recent years, I thought that those 9 euros wouldn't be wasted anyway.

About FIFa 16 PS3... I don't know, I think it's a refined FIFA 14 for PS3 with updated kits and rosters and maybe driven pass added (it's still based on Impact Engine instead of being based on Ignite)... I haven't played it so I can't tell.

About FIFa 16 PS3... I don't know, I think it's a refined FIFA 14 for PS3 with updated kits and rosters and maybe driven pass added (it's still based on Impact Engine instead of being based on Ignite)... I haven't played it so I can't tell.

Yeah I think you are right. From the videos I watched it initially felt like player models and animations were somehow better, but looking at it with more attention, I think it's kinda the same as 14, maybe a but more refined as you said but that's it (sucky cutscenes actually revelead it to me lol). Wish I downloaded the demo back in the days anyway, if there was some significant gameplay advancement I'd probably pick it the same out of curiosity.

You don't have to delete anything. Just rename your current FIFA 16 folder to say FIFA 16 vx. Then download the torrent one inside the same main folder (Origin games ?), rename the downloaded folder to FIFA 16.
When you want to switch to the other version just rename the FIFA 16 vx --> FIFA 16 and the FIFA 16 (torrent) --> FIFA 16 v1, done!
Sorry, I'm being an idiot. I followed all the steps, logged in to Origin, offline mode but cant run FIFA 16. Get an error on Origin saying "the game FIFA 16 does not appear to be installed" either there is an installer I am not seeing or I messed up somewhere. Please help.

Back
Top Bottom