FIFA 16 News & Discussion Thread

Sorry, I'm being an idiot. I followed all the steps, logged in to Origin, offline mode but cant run FIFA 16. Get an error on Origin saying "the game FIFA 16 does not appear to be installed" either there is an installer I am not seeing or I messed up somewhere. Please help.

You have to rename the "FIFA 16 SUPER DELUXE EDITION" folder to "FIFA 16", within the same Origin Games directory, so it can continue working with your current FIFA 16 license/installation. Pm if you want and I'll help you too

Fun fact: if you sum threads/messages in SG from FIFA 18 TO FIFA 21 forums, including the 4 games, they only reach the half of the movement that FIFA16 had/has(mainly because it's moddable, but still, it´s a very strong community)

Attachments

• FIFA 16 community.JPG
    FIFA 16 community.JPG
    33.2 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:
You have to rename the "FIFA 16 SUPER DELUXE EDITION" folder to "FIFA 16", within the same Origin Games directory, so it can continue working with your current FIFA 16 license/installation. Pm if you want and I'll help you too

Fun fact: if you sum threads/messages in SG from FIFA 18 TO FIFA 21 forums, including the 4 games, they only reach the half of the movement that FIFA16 had/has(mainly because it's moddable, but still, it´s a very strong community)
I see. I had uninstalled my original version before trying to run this skidrow version. I will try just doing the renaming. Thanks for the help.

I had just come to post this. I've played their FIFA 14 patch and it's unbelievable. Just incredible. The gameplay isn't as good as 16 but the detail is something else. It genuinely had my 76-year-old dad in tears over Christmas, being able to play as a Liverpool side he remembered.

I am so excited to try their FIFA 16 work. If anyone plays this and could upload some clips (as I'll be too busy with work this week to play it I'd bet), I'd love to see/hear about it.

I had just come to post this. I've played their FIFA 14 patch and it's unbelievable. Just incredible. The gameplay isn't as good as 16 but the detail is something else. It genuinely had my 76-year-old dad in tears over Christmas, being able to play as a Liverpool side he remembered.

I am so excited to try their FIFA 16 work. If anyone plays this and could upload some clips (as I'll be too busy with work this week to play it I'd bet), I'd love to see/hear about it.
That's great your dad still plays! I will post some clips...I'm having trouble getting past the loading screen at the moment though. Hopefully I can get it sorted soon.

I see. I had uninstalled my original version before trying to run this skidrow version. I will try just doing the renaming. Thanks for the help.

Do this:

1) Download the original game again
2) After it finished installing, close Origin
3) Go to C:/Program Files/Origin Games and rename the "FIFA 16" folder to "FIFA 16 Original" (or whatever name you want, just to have a backup of the original game)
4) In the same Origin Games folder, paste the "FIFA 16 Super Deluxe Edition" folder you downloaded, and rename to "FIFA 16".
5) Log in to Origin Games, turn on "Offline Mode" and play.

If you are still having troubles to make it run properly, I can help you using TeamViewer

Downloading now.

Is there a way to have 2 different versions installed, both this classic pack and the up to date(ish) moddingway?
Easiest way I can think of is to just install one (to a folder called FIFA 16), then make a copy of the install folder AND save folder in My Documents (naming them after the mod installed), then uninstall FIFA and start again to install the next (to a folder called FIFA 16 again), then make a copy of THOSE install and save folders (naming them after the new mod) - then just rename the install folder you want to use to "FIFA 16" (and the save folder too) each time.

Do this:

1) Download the original game again
2) After it finished installing, close Origin
3) Go to C:/Program Files/Origin Games and rename the "FIFA 16" folder to "FIFA 16 Original" (or whatever name you want, just to have a backup of the original game)
4) In the same Origin Games folder, paste the "FIFA 16 Super Deluxe Edition" folder you downloaded, and rename to "FIFA 16".
5) Log in to Origin Games, turn on "Offline Mode" and play.

If you are still having troubles to make it run properly, I can help you using TeamViewer

that worked!! Thanks for the help.

@Anth James Fantastic! I am doing a 2018 World Cup with the excellent Moddingway patch, but want to get cracking on other tournaments afterwards. I'll probably start in order from 1990, as it was the first tournament that I was able to watch on TV and followed every match as an 11-year old, then went to all four matches at the Silverdome near my then-home of Detroit in 94 before traveling solo to France four years later. To this day I can't believe the World Cup took place 10 minutes from my childhood home, especially since I'm not sure Detroit made the top-50 list for potential venues for 2026 😄. Seeing the now-demolished stadium in a video game again will be fun, especially as it was kind of a shithole (but it was our shithole) and endured some rough years there at the end.

Just a quick one on this... I've read in that thread that there's an issue with stadiums (which affects all FIFA 16 mods apparently) - something to do with newly added stadiums with new stadium IDs having floating benches / night-time issues / weather issues.

What's the best way to avoid these problems? I haven't downloaded the patch yet but I'm guessing you can't just not install the stadiums because that will screw up the patch as a whole (I don't know how it works if a team is set to play at a stadium that suddenly no longer exists)...

Found out about this late last night, I'll check it out when i've finished my current project.

However, Does this one feature classic kit models for the 80's & early 1990's teams?

Can anyone take a couple of pics? I need my short-shorts!

My keeps crashing on startup, anyone got any ideas why? I've copied the fix btw.

Is anyone else installing on the FIFA 16 Demo?

Last edited:
What's the best way to avoid these problems? I haven't downloaded the patch yet but I'm guessing you can't just not install the stadiums because that will screw up the patch as a whole (I don't know how it works if a team is set to play at a stadium that suddenly no longer exists)...

Technically, you can. FIFA is very versatile in that way. While most of games will crash to desktop if they don't find the files they need, FIFA 16 loads a default stadium instead. I'm downloading the patch, give me a few hours and I'll tell you if it works or not without the added stadiums.

Btw, what a great story you wrote in SoccerGaming! :)) I think it deserves to be shared here too :

Chris Davies in SoccerGaming said:
I've registered today just to say thank you for all of the work you're doing. The accuracy, the level of detail and the dedication you have to your work is just absolutely astounding. I am so grateful to you for your work.

My dad is 76 years old, and still plays FIFA (and PES). We started out playing Sensible Soccer on the Amiga, and then ISS Pro Evo on the PlayStation, many years ago now. It was what we bonded over most in my childhood. At this point in his life, he is in a bad place - not only does he reminisce and long for the past, but Covid has meant we can't see each other in person, and he feels isolated.

I installed your FIFA 14 patch onto my computer, and managed to guide him through the process of installing Parsec (which allows you to play games over the internet by streaming your screen), and we play the game while video-calling each other. I installed it as a surprise, to see his reaction when he saw the Liverpool teams of the 1960s and 70s that he supported as a younger man.

He was shocked when he saw the team line-ups on the team management screen - and immediately started telling me his memories of each player. He couldn't believe someone had gone through all of this research and effort to make something so special - without exaggeration, he was in awe of the accuracy of every player, face and attribute. He even asked me to say thank you on his behalf.

But then, when we got into a match and he got to control these players he remembered as fondly as his family, he had tears in his eyes - and he was fully transported back to those years, watching Emlyn Hughes, Jimmy Case and Kevin Keegan controlling each match they played in.

Thank you for giving my dad something so special, and tangible, that nobody else could give him

But... I also want to say thank you for something else, from me.

FIFA 16 is, in my opinion, one of the greatest football games of all-time. From the amount of variety in all things (thanks to the physics), to the AI which hadn't yet been dumbed down for online players so that they don't feel "cheated" by the opponent's AI players doing their jobs without human intervention. Every FIFA since has been a huge downgrade, in my opinion - but in lots of other peoples' opinion too.

I help run one of PES's most popular community sites, Evo-Web - and there is a thread that's dedicated to FIFA 16, such is the love for it amongst some of the longest-serving members of the site, and even amongst PES fans. (There is also a thread for FIFA 21, where everybody seems to agree that it's one of the worst simulations of football EA have ever produced, with mannequin AI, skating players and no physicality / zero fouls.)

We have all been excited to see your work in FIFA 16, and we were all delighted when v1.0 of your patch landed this week. We are all grateful to you for the work you're doing with FIFA 16 - you're giving our favourite football game a whole new lease of life. I am so excited to start playing your FIFA 16 work with my dad, enjoying the gameplay of my favourite football game with the teams and players he remembers so well.

Thank you so much for everything you're doing - you're not just making games more fun, but you're giving real emotion to people that they otherwise wouldn't have experienced. At this stage of my dad's life, that's worth more than the words "thank you" - I am truly grateful for everything you're doing, and can't wait to see what more you do with FIFA 16.

All the best for 2021 and beyond.

I guess you could export the original "stadiums" table from a clean FIFA 16 DB and then import it over the one present in the patch (using DB Master).
Then you should make sure that in the "teamstadiumlink" table of the patch DB every team has a stadium ID present in the original file (make sure you don't select the training arenas though as there are some that have ball-boys sinking in the ground to the point that their knees are almost covered). You could do it by exporting the table in CSV format, editing it with Excel and then re-importing it (importing and exporting are done with DB Master, ça va sans dire).

My keeps crashing on startup, anyone got any ideas why? I've copied the fix btw.

Is anyone else installing on the FIFA 16 Demo?
Hardly any patch works with the FIFA 16 demo.
I tried to install the Women Patch on both the demo and the 1.0 version of the game and it wouldn't go past the language selection screen in either case.

I know that there's been an update that added some more files in the "loc" folder (like the _upd ones) and maybe patches need those to work but they don't find them in the demo file structure so they crash... I think there's a reason why they crash when selecting the language.

Looks great!! Are you using your graphic mod? Might try that later. Any sliders and CL.ini reccommded to use with this patch? Thanks
I sure am. I'm still confused on which files to send people to get it running correctly so if you're up to test it out for me let me know!

I'm using v1.00 with a few minor slider adjustments (55 pass error, 52 shot speed, 47 pass speed, 55 line height, 45 first touch, 70 power bar). My cl.ini I just use the following. I find it's playing great!

//Use rotating adboards instead of animated ones globally.
STADIUM_USE_LEGACY_ADBOARDS=1

[]
AI_USE_MORAL_EFFECTS=0
CPUAI_USE_DIFFICULTY = 0
CPUAI_USE_MENTALITY = 0

[CPUAI]
HOME_OFFENSE_DIFFICULTY=0.80
AWAY_OFFENSE_DIFFICULTY=0.60

[] //CHEATING
CPUAI_GetBallToPlayerScorePredictionPoints=0
[Avoidance]
MovementPrediction=0
[ADAPTIVE_DIFFICULTY]
ENABLED=0

Just a quick one on this... I've read in that thread that there's an issue with stadiums (which affects all FIFA 16 mods apparently) - something to do with newly added stadiums with new stadium IDs having floating benches / night-time issues / weather issues.

Hmm I'm not entirely sure the best way to avoid the problems. I haven't actually noticed anything wrong with the stadiums so far. I'd say install as is and see how you go first.

Found out about this late last night, I'll check it out when i've finished my current project.

However, Does this one feature classic kit models for the 80's & early 1990's teams?

Can anyone take a couple of pics? I need my short-shorts!
It sure does feature the classic kit models! I wonder if they’ll add scoreboards for the tournaments, that would be amazing.

B217621C-7D1D-4D56-8F0A-ADCD88603DE8.jpeg8464F1EF-435E-4D65-A7CB-F2B60B4AC7AF.jpeg

Hmm I'm not entirely sure the best way to avoid the problems. I haven't actually noticed anything wrong with the stadiums so far. I'd say install as is and see how you go first.
Unfortunately the last screenshot in your group of screenshots above shows the issue - the subs are crouched, Bielsa-style, in the middle of nowhere, while the benches are in a completely different place. Not only that but the pitchside subs, stewards and cameramen are all either buried 3ft into the ground or hovering above it (like your sub in that last screenshot).

There's also something about the patch that makes my PC need to ramp up the fans (same with at least one other guy over at Soccergaming) - cut-scenes for corners particularly send the framerate from a solid 60 down to sub-30, jerking all over the place.

It's not stopped me having fun but it should definitely be classed as a beta I think (some players are even missing their heads)... :D

Non-patch related but I'd also forgotten how the game feels 100mph to me, even on slow and with the sliders you provided earlier. Any tips for really slowing it down?

Unfortunately the last screenshot in your group of screenshots above shows the issue - the subs are crouched, Bielsa-style, in the middle of nowhere, while the benches are in a completely different place. Not only that but the pitchside subs, stewards and cameramen are all either buried 3ft into the ground or hovering above it (like your sub in that last screenshot).

There's also something about the patch that makes my PC need to ramp up the fans (same with at least one other guy over at Soccergaming) - cut-scenes for corners particularly send the framerate from a solid 60 down to sub-30, jerking all over the place.

It's not stopped me having fun but it should definitely be classed as a beta I think (some players are even missing their heads)... :D

Non-patch related but I'd also forgotten how the game feels 100mph to me, even on slow and with the sliders you provided earlier. Any tips for really slowing it down?
Ah yes I see what you mean, hadn't even noticed the benches etc. I think @Ciais gameplay mod really slows down the game but it's been a while since I've played with it to remember exactly. I was playing on much different slider/cl.ini settings a little while back but I felt like the game wasn't flowing as smoothly for me. I agree with your points a little while ago on pass speed, it's a difficult one to get right as there's elements which are too fast, elements which are too slow. This can give the impression of super fast gameplay. For me, I was finding passes didn't have enough zip to them on a slower speed and I couldn't create chances the way I can with it on 47.

Back
Top Bottom