FIFA 16 News & Discussion Thread

What's better, ModdingWay or Infinity Patch? :)

Hi. When I got the game last week I had the same question but found this post here which could be useful:

PATCH:
- Moddingway 28.04 has a crazy amount of content including many different playable tournaments, a lot of graphical adds on (faces, adboards, flags, ect...)
The drawback is that it hasn't been updated since 2017. So if you are cm guy like me rosters are from the 17/18 season.
It can be downloaded from here: https://www.moddingway.com/forums/thread-28351.html

or

- FIP 3.2. It is the patch the most up to date with rosters from the 19/20 season. It has a crazy amount of leagues included for CM. The drawback is that even if it includes many graphical work, custom faces are not included. And as it is based on the FIFA20 database many players with a face in FIFA20 without a face in 16 are bald. It can looks really bad. Faces can be added (soccergaming.com being the main source to et anything fifa16 related) but there is no AIO pack yet.
It can be downloded from here:
https://downloads.fifa-infinity.com/fifa-16/fifa-infinity-patch-16-v-3-0/

For later:

- There is a crazy retro patch that might be released very soon: http://soccergaming.com/index.php?threads/wip-classic-patch-16.6466710/
- FIP4.0 might come with a much more complete package and attention to details as apparently Ariel from moddingway and Scouser from fifa infinty seems to have joined their forces.

I'm struggling to score goals, so what better tournament to start with than Italia 90 (using the new Classic Patch)! I couldn't turn down the opportunity to play as Maradona, so I took control of Argentina for the opener against Cameroon. Just like in real life, I lost (but 2-1, not 1-0). Roger Milla scored the second to put the Indomitable Lions up 2-0 and I liked this sequence of screen shots of him celebrating (no corner shimmy though):

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg

Are the classic Adboards in this version stationary?

They are not stationary. They switch, albeit to of-the-time sponsors (Fiat for Italia 90 stadiums, for example), like the modern ones do. Although there are moments that I see them all together, like they were in real life, but loading new versions every few seconds.

Is there a way to export the IDs of all the stadiums in my game? I can just use the STADIUM_ID=xxx in the cl.ini and reload the game every time I want to switch the stadiums (I've tried the Stadium Server, which is really impressive, but can't get it to work, and my way is easy enough). I can use the Creation Master to see the IDs, but I'd love to export a list and keep it in a txt doc for easier access.

Any solution for me to have multiple patches?

My Origin and FIFA 16 are installed on partition C.

But i dont have more space for another patch on C. I have FIP 19/20 and i want Classic patch on D partition.

How can i make it work? To have at same time C and D partition with patches. Unfortunately i cant make space on C.

Any solution for me to have multiple patches?

My Origin and FIFA 16 are installed on partition C.

But i dont have more space for another patch on C. I have FIP 19/20 and i want Classic patch on D partition.

How can i make it work? To have at same time C and D partition with patches. Unfortunately i cant make space on C.

I used that during quite long time. It works well.

https://www.howtogeek.com/howto/16226/complete-guide-to-symbolic-links-symlinks-on-windows-or-linux/

What should i use in options? Can you give me example?

I am tired now because of my work to exploring. If its bother you i will check later these days.
mklink /J Link Target

Exemple :

mklink /J "path to the folder in your C drive" "path to the folder in your D drive"

"" are required if the path has space in it.
With the command above all the files are physically in the d drive folder but for the pc it is like it is on the C drive but no C drive space is used. You can add stuff in the D drive folder it will be automatically "visible" by the C drive folder

Last edited:
Hey guys, I've put together another broadcast camera package.

The main difference with this one compared to the previous I posted is the way the dynamic zooming behaves. For me, this is much more natural. When the ball goes into the penalty box for example there's no sudden zoom in, so goals look more organic and less 'jerky'. Another example is when the ball is on the close side the camera opens up as opposed to becoming more narrow as in the default way of zooming.

This should be a complete package, so when the ball goes for a throw, goal kick, free kick, etc the angle should remain consistent and smooth. If you notice anything odd let me know as it's difficult to know if I've got all the little transitions!

To install, place bcdata folder in FIFA 16\data and regenerate.

Download: https://mega.nz/file/cc1W1SjZ#CIZrd7FzD0Tem-pzS4vAQl9xkMHuzr-gcaDtwxC7xtw

Note: If you want to make changes to the zoom yourself, you just need to follow these instructions to this one section. You don't need to quit the game to make the changes, you just need to make them and 'restart with different teams' (or go into the main menu).

1. Open the musedata-match.big file.
2. Scroll until you find packages\gameplay\package_gameplay_camera.xml
3. Find the section which looks like this and change the parts in bold -

<CameraCollection>
<CameraInstance>
<property name="cameraName" type="string" value="Broadcast Main Zoom" />
<property name="cameraBehavior" type="string" value="gameplaybehavior" />
<property name="cameraEvaluators" type="int" value="0" />
<property name="leadingEnabled" type="bool" value="True" />
<property name="cameraFramingOption" type="int" value="0" />
<property name="blendLength" type="float" value="10" />
<property name="blendCurve" type="int" value="4" />
<property name="blendPolicy" type="int" value="1" />
<property name="zoomInitialValue" type="float" value="0.14" />
<ZoomModifierCollection>
<ZoomModifier>
<property name="zoomFinalValue" type="float" value="0.14" />
</ZoomModifier>
</ZoomModifierCollection>
<FocalDistModifierCollection />
</CameraInstance>
</CameraCollection>

I've included some examples here to see how the package looks - note that depending on the stadium, the angle will look different - height and zoom. The differences you'll see in these examples show what I mean. Hope you enjoy!

Last edited:
I'm struggling to score goals, so what better tournament to start with than Italia 90 (using the new Classic Patch)! I couldn't turn down the opportunity to play as Maradona, so I took control of Argentina for the opener against Cameroon. Just like in real life, I lost (but 2-1, not 1-0). Roger Milla scored the second to put the Indomitable Lions up 2-0 and I liked this sequence of screen shots of him celebrating (no corner shimmy though):

View attachment 80802
View attachment 80803
View attachment 80804
View attachment 80805

Amazing. Do you have screenshot of the Argentina 1990 squad faces? Caniggia, Maradona, Olarticoechea, Ruggeri, Troglio, Burruchaga, Simon, Serrizuela, Monzon, etc.

I will install this as soon as I can.

If I want to replace my ModdingWay mod with Classic Patch do I have to delete my current FIFA 16 installation, reinstall the game and then run the classic mod over this? Damn.

It'd be amazing to have both ModdingWay mod and the Classic Patch installed at the same time though.

Have been enjoying fifa 20 the last couple weeks with klebstar sliders. However, it does feel like a lot of freedom was ripped out by the last patch, has a kind of rigidity to it, loss of alive ness and randomness, that maybe wasnt that great to begin with. Even playing fifa 17 and 18 demos shows more freedom there.
Theres also a spongy, imprecise feel to it that can make it feel indistinct as an experience.

Anyway, what sent me back to 16 was the sudden realisation: theres no need for tactics in 20. Although there is variety in matches and they do play out differently with different teams, games are either in constant motion, end to end with no midfield which means you simply cant assess how tactics could change the game or...

Games are gridlocked with virtually no movement on the pitch at all.

For a while, these two types of matches can be fun but after a while, theres a sense of not being able to influence them from a tactical or strategic viewpoint.

So I went back to fifa 16, using OS sliders, version 7 from initial set. Lowered passing speed a bit more which gave more weight to the ball.
Also I lowered the power up bar which made passing feel less spindly, more tactile.
And played Moenchengladbach vs Leverkuson.

And the game is vital and dynamic but it's also stable. And what do you know? I can 'see' the match flow, I can see where I can make tactical changes to influence the game.
This alone has probably set me on fifa 16 for now.
I'm playing with teams I dont really know to avoid that odd, slightly melancholy feeling i get playing with out of date teams in spain and england.

One issue I have. I think shots are too powerful, they zip so quickly, i dont really see them properly.
I have keepers set at 15 and shot speed at 51 as per OS sliders.
Can anyone recommend a good shot speed setting to be able to see and feel the shot flight better?

There was a beautiful shot in this thread a few days back where you could really see the flight of the ball...

Trust me... FIFA 16 is the best.

Not perfect but there isn't any better football game available.

This has the "spirit" and the "genuine feel" of a football game.

well, i tried the lastest version of FIFA but came back to the best one on PS4! ;)
...and just last night, the last thing i did before going to bed... i started FIFA16 (vanilla) after a week off!

and what can i say... 2 great matches on world class that put me to bed with a world class smile! :D
i was playing Leicester vs. Arsenal and Leicester vs. ManCity. "lets see if we can annoy the big clubs", thats my preferred motto!

won the first one late, when Danny Drinkwater stole the ball in Leicester's half, moved to the right side and started an amazing solo run! no tricks, no flicks just movement of the player with the ball (using inertia and stuff); letting the first opponent behind at the center right. moving on to the right corner side down the sideline, he turns in near the flag to loose the second opponent and enters the pen area. a strong shot into the far top corner from about 11 meter past Cech and its 1:0 for Leicester (around 80th minute)! :D
in a hurry i set all tactics to super defensive and waited for Arsenal to go for the draw in the final minutes. they did... i was fighting for "my life"... Cech up front for a last corner, Schmeichel punhes it out, 2 short ground passes later followed by a long ball attempt to hit the empty Arsenal goal (wich i missed by 3 meters)... and it was ALL over!
Leicester fans in the stands happy about what the team just had achived! brilliant stuff! i was so happy too! :APPLAUD:

wanted to go to bed, because it was late and 6 hours later i had to go to work... but... naaahhhh... lets have another one!

started my second match vs. ManCity. a pretty intense fight for the first goal ended in a 0:0 and led to overtime. golden goal i choose, because time was rare...
no goals either. so its the pens! i miss 3 of them, but i dont mind the lottery to much. last pen from my guys, i run up to the ball, stutter in motion to fool the keeper, my players slips (on wet grass as it was raining) and misses left of the post! :LOL: what a nice animation accompanied by the commentators with a love little line!
thats how i "like to go down"! in style! :D you get me! :APPLAUD:

this game... really... its a super package! and a huge part, as i found out over time, is the AI and how the teams move and players behave! its nearly football! ;) i'm pretty sure of that. this game sttrikes a nice balance betwen sim and fun game! not too much of a sim but equally fun to play. reminded me of the other game from 2017!

anyway... just great fun! get the message out guys: the PS4 vanilla disc of FIFA16 really is something! something special!
...even with some flaws!

edit: vanilla disc with slider set by... who was it again?! sorry i cant remember, but i really dig those sliders! :WORSHIP:

edit2: sometimes i wish i had the talent of @MafiaMurderBag so i could live commentate on the action! :D so much i have to say!

edit3: it was my man @Tamer !!! :WORSHIP: :APPLAUD:

Last edited:
@Anth James Your camera package looks stunning! You've done a great job!
I wonder if it is possible to add those smooth transitions to " UserInstantReplay " camera?
In your video examples you have a big white circle around players with directional guide, when I turn "trainer" on I have small red circle. How do I change it?

@Anth James Your camera package looks stunning! You've done a great job!
I wonder if it is possible to add those smooth transitions to " UserInstantReplay " camera?
In your video examples you have a big white circle around players with directional guide, when I turn "trainer" on I have small red circle. How do I change it?
Thanks man! I’ll have a look at UserInstantReplay in the next couple of days for you. For the indicator use this. I think you just have to delete that trainer file from what you’ve got and it’ll work but follow the instructions and see how you go.

https://evo-web.co.uk/threads/fifa-16-news-discussion-thread.75194/post-3647623

Amazing. Do you have screenshot of the Argentina 1990 squad faces? Caniggia, Maradona, Olarticoechea, Ruggeri, Troglio, Burruchaga, Simon, Serrizuela, Monzon, etc.

I will install this as soon as I can.

If I want to replace my ModdingWay mod with Classic Patch do I have to delete my current FIFA 16 installation, reinstall the game and then run the classic mod over this? Damn.

It'd be amazing to have both ModdingWay mod and the Classic Patch installed at the same time though.

I’ll take some screenshots later today and capture some video for you

maradona.jpg
caniggia.jpg
burru.jpg
ruggeri.jpg
Olart.jpg

@El Pajaro Here's a sampling of some of the players from the 1990 squad. The strangest thing with playing as them is the formation - it's a 5-4-1 with a very narrow diamond in the middle and a lot of space out wide (that got closed down quickly by Cameroon). Playing with classical formations will take some getting used to.

I'll PM you a video I shot, can't embed it here.

Attachments

• burru.jpg
    burru.jpg
    106.2 KB · Views: 2
Thanks a lot man, appreciated. The cybers don't look that accurate though. Claudio Caniggia had long blonde hair in the 1990 tournament.

He was one of the key players of Italy 1990.

Attachments

• 400px-Caniggia_sonriente_1988.jpg
    400px-Caniggia_sonriente_1988.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 8
Yeah, I think many players that appeared in multiple World Cups are duplicated. So while Ronaldo has 4 distinct looks, he is rated a 93 in all of them (and he didn't play a minute in 1994). There are also not a lot of boot options, particularly non-black boots of the 2000s, and most of the players wear the same boot across multiple years. Ronaldo, thankfully, has the Mercurials in 98 though.

A known bug is that the custom stadiums added don't look right during night matches. It's almost as if there is a filter over it, like not all the floodlights in the stadium work. You can still play them, but it's better for night matches to use the default stadiums and not the added ones.

Is it me or the players stats are really off in the FIFA16 version of the classic patch?
I mean Henry has 83 in speed while Blanc has 81, Barthez 79, Deschamps 76 or Zidane 82..........
I also noticed that every player has 90 in stamina!!!
Strength is also overdone most of the time (ie: Lizarazu 93!)

Last edited:
@papinho81 You're right, they are. I gameplayzed it so I didn't notice, but yes, the ratings are out of whack. I was playing with the France 1998 squad and I thought it was just me in that I couldn't accelerate with Henry. Looks like I'll have to go back to the original db and update the ratings manually. I wonder why that was like that?

@Anth James Yeah you're just gonna have to upload your entire game for all of us 😄

I started playing FIFA 16 (ping @PRO_TOO )
And it's holding up visually for sure(even on console),can't remember it looked this good the last time I played it.
Decided to start a new career,and yes it's really a good game,coming from 20 it's quite a shock how bad FIFA has become.

Graphically it holds up really well.
Face textures are not as good as the frostbite engine, but the actual graphics are good.

+ I am loving the fact I can play it with Nvidia scaling in 8K resolution and still get a constant 60FPS - Sorry I play 60FPS locked as find the game runs weird when not locked.

I started playing FIFA 16 (ping @PRO_TOO )
And it's holding up visually for sure(even on console),can't remember it looked this good the last time I played it.
Decided to start a new career,and yes it's really a good game,coming from 20 it's quite a shock how bad FIFA has become.
Graphically it holds up really well.
Face textures are not as good as the frostbite engine, but the actual graphics are good.

+ I am loving the fact I can play it with Nvidia scaling in 8K resolution and still get a constant 60FPS - Sorry I play 60FPS locked as find the game runs weird when not locked.
AFE7FC73-FFCD-488C-816B-B81536754F2B.jpeg

Only fixtures in foggy conditions look like they were played in an airport smoking lounge! ;)

edit: f me, when the current games (oh so awesome) 4K HDR picture is featuring colors as pale as my behind! I’m so in peace with football games atm. Why bother...?! :BYE:

edit2: is our discord voice chat still active? I’d hang there this weekend to chat... join me!
#morevocallessdistant

Last edited:
View attachment 82240

Only fixtures in foggy conditions look like they were played in an airport smoking lounge! ;)

edit: f me, when the current games (oh so awesome) 4K HDR picture is featuring colors as pale as my behind! I’m so in peace with football games atm. Why bother...?! :BYE:

edit2: is our discord voice chat still active? I’d hang there this weekend to chat... join me!
I used to play most games in rainy condition to slow down passing etc,but I have a pretty low pass speed and high first touch error,so it's slow and nice.
Can't believe that FIFA 19-20-21s colours are so watered down,looks so bad Vs the older rites like this.

Back
Top Bottom