FIFA 16 News & Discussion Thread

I'm interessted too please to play with the demo exe to make the game the most realistic possible May i ask some questions? I think the answer is yes but to be sure will your stadium server work with the demo exe? And does revolution mod work also? Do you use modded db's and cl ini with it, in other words do Cais or Fidels gameplay mods give good results with it?

Every modding things are possible with it (Revmod included). You have to see it like the full game but with the demo exe so the demo gameplay (it needs to be kept offline for obvious reasons). I am using the last moddingway version but I also installed FIP without problem (note that some users have reported problem with FIP). My stadium server uses an optical character recognition (OCR) approach to get the ids and it comes with a kick off hub files designed to optimize the OCR process. So it is basically compatible with all the versions of the game.
I have few lines in my cl.ini and in the product.ini which are supposed to decrease cpu cheating. I also have a modified MatchIntensity.txt for the database supposed to decrease the rubber band behavior of the game (ie: easy scoring opportunities just after the cpu scored ect).
Other than that the game plays really well with the default database and with default sliders. I just turned the game speed to slow.

Talking about tactics in the ext demo, hAd a very nice game against United in my Liverpool career yesterday. All the UTD team occupied the field really well, staying pretty high but still very compact. It was a satisfying 0-0 and felt much like a rival game. I am curious to see if there is even more to this tactics variety.

About the demo generally, I'm also noting there is more aggressiveness by default (like more sliding tackles, for example) and stamina already work as it should, depleting players you used the most in the end of the match.

Yeah game plays already pretty well with all sliders to default. It's ironic that it had out of the box a lot of the characteristics people desperately tried to mod after in the complete game.

Among other things I'm seeing more varied collisions as well. Just had this happening to me: where Norwich player "fouled" his own teammate in an attempt of intercepting the ball, which led me to the pretty satisfying Manè's header of the video.

Had to share this one.. Robertson for Firmino for Fabinho's shot.. Klopp's spirit is definitely with me (I'm about to get sacked tho :D)

Also, completely different action, but couldn't help think at Fabinho's beautiful goal of sunday anyway;)

Here is what is probably the goal that will give the title to the Bayern for a third year in a row.

FC Bayern is now 4 points clear away from us with 7 games remaining. I can't see them failing.

Talking about counter attacking, I absolutely loved everything about this one.

It's the last minutes of the game, I'm winning 1-2 at everton, but they're pressing really well and all I can do is clear the ball time and time again. Great passing move from the cpu from the throw in and you can tell I'm simply mashing the shoot/clear button by how my CB just smashes the ball while on the ground (great animation!). It sets up a very lucky counter that ends with a desperate cpu tackle and a penalty.

Boom! 1-3, game over, fist pump!

Last edited:
Couple of points about how older fifa games were so much better:

1. You could really pin the cpu back by pressing well and the cpu could do the same to you. First of all, the pressing tactic was much better implemented than the "constant pressure" you will find in 19+. And passing assistance was not over the top to bail you out. You could not pass mindlessly around pressure. Pressure was also applied when it made sense considering the match scenario and scoreline which leads to my second point:

2. Matches were memorable and told a story, like the one in my previous post. Now it's all a blur. Teams play the same passive/pressing game for 90 minutes and it's like "Well I had X shots and scored Y goals and the cpu had X shots and scored Y goals. Whatever". It's like mindless alternating attacks (I'll attack now then it's your turn, repeat 30 times and see who scored the most goals. Meh). Nowadays pressing hardly works and build up is non existent to mix things up and help create a believable match scenario/story.

Last edited:
2. Matches were memorable and told a story, like the one in my previous post.

You are absolutely right! Yesterday I played my CL quarter final first leg at home against City. There is history between our two clubs because the past season we beat them in the Europa League semi final (don't ask me how City ended there...) on aggregate which led us to our only silver wear since I am the manager of Dortmund. This season, we were on the same CL group and they ended up winning the group on goal difference. They had a clear 2-0 win at home and we won the reverse match 3-2. So I know their team, the quality they have at the midfield and in attack, but I also know their weakness with relatively slow CBs. I knew it would be a tuff game and it was, but I ended winning the game 5-1. When you just see those number you can only think that it was an unrealistic and unbalanced game.

But watching the game you can see that, first City had the worst possible game start. They were down 2-0 after 15 mins conceding first a Kompany own goal and a penalty after a Walker ruthless challenge. I was thinking it is time to kill this beast. But eventually they managed to come back in the game, pressuring high, and putting players numbers in my half. They had several chances saved by my keeper, one very clear by Sane at the 6 yards, miraculously saved by my keeper. On the follow up, Sterling found with a beauty of a vision Sane in a clear position, who let this time no chance to my keeper. Game on, 2-1 after 22 minutes.

They kept the pressure high and I was thinking I must keep that advantage until the half time. Walker and Mendy were playing really high up on the pitch. On a not really dangerous counter attack Kompany manage to force Lautaro to the sideline and to tackle the ball for a throw in. On the throw in you can clearly see that Pep didn't watch my previous game against the Barca. Lautaro plays it quickly for Fernandez who find Witsel in the middle of the pitch with no one pressuring him, Fernandinho actually followed De Jong inside the box deserting its CDM role. The time Fernandinho reacts it is too late, BANG, another screamer for Witsel, that's 3-1 just before half time! That really killed City momentum. They almost conceded a fourth one in the injury time if Walker didn't save his keeper with a vital foot deflection.

In the second half, it always felt like they could come back. They had a few chances on goal, but they never managed to get clear shots opportunities. On a priori harmless counter attack, David Silva unfortunately put the ball back on the path of Fernandez, who finds Pulisic marked by Mendy. Pulisic manage to send a shoot which would have probably been saved by Ederson if Mendy didn't put his leg on the ball trajectory. After those two unfortunate touches by the cpu, Ederson goes to take the ball in the back of his net for the fourth time, 4-1. The fifth goal is anecdotal as Lautaro managed to slalom in between tired and ageing City CBs to finish with a cruel shot on the top corner. Anecdotal but not without importance, because City will need a 4-0 win, or better, to go through to the semi final. Shots numbers where 17(12) - 13(7).

The video:

I am alternating this game with PES20 and while PES20 animations make this game looks a bit old at times, in term of football fundamentals and the everything can happen in the next seconds, this game is so much satisfying. It keeps me coming back to it.

Last edited:
I started another career, because Liverpool one was irremediably doomed.. this time with Inter, once again inspired in some measure to today's modern Nerazzurri team. I sold an enormous number of players, completely redid the offensive department and most of the midfield.

Playing with 3-5-2 as well as Conte, had two very nice games which I both won 2-1 and 1-2, against Atalanta and Carpi.

It's so good to play with Lukaku in this game, he really does feel different with all his physical strength, take this goal I did:

don't know if it's fully appreciable from replay, but the defender realistically bounced off him, which allowed me to make this shoot that left the keeper beautifully immobile.

I am alternating this game with PES20 and while PES20 animations make this game looks a bit old at times, in term of football fundamentals and the everything can happen in the next seconds, this game is so much satisfying. It keeps me coming back to it.

It's the absolute mirror of my current football gaming routine :D.

I love Pes 20 and I'm playing it to death too, but something in the the way Fifa 16 is wired just makes it unique. There are moments in which I feel it simulates pure bits of football. Another example here, which goes straight in the small things which exalt me to no end:

Throw in, Lukaku with his body balance slightly puts the defender off time, the ball randomly bounced to my player's foot that almost scored like that. Super randomness, and I also scored with an OG in the corner after this one :D.

There is little to say, the moment I started to react differently to cpu pass around was the moment I practically discovered a new game (more so with the demo extended, which I'm of course using now and it's awesome). I truly hope Fifa 16 will stay alive for long, especially if EA will keep providing such an up and (mostly) down experience with the new chapters.

In this regard, and I'm happy to say it since in the end modders are the ones always keeping the game fresh, important to point out that in those latest games I've used @Chuny 's new GFX MOD, which he kindly passed me in preview to test and I'm afraid that once again my replay doesn't make it justice because I think it's truly an excellent job, suffice to say that it became my standard go-to. Hope once out it will bring more people to try out again Fifa 16 :) .

@Madmac79 do you have a Nvidia graphic card? If yes, you can use Geforce thing to record your videos. It is very convenient to use (you can set the length and the quality of the video you want to save) and it doesn't eat much cpu or gpu.

@Madmac79 do you have a Nvidia graphic card? If yes, you can use Geforce thing to record your videos. It is very convenient to use (you can set the length and the quality of the video you want to save) and it doesn't eat much cpu or gpu.

I have a radeon. I think I had a similar software here too, but back in years ago I turned it off cause it used to give me some small lag in my League of Legends days (which given the nature of the game wasn't acceptable).

I have just stumbled upon this website, as I was searching for some mods for this game and im so glad that there is still an active community. I have a bit knowledge with modding this game and I was wondering if someone could pm me how to install the demo version of this game and play career mode with it. Unfortunately I haven't found anything about this topic. Would appreciate if someone could help me out!

Hi, guys. Glad to see that this game is still alive. But I have a question. I downloaded gamplayzer, changed .ini, made it all according to instruction and I see the changes in gameplay. I played some games on legendary/ 7 min. half. But I see that the AI is going to attack very rare. Most of time AI is passing in the midfield and shot statistic in every game is around 3-5 shoots.

I have just stumbled upon this website, as I was searching for some mods for this game and im so glad that there is still an active community. I have a bit knowledge with modding this game and I was wondering if someone could pm me how to install the demo version of this game and play career mode with it. Unfortunately I haven't found anything about this topic. Would appreciate if someone could help me out!

You need to buy account in origin with fifa 16. It's very cheap. Because you will not find the CPY.

Hi, guys. Glad to see that this game is still alive. But I have a question. I downloaded gamplayzer, changed .ini, made it all according to instruction and I see the changes in gameplay. I played some games on legendary/ 7 min. half. But I see that the AI is going to attack very rare. Most of time AI is passing in the midfield and shot statistic in every game is around 3-5 shoots.

You need to buy account in origin with fifa 16. It's very cheap. Because you will not find the CPY.

It's very balanced, imho. And depending on the team. Check my World Cup report and the match stats. All top teams overshot me in the games.

https://evo-web.co.uk/threads/my-world-cup-2018-tournament-with-argentina-fifa-16-mw-mods.80110/

Very cool videos guys, i agree to all you said about 16 being the game that came the closest to a real simulation, the mess it can be in the box in a positive way, recreating the randomness of the sport. Also not always perfect build up, passes, first touches or crosses, that gives a human error factor to the cpu.

I can document this in a video also: a nice build up of the cpu in white shirts, not overpowered or scripted, pretty realistic with a failed last pass, which is often the most difficult to do irl.

Just bought this for 2.99 on PS4 after reading all of the above. I know I cannot mod it but will the sliders produce the good gameplay?
Personally love playing older PES's with the rosters from that year, its like reliving that year. This is the first older Fifa I have bought. Roll on.

Just bought this for 2.99 on PS4 after reading all of the above. I know I cannot mod it but will the sliders produce the good gameplay?
Personally love playing older PES's with the rosters from that year, its like reliving that year. This is the first older Fifa I have bought. Roll on.

Check Ciais' mods. I guarantee you it's the most realistic football gaming experience there is.

So this arrived. After ten games with Matt10’s sliders I believe certainly plays a tactical game of football. So much freedom, midfield battles and unpredictable games. Very surprised, as i would’ve never considered going back to an older fifa. It’s pes 5/6, 13 or nothing...until now. Great to have come across this thread!

Do you own the disk version on PS4?

I would recommand you to play it right from the disk without any update applied to it for two reasons:
- the gameplay is in my opinion better on the released version, after the 1.06 or 1.07 the game got really diluted down (again in my opinion)
- you will have the Brazilian league fully licenced. EA lost the right short after the game release.

I would recommand you to play it right from the disk without any update applied to it for two reasons:
- the gameplay is in my opinion better on the released version, after the 1.06 or 1.07 the game got really diluted down (again in my opinion)
- you will have the Brazilian league fully licenced. EA lost the right short after the game release.

Great stuff. I will do this. Going to play the hell out of this one I hope :)

Thanks to the last Windows update (which applied to my PC on December 24 ) my FIFA16 is back to normal :PRAY: (was having severe FPS issues).

Here is a short video showing 1) a nice gaol scored by the CPU that took advantage of my poor defending and Savic taking man marking too literal :)) ; 2) a lucky goal mouth scramble I scored.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom