FIFA 16 Videos & Pictures

you need to trasnfer him to his new home though :)

I absolutely don't feel the urge to play the 20/21 yet. I haven't played much with 19/20 teams and I am quite happy to give it a proper go.
Rodrigo is the perfect striker in this game though. A pacey, technical, strong enough left footed striker. I used to buy him in half my cm (alternatively with Muriel (a sort of R9 in the game)) back in 15/16 when I was playing the game on ps4.

Some random plays I liked from my latest match:

1)Almost goal with a great acrobacy by CPU
2)Atsu defending the throw in and Minamino contending in this almost dancing duel
3)Nice proactivity by the Newcastle's keeper that "reads" the rebound and kicks away the ball from Salah in the very last second, that highlights once again how good CPU is in this fundamental in 16. Also kinda rare for me to be able to foul the keeper in this game like it indeed happened.
4)Even rarer, anyway, that last one.. where the same keeper, still protagonist, after the last, desperate corner in which he came up receives the ball, advance and shoot only to hit the post. Luckily the tap in is easy prey of Alisson. Can't remember it to ever happen to me anyway lol.

This is what i mentioned in the FIFA 21 thread, That you have to be invested in the timing of every action, I had a similar scenario to you where i tried to intercept a lofted throughpass but i pressed the clearance button too early, And perish the thought of the game being so responsive, My defender literally jumped the instant i commanded him to rather than automatically timing a passive, functional interception.

This game keeps you on your toes and there's consqequnces for taking it for granted and half-assing stuff!

So close, Once again, Nothing is assured on this game!

I like this too, The fact that you rarely see the same goal scored the same way and that a lot of the time, Scrappy goals or not so clean hits are as much a part of football than top corner screamers.
100%. Here is another example of how the scrappy moments create so many unique moments in a match. It's just a simple corner, but on closer examination all 3 contacts with the ball are scrappy. The initial header comes off Martinelli and onto Silva's head which makes Silva's header quite weak. Kovacic then arrives into the box but his contact isn't good and it allows Leno to take the ball comfortably.

CPU vs CPU here. Look at how patient Chelsea are in the build-up to the goal.

That was a great goal, In many other football games the CPU would just try and stubbornly drill it to the striker willy nilly regardless of how inappropriate it would be. The AI is pretty impressive on this and they've scored very satisfying goals against me in my Euro. Part of me kind of regrets not doing a whole CPU simmed tournament but I also aint watching 50+ games without playing, Without taking part. It's like watching other people eat while your hungry.

Only thing that annoyed me about your video and it happens to me, Is that god damn referee kit clashing with the away team. Now this is still a problem to this day, One simple option in the kickoff hub is all is needed because the vanilla game still gets it wrong.

I saved that video initially for the curled shot of Rodrigo, but I realized on the replay that Gomez limbo movement away from the ball trajectory might have been crucial for the goal ending in the back of the net. Surely in PES it would have been a shot in the back or the face of the team mate.

PS: It looks like youtube applys a filter on my videos, they don't look the same when played from my PC.

100%. Here is another example of how the scrappy moments create so many unique moments in a match.

This game really is something else. Installed it on my console (along with 5 other FIFAs) and am trying to get it to work vanilla.

I've played so many hours of this game but I still see scrappy moments that feel very un-scripted. It has to be something about the ignite engine... Just today I had a game in which the AI scored an own goal... If I showed it to someone they would probably say that sucks, the AI sucks... but see, in my many hours of playing this game, I hadn't seen this situation (a very crappy header from my striker which was on the way out, but the defender slipped and fell and tried to kick it out and ended up in his own net).
In this game, I'm still watching replays in slow-mo to see what happened and enjoying looking at the randomness...

Yes the game sometimes frustrates me with ping-pong passing, but it is special. Dare to dream if we had an ignite 2.0 instead of frostbite.

Last edited:
This game really is something else. Installed it on my console (along with 5 other FIFAs) and am trying to get it to work vanilla.

I've played so many minutes of this but I still see scrappy moments that feel very un-scripted. It has to be something about the ignite engine... Just today I had a game in which the AI scored an own goal... If I showed it to someone they would say that sucks, the AI sucks... but see, in my many hours of playing this game, I hadn't seen this situation (a very crappy header from my striker which was on the way out, but the defender slipped and fell and tried to kick it out and ended up in his own net).
In this game, I'm still watching replays in slow-mo to see what happened and enjoy looking at them....

Yes the game sometimes frustrates me with ping-pong passing, but it is special. Dare to dream if we had an ignite 2.0 instead of frostbite.
Completely agree. I had a moment today where the CPU had a relatively easy pass from cb out to the wing and they completely missed the target and kicked it out of play. It wasn’t even close haha. Typically this would be seen as bad AI too, but I thought it was great because I hadn’t seen it before and it rarely happens, but it still can happen - just like in a football match.

I love this goal! On a side note, my awful attempt at a header leading up to the goal is a good example of what @MafiaMurderBag was talking about the other day. If that was modern FIFA/PES there's no way my input would have been recognised so early, it would have been a perfectly timed header.

Looking great! Little acts of randomness keep the game fresh.

Jealous of your updates, meanwhile I've got Mikel Arteta on my Arsenal team... and not quite as the manager...
The biggest release isn't cyberpunk2077 its FIP20/21, it cant come soon enough

Man, I'm having SO much fun playing 1.01 vanilla. Even more than all my Fifa 16 stints of the last two years.

Recorded a lot of stuff in my last three games; had a very fun match against United in which they dominated me for a great portion of the time, despite them being in 10 from the first half due to a last man foul+penalty(which I failed). It ended 0-0 but saw a lot of nice things individuality wise. Two examples: this classy touch by Ibra followed by his immediate run forward:

And Pogba's trying repeatedly to beat Alisson with outside shots.. just two nice ones, a good save and a post:

Lastly, the first International Friendlies started for my parallel job as the Belgium coach and as mentioned, I'm having so much fun that even if I'm usually repelled by friendlies in Career/Masters in football games, to the point that I skip them whenever it is possible, I decided to play them both all the same.

Lukaku scored me this nice header against Northern Ireland:

Loved so much the torsion in this animation, felt so realistic. It's even nice to notice the contrast with my Liverpool season, I was dangerous all game long with Lukaku's headers while with Mane-Salah-Chamberlain I can't hit many if any. I surely haven't scored one with any of them until now lol.

Had a lot of other nice moments in the second friendly against USA, will probably post them tomorrow.

That was a great goal, In many other football games the CPU would just try and stubbornly drill it to the striker willy nilly regardless of how inappropriate it would be. The AI is pretty impressive on this and they've scored very satisfying goals against me in my Euro. Part of me kind of regrets not doing a whole CPU simmed tournament but I also aint watching 50+ games without playing, Without taking part. It's like watching other people eat while your hungry.

Only thing that annoyed me about your video and it happens to me, Is that god damn referee kit clashing with the away team. Now this is still a problem to this day, One simple option in the kickoff hub is all is needed because the vanilla game still gets it wrong.
Hey man!

I've been watching your euro 2016 videos lately and they have been an inspiration to me. I thought this game would be perfect if only the moment when a goal was scored was better. in fact the problem is that in my opinion but I would say objectively the fact that the camera moves towards the player and trembles when you score takes away the naturalness. For this reason, studying finalbig I found a way to eliminate this feature and make the moment of goal as natural as possible. This is why I share with you and with the community the big file that allows you to do this, you will only have to replace it in the '' muse '' folder (remember to make a backup because you never know). I hope you can use this in your next videos to make them even more enjoyable.

Cheers

Attachments

• musedata-match.zip
    641.2 KB · Views: 3
Hey man!

I've been watching your euro 2016 videos lately and they have been an inspiration to me. I thought this game would be perfect if only the moment when a goal was scored was better. in fact the problem is that in my opinion but I would say objectively the fact that the camera moves towards the player and trembles when you score takes away the naturalness. For this reason, studying finalbig I found a way to eliminate this feature and make the moment of goal as natural as possible. This is why I share with you and with the community the big file that allows you to do this, you will only have to replace it in the '' muse '' folder (remember to make a backup because you never know). I hope you can use this in your next videos to make them even more enjoyable.

Cheers
Thanks man, I really appreciate that but i've already recorded all the games now haha but i really could've done with it too, The screen shaking and buggy camera cuts were pretty annoying. But i'll probably do a Copa America soon on the same game so i'll definitely use this file next time round!

I remember giving a lot of time to FIFA 16 back in the day on the PS4. I do have it in Origin though, is there some type of guide of what mods would be good to install? Maybe an entire pack of mods or something similar? I do know about soccergaming, but when I enter there I feel like the first time I entered Evo-Web: completely lost :LMAO:

So that's the friendly I played yesterday against USA. Three very nice details:

1)First one, the physical duel between Thorgan Hazard and USA's defender.. loved that the latter tried desperately to kick away the ball, but my Thorgan anticipated him and the cb ended up realistically changing the animation mid air, stumbling on himself (only for their keeper to close me in a good fashion).
2)Carrasco receiving ball from Hazard, adjust the ball, shoot and the last second defender's tackle produces one of those minimal deflections that sends the ball a millimeter out..
3)Tielemans receives a loose ball from corner, shoot a great lefty which goes right in the face of the defender, leaving him stunned for a second.

Love so much that Fifa 16 produces all this little contextual things. Usually the amount of time I spend on replays is a good marker of how much I instinctively like a football game.. and I assure I'm there countless times every single match in 16 :D .

So that's the friendly I played yesterday against USA. Three very nice details:

1)First one, the physical duel between Thorgan Hazard and USA's defender.. loved that the latter tried desperately to kick away the ball, but my Thorgan anticipated him and the cb ended up realistically changing the animation mid air, stumbling on himself (only for their keeper to close me in a good fashion).
2)Carrasco receiving ball from Hazard, adjust the ball, shoot and the last second defender's tackle produces one of those minimal deflections that sends the ball a millimeter out..
3)Tielemans receives a loose ball from corner, shoot a great lefty which goes right in the face of the defender, leaving him stunned for a second.

Love so much that Fifa 16 produces all this little contextual things. Usually the amount of time I spend on replays is a good marker of how much I instinctively like a football game.. and I assure I'm there countless times every single match in 16 :D .
I loved the overpowering of the defender causining him to crash and burn, I think they toned that down on recent FIFA's if not outright removed it because too many people cried about it being bullshit online.

I don't think it happens that much for it to be a problem and like most things on FIFA 16, It's purely contextual and is a combination of strength, Momentum and balance. I've literally seen defenders trip over their OWN legs while frantically backtracking in this situation and it can look real organic.

We are just after the janauary transfer window and PSG has mad its market in my team. Goodbye my top scorer (Rodrigo), goodbye my top assist player (Guedes). We also sold Parejo to Juve because despite all its passing and defensive positioning quality he didn't fit very well the aggressive tactic of team. We play with a flat and really narrow 442 (default tactic of the team by the way) with a high line and a high pressing intensity. Parejo is really slow (slower than Busquets, yep) and he likely because of that he wasn't really the box to box midfielder to fit in the tactic. Coquelin and Kondogbia were in general starting at the spot against the bigger sides or we where almost guaranted to loose the physicla battle in the midfield.
PSG gave me a good amount of cash (110M for Rodrigo and 75M for Guedes, crazy what petrols can gets you) but we only had 5 days left to find someone to replace Rodrigo. We managed to get Gabriel Jesus from City for an ok price (75M) and we also bought two box to box midfielders, Merino (not the lam, the Socieadad player) and Tolisso for only 30M, not too bad. Finally we boguht a scouted player, a cerain Zaracho (an exiting prospect) at Racing Club in Argentina.

This is video of a what is probably the most satifying goal I ve scored this season in my CM with Valencia.
I trully loved every bits about what the last 4 players have done in this goal. The special mention goes to Maximiliano Gomez for the genious perfectly waited through pass and to Soler for the fantastic first time cross (I like the way he is watching the ball when falling out of balance on the floar after the cross ). On the Pro cam I use (and playing full mamual), it felt really awesome to break the dead lock with this beauty. That was the first goal for us by Jesus in open play. I hope many more will follow.

We are just after the janauary transfer window and PSG has mad its market in my team. Goodbye my top scorer (Rodrigo), goodbye my top assist player (Guedes). We also sold Parejo to Juve because despite all its passing and defensive positioning quality he didn't fit very well the aggressive tactic of team. We play with a flat and really narrow 442 (default tactic of the team by the way) with a high line and a high pressing intensity. Parejo is really slow (slower than Busquets, yep) and he likely because of that he wasn't really the box to box midfielder to fit in the tactic. Coquelin and Kondogbia were in general starting at the spot against the bigger sides or we where almost guaranted to loose the physicla battle in the midfield.
PSG gave me a good amount of cash (110M for Rodrigo and 75M for Guedes, crazy what petrols can gets you) but we only had 5 days left to find someone to replace Rodrigo. We managed to get Gabriel Jesus from City for an ok price (75M) and we also bought two box to box midfielders, Merino (not the lam, the Socieadad player) and Tolisso for only 30M, not too bad. Finally we boguht a scouted player, a cerain Zaracho (an exiting prospect) at Racing Club in Argentina.

This is video of a what is probably the most satifying goal I ve scored this season in my CM with Valencia.
I trully loved every bits about what the last 4 players have done in this goal. The special mention goes to Maximiliano Gomez for the genious perfectly waited through pass and to Soler for the fantastic first time cross (I like the way he is watching the ball when falling out of balance on the floar after the cross ). On the Pro cam I use (and playing full mamual), it felt really awesome to break the dead lock with this beauty. That was the first goal for us by Jesus in open play. I hope many more will follow.

Nice stuff. I also really liked Soler's run on the side without ball in the goal.

You just decided to accept any good offer for your players? I remember you were pretty satisfied with Rodrigo, although in front of 110M I guess it's hard to say no, plus GJ seems to be a very good substitute indeed :)

Nice stuff. I also really liked Soler's run on the side without ball in the goal.

You just decided to accept any good offer for your players? I remember you were pretty satisfied with Rodrigo, although in front of 110M I guess it's hard to say no, plus GJ seems to be a very good substitute indeed :)

I asked for 110M because I thought it would be a dissuasive amount, but apparently not for PSG and it was too late. The early days of Jesus are interesting. He is less pacey than Rodrigo but way more agile on the ball.

CPU Borja Mayoral completely split my defense with his body feint.

and in the same game a scrappy goal

In the next game I lost 2-1 at home against Barca in a game I could have won. Sterling (sold for 125M by City) scored the winner with a nice curled shot from outside the box around the 80+ min. I was so pissed of I didn't record it. Barca are two points behind now. Not sure this over crowded February agenda will end well. Next game is against Atletico in two days, then OL in the CL round of 16 in 5 days.

Last edited:
Hadn't posted any video's for a while so thought i'd share a couple of highlights as well as my most recent episode, The Quarter Finals of my Euro 2016. I'll get the Semi Finals up on Wednesday with the Goal of the Tournament competition in it and the final on Sunday.

Xherdan Shaqiri displays ungentlemanly conduct against Romania in their second group stage encounter!

Tătăruşanu pulls out the save of a lifetime to deny the Prince of Wales, Bale!

It seemed like everything was on Frances side against Turkey in order to get them back into the game, Including Gravity - Which was clearly looking over captain Hugo Lloris!

We are down to the last 8! Featuring The World Champions Germany's rematch with neighbours Poland, A battle of the dark horses between Wales and Sweden and England taking on the hosts France in Paris!

@MafiaMurderBag I really like the the speed of the ball and player movement. Do you use any specific sliders? Sry for offtop!
No problem, I'm using these slider settings from the FIFA 16 Gameplay settings thread.

I toned down injury frequency to 20 because literally each teams best player was getting injured every match and for some reason they was always out for a default of 8 weeks which was ruled them out of the rest of the tournament, Every damn time which was bullshit. I also tweaked shot speed up to 53 to give shots a little more ping because they get nerfed and all your shots get a bit dull & soft on legendary difficulty, But those are my personal preferences.

At the end of the day, Sliders will always be subjective and in my opinion come down to ones personal interpretation of the way a game should play and feel. I suggest using these and the game settings as a base and adjust yourself how you see fit.

This is a bit of a nothing clip, but it shows how the ball is its own entity. This is assisted passing. On PES or FIFA now, there's no way that ball just sits up behind Bellerin. It would be perfectly in his path 100% of the time. Just a little example, but it’s just one more thing missing from the newer games.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom