FIFA 16 Videos & Pictures

and here we go... another fixture from full manual vanilla land:

enjoy!

btw: this was my first ever free kick i directly scored, since i started playing FIFA16 again (end of last year)! pure happiness that moment! :LOVE:

Yes it works perfectly!

Thank you Pap! I tried it a few minutes, and it works like charms!

It's so really fun to play with this db. I remember playing one old version of FIP that was based in FIFA'S 18/19/20, and it wasn't good because players were too slow (affected by the stats of the original 18/19/20 game).
In this case it seems that FIFA 21 has good stats and they work really well in 16.

Ive played fifa 16 mods a lot over the years but damn its really starting to show its age grapically especially when compared to pes, also those tight kits look horrid imo
Each to his own, but I think graphically the game hold up quite well (in some ways at least). There are areas where it falls short for sure, but the graphical style of 16 is designed more with realism in mind vs FIFA 21 for example. I find FIFA from 19 onwards very 'cartoony' in its style.

There are areas where it falls short for sure, but the graphical style of 16 is designed more with realism in mind vs FIFA 21 for example. I find FIFA from 19 onwards very 'cartoony' in its style.
You keep on saying that, but it's just not true. The Ignite Engine looked way more cartoony than the Frostbite Engine, and the Frostbite Engine fundamentally didn't change between FIFA 17 and FIFA 21.

You keep on saying that, but it's just not true. The Ignite Engine looked way more cartoony than the Frostbite Engine, and the Frostbite Engine fundamentally didn't change between FIFA 17 and FIFA 21.
I agree with this, I think from FIFA 19 onward it actually got better looking due to the improved lighting. FIFA 17 and 18 had a strange yellow tint on a lot of pitches

I agree with this, I think from FIFA 19 onward it actually got better looking due to the improved lighting. FIFA 17 and 18 had a strange yellow tint on a lot of pitches

Haha, as I said - each to his own. With mods (imported faces, camera and lighting mod mainly) I personally think 16 looks less cartoony and more realistic in its style. It's just my opinion, I don't mind if you don't agree. Saying 'it's just not true' doesn't make your opinion more of a fact than mine.

For me, the colour palette and the textures in the pitch itself is a big part of it - and I think it has dropped in quality in recent FIFA titles. I also agree the Frostbite engine hasn't fundamentally changed, but there are still differences. I'm not talking about every aspect of graphics -of course more recent titles has its advantages, I just mean overall looking at the game as a I play it.

Here is 16,17,18, 19, 21 compared all on the same conditions, same time of year. For me, 16 looks more realistic and 17 is next. I do agree there is a slight yellow tint on 17 that could be improved, I might look at that in a lighting mod, but it still looks less cartoony than 19 and 21 in my opinion.

FIFA 16:
FIFA 16 Screenshot 2021.05.02 - 13.04.49.09.jpg

FIFA 17:
FIFA 17 Screenshot 2021.05.02 - 12.49.35.61.jpg

FIFA 18:
FIFA 18 Screenshot 2021.05.03 - 18.01.02.04.jpg

FIFA 19:
FIFA 19 Screenshot 2021.05.02 - 12.45.02.33.jpg

FIFA 21:
FIFA 21 Screenshot 2021.05.02 - 13.03.39.18.jpg

Last edited:
Haha, as I said - each to his own. With mods (imported faces, camera and lighting mod mainly) I personally think 16 looks less cartoony and more realistic in its style. It's just my opinion, I don't mind if you don't agree. Saying 'it's just not true' doesn't make your opinion more of a fact than mine.

For me, the colour palette and the textures in the pitch itself is a big part of it - and I think it has dropped in quality in recent FIFA titles. I also agree the Frostbite engine hasn't fundamentally changed, but there are still differences. I'm not talking about every aspect of graphics -of course more recent titles has its advantages, I just mean overall looking at the game as a I play it.

Here is 16,17,19, 21 compared all on the same conditions, same time of year. For me, 16 looks more realistic and 17 is next. I do agree there is a slight yellow tint on 17 that could be improved, I might look at that in a lighting mod, but it still looks less cartoony than 19 and 21 in my opinion.

FIFA 16:
View attachment 97438

FIFA 17:
View attachment 97439

FIFA 19:
View attachment 97442

FIFA 21:
View attachment 97440

I agree with you. The turf in FIFA 16 is ten times ahead than newer FIFAs. Imho is the best turf I have seen in a football game.
I'm still impressed about the fact that you can see each plant of the grass, boot-steps marks, etc

And the game in general, it isn't outdated at all.

After going from 16 to 18, I think 18 was the peak of the Frostbite Engine, It's got a good balance between realistically proportioned players, Face models look great, shaders look excellent and there's not too much of the wax/shiny faces we got in 17.

The major complaint I have about 18's visuals is the pitch as a yellow/brown hue to it which always makes me question what kind of settings the turf artists watched their games for research purposes in.

I haven't got FIFA 20 installed and havent't tried FIFA 21 yet, but I think it has some cool graphics too. Specially with the regionalization seetings that turns the palette a litle blue. But I hate its gameplay, it's too scripted in my opinion and I don't feel the freedom I feel with FIFA 16 or PES 6.

FIFA-20-20.jpg

I haven't got FIFA 20 installed and havent't tried FIFA 21 yet, but I think it has some cool graphics too. Specially with the regionalization seetings that turns the palette a litle blue. But I hate its gameplay, it's too scripted in my opinion and I don't feel the freedom I feel with FIFA 16 or PES 6.

FIFA-20-20.jpg
Yeah I prefer 20's colour palette to 21's. With a turf and camera mod it can still look quite good. It's such a shame that the first time we got access to proper gameplay files to mod, it coincided with EA's implementation of the 1v1 feature which killed the game.

Yeah I prefer 20's colour palette to 21's. With a turf and camera mod it can still look quite good. It's such a shame that the first time we got access to proper gameplay files to mod, it coincided with EA's implementation of the 1v1 feature which killed the game.
Yeah I think Chuny explain a couple of years ago that EA started using different colour palettes for different competitions around this time which is why the UCL have a blue hue to them.

Yeah I think Chuny explain a couple of years ago that EA started using different colour palettes for different competitions around this time which is why the UCL have a blue hue to them.

Correct. UCL matches are played with a blue-tint effect and regular matches with a yellow-tint effect applied.
It's possible to force the UCL filter to all matches using the cl.ini file

Back
Top Bottom