FIFA 17 - Career Mode

WEtongelre

Champions League
17 February 2006
Eindhoven
Galatasaray
I currently started a career mode with West Ham United. Bought some young talented players such as Bruma, Tah, Grimaldo and Tete. I prefer to play with aggressive cm's like Felipe Melo, so I bought him straight away. So far so good. We can use this thread to give some hints about players to buy or other helpful information.

Last edited:
I'll probably wait until some essential career mods are released (hopefully):
-lowered stamina regeneration between matches so you have to rotate players (formerly cmsettings.ini)
-removed fog of war (formerly gtndatareveal.csv)
-MAX_TRAINING_INJURIES_PER_MONTH increased (formerly trainingevents.ini)
-MAX_DAYS_TO_RESPOND=1 for transfer inquiry (formerly transfers.ini)
etc.

I have spent 2 hours trying to remove "fog of war" (hidden stats of players) from career mode but no luck so far. I have tried editing locale.ini, initfs_Win32...
GTN is ridiculous; my scouts do not know anything about players like coquelin, bellerin, berahino :DOH::TD:

Yeah gonna be a real struggle to get the motivation to do career mode without that removed, finished the journey so now started player career for the first time :)

Yeah, you do. That's not ideal but still not too difficult. You can post in the subreddit topic which I linked, someone could make a SWFC one for you and from there, it's a bit easier, I think.

Well right now I'm not doing a regular career, just a player career so not something I'd look to use, but maybe in the future when I do a manager career :)

Finished my 1st season with ACM. Ready for the 2nd. So far, so good.
50BCLI4.png

Every week but only gold (DIV, REF, POS), didn't do silver (HAN, KIC). I saw on Twitter that he can be over 90 after just one season and 98 after two. Magnificent potential. Besides that he's saving every shot, even the hardest ones. Definitely best GK in the game.

Every week but only gold (DIV, REF, POS), didn't do silver (HAN, KIC). I saw on Twitter that he can be over 90 after just one season and 98 after two. Magnificent potential. Besides that he's saving every shot, even the hardest ones. Definitely best GK in the game.

I bought him on my Arsenal career as a reserve for Cech so after a year or two he might become good and replace Cech.

However I never knew that actually doing the training every week player stats grow so much.. Thanks to your screenshots I will make sure I do them now every week and actually be bothered to do them.

EA should fix the "manager popularity rating" bug; I am playing as Koeman (Everton) and current rating is 80. If I load the same save multiple times it randomly becomes 75 or 80.

Also, after 26 matches played, first in EPL is... Crystal palace?!

Why regens doesn't have real faces? For example John Terry retired after second season in my career mode and when I've found him and have played him it didn't looked like him. The same about other players. It's annoying :/. Or maybe I found the wrong player... It's kind of weird because I've got used to PES way. Retired player comes back all the same. I am new to Fifa so... Sorry if I've used the wrong thread.

It's the right thread don't worry, Fifa has never handled regens in the same way as PES, in fact I'm not 100% sure retired players do regen, what made you think it's John Terry?

It's the right thread don't worry, Fifa has never handled regens in the same way as PES, in fact I'm not 100% sure retired players do regen, what made you think it's John Terry?

When Terry retired I wanted to know what will happen next (as I said, I'm new to FIFA and in PES they've been always coming back in the January transfer window), so I've read some info about it and people wrote they come back as regens and they will have the same nationality and position and if he retired in Chelsea (he did), then I would have to look for him in Premier League, so I did it and there was like one player that has matched all the stuff above and he was showing big potential and didn't had an awful overall rating, so I thought it must be him. But it doesn't look like him, so that's why I wanted to know if regens have real faces or not because it made me unsure.

I'd never really thought much about regens in the past, searching the EA forums I found this:

http://fifaforums.easports.com/en/discussion/comment/3573972#Comment_3434036

Alastair;3434036 said:
Regens
Regens are regenerated players. They are similar to old players who have retired. They normally appear the season after the original player retired at the clubs in the same league as the old player was when they retired. They have the same nationality and often position as the retired player.

I'd never really thought much about regens in the past, searching the EA forums I found this:

http://fifaforums.easports.com/en/discussion/comment/3573972#Comment_3434036

This is what keeps long saves in FM fresh and what keeps me from playing more than 3 seasons in FIFA's CM mode.

I just finished a 16 season save with Real Oviedo in FM, where I got a youth prospect 3 years into the save, whom I was able to keep because he was a supporter of the club and stuck it through tough times. Became a club legend after he captained Oviedo to their first La Liga title in his 10th year. (Yes, it took me 13 seasons to win a league title, I suck at FM, but I got 4 Copa del reys and one Europa league title).

The depth is non-existant in FIFA.

FIFA really drop the ball with cm, they could be doing so much.

started carrer mode with west ham on legendary i bought laporte,rashford,ramsey and donnarumma
and i won premier league,efl cup(capital cup) and lost in final in fa cup vs arsenal 1-2

started manager mode with LFC obviously :) sold Can to Chelsea for 30 mil and bought Alaba to first team LB position, but the guy is so good, i started playing him in midfield with Henderson and Wijnaldum, gave him n. 8, he is boss... kept Balotelli and he is better than Sturridge so he is starting atm :) Mane sits on bench as Firmino is starting with Coutinho on wings.... enjoying FIFA17 a lot now.. i have to loan a bunch of young players and look for a top class keeper to buy for January transfer window or next summer.... oh and Alaba cost me 60 mil :D worth it.

Stupid game.

Just finished first season with Inter and won the double.

Last 2 hours of the August deadline day and all of a sudden Mauro Icardi is sold to City for megabucks. Swear I didn't sanction it, even by accident, so quit and did deadline day again. Again no bid and he's sold. Tried it again and he's again sold.

We are minted, winning every game, and he's my best player, I understand the board may get a ridiculous offer and choose to sell, but at the very least let me know, and not when it's too late to buy a replacement.

Reloaded, offered Atletico €20mil and Icardi for Griezmann immediately which was completed so not all bad.

That kinda stuff is the absolute shit, haven't experienced it myself but then I'm yet to play a regular career mode in 17! I know they put a bunch of stuff in where you have to meet certain targets pertaining to the team and finances etc, were you meeting all those?

My team right now:

Real Madrid (2022/2023)

Courtois (93), Alaba (91), Bailly (91), Varane (91), Aurier (89), Sanches (90), Pogba (93), J. Rodriguez (93), Neymar (93), Martial (90), Lukaku (90)

Bench:

Bruma (91), De Bruyne (91), A. Gomes (91), Bellerin (87), M. Gimenez (90), K. Iheanacho (89), Y. Tielemans (89), Coman (88), J. Cancelo (87), Casilla (78), V. Kovalenko (87), A. Sandro (87)

Back
Top Bottom