FIFA 17 News & Discussion Thread

I wish there wasn't a thing such as difficulty. Difficulty should be based purely on who you play with and who you play against. I have always hated having a difficulty. Difficulty should be based of player and team attributes, not something that is rigid and hardcoded. This is why PES and FIFA will never be a true sim for me. They both are Call Of Duty of Football genre. What we need is ARMA of football genre.

We don't need an Arma of a football game.. People will be duping players and spawning tanks in the middle of the pitch.

The difficulty is required though as some people on here like the way professional plays, whilst me for example hate Professional as it is too easy.
I think there does need to be much more down though as playing Plymouth in the FA Cup isnt much different to playing West Ham, except the West Ham players will shoot harder and score from their chances, but the game essentially plays the same.

Tried it yet again last night - I wish I hadn't got a digital copy because I keep going back to it, loving the stadiums more than anything else and then feeling gutted that I just don't like the gameplay.

I scored a long-range goal and it felt great, I have to say. In FIFA, I feel like you have to catch it right to score them, and it's mega-satisfying. But the flow of the game is just... Well, it doesn't flow. Passes (and occasionally shots) feel almost randomised in terms of power, and moves break down because of it, without you doing anything wrong.
Same here mate,love the look of it,and really wanted to like this game,haven't bought it though.
Got a trial version around Xmas to really try it it out,used the OS sliders.
Can't put my finger on it,but it's not good,it's missing something.
I think it's the worst game in a very long time.
Popped in my 16 straight afterwards,and it was such a joy to play.
Like I said cant put my finger on it,but it's just off.
EA really needs to step up to provide something else than just a stunning looking FUT machine
Really disappointed with it,and glad that I didn't bought it,sticking with my 16

Same here mate,love the look of it,and really wanted to like this game,haven't bought it though.
Got a trial version around Xmas to really try it it out,used the OS sliders.
Can't put my finger on it,but it's not good,it's missing something.
I think it's the worst game in a very long time.
Popped in my 16 straight afterwards,and it was such a joy to play.
Like I said cant put my finger on it,but it's just off.
EA really needs to step up to provide something else than just a stunning looking FUT machine
Really disappointed with it,and glad that I didn't bought it,sticking with my 16

FIFA 16 is a beauty to play especially if you use the FIFA 16 Demo.exe on the full version game along with this gameplay patch. http://www.soccergaming.com/showthread.php?t=194358

FIFA 16 Demo.exe makes the full version game feel more free and enable custom tactics again which makes every team play differently. Teams like Stoke City playing long balls whereas teams like Arsenal and Barcelona playing posession tiki-taka and teams like Chelsea and Real Madrid plays quick counter. It's a joy.

And when you combine it with that gameplay patch, it balances out all the momentum scripting shit that EA does and improves dribbling so that you can only dribble with players that actually knows how to dribble. I also noticed AI player with a good long shot attempting more long shots and players with good long pass passing from the back. Also the midfield battle is so pronounced and defending is actually tactical than just randomly smashing the buttons. You gotta position your defense right.

IMO, FIFA 16 with FIFA 16 Demo.exe and that gameplay patch is the best FIFA to date. Thank god I found this trick on reddit. I can't stop playing FIFA.

What's the update for today, anyone know?
Addressed the following in FIFA Ultimate team:
  • Displaying correct kit on the player in the kit select screen.
  • Players will no longer be able to set custom player positions in Team Management during gameplay.
  • An issue in Squad Building Challenges where switching a higher rated player with a lower rated player resulted in the overall squad rating going up.
  • Removed Est. Date, Crest and Squad Name from the FUT Champions matchup screen.
  • Changed the latency bar graphic to give more detail on connection quality.

Addressed the following in Career Mode:
  • An issue where the current weekly wages from the budget tab do not properly reflect the actual weekly wages.

Visual / Presentation changes:
  • Improved camera selection for slow motion goal replays.
  • Addressed EATV buffering.
  • Addressed audio balance of French commentators.
  • Gameplay commentator language for The Journey now defaults to language selected in Game Settings.

Addressed the following in gameplay:
  • Adjusted the defensive line position for low pressure tactics.
  • Addressed an issue where a pass was made without a button press.

FIFA 16 is a beauty to play especially if you use the FIFA 16 Demo.exe on the full version game along with this gameplay patch. http://www.soccergaming.com/showthread.php?t=194358

FIFA 16 Demo.exe makes the full version game feel more free and enable custom tactics again which makes every team play differently. Teams like Stoke City playing long balls whereas teams like Arsenal and Barcelona playing posession tiki-taka and teams like Chelsea and Real Madrid plays quick counter. It's a joy.

And when you combine it with that gameplay patch, it balances out all the momentum scripting shit that EA does and improves dribbling so that you can only dribble with players that actually knows how to dribble. I also noticed AI player with a good long shot attempting more long shots and players with good long pass passing from the back. Also the midfield battle is so pronounced and defending is actually tactical than just randomly smashing the buttons. You gotta position your defense right.

IMO, FIFA 16 with FIFA 16 Demo.exe and that gameplay patch is the best FIFA to date. Thank god I found this trick on reddit. I can't stop playing FIFA.

I agree.
I can't really understand why ModdingWay decided to revive FIFA 14 (given the current state in FIFA's modding community regarding FIFA 17) instead of keep on improving and trying to expand and discover new things for FIFA 16.

I guess that's for PC?
I'm on Xbox,to bad sounds like a great game with that installed

In FIFA 16, can a league or cup tournament be played offline like in PES? I don't do online or become a legend, FUT crap. I just want to play the Premier League against the AI. Is this possible? Fifa 14 didn't allow this...

In FIFA 16, can a league or cup tournament be played offline like in PES? I don't do online or become a legend, FUT crap. I just want to play the Premier League against the AI. Is this possible? Fifa 14 didn't allow this...

Yes you can play a league and cup tournament offline. I had been doing that recently since my gameplay patch and the .exe patch stops me from playing online anyway.

Had a few more games last night, to see if the update had changed the gameplay significantly. Didn't notice any changes really (the opposition might have stood off a little more, but that may be placebo).

It's such a weird game - AI players vibrate, rotate 90 degrees back and forth as they move (sometimes 360+ degrees), they hit the ball in fast-forward and then slow-motion... It reminds me of that kids' American football game that just vibrates/rotates players around!

The AI scored two goals against me last night - the first one was the standard "keeper parries to an unmarked striker", and the second was a bicycle kick from a corner where the ball travelled so fast (with the game set to "slow" and shot speed at 50), the ball had hit the net before the player landed. Literally like someone had sat on a remote's "fast forward" button, but exclusively for the ball.

It felt like the game "needed" the AI to score, so it just broke the rules to make sure they did. A lot of the goals I concede feel that way, they just seem fake.

They said before release that the move to Frostbite had been in the works for a few years - which makes me think it might take longer than another year for the game to become less "weird" feeling...

But I scored a couple of goals I loved - I managed to get a one-on-one and break their defensive line with a through-ball (which I've never managed before really) which resulted in a cool finish, and a good header from a cross right into the corner.

I feel like it's really close to being the best football game ever - but further away than last year's game was, thanks to Frostbite.

Last edited:
I feel like it's really close to being the best football game ever - but further away than last year's game was, thanks to Frostbite.

Oh man! You've just put in words what I've been feeling since release date.

LOL, sometimes I go round and round trying to explain (to myself and to others) what I think of this game, going on and on, writing long sentences (like I'm doing right now) and you've just expressed it perfectly with such a small sentence.

Although I think PES 2017 might have pushed EA into the corner, and that might be for the best. They were sitting too comfy for so many years and now they will have to speed-burst a little bit because otherwise PES will slowly start to regain lost terrain much quicker. EA have the tools and resources to get 'there' a lot faster than Konami. It's just a matter of making the right calls, and get out of that comfortable zone they were.

I still don't know why they changed their gameplay base so much from FIFA 16 instead of just improving FIFA 16's gameplay in a positive way. Ugggh. FIFA goes one step forward and two steps backward like always.

I still don't know why they changed their gameplay base so much from FIFA 16 instead of just improving FIFA 16's gameplay in a positive way.
Because of the switch to Frostbite. Simple as that - they've shoehorned the gameplay in as much as they can but it was always going to mean some gameplay code would be different.

I trust that EA takes the time to analyze their moves carefully. I guess they decided to make the jump to Frostbite because they knew the game will be miles ahead of its competitor in a year or two, though the curve is steep. I mean, they don't seem to be a company that would just rush into doing these things.

How do you get the FIFA 16 demo exe to run with the full game?

I read a post on reddit and how people said the demo has a much better gameplay than the full version so someone came up with the idea to use the demo exe on the full version. It's a lot of copy/pasting from your full version game to your demo version of the game but it's really worth it as it makes the gameplay much more better.

I read a post on reddit and how people said the demo has a much better gameplay than the full version so someone came up with the idea to use the demo exe on the full version. It's a lot of copy/pasting from your full version game to your demo version of the game but it's really worth it as it makes the gameplay much more better.

Have you got a link for the instructions? Id like to give this a try.

I'm also interested. FIFA 16 is the best football game ever with we9le imo. The tactics was almost my only complaint. If you're right, then it's really great !

By the way, do you use any sliders with this demo gameplay ?

I'm also interested. FIFA 16 is the best football game ever with we9le imo. The tactics was almost my only complaint. If you're right, then it's really great !

By the way, do you use any sliders with this demo gameplay ?

Never played WE9LE but I agree, FIFA16 is the best football game since the PS2 PES days.

I can't find it but I remember some guy talking about it on the FIFA reddit. You had to copy your full version files to your demo version and things like that and then make sure you launch FIFA 16 Demo and not your full version from Origin.

has anyone seen this video thread on EA forums? I bought FIFA 17 digitally which was silly of me as i think this year after 8 decent years is awful but the replay in the link below shows how awful it really is. Think your good at FIFA and its all your own work - if this video isn't fake then think again i'm afraid.

https://fifaforums.easports.com/en/discussion/237786/the-ball-has-its-own-a-i-video
Funnily enough, the same guy posted a PES video with exactly the same behaviour further down in the thread.

Funnily enough, the same guy posted a PES video with exactly the same behaviour further down in the thread.
I noticed that, but it's a little different - the PES one (from an older game) is two headers being represented by these invisible walls, which looks crap, and leads to a goal I'd be furious to concede, but you can see what it's attempting to do (very badly) - off one player's head onto the other.

The FIFA one, as someone said underneath the post, is the ball rebounding off the keeper's hand and then shooting off like a metal ball to a magnet so that it reaches the opponent. It's a one-off but it's pretty damning.

I don't think we'd have seen that pre-Frostbite. There are weird animations every single game - you see people kicking the ball through their own legs. Even I uploaded a video of the AI scoring a Star Wars use-the-force-style header through my player's chest just last week!

Really interesting read:

I'd like to help everyone to get a better understanding about Football games. This has been posted in the PES forum in 2015. It is too well summed up to be forgotten.

"The " scripting part" actually was pre-programmed in every aspects of a sport football game mechanics. It is in every fiber of the game at any given minute of the game.

The ball physics, collision, trajectory, player momentum does not only follow the rule of real world physics as a simulation as advertised. That rule can be changed almost always to obey another ultimate law of the sport football game:

The Ultimate Rule Of Handicapping And Sabotaging The Player:

Handicap and disadvantage the players so that he always has to be on his toes and bust a gut to a masochistic level. The game designers and programmers seemingly find pleasure in frustrating the player in the most extreme way as possible if they can get away with it.

The Ball Physics And Collision:

In football video game the ball often has its own AI programmed to play favorite the whole match either in impossibly STUBBORNLY REPEATEDLY bouncing back to an opponent feet regardless of player skill of tackling or persistently magnetized to an invincible god-like opponent feet.

The ball physics and behavior is also synchronized with opponent position to dispossess the player or to take control away from him. Your first touch suddenly becomes impossibly bad for no reason at all (even after receive a well-placed and soft pass) which resulted in the ball drifting impossibly away from You or bouncing uncontrollably whenever there was a convenient opponent nearby.

There is a universal law of ball behavior in sport football games: drifting ball, deflected ball. bounced off ball, loosed ball will always be directed to/locked onto opponent running path.

In long passes or crosses, the ball rolling/flying speed will suddenly slow down or speed up in perfect timing to be intercepted by your opponent regardless of your timing, strength of pass and intention, your passing/intercepting skill does not factor. Ball trajectory and velocity is modified by the game engine to meet a chosen player foot or head rather than law of physics.

The AI Team mate:

The sport football game is often a constant playing back of hardwired micro-events built on multiple cheating algorithms to choreograph the positioning, speed and behavior of all players, including your team mates to HANDICAP your skill and SABOTAGE your effort.

There is a perfect invisible and dynamic grid in which the ball and your opponent are mutually locked into each other and choreograph to meet each other at all time, while You were trying to run between them in vain like a headless chicken on a unicycle (due to excessive unrealistic player running momentum, a faked difficulty) on a pre-determined rail (the game always steers your controlled player into absurdly unstoppable paths to ensure a loss of possession, upon receiving the ball, your team mate either refuse to run, run away from the ball or even worse automatically steered unstoppably into the nearest opponent and give the ball to him).

The sport game designers also decided that the player input is severely interfered with to his disadvantage. Player never has real control to his avatars in the game. They are programmed to disobeyed the controls at critical moments. You find yourself constantly and frustratingly wrestling and fighting with your own controller at all time to regain the control.

One of the most important qualities and skills in soccer game is to predict and evade a certain event on the pitch. Even when you predict a certain event is gonna happen, the game prevents you from doing evasive maneuver to avoid it.

There is always delay, dazed, running away from the ball after a tackle. The cursor switched suddenly to another player at the most crucial moment for no apparent reason when it needs to focus on your controlled player the most. Upon receiving a pass, your team mate automatically turns and runs straight into the path of the opponent to be dispossess and You could not stop it.

Pre-determined lock-in mechanics event, in which player has no input in anything:

Your player always keep being delayed by being obstructed by the body of a falling opponent after your successful timing tackle. This is a pre-programmed pattern, not a random event.

After a successful tackle, instead of continuing running towards the loose ball, your player is dazed, confused, the cursor suddenly taken off him or he mysteriously runs away from the ball.

There is always a perceivable pre-programmed distance between your defenders and the opponent strikers with perfect timing so as he can always have plenty of time to evade your tackling as you approached him.

Your players formation is also deliberately pre-programmed to open up for attacks if a goal is needed. Your striker team mates always run into either a least favorite or off-site position, mostly constantly hiding himself behind opponent defenders. This is also a featured handicapping design to limit your chance on goals.

In some impossible and desperate moments, the sliding tackle will be your last resort, but even that effective tackle is also rigged and dubiously interpreted as a foul by an absurd refereeing system (especially the artificial off-side routine forcing on your team mate who deliberately programmed to run offside each and every time).

For a sabotaged consumer/player, there is no sport fairness in sport football games:

The sport football games are full of such annoying unjustifiable locked-in micro-events at every single second of the match, it is so easy to see the pattern of scripting and handicapping after You play a few matches.

In fact, the sport football games are nothing but a series of choreographed animations to create a hallucination that You are in control, but the outcome will never change. Everything is programmed against you in the cheapest manner as possible.

There is little joy and satisfaction to play the sport football games. They are nothing but a permanent annoying chores of user wrestling for an elusive and illusory control, burdened by constant frustrating and infuriating moments of "manufactured" stuff-up by your players or "pre-programmed" inconsistent and biased behaviour of the ball physics and players collisions. It has little or nothing to do with skill, it is just a series of preparing for a next handicapping event to happen to You by the machine.

Not FIFA 17 related but I did something extremely stupid.

I've been collecting all the tournament games stretching from World Cup '98 until 2014.

I read Euro 2012 was simply an add-on pack to FIFA 12 so I bought it for a couple of quid brand new and proceeded to click on the Euro 2012 section of the menu only to find it's been completely removed from the PS Store.

Has anyone still got it on their PS3? I know it was paid so I'd gladly Paypal you some money if you can upload the game data somehow?

Same goes for the last update for PES 2014 giving access to the World Club Challenge mode. Again I know that was paid DLC too so the same applies to anyone that has it.

Could you post the link to that trick?

Back
Top Bottom