FIFA 17 News & Discussion Thread

Re: FIFA 17 News Thread.

Not so excited tbh after the game we have at the moment. FIFA 16 and also 17 could be so much more. I doubt they go for the old PES feeling once again since the fanbase dont like that.

yeah im concerned that EA will go backwards to try get back the fans they lost to PES, if they do that we will never get the game we want cos of these causal fans, the opportunity is there to make fifa 17 the best football game ever made, have to wait and see..

but if they do that and Konami realizes that, maybe PES will be old PES once again. i just hope we dont have two "FIFA"s in the future

Yet another thread immediately derailed & wandering all over the place,if someone opens a topic please stick to it.

There's a possibility for Fifa 17 to be cross platform. If that's really true- it would be great then. But then again, EA might make modding for the PC version harder in order to stop online cheating [EA logic].

The things I would like to see in FIFA this year is:-

Obviously the main thing is teams play differently, every game on FIFA especially on World Class is the same game over and over, but apart from this it is just little gameplay tweaks here and there.

But things which would improve the game for me (Career Mode):-
1. Players can play in multiple positions - The beauty of managing a team on Football Manager is having a squad of players who can play multiple positions for instance when I play FM, I try to sign players for instance if I need a sub Left Back I will sign a player who can play CB/LB and the same for the right back so RB/CB this allows me to have players who can cover multiple positions if injuries happen.
I don't think EA will ever add this but would make managing a squad alot easier rather than having to have a squad of 25+ players, when the reality of FIFA is you only need about 15-16 as the game has no Fatigue system.

2. Correct competition rules, if FM can do it without issue for 90+ leagues I don't know why FIFA can't get it right for about 15.

3. Allow stadium expansion when being a lower league club, or at least a Board Request system similar to FM to allow an increase in Stadium size.
It is annoying being Exeter in the Champions League and playing my games at Town Park - I know Exeter are a small club but I think if they ever got to the Champions League they would be playing at a stadium like Forest Park.

4. I don't know if EA would implement this but again in Career mode a change of pitch condition in the lower leagues, so that you play on a cabbage patch through the winter months where the ball bounces around on rabbit holes and grass on the pitch doesn't exist due to cold weather and moles. This wouldn't effect the top end of the game but would make it more realistic for sure in the lower leagues where the playing services are just shit.

Obviously the main thing is teams play differently, every game on FIFA especially on World Class is the same game over and over, but apart from this it is just little gameplay tweaks here and there.
I agree, greater variety would be welcomed big time.
In my opinion FIFA 14 was ahead of FIFA 16 in this very area.

Players can play in multiple positions
I thought they already could (well, at least this is what the SoFIFA DB says about it), am I wrong?

Correct competition rules, if FM can do it without issue for 90+ leagues I don't know why FIFA can't get it right for about 15.
Again, I agree. There are competitions happening in different time spans (for example the ones starting in MArch and ending in November) and for example Serie B in FIFa 16 still didn't have playoffs.
This should be addressed.

Allow stadium expansion when being a lower league club, or at least a Board Request system similar to FM to allow an increase in Stadium size
It would be a little difficult to handle in my opinion to have this option, but I agree that a CL semifinal played in a stadium with 2K seats doesn't make much sense.
I wish they could allow us to "move" to a bigger stadium over time as the club grows in prestige and number of fans though (it would already be a step in the right direction).

I don't know if EA would implement this but again in Career mode a change of pitch condition in the lower leagues, so that you play on a cabbage patch through the winter months where the ball bounces around on rabbit holes and grass on the pitch doesn't exist due to cold weather and moles.
That's another good idea which will add to the realism. League 2 pitches should by no means be "perfect" during winter for example.

I would like them to bring back the bouncy cloth physics for the shirt that was in fifa 14 Ng.

But most importantly, I want them to make the player movement responsiveness like that of Fifa 12. Dribbling in Fifa 12 was best- fun over realism. And players moving after 1 sec even without sprinting feels nothing more than a input lag. God Fifa 14 responsiveness was too awful to even play.

Last edited:
By the looks of things, they're gonna release a teaser days before their Play event.

Probably fake but,

Cjb_3q9VAAIqlU0.jpg

Last edited:
A request of update of some stadiums especially the etihad stadium which hasnt been updated since fifa 14, look at how closer are the goals nets now to the first raw btw the above pic and the bottom one , they updated the seats to be closer in 2014 this needs to be addressed in fifa 17.
2cgbw2r.png

n2fi4n.png

I just hope EA Upgrade the engine. Thats all, i just get too unhappy when i talk too much at FIFA :LOL:

I love to see EA come out at least with full 3D shirts!

Individuality, tactics and other little things would make a world of difference. Sadly they are too concerned with creating gimmick words for worthless features that rarely excite us. 16 had proper footplanting, inertia and the movement was better than its predecessors, 14 was great too. This year would tell us where they are taking the series. If they improve upon this, prioritizing the fundamentals and core of the beautiful game, I'll be a happy man.

Apparently we will get full body scans for the Premier League in FIFA 17.

f2621cf0b0.png

Furthermore that picture was taken down several times due to copyright. Maybe those are the FIFA 17 ambassadors. Could still be fake.

f2621c049c.jpg

btw sitting full body scans? o.O
Well, "full upper body" :D We will see, maybe Moore was just shirtless at the face scan.

Will FIFA 17 Run on EA's Frostbite Engine?
The news comes courtesy of Gameinformer who've had "multiple sources" confirm to them that FIFA 17 will indeed be the first EA SPORTS franchise to utilise EA's flagship Frostbite engine which powers Battlefield among other titles.

Now, I'm sure some of you will remember that along with the last wave of next-gen consoles FIFA 14 at the time, moved on to EA's newly dubbed Ignite Engine, which offered up a fairly welcome graphical boost. That was then followed by the PC version of FIFA 15 which also ran on Ignite. However, since then the strategy at EA has shifted and now their focus is to get all of their titles on to one ecosystem.

What does all that mean? Well it could mean a totally new visual style for FIFA 17 and perhaps a departure from the "plastic" look FIFA's player models have been criticised for in the past.

We'll all be able to see exactly what EA's has planned for FIFA 17 at EA Play in just 11 days time.

If that's indeed true, then Frostbite will probably be just for PS4 and XBOX ONE. And we'll get it on PC for FIFA 18. They always do it like that.

Back
Top Bottom