FIFA 17 News & Discussion Thread

is it really true they messed up the shooting -keepers balance? almost every goal is a rebound or header bc the keeper saves everything so you have to exploit with these to options?

anyone please show me how to fix the error that I can't change Undershirt for players in Setting ? I changed, saved it and when I came back it back to default by itself. :(

I downloaded 2017 for the PS3 off the PS Store for $20. Hard to play the game after having played the other footy game. It just doesn't feel right to me might just be a matter of taste though I guess.

I dont know when EA put 70% off on new fifa,i never saw for fifa 14,15 and 16 just after 5 months 70%,someone say its bad,but you will never get chance to get it for 20E(uros) even on cdkey/g2a and other sites is 29-35

Is it just me or has the latest patch just made the game a lot more difficult?

Just feels tighter and the AI more aggressive and responsive.
I played as Middlesbrough last night against Liverpool, Legendary difficulty. Standard teams, no transfers that made it closer in terms of quality or anything. I won 2-0, with Liverpool having ZERO shots. Eight minute halves...

I find World Class is more difficult, but still not difficult enough to stop Middlesbrough being 4th after 20 games in my first season.

So I disagree completely...

is it me or does this game feel just empty? like knocking the ball around just feels so empty and meh. Its like i know the deadcert ways to score but i want to play football and i just dont feel this years game allows me to do that.

I like the finishing, and all the tricks but the passing is just so empty.

Also the crowds... do they even kick in?

the only mode i like is clubs.

Also the crowds... do they even kick in?

In career mode they certainly do, they react fairly well these days, even telling certain of my players to shoot when they're just outside the box and unmarked!

I'm in a fortunate position whereby because I've barely played Fifa in a year or two (with the exception of some of the story mode when 17 first came out) I'm playing the manager CM now in 17 for the first time and my skill level has diminished to the point I'm playing on pro/all manual and it's a good challenge, had a couple of brilliant matches in particular, league cup at home to Wolves (I was using all my second string players) they quickly went 2-0 up (their Portuguese winger in particular was extremely effective for them) I kept plugging away and eventually at the start of the second half managed to pull one back (Fletcher), then I equalised a few minutes later (Joao), the second half was a constant back and forth with both sides attacking, then in the 83 minute they had a corner, I won the ball on the corner and counter attacked and Fletcher tucked away what turned out to be the winner, had me shouting at the screen that one!

Then another game, league this time Sam Hutchinson popped up with a 94th minute winner bravely getting to a through ball before the keeper to slide home, enjoyed that one as well!

Bought this for my bro for xmas, tried it with him last night.

This game is unbalanced as hell:

- shooting: random, i dont even know anymore when and who and with whom to shoot
- shooting & keepers: copycat of PES with this every shot on target and with the keeper saving everything concpet
- passing: random - but at least you can fix it with sliders but it means no online baby
- defence: it was improved...by making all the players OP with tackling i mean wtf are these tackles from behind? its like a copycat of PES again
- set pieces are fun, journey looks fun, graphics...slight improvement

its like i can see why someone would like this its kind of a balanced game but still now the tweaks really stand out to make it balanced and so it feals like a Frankenstein monster. i wasnt having so much fun

does anyone still know how to make a fun footy?

Bought this for my bro for xmas, tried it with him last night.

This game is unbalanced as hell:

- shooting: random, i dont even know anymore when and who and with whom to shoot
- shooting & keepers: copycat of PES with this every shot on target and with the keeper saving everything concpet
- passing: random - but at least you can fix it with sliders but it means no online baby
- defence: it was improved...by making all the players OP with tackling i mean wtf are these tackles from behind? its like a copycat of PES again
- set pieces are fun, journey looks fun, graphics...slight improvement

its like i can see why someone would like this its kind of a balanced game but still now the tweaks really stand out to make it balanced and so it feals like a Frankenstein monster. i wasnt having so much fun

does anyone still know how to make a fun footy?

FIFA has a tendency to always release a crappy game after a good one. Just as you thought FIFA was taking the right step, they go back a step. For example, FIFA 14 was good and taking the right step, FIFA 15 was crap and arcadey, FIFA 16 was good and taking the right step, FIFA 17 was crap and arcadey. It's almost as if they are scared of their own damn fanbase. Almost reminds me of one of those students in high school who wants to have good grade on his class but gets scared of other students that are bullying him so he starts doing bad on the class.

It's £20 on PSN currently so I was considering giving it a go - perhaps thankfully all you lot have convinced me otherwise.

Guys does anyone have experience going from 1080p to 4k on ps4 pro? Does it really make the difference for the better on 4k tv? Can you see more of the pitch due to the higher resolution?

Guys does anyone have experience going from 1080p to 4k on ps4 pro? Does it really make the difference for the better on 4k tv? Can you see more of the pitch due to the higher resolution?

Graphics on the PRO even on a 1080P TV looks much better than it does on the normal PS4.

Back
Top Bottom