FIFA 17 News & Discussion Thread

Being at home has made me download all the old FIFAs again, and 17 was always my favourite. Have to say, I was a bit annoyed at the responsiveness of 17 today, so reinstalled 18 and was really pleasantly surprised when playing the World Cup mode. The AI was ridiculously deadly with their finishing, but. May have to give a World Cup a go.
I have done the same. From 16 all the way to 20. My favorite is 17 by a long mile. There are fouls, dribbling works, headers are not nerfed. Only con so far is the size of the ball but that can be overlooked. Why did I stop playing this and bought 18, 19 and 20 only to come back to it?
I'm on pc and I wish more modders supported it.

I have done the same. From 16 all the way to 20. My favorite is 17 by a long mile. There are fouls, dribbling works, headers are not nerfed. Only con so far is the size of the ball but that can be overlooked. Why did I stop playing this and bought 18, 19 and 20 only to come back to it?
I'm on pc and I wish more modders supported it.

Do you have any sliders to recommend? Cant quite get the AI to pose a threat without giving them a huge advantage

Do you have any sliders to recommend? Cant quite get the AI to pose a threat without giving them a huge advantage
I am using the latest from operation sports by Matt. I am playing on legendary because world class was a bit easy. You are right about the CPU needing to be more threatening. At least at my level, legendary poses a good challenge.

Hello anyone still playing this game? I found out that the locale.ini from Fifa 21 of paulv2k4 give me quite a refreshing gameplay. I don't know if it's a placebo effect though.

Hello anyone still playing this game? I found out that the locale.ini from Fifa 21 of paulv2k4 give me quite a refreshing gameplay. I don't know if it's a placebo effect though.

17 is a good game and probably the best of the frostbite era for me. I thought the locale didn't work here. lll give a try later

17 is a good game and probably the best of the frostbite era for me. I thought the locale didn't work here. lll give a try later
Oh, What would the locale.ini from a new game do to an older FIFA game? I didn't know this was a thing?

Oh, What would the locale.ini from a new game do to an older FIFA game? I didn't know this was a thing?

I could've sworn someone had said changing the locale in frostbite did nothing.... Which was unfortunate because it helped a lot with FIFA 16. However, curiously I'm having my usual FIFA retro week and found this:

https://evo-web.co.uk/threads/fifa-17-pc-discussion.76664/post-3265906

Only problem is my Frosty got messed up after a windows update and I saw a fix but I've been too lazy to get into that....

EDIT: OK I was confused, what the game doesn't read is the cl.ini file (what I used in FIFA16), I'll try locale.ini today see if I notice any changes.

I'd never played FIFA 17 before and I'm curious to give EA's first Frostbite outing a run. I found a cheap origin code on ebay....not realising it was the Russian version. Does anyone know if there's a way to change this to English somehow? Or are there particular files I might need?

I'd never played FIFA 17 before and I'm curious to give EA's first Frostbite outing a run. I found a cheap origin code on ebay....not realising it was the Russian version. Does anyone know if there's a way to change this to English somehow? Or are there particular files I might need?
Bro, try this: When you sign in at Origin - go to your Library - choose Fifa 17 - right click on the game - choose game Properties - than advanced Start settings - finally change the language to english - save - and the game should start in english now

If you don´t have the Option to change it this way via Origin tell me and there is another way, but a little bit "longer".
Anyway, I can recommend you to try Fifa 17. It´s not so crappy like Fifa 21 and the default Gameplay is much better than from the newer Fifa´s. Fifa 17 and 18 are the last 2 Fifa´s where you can do an really really cool finesse shot by double tapping the button you have choose for it. A.e. I use L2 for the finesse shot. It´s a kind other like the one in PES because he is flat not to high over the pitch by execute them in the box. It´s an real Striker shot. haha
If you want some actual rosters I can send to you if you want. IMS mod site provides for some older Frostbite games like 17, 18, 19 or 20 often updated Squads. Unfortunetly there are less mods out there for 17. Cause Frosty tool released close to Fifa 18 and nobody cares about Fifa 17 than. But hell ya there is a great Camera Tool out there you will love. It´s from Fidel Gameplay and also he provides a Gameplay tool mod if you are interested in one or both. Just google Fidel´s Fifa 17 Tools or give me a sign I can upload the files easily for you via PM. I have them on my HDD.

Bro, try this: When you sign in at Origin - go to your Library - choose Fifa 17 - right click on the game - choose game Properties - than advanced Start settings - finally change the language to english - save - and the game should start in english now
Thank-you man. I’m away from my PC for the next couple of days but I’ll give it a try when I’m back.

If you don´t have the Option to change it this way via Origin tell me and there is another way, but a little bit "longer".
Anyway, I can recommend you to try Fifa 17. It´s not so crappy like Fifa 21 and the default Gameplay is much better than from the newer Fifa´s. Fifa 17 and 18 are the last 2 Fifa´s where you can do an really really cool finesse shot by double tapping the button you have choose for it. A.e. I use L2 for the finesse shot. It´s a kind other like the one in PES because he is flat not to high over the pitch by execute them in the box. It´s an real Striker shot. haha
If you want some actual rosters I can send to you if you want. IMS mod site provides for some older Frostbite games like 17, 18, 19 or 20 often updated Squads. Unfortunetly there are less mods out there for 17. Cause Frosty tool released close to Fifa 18 and nobody cares about Fifa 17 than. But hell ya there is a great Camera Tool out there you will love. It´s from Fidel Gameplay and also he provides a Gameplay tool mod if you are interested in one or both. Just google Fidel´s Fifa 17 Tools or give me a sign I can upload the files easily for you via PM. I have them on my HDD.
Amazing, thanks for this! Looking forward to giving it a go with the mods etc.

I'm playing FIFA 17 with my custom gameplay and career mode patches and so far its the most complete experience except for two issues. Infinity patch doesnt work and I crash everytime I try to edit kit numbers.

Yes it´s really sad that there as good as zero Patches for the game. Like you mention the Infinity Patch is very buggy. A couple of month ago I started an little attempt to mod the game for my likings. Doing some tweaks with ini. Files etc. The good thing is we can add Textures from Fifa 18 as well. Faces, kits, balls, shoes, everything works well. But I lost motivation because it´s huge job to mod close to everything.
But if somebody are fine with default game there are Squad updates around the Web. And the gp is just awesome for an frostbite game. Best default gp without to mod it.

I'm playing FIFA 17 with my custom gameplay and career mode patches and so far its the most complete experience except for two issues. Infinity patch doesnt work and I crash everytime I try to edit kit numbers.
Are your mods available somewhere? How do you find 16 vs 17?

I never tried the Infinity Patch by myself but I heard from others it didn´t work. Some graphic mods with updated kits and Faces from IM Studio Website are nice additions but the game lacks from many generic Faces. Even many famous Players are having no real face, not to compare with Fifa 20 or 21. So I guess it´s just a GP thing to play the game. But that´s only my opinion. I like a game which is good moddable, where we can add Faces for more realizm.
Anyway, I come back often to Fifa 17 when I am in the mood for just a good gp with Frostbite Engine.

I never tried the Infinity Patch by myself but I heard from others it didn´t work. Some graphic mods with updated kits and Faces from IM Studio Website are nice additions but the game lacks from many generic Faces. Even many famous Players are having no real face, not to compare with Fifa 20 or 21. So I guess it´s just a GP thing to play the game. But that´s only my opinion. I like a game which is good moddable, where we can add Faces for more realizm.
Anyway, I come back often to Fifa 17 when I am in the mood for just a good gp with Frostbite Engine.

Do you crash when editing player kit numbers in career mode? I don't know how to fix it.

Yep. I cannot change kit numbers for new singings and they have random numbers which is annoying.
I agree it´s awful when the new Players can´t wear the Numbers I wanna gave them. But when I remember right, the last time I played the game is only a couple of weeks ago. But that the game crashs in Career mode when I edit kitnumbers I can´t remember. But otherwise I have random crashes when I choose some particular Teams for Career mode. Last time I used Leicester City, playing some Season games and when I faced Idk exactly maybe it was Newcastle the game crashes before I start the match.

Back
Top Bottom