FIFA 17 - PC Discussion

Kit importing has been figured out! Hopefully this bodes well for Fifa 18 editing starting much earlier!

Is the current tool only able to add textures? Or can it add head models too and edit the db?

So far it looks like texture only, but I'm not sure.

Is the current tool only able to add textures? Or can it add head models too and edit the db?

So far it looks like texture only, but I'm not sure.

It's very early days, I'm not sure what it can and can't do as I haven't been following its progress completely but it seems to be going well, to be honest for me one of the big things is simply player photos, nothing worse than signing players from the witness protection program.

That and fixing the debacle of Brazil/Chile, cheat manager has shown it can fix a lot of the other stuff that's important to me such as fog of war in career mode etc. etc.

I've won league last season in carrer mode, and after last game my players were not celabrating and all, there was no cup ceremony...Is it normal in Fifa ? There was no news or mails after the game, just one that my player was best goal scorrer. And then new season starts...Even in old PES editions i remember celebrating after last game.

I can't believe I am still enjoying FIFA 17 modded. I am on my 6th season so far and this was some nice contextual dribbling. As you all know, contextual dribbling is removed in FIFA 18 and you will have to press skill buttons to do it. In FIFA 17 with the gameplay mod, players with higher dribbling skills can automatically pull moves based on the situation. The only problem I have with this game is I wish the attacking AI was a bit more lethal. Other than that, so enjoyable!

giphy.gif

I am officially in love with FIFA 17:

source.gif

Hey Topaz, I've noticed you've been enjoying '17 a bit lately and I need a break from '16 for a bit as their pin point passing is making me nuts. Can you let me know what mods you are using. Is it a gameplay mod and can I get the 17/18 winter transfers?

Thanks in Advance

Hey Topaz, I've noticed you've been enjoying '17 a bit lately and I need a break from '16 for a bit as their pin point passing is making me nuts. Can you let me know what mods you are using. Is it a gameplay mod and can I get the 17/18 winter transfers?

Thanks in Advance

I am playing mostly with a custom patch for both career mode and gameplay in the latest FIFA 17 update. I have used Matt's latest sliders and also tweaked it a little bit to improve CPU's attack. I have used Frosty Mod Manager to easily manage all the mods that I am using. If you want, I can send it to you.

FIFA 17 has real difference between team styles and it has the most balance between attack and defence. And the best cpu on World Class with slight tweaks to sliders to even it out against you.

However ...its FIFA at the end of the day. Players have no weight, they feel like ragdolls, shooting feels random and ball has no weight as well.

Its a good mixed bag imo regarding gameplay.

FIFA 17 has real difference between team styles and it has the most balance between attack and defence. And the best cpu on World Class with slight tweaks to sliders to even it out against you.

However ...its FIFA at the end of the day. Players have no weight, they feel like ragdolls, shooting feels random and ball has no weight as well.

Its a good mixed bag imo regarding gameplay.

I agree. It's as good as it gets though. Love the individuality in FIFA 17 and the fact that most matches feel different. However not a huge fan of player weight in FIFA.

Well if you dont touch PES for a long time you can get use to it. Made the mistake to play PES 2018 for a while and the contrast is huge!

Sadly it goes either ways. Just for PES is the diversity whats missing in passing, shooting, matches.

Altough i made some drastic global changes to the players in the DB via excel to have more inertia.

- based on -> changed
- weight+height+age -> speed, acceleration
- height -> jumping
- weight -> strenght
- agility -> weak foot usage accuracy (or whatever that is)
- dribbling -> skill moves
- age -> stamina

Just not to see Messi win all the headers, or Kompany being pushed off the ball by Neymar. Or Mertesacker catching up to Bellerin.

Altough i made some drastic global changes to the players in the DB via excel to have more inertia.

- based on -> changed
- weight+height+age -> speed, acceleration
- height -> jumping
- weight -> strenght
- agility -> weak foot usage accuracy (or whatever that is)
- dribbling -> skill moves
- age -> stamina

Just not to see Messi win all the headers, or Kompany being pushed off the ball by Neymar. Or Mertesacker catching up to Bellerin.

Did it work?

I am playing mostly with a custom patch for both career mode and gameplay in the latest FIFA 17 update. I have used Matt's latest sliders and also tweaked it a little bit to improve CPU's attack. I have used Frosty Mod Manager to easily manage all the mods that I am using. If you want, I can send it to you.

Yea, if you can tell me which ones you are using. I'm still debating between staying with '16 + supernova gameplay mod or jump to '17 or '18. IIRC, '17 annoyed me a little because the AI wouldn't attack much. Has this been fixed? Was '17 the same as '16 that AI doesn't misplace passes and tiki taka a lot?

Did it work?

strength ...i dont think it matters because of this shield button and its not contextual
speed...yes, you can wrong foot defenders better with players like Messi, Mata (altough i have increased injury frequency slider to give more risk taking on 2 defenders with these tiny players)
heading...yes, definitely

but i just cant get into the game that much. but i can share my files if you want to try. EPL and La Liga is fully updated as of Oct/Nov 17

Here is the ultimate modpack for FIFA 17 which includes my custom gameplay patch as well as my custom career mode patch for a realistic competitive career mode game. This and FIFA 16 modded IMO is the best footie game we have so far. Let me know how it plays off.

Preview:
Download Link: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1BtUCKnj8d-fEG0X-C45HT2GvtW1RC6up

Thanks @Topaz - giving it a whirl as we speak. Really appreciate it.

Just noticed that, when using the FIFA Infinity mod with it as described in your (brilliant) readme file, the badges and kits of the new teams (e.g. Apoel in the Rest of World section) turn into default FUT badges/kits. The kits are actually fine in-game, but is there any way I can get those menu badges/kits back?

Thanks again!

EDIT: Not just the new teams, Sparta Praha in the Rest of World have the right badge but default FUT kits now (on the menu - fine in-game).

Last edited:
Sparta Praha is not available in the original version of FIFA 17.
Ah. Just newly added teams then... :)

Oh, three manager images appear with blank faces too (when you select them, they all show the same default head). I'm guessing some default data is overwriting the stuff in the FIFA Infinity mod - possibly due to the parse order (the CM mod is at the end of the list, as requested in the readme)?

EDIT: Also, @Topaz, I meant to ask - what difficulty setting do you play on? What sliders do you use? What controller settings (e.g. pass assist)?

Last edited:
Thanks @Topaz - giving it a whirl as we speak. Really appreciate it.

Just noticed that, when using the FIFA Infinity mod with it as described in your (brilliant) readme file, the badges and kits of the new teams (e.g. Apoel in the Rest of World section) turn into default FUT badges/kits. The kits are actually fine in-game, but is there any way I can get those menu badges/kits back?

Thanks again!

EDIT: Not just the new teams, Sparta Praha in the Rest of World have the right badge but default FUT kits now (on the menu - fine in-game).

I play on Legendary but Professional is the perfect realistic balance. My sliders are modified version of @Matt10 sliders. You can see it on the video.

I play on Legendary but Professional is the perfect realistic balance. My sliders are modified version of @Matt10 sliders. You can see it on the video.
Thanks, man.

I had ten games this morning and I've got to say, I think it's pretty great with your mod. I feel a difference between teams, but by the same token they're not afraid to attack (if they can). Really enjoying it.

For me, the gameplay is better than 16 even when 16 is modded.

The only things I don't like are the AI's passes are unrealistically fast/hard, and their shots are too on occasion. But this is the kind of thing I'm wondering if I should try to fix with sliders (or if it'd be advisable to edit a cl.ini or similar instead)...!

Thanks, man.

I had ten games this morning and I've got to say, I think it's pretty great with your mod. I feel a difference between teams, but by the same token they're not afraid to attack (if they can). Really enjoying it.

For me, the gameplay is better than 16 even when 16 is modded.

The only things I don't like are the AI's passes are unrealistically fast/hard, and their shots are too on occasion. But this is the kind of thing I'm wondering if I should try to fix with sliders (or if it'd be advisable to edit a cl.ini or similar instead)...!

Yes you need sliders to adjust passing. I decreased the passing speed for the CPU I believe to lower the amount of driven passes from CPU and it brings down the pace of the game to a realistic pace.

Yes you need sliders to adjust passing. I decreased the passing speed for the CPU I believe to lower the amount of driven passes from CPU and it brings down the pace of the game to a realistic pace.
I'll apply the sliders from the video when I get home tonight, but even without those I was having a great time, as Middlesborough in the Championship and as Liverpool in the Premier League.

Do you know if there's any way I can fix the badges/kits of the FIFA Infinity newly added teams going missing?

I'll apply the sliders from the video when I get home tonight, but even without those I was having a great time, as Middlesborough in the Championship and as Liverpool in the Premier League.

Do you know if there's any way I can fix the badges/kits of the FIFA Infinity newly added teams going missing?

Can you take a screenshot of those badges/kits? Just need to double check it on my end.

Back
Top Bottom