FIFA 17 - PC Discussion

Seems like I have the same issue.
Also meant to ask - I've bought FIFA 17 through Origin but I can only find the version number in the _Installer folder, in the "installerdata.xml" file (the EXE properties just say "version 1.0.0.0").

The XML states it's version 1.0.48.30259 (and Origin states there's no further update available), but your mod's readme file states to use it with version 17.0.3175939.

Is there somewhere else I should look to find a number in that sort of structure (i.e. starts with a 17)?

Going to give up with the Infinity patch, started a career with Burnley and this happens every time.

bNSRdrU.jpg

Going to give up with the Infinity patch, started a career with Burnley and this happens every time.

bNSRdrU.jpg

Infinity Patch probably doesn't support your game version. Infinity Patch is optional to enjoy FIFA 17 Modded. It's just for updated roster and kits. I have some issue with Infinity Patch in exhibition, but not in career mode so that's a bit strange. I will try the patch on the Origin version and see if i get the same issue.

Infinity Patch probably doesn't support your game version. Infinity Patch is optional to enjoy FIFA 17 Modded. It's just for updated roster and kits. I have some issue with Infinity Patch in exhibition, but not in career mode so that's a bit strange. I will try the patch on the Origin version and see if i get the same issue.
I couldn't find a game version specification in their readme, but also, I realised last night that I can't seem to stop Origin from downloading the last patch for any FIFA - it downloads with it and that's that, which is annoying.

All I really wanted was "licensed" Champions League etc. but I can live without that for the gameplay, which I am absolutely LOVING. Thank you so much for your file.

Here is the ultimate modpack for FIFA 17 which includes my custom gameplay patch as well as my custom career mode patch for a realistic competitive career mode game. This and FIFA 16 modded IMO is the best footie game we have so far. Let me know how it plays off.

Preview:
Download Link: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1BtUCKnj8d-fEG0X-C45HT2GvtW1RC6up

I have just given it a try (your mod and fifa infinity one). I never played 17 before. I see why you find the cpu more interesting than in 18. It is way less stereotypic than in 18 (always passing directly to the ST) and 16 (passing the ball at the back and staying at the back some time too long). But I have to say I miss the physicality of 16. In 16 you are constantly using your player body to protect the ball or escape from an opponent. It is more scrappy and you have more 50/50 balls. Also I found a bit weird the movements of my players in attack. For example my fb were rapidly pushing up field and as a consequence my winger were covering them and stayed at the back. DMC were really pushing up field too. Winger were moving inside the pitch, making only a few meters without really offering interesting passing opportunities. I will give it others chances because the cpu felt ok/good in the way it played football.

Anyway thanks for sharing this and for the very detailed instructions to install everything!

But I have to say I miss the physicality of 16. In 16 you are constantly using your player body to protect the ball or escape from an opponent.
I would say "constantly" is right, and that's exactly why I find it difficult to enjoy! I like that it's a slower and possibly even a more mentally challenging experience, but to me it's way too physical with an AI that's too perfect in terms of its defensive positioning.

I don't have many situations where I can break into the opposition's final third with pace because the defensive line is so solid and so good at taking the ball away with its physicality.

I found [17] a bit weird the movements of my players in attack.
For me, "weird" is the only way to describe player feel/movement in 17/18. The switch to Frostbite really ruined it, I think. Although what you mention below:

For example my fb were rapidly pushing up field and as a consequence my winger were covering them and stayed at the back.

Maybe sliders can help you tweak this - are you using the sliders @Topaz shows in his career mode video? They're a slightly tweaked version of one of @Matt10's sets.

I'm immensely enjoying the game with @Topaz's mod - I wish I could slow it down a little (without lowering the acceleration slider and breaking fatigue accumulation), but otherwise, I think it's my favourite FIFA experience ever.

I have just given it a try (your mod and fifa infinity one). I never played 17 before. I see why you find the cpu more interesting than in 18. It is way less stereotypic than in 18 (always passing directly to the ST) and 16 (passing the ball at the back and staying at the back some time too long). But I have to say I miss the physicality of 16. In 16 you are constantly using your player body to protect the ball or escape from an opponent. It is more scrappy and you have more 50/50 balls. Also I found a bit weird the movements of my players in attack. For example my fb were rapidly pushing up field and as a consequence my winger were covering them and stayed at the back. DMC were really pushing up field too. Winger were moving inside the pitch, making only a few meters without really offering interesting passing opportunities. I will give it others chances because the cpu felt ok/good in the way it played football.

Anyway thanks for sharing this and for the very detailed instructions to install everything!

I think you hit the nail here.. I'm loving Fifa 16 ball physics and physicality, especially all this freedom both generally and to use your body, to the point that I'm still asking myself how could I have possibly overlooked this game the way I did at the times.. but, although I'm finding 16 AI still decent, 17 AI was conceptually better and surely more varied I think, not a case that it's the Fifa I played the most out of them all.. and that's why I'll revisit this too somewhere in the future.

Now to think about an ignite Fifa 17 with that IA.. man what an incredible masterpiece would have been :D .

Maybe sliders can help you tweak this - are you using the sliders @Topaz shows in his career mode video? They're a slightly tweaked version of one of @Matt10's sets.

I'm immensely enjoying the game with @Topaz's mod - I wish I could slow it down a little (without lowering the acceleration slider and breaking fatigue accumulation), but otherwise, I think it's my favourite FIFA experience ever.

I am gonna give it a fair try with the appropriate sliders!

Spectacular goal. But the fact you won 4-0 against Arsenal with Huddersfield away doesn't look good for FIFA 17 :THINK:

Spectacular goal. But the fact you won 4-0 against Arsenal with Huddersfield away doesn't look good for FIFA 17 :THINK:

All of my players are above 85. The only teams that have stopped me from winning are Man Utd, Man City and Chelsea. Won 10-0 against Swansea and 9-1 against Crystal Palace.

Back
Top Bottom