FIFA 18 Best Camera & Control Settings

geeeeee

International
2 May 2010
London
Tottenham
Hi all, I only got the game today and have found myself searching through posts to find what people's best camera settings are.

I thought it may be an idea to start a thread to save me (and anybody else) searching.
Also we could share our best control settings too whether it be assisted, semi, or manual.

I am still not sure myself so I will let somebody else get the ball rolling.

PS It may be an idea to state what format we are using for example, PS4, PC, etc...

I play on the PS3 so I really don't know if the game cams look the same on the PC or the PS4.

I use Dynamic Cam Height 18 and Zoom 6. Manual Passing Manual everything actually.

I'm a sucker for simulation so i play on Broadcast Height 20 Zoom 0. It does get tricky because of the isometric view but i find it the most immersive and gameplay appears little slower on it too.

EDIT: On PS4!

I switch cameras between Co-Op (which is the best for being tactical and has the benefit of appearing to slow the gameplay down because of the fact you're further away) and Tele Broadcast with max height and minimum zoom (little bit closer for taking on a dribbling opportunity).

Control-wise - in 17 I had to use assisted but in 18 I'm in love with semi-passing (and shooting) now, after an awkward few days trying to adjust. It means no silly first-time perfect passes, but... If you play on World Class you'll see the AI hitting them occasionally (even with sliders), so it's a little annoying.

Difficulty (on 8 minute halves), I'm constantly back and forth. But, I made some discoveries last night, playing the same career mode games (as Bolton, against Leeds and then Cardiff) about 5 times each. Speed set to SLOW. My pass error slider is set to 55, with the AI's set to 54. My pass speed is 44, with the AI's set to 34. (I want to reduce acceleration too but it introduces some weird "ew don't make me touch the ball" animations, so I'm still messing with it.)

On Professional, both sides tended to finish with around 83% pass accuracy (same as pretty much every FIFA 17 game I ever played on Legendary) and about 18 shots each. Fun but barely any midfield pressure.

On World Class, I finished my last match with both sides having 70% pass accuracy (so, so happy, the lowest I've ever seen), and about 8 shots each. Much, much better. BUT, there was a lot of silly perfect first-time passes from the AI (which sliders don't seem to be able to kill off completely) and so much pressure.

On Legendary, pass accuracy was up and down between 78% and 85%, with the same amount of shots each and less pressure, and it feels nicer to me - BUT... It's definitely easier than World Class (though they're more likely to score).

So I'm between World Class and Legendary...

Last edited:
For the short time I've given FIFA 18 a fair chance, I can suggest to the people playing it on PC to try Fidel's Broadcast Camera Mod, and use 1-4 presets, then go into FIFA Broadcast Camera and change it to 9-10, or something like that.
It's a nice fairly zoomed out Broadcast camera with just enough height to make it look like a proper EPL camera.

tele broadcast

height 8

zoom 16

its as close to pes6 normal long camera as you can get

I have decided to use this one for now as it is similar to the classic PES' normal long camera as goalgerd said. As I (if I) get better I will probably change it to something a bit more close up.

For the short time I've given FIFA 18 a fair chance, I can suggest to the people playing it on PC to try Fidel's Broadcast Camera Mod, and use 1-4 presets, then go into FIFA Broadcast Camera and change it to 9-10, or something like that.
It's a nice fairly zoomed out Broadcast camera with just enough height to make it look like a proper EPL camera.

Wait, so this tool works also for FIFA18? Or has Fidel released the new one?

The only thing I wish this had (which PES 5 and 6 had) is the ability to define camera swing in offline default mode. It has this option under Broadcast I think but it swings too much for me. I wish I could have this but reduce the swing by 50%

The only thing I wish this had (which PES 5 and 6 had) is the ability to define camera swing in offline default mode. It has this option under Broadcast I think but it swings too much for me. I wish I could have this but reduce the swing by 50%

May i also add that it was in PES2008 PS2. ;)

Back
Top Bottom