FIFA 18 DEMO - REVIEWS & OPINIONS

Poor ball physics, janky hyperspeed animations, stuck on normal gamespeed and no sliders... Yeah it's not great.

guys is khedira bugged at all of you like mine?
It says 84 CM,no picture of khedira no Name Just CM(84)
Atletico faces not updated only Griezman

Last year's demo was the first we couldn't adjust sliders. Gutted you can't this year. Do EA want a sale or what?!

Nah, we've had sliders before. Last year as well

Shouldn't the "team styles" Ea tooted since E3 be testable through a demo of the full game? How are we going to ever know if they work or not?

The FIFA 17 demo most certainly did not have sliders. Prior to FIFA 17, I believe they did. So sure, I was wrong in that it's a more recent thing.

The FIFA 17 demo most certainly did not have sliders. Prior to FIFA 17, I believe they did. So sure, I was wrong in that it's a more recent thing.
Hmm, maybe you're right, couldve sworn I remembered doing slider testing with Matt last year but maybe I'm wrong

It feels a lot heavier (in a good way) and the ball seems less attached to the player than previous iterations. That, and they've finally replaced that awful kicking sound (the foot contacting the ball sound) that has plagued the series for ages. Tricks your mind into believing the shots, passes, crosses feel heavier. These are just my first minute impressions, but on the ball, the game feels quite different.

Well... For the first time since 2013 I turned the demo off after 10 minutes of playing. The speed of that game is a JOKE. It is clearly visible that FIFA is made mainly for UT players (Messi + Ronaldo + Pele in one team). Graphically? Well.. What the hell is that graphic filter (cinematic) that has been added ? Day/clear condition looks so horrible. I don't get it, don't buy it, I'm completely dissapointed with the gameplay as well as it is pretty much the same as on FIFA 17.

Goal nets look beautiful, and that's the only pros I've noticed so far. Honestly.

Well... For the first time since 2013 I turned the demo off after 10 minutes of playing. The speed of that game is a JOKE. It is clearly visible that FIFA is made mainly for UT players (Messi + Ronaldo + Pele in one team). Graphically? Well.. What the hell is that graphic filter (cinematic) that has been added ? Day/clear condition looks so horrible. I don't get it, don't buy it, I'm completely dissapointed with the gameplay as well as it is pretty much the same as on FIFA 17.

Goal nets look beautiful, and that's the only pros I've noticed so far. Honestly.
Have to say I disagree re the game speed. It's not as bad as you are saying.

Just grabbed it now, had four games before getting booted off the TV because it's Great British Bake Off night.

Before I forget, "team styles" - I think (and I may be wrong) that they're AI-only and they're not going to be available to edit. But I may be wrong.

I'm really surprised that someone's said it's too fast - I thought it was really, really sluggish (playing on PS4 Pro in 4K, I wonder if that makes a difference).

This demo is (almost) a million miles from the beta I played. It's way slower, movement on the ball feels better and is less glitchy, and the AI seem to be doing different things. It still feels very keen to boot it straight to the striker, but there's more variety there.

Even on fully assisted passing, I enjoyed it. Players have weight, passes and shots too.

Still lots I'd like to test - I've only played on Professional and World Class difficulty so far and it felt a little too easy. But overall, I think it feels really, REALLY good.

I kept swapping between the 18 beta and my 17 career save with sliders, and I 100% preferred my 17 save. But this demo feels really balanced to me - and this is with default sliders. (My only real complaint is the AI pass accuracy on World Class was way too high, but I was playing against Bayern.)

I love the pace of the game, and am not even playing on slow yet so thats good.
Shooting feels great.

The sliding tackle seems harder to pull off now, I keep mistiming it and get booked because of that.

Dribbling is smoother. Players like Ronaldo have a nice first movement to get past a defender. This is either random or me pressing some button that i'm unaware of.
Pitch feels much smaller than in pes.

Btw : what a hideous logo for Juve!!!

Last edited:
I love the pace of the game, and am not even playing on slow yet so thats good.
Shooting feels great.

The sliding tackle seems harder to pull off now, I keep mistiming it and get booked because of that.

Dribbling is smoother. Players like Ronaldo have a nice first movement to get past a defender. This is either random or me pressing some button that i'm unaware of.
Pitch feels much smaller than in pes.

Btw : what a hideous logo for Juve!!!

the dribbling moves are new auto feints from high skill players

Just grabbed it now, had four games before getting booted off the TV because it's Great British Bake Off night.

Before I forget, "team styles" - I think (and I may be wrong) that they're AI-only and they're not going to be available to edit. But I may be wrong.

I'm really surprised that someone's said it's too fast - I thought it was really, really sluggish (playing on PS4 Pro in 4K, I wonder if that makes a difference).

This demo is (almost) a million miles from the beta I played. It's way slower, movement on the ball feels better and is less glitchy, and the AI seem to be doing different things. It still feels very keen to boot it straight to the striker, but there's more variety there.

Even on fully assisted passing, I enjoyed it. Players have weight, passes and shots too.

Still lots I'd like to test - I've only played on Professional and World Class difficulty so far and it felt a little too easy. But overall, I think it feels really, REALLY good.

I kept swapping between the 18 beta and my 17 career save with sliders, and I 100% preferred my 17 save. But this demo feels really balanced to me - and this is with default sliders. (My only real complaint is the AI pass accuracy on World Class was way too high, but I was playing against Bayern.)

Ironic because I have about the exact same impressions as I did with the Beta. Only played one game so far however. Glad you like it though!

If team styles are in fact, uneditable, what a major failure on EA's part

Just tried it, feels very good ..ive pre ordered pes and feel ing I might have jumped to soon..one question I have is fifa unlocked my hdr game mode on my 4k tv even though I don't have a ps4 pro ..looks very good..will pes do the same ? I thought her game mode was unlocked by the ps4 pro not the application

Back
Top Bottom